Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
126 Pages « < 115 116 117 118 119 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cycling V34: Road bikes - Recreational/Racing, Read the first page, thank you!

views

LanEVOchris
post May 24 2017, 06:58 PM

Enthusiast
861 posts

QUOTE(ChipZ @ May 24 2017, 06:24 PM)
When they quote weight of 8.5kg, which frame size do they refer to?
normally medium but in this case they could be quoting the smaller sizes. also they could be weighting the bike with different set of wheels as this set alone would be close to 2kg without tyres and tubes. if you're worried about tt bike weight then maybe you shouldnt be looking to buy a tt bike.
ChipZ
post May 24 2017, 08:58 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

I am planning to get an aerobike instead of TT bike since I have a clip-on bar. The tough part is due to my smaller body size, even the smallest Giant Propel Advanced and Merida Reacto are too large for me. I can only opt for Giant Liv (women model) sad.gif or probably 650cc TT bike
geno
post May 25 2017, 01:49 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Only buy a TT bike if u have another road bike to train on.
pussylover
post May 26 2017, 02:57 AM

On my way
618 posts

QUOTE(lilredridinghood @ May 24 2017, 10:07 AM)
This for training and racing

Training - Clincher, Racing - Tubular

http://road.cc/content/news/218781-first-r...clincher-wheels
Haha! Dont think i wanna upgrade to enve.
Gonna just stick with my bora for now and find a alu clincher.
pussylover
post May 26 2017, 03:00 AM

On my way
618 posts

QUOTE(geno @ May 25 2017, 01:49 PM)
Only buy a TT bike if u have another road bike to train on.

I have a friend who sold his roadbike to buy a TT. Ends up refusing to join any group rides that go thru hilly routes because he said hard to follow the group. Now he is looking for money to buy roadbike again. Lol
LanEVOchris
post May 26 2017, 06:48 AM

Enthusiast
861 posts

QUOTE(pussylover @ May 26 2017, 03:00 AM)
I have a friend who sold his roadbike to buy a TT. Ends up refusing to join any group rides that go thru hilly routes because he said hard to follow the group. Now he is looking for money to buy roadbike again. Lol
what tt bike he haz, maybe he wanna sell to me? tongue.gif

i ride hillier TTs nowadays so spend circa 10 hours a week on the TT bike especially training riding hills in aero position rclxms.gif
geno
post May 26 2017, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

Not so much of hills really, its good training.
Makes no sense to do long rides on a TT bike unless you are really training for a full ironman.
lilredridinghood
post May 26 2017, 10:23 AM

Not so google expert
2,111 posts

QUOTE(LanEVOchris @ May 26 2017, 06:48 AM)

i ride hillier TTs nowadays so spend circa 10 hours a week on the TT bike especially training riding hills in aero position  rclxms.gif
u my hero la
geno
post May 26 2017, 10:26 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

10 hours a week on TT bike thats #badass
Kadaj
post May 26 2017, 03:53 PM

On my way
536 posts

anyone knows if the Velodrome, Nilai open for public so we can bring our rb there for training?
LanEVOchris
post May 26 2017, 04:43 PM

Enthusiast
861 posts

QUOTE(geno @ May 26 2017, 10:26 AM)
10 hours a week on TT bike thats #badass
user posted image

I ride TTs weekly, race UCI TTs. If I don't spend 10 hours on the TT bike then no point turning up for TTs anymore biggrin.gif but im still slow unlike my hero lilredridinghood wink.gif
pussylover
post May 27 2017, 03:53 AM

On my way
618 posts

QUOTE(LanEVOchris @ May 26 2017, 06:48 AM)

i ride hillier TTs nowadays so spend circa 10 hours a week on the TT bike especially training riding hills in aero position  rclxms.gif
It is an aluminium canyon tt. Not highend enough for you lah. Haha!
helven
post May 27 2017, 11:30 PM

Doko Online
919 posts

Hello, after 1 month of reading, asking, searching, I'm back with questions.
I've decided to build my bike around Polygon Helios C5 spec because my friend advice me that it is a very good entry level endurance bike for beginner

So here a few decision I've made. My friend is also selling his carbon frame out, I've decided to go with that because I can pay him slowly and get my ride ready abit soon, thou the total is more expensive than C5. Also decided to go with 105 for it's resell value.

So now, I have yet to decide the wheelset, saddle and handle bar. Here's a price guideline my friend gave me so I will build around this price range
saddle: rm200
wheel cheap cheap can get rm500
handlerbar + stem + bartape = rm400
105 groupset new = rm1500

Can anyone advice me on below:
Saddle: How and what aspect I should consider? I've ride my friend's mtb once, the saddle is damn hard, it hurts my butt at 10km ride, i hardly sit on the saddle to continue, I'm not wearing cycling pants during that time
wheelset: I have no idea about this yet, but C5 is using Shimano RS010 Clincher road wheelset, idk if it is good, the price for new one is RM299 @BBS
Handlebar: No idea too, please advice.

Please help, thanks
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
miaopurr
post May 28 2017, 01:27 AM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(helven @ May 27 2017, 11:30 PM)
I've decided to build my bike around Polygon Helios C5 spec because my friend advice me that it is a very good entry level endurance bike for beginner

So here a few decision I've made. My friend is also selling his carbon frame out, I've decided to go with that because I can pay him slowly and get my ride ready abit soon, thou the total is more expensive than C5. Also decided to go with 105 for it's resell value.

So now, I have yet to decide the wheelset, saddle and handle bar. Here's a price guideline my friend gave me so I will build around this price range
powermeter mana?

wah... got #wheelsettalk

Saddle: How and what aspect I should consider? I've ride my friend's mtb once, the saddle is damn hard, it hurts my butt at 10km ride, i hardly sit on the saddle to continue, I'm not wearing cycling pants during that time
wheelset: I have no idea about this yet, but C5 is using Shimano RS010 Clincher road wheelset, idk if it is good, the price for new one is RM299 @BBS
saddle: read this https://www.cervelo.com/en-ca/engineering-f...of-road-saddles
diff pipu diff butt. usually, pipu go thru many a few saddles before they find one that suit them. ayam prefer hard, thin saddle. wah u not wearing pants when u cycle? seksek mesti suka.

wheelset: u kena summon others here. most probably they will tell u to get lekwek

handlebar: most important make sure u find the right width. not sure if u can find a brand new one with that budget. handlebar u have to consider two basic things; width, traditional/anatomic. if u wanna pening summore, then u can start looking at deep/shallow drop and reach

This post has been edited by miaopurr: May 28 2017, 01:37 AM
pussylover
post May 28 2017, 07:30 AM

On my way
618 posts

Please help, thanks
notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
Firstly, i hope your friend's frame is really your size that really fits you and not just trying to find a waterfish so that he could get rid of the frame quickly.

saddle, like miaopurr mentioned, it really is different from one person to another. and dont be surprised that "hard"/firm saddle is better than those kushy saddle for long distance. right now there's a lot of midyear sales going on, try to see anything good from bargain bin. also, most shops carry test saddle you can try. if you nice with the shop, they'd let you bring home to ride also. so, be nice to your lbs and support them.

wheelset, 500, is this together with tyres and tubes? if you dont mind going the used unit route. you'd get a decent one. else, probably mavic aksium that is within ? i dunno, havent really look into this price range as normally this range would cater for those comes complete with the bike type. imho, not really worth it to buy new if its <500. do remember you need to factor in at least 250 for new tyres/tube if you buying new wheelset.

handlebar, just make sure you got the sizing right or you use what the c5 comes with on the size that you were going to get. else, you could also use this fit calculator to get the measurements. your budget should be more than enough to get some decent kit.
https://www.competitivecyclist.com/Store/ca...culatorBike.jsp

dickybird
post May 28 2017, 09:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,070 posts

Please help, thanks
notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
How much is your total spend?
helven
post May 29 2017, 03:02 AM

Doko Online
919 posts

QUOTE(pussylover @ May 28 2017, 07:30 AM)
Firstly, i hope your friend's frame is really your size that really fits you and not just trying to find a waterfish so that he could get rid of the frame quickly.

saddle, like miaopurr mentioned, it really is different from one person to another. and dont be surprised that "hard"/firm saddle is better than those kushy saddle for long distance. right now there's a lot of midyear sales going on, try to see anything good from bargain bin. also, most shops carry test saddle you can try. if you nice with the shop, they'd let you bring home to ride also. so, be nice to your lbs and support them.

wheelset, 500, is this together with tyres and tubes? if you dont mind going the used unit route. you'd get a decent one. else, probably mavic aksium that is within ? i dunno, havent really look into this price range as normally this range would cater for those comes complete with the bike type. imho, not really worth it to buy new if its <500. do remember you need to factor in at least 250 for new tyres/tube if you buying new wheelset.

handlebar, just make sure you got the sizing right or you use what the c5 comes with on the size that you were going to get. else, you could also use this fit calculator to get the measurements. your budget should be more than enough to get some decent kit.
https://www.competitivecyclist.com/Store/ca...culatorBike.jsp
I trust him more than i trust myself lol tongue.gif
Already did the bike fit calculation before I start looking for bike
Base on this picture, I understand that the saddle is adjustable, can I say I have some space to adjust the between the saddle and the stem, if, just if I feel not comfortable with the stem length
user posted image

His frame can fit me because we're almost same height, like 1-2cm difference, I gave him my measurement, before this, was wanted to get a used Merida Scultura 400 from his friend in C5 price range but too bad the 50cm frame doesn't fit me. Thus I'm taking his 48cm bufalo frameset thou I know it is overkill. Kinda reluctant get used stuff from a stranger as I do not know the actual condition, much like buying a used car, and it is tough for me to judge if the used bike is good though there is Youtube video teaching how to check a used bike.

Yup I was surprised my friend told me most of his friend prefer hard saddle, so surprise.

Let say wheel vs handle bar, which one i should allocate more budget on it if I have RM900 budget to spend of them.
I watched review in youtube saying that Shimano RS010 Clincher road wheelset isn't that good, but, is it sufficient for a entry level cyclist?
Slightly googled mavic aksium, used unit is RM400 @BBS
http://bicyclebuysell.com/item/399785/mavi...res-shimano-hub

QUOTE(dickybird @ May 28 2017, 09:15 PM)
How much is your total spend?
If everything goes well like what I planned, should be not more than 5k on the bike itself.

This post has been edited by helven: May 29 2017, 12:47 PM
miaopurr
post May 29 2017, 03:49 AM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(helven @ May 29 2017, 03:02 AM)
Let say wheel vs handle bar, which one i should allocate more budget on it if I have RM900 budget to spend of them.
wheelset

I watched review in youtube saying that Shimano RS010 Clincher road wheelset isn't that good, but, is it sufficient for a entry level cyclist?
sufficient

better this one than rs010
leinnz
post May 29 2017, 09:53 AM

oldfags
755 posts

the wheelset only supports 10sp cassette. bear in mind on that when u purchased your 105 groupset
miaopurr
post May 29 2017, 09:59 AM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(leinnz @ May 29 2017, 09:53 AM)
the wheelset only supports 10sp cassette. bear in mind on that when u purchased your 105 groupset
which one u talking about? The mavic?

126 Pages « < 115 116 117 118 119 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0239sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:28 AM