Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
123 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nexus Huawei Nexus 6P - Roundtable Discussion V5, September security patch is released!

views

Someonesim
post May 24 2016, 03:58 PM

In my way
9,132 posts

QUOTE(terence_nwb @ May 24 2016, 03:13 PM)
Check first post please.
More like 'Scroll up' since we're at first page tongue.gif

EDIT
doh.gif I GOT TROLLED ( my post appeared in 2nd page biggrin.gif )

This post has been edited by Someonesim: May 24 2016, 04:00 PM
ayyefresco
post May 24 2016, 04:03 PM

15 posts

After update to dev preview 3. My SOT only got 2 hour & half.Is it normal or worse? 😂

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
N33d
post May 24 2016, 04:15 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

Getting very bad experince from Huawei SC..
I almost denied from claiming warranty because the technician does not acknowledge 3 problems that i brought up.

First issue is FP sensor not working properly when the phone is charging. The person said i did not register my FP properly. WTF, i said it only happened during charging, not having issue during normal usage. They ignore it and some more teach me how to enroll the print

Second about wonky GPS is worse,
She told me is because my simcard is cut out instead of original one. I asked her, where is the relation. She told me, it is because cut out sim card will have line drop out issue and GPS is depended on connection to work properly. WTF

Thirdly, about the imbalance speaker volume
They told me they do not detect any difference. I told them no, there is difference. Then i get blamed on the video that i play is surround and it causes that.

They blamed all on the user. I told them The speaker issue is a real issue and you can see from the internet. They just do not listen to me. At last, i give them an angry look and told them seriously, this is the second time i came here and i do not wanna come again for the same issue. Only then they decided to give me 1 to 1 exchange. I was relief.... then only to realise that the new phone got pink hue on the right side of the screen while blue on the left. I question them again, then the CS told me, it is a new feature that protect the eyes of the user by filtering out the blue light!!

I told her go and check with the technician and tell me again! THen she came back to me and said they need to order a new phone and ask me to wait for another 2-3 days. sigh. lousy warranty service! They din even check their phone for defect before giving to customer

Gonna escalate them soon if they still treat me like an idiot

This post has been edited by N33d: May 24 2016, 04:17 PM
junkyman
post May 24 2016, 04:22 PM

Regular
1,250 posts

QUOTE(N33d @ May 24 2016, 04:15 PM)
I almost denied from claiming warranty because the technician does not acknowledge 3 problems that i brought up.

First issue is FP sensor not working properly when the phone is charging. The person said i did not register my FP properly. WTF, i said it only happened during charging, not having issue during normal usage. They ignore it and some more teach me how to enroll the print

She told me is because my simcard is cut out instead of original one. I asked her, where is the relation. She told me, it is because cut out sim card will have line drop out issue and GPS is depended on connection to work properly. WTF

They told me they do not detect any difference. I told them no, there is difference. Then i get blamed on the video that i play is surround and it causes that.

They blamed all on the user. I told them The speaker issue is a real issue and you can see from the internet. They just do not listen to me. At last, i give them an angry look and told them seriously, this is the second time i came here and i do not wanna come again for the same issue. Only then they decided to give me 1 to 1 exchange. I was relief.... then only to realise that the new phone got pink hue on the right side of the screen while blue on the left. I question them again, then the CS told me, it is a new feature that protect the eyes of the user by filtering out the blue light!!

I told her go and check with the technician and tell me again! THen she came back to me and said they need to order a new phone and ask me to wait for another 2-3 days. sigh. lousy warranty service! They din even check their phone for defect before giving to customer

no wonder Google will not let HUAWEI again coorporate the new Nexus 2016 which Google did in the past with LG, Samsung, Asus (nexus 7) and HTC.
jun_ng_1208
post May 24 2016, 04:25 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

Been using Pure Nexus for a few weeks now, so far so good but I still miss Cataclysm tongue.gif
remix2040
post May 24 2016, 04:26 PM

Ma! Get the camera!
4,423 posts

1. your fingerprint sensor WILL DIE if you don't get it replaced in the near future. It is a known issue, this can be validated on reddit. Few people have said that the symptoms of a fingerprint sensor failure is that it doesnt always activate when you're charging it. To some people, they say this is grounding issue but it's not.

2. Wonky GPS is normal if you have Location set to Battery Saving. this is due to the phone relies on data connection to triangulate your approximate location. If you set it to Device Only, then GLONASS module will take over the data connection part. If you've already set this to Device only or High Accuracy and still get retarded GPS tracking, then it's time for a new phone.

looks like they're not willing to give you another phone. sad.gif take it up to Huawei's fb page maybe?
Someonesim
post May 24 2016, 04:30 PM

In my way
9,132 posts

"BOLEHLAND" quality service at your best sweat.gif

QUOTE(junkyman @ May 24 2016, 04:22 PM)
no wonder Google will not let HUAWEI again coorporate the new Nexus 2016 which Google did in the past with LG, Samsung, Asus (nexus 7) and HTC.
Google rarely stick to same manufacturers, only LG ( phone ) and Asus ( tablet ) ever success at making more than one generation.
remix2040
post May 24 2016, 04:57 PM

Ma! Get the camera!
4,423 posts

I've decided to embark on a journey of turning my phone into a black and white combo. biggrin.gif

I ordered a new body for my Nexus 6P and see how it goes. I bought a Graphite body off eBay and try to convert my phone's body from Frost White to Graphite, like my first Nexus 6P biggrin.gif
junkyman
post May 24 2016, 04:58 PM

Regular
1,250 posts

QUOTE(Someonesim @ May 24 2016, 04:30 PM)
"BOLEHLAND" quality service at your best  sweat.gif
Google rarely stick to same manufacturers, only LG ( phone ) and Asus ( tablet ) ever success at making more than one generation.
dont miss out Samsung as Samsung did do two nexus phone - Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S
zhou86
post May 24 2016, 05:21 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

Oh damn, I am having the same FP issue while charging too, specifically when doing "Rapid Charging", normal Charging speed no issues though.

So my FP will fail? cry.gif

Recently I had 2 cases where the phone won't charge using the original charger (other charger/pb can) but when restart phone only can rapid charge again.
fatahmy_008
post May 24 2016, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(junkyman @ May 24 2016, 04:58 PM)
dont miss out Samsung as Samsung did do two nexus phone - Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S
Also another nexus device; the nexus 10.
Someonesim
post May 24 2016, 05:44 PM

In my way
9,132 posts

QUOTE(junkyman @ May 24 2016, 04:58 PM)
Totally forgot I used to own 2 Samsung Nexuses in my life sweat.gif
metaloid
post May 24 2016, 06:55 PM

konpeko~
1,972 posts

Guys i'm ordering this Gtcoupe USB type C cable Benson Leung approved. Let me know if u want. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017P2RHZ6?psc=1

This post has been edited by metaloid: May 25 2016, 05:15 PM
TSterence_nwb
post May 24 2016, 07:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,011 posts

May I know which SC you went?
N33d
post May 24 2016, 09:34 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(terence_nwb @ May 24 2016, 07:27 PM)
May I know which SC you went?
penang island sc ranting.gif

QUOTE(remix2040 @ May 24 2016, 04:26 PM)
1. your fingerprint sensor WILL DIE if you don't get it replaced in the near future. It is a known issue, this can be validated on reddit. Few people have said that the symptoms of a fingerprint sensor failure is that it doesnt always activate when you're charging it. To some people, they say this is grounding issue but it's not.

2. Wonky GPS is normal if you have Location set to Battery Saving. this is due to the phone relies on data connection to triangulate your approximate location. If you set it to Device Only, then GLONASS module will take over the data connection part. If you've already set this to Device only or High Accuracy and still get retarded GPS tracking, then it's time for a new phone.

looks like they're not willing to give you another phone. sad.gif take it up to Huawei's fb page maybe?
this is my first nexus phone and i am so disappointed with those hardware issues
damn.. this is a flagship le, so lousy with the QC nowadays?

still miss my S3, served me so well without any hardware issue until it died 3 years later cry.gif

This post has been edited by N33d: May 24 2016, 09:39 PM
TSterence_nwb
post May 24 2016, 09:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,011 posts

QUOTE(N33d @ May 24 2016, 09:34 PM)
penang island sc  ranting.gif
this is my first nexus phone and i am so disappointed with those hardware issues

still miss my S3, served me so well without any hardware issue until it died 3 years later cry.gif
No wonder, I went to KL (Plaza Berjaya) SC few times already and the staffs there are quite friendly, sad to hear different SC gives different type of service, hopefully Huawei MY will improve their service.
remix2040
post May 24 2016, 09:48 PM

Ma! Get the camera!
4,423 posts

First of all, the speaker imbalance issue is noted by Google saying that it's built to be imbalanced. Not too sure how but that's how it is. Almost everyone has this issue. At least you didn't get a phone with half its screen in a pink blotch. wink.gif

Another thing about QC issues with the 6P, you may or may not know, but the Nexus logo on the back of the phone is ever so slightly off center and it's never in the middle.
N33d
post May 24 2016, 09:59 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(remix2040 @ May 24 2016, 09:48 PM)
First of all, the speaker imbalance issue is noted by Google saying that it's built to be imbalanced. Not too sure how but that's how it is. Almost everyone has this issue. At least you didn't get a phone with half its screen in a pink blotch. wink.gif

Another thing about QC issues with the 6P, you may or may not know, but the Nexus logo on the back of the phone is ever so slightly off center and it's never in the middle.
the replacement phone screen that they gave me is half pink and half blue lol. luckily my eyes is sharp enuf to tell me something is weird

i rejected it
alfred@heaven
post May 25 2016, 12:20 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

The music playing on my phone stops when the screen goes off.
Music resumes when the phone is screen on.

any solution to keep music playing even phone is screen off?

This post has been edited by alfred@heaven: May 25 2016, 12:21 AM
Someonesim
post May 25 2016, 07:31 AM

In my way
9,132 posts

I'm not defending them but it could be just bad luck, I know it felt bad.
My Nexus 6 was suddenly dead when I was browsing LYN news in morning, motherboard just died for no reason. I dont go around claim Motorola's QC bad because I was unlucky.

You mentioned HW SC said need wait few days, are you still waiting or got replacement already ? Check carefully and pray you'll get good unit.
Report back pls on speaker balance, as newer batch are reported to has this 'issue' fix ( although Google/HW said it's design that way whistling.gif )

QUOTE(remix2040 @ May 24 2016, 09:48 PM)

One will know when he try to apply dbrand skin on it whistling.gif

123 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0261sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:22 PM