Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Question: AirAsia Self Print Bag Tag

views

TSbillylks
post May 22 2016, 04:31 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
176 posts

My family is going holiday in a week and ayam handling their flight checkin purpose.

1. During check-in online, the web asked about number of checked baggage per person, can we play safe and put the numbers more than the bags we have?

2. The home tag (print bag tag at home), it mentions that the plastic covers need to get it at the airport. Who has experience doing this? Where are the plastic covers anyway, at the counters? need queue to get them?

3. Instead of printing home tags ourselves, can we just print the bag tags at the airport?

inb4 not airasia customer service

=========================

Update 1

So previously I stopped the check in process half way when the site asked about the number of bags (defaulted to 1 bag per pax). Then I closed the browser tab without continuing.

So then I tried to checked in again, but the system said all guesses checked in liao shocking.gif
No choice I needed to choose the reprint boarding pass option, lucky all passport numbers were there, BUT self print bag tags were not included! I guess I have no choice but to ask them to print the bag tags at the kiosks (if AirAsia allows this, if not chaos!)

==========================

Update 2

Fortunately we could print the bag tags at the kiosk. I am not sure if we could reprint the tags anytime at the kiosk, or this was because the glitch that I mentioned in update 1.

At kiosk we needed to specify the number of bags for departure per group, not per person. No passenger name is printed at the tags. (small stickers from the tags would be removed and stuck to the bag and ticket stub later).

This post has been edited by billylks: Jun 1 2016, 03:52 AM
TSbillylks
post May 22 2016, 04:37 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(joe_mamak @ May 22 2016, 04:33 PM)
They would probably charge if you print at the airport.
No I mean if we don't print the tag at home, can we print the tags at the kiosk?

I find it crazy that we need to know the number of bags in advance (even for the return flight) during checkin online. Is it safe to mark up the number of bags?
TSbillylks
post May 22 2016, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(zenox0123 @ May 22 2016, 04:37 PM)

Hi, kindly refer to the video above.
This one if checkin at kiosk, ayam checkin online through their website.
TSbillylks
post May 22 2016, 04:49 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(joe_mamak @ May 22 2016, 04:42 PM)
Question 1, I think answered from the video.  The kiosk should be able to do both.....not sure if it can only do one (i.e. print bag tag) but not the other.  Doesn't make sense if they do it like that though.
This is what worries me. You see once you checkin online, they assume you print the boarding passes already, and you cannot print boarding the boarding passes at the kiosk (who design this can win a Noble prize). I just afraid that the same idea is used for self print bag tags too.

I have 10 travellers in the group, if I markup 2 bags per passenger, I need to print 40 bag tags (to and return) at home.

TSbillylks
post May 22 2016, 04:51 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(fabianz03 @ May 22 2016, 04:48 PM)
AirNZ doing this for years now.
Damn easy and hassle free, no need queue too.

But then good bye to jobs.
So can we mark up the number of baggage tags?
TSbillylks
post May 22 2016, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(devildevil87 @ May 22 2016, 05:08 PM)
Not sure...
I check in online by phone .
but only print the AirAsia Self Print Bag Tag on the day I want to fly.
During checkin online, did they ask you to specify the number of checked bag?

At the kiosk, can we change the number of bags?
TSbillylks
post May 22 2016, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(adix4 @ May 22 2016, 05:18 PM)
as far as I know

for Airasia you 100 bag also ok

as long not exceeding the 20,30,40kg luggage that you buy
The problem is this self print bag tag is new, and now it is incorporated into online checkin.

During online checkin it asks number of bags per pax already. Problem will arise if during bag tag print at kiosk and we are not allow to increase the number. Let's hope the system is more flexible.
TSbillylks
post May 22 2016, 06:29 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(fabianz03 @ May 22 2016, 05:41 PM)
why would you do that?
Because we cannot foresee the number of bags for the return flight since it is a holiday with aunty aunty.
TSbillylks
post May 23 2016, 07:14 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ May 23 2016, 07:03 AM)
Okay I just flew off on Saturday night/Sunday early morning.

I web check in like I always do. They asked for number of luggage as you've mentioned. I put 2 cause I know got 2. Printed out the stupid A4 paper bag tag which looks stupid. Nvm.

Wented to airport. Not many ppl so wented to kiosk and print luggage tag. It asked for how many luggage. I put 2. Print out 2 luggage tag like normal that goes around your bag handle. I prefer these than A4 paper in plastic bag. Wented to counter. Drop my luggage at counter as usual, just the girl didn't tag my luggage cause tagged edi.

Okay I think my question solved liao. I think can simply put any number first (what's the point really), then go to airport and specify the real bag numbers and print the bag tags.

Thank you very much!
TSbillylks
post Jun 1 2016, 03:37 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(vandemon @ Jun 1 2016, 01:40 AM)
Just wondering. Can my self print baggage tag in black/white format? Will they reject my baggage during check in?
Yes, no problem. The important thing is the bar code can be read by the bar code reader.
TSbillylks
post Jun 1 2016, 03:43 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(anantha92 @ Jun 1 2016, 02:16 AM)
Why is it crazy to know the number of bags in advance? You are supposed to check in for a flight a few hours before , not 1 week before. Just check in on your phone air asia app after you leave the house on the way to the airport and print the tag once you are there, problem solved.
Have you tried to manage a group of 10 people on a holiday before? They go for holiday and they shop. To know how many bags when they depart is no problem, but to know how many bags they return is impossible unless you can predict the future.

TSbillylks
post Aug 2 2016, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(wkwong84 @ Aug 2 2016, 09:47 AM)
So u tried? Can we print again at the kiosk?
Yes can reprint the tag. At the kiosk you can also respecified the number of bags.
TSbillylks
post Oct 15 2016, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(adix4 @ Oct 15 2016, 03:32 PM)
eh so end up what happened?

this is happening to me now liao

internet problem and already checked in lmao
Go to the airport and find the bag tag print kiosk at KLIA2 (checkin hall). You can change the number of bags you like. No need to worry.
TSbillylks
post Dec 15 2016, 12:51 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(PrincZe @ Dec 15 2016, 12:30 AM)
so if i checked in via web, can i reprint boarding pass at kiosk?
I am assuming you are talking about the boarding pass here, and not the bag tags.

If you have checked in via web, you cannot reprint the boarding pass at normal kiosks at the checkin hall.
You need to find the kiosks outside of the checkin hall, on the same floor just next to the escalator to go down. There are kiosks with online web interface, and the kiosk has the built in printer connected. So from the top main menu, choose web check-in, choose reprint boarding pass.
TSbillylks
post Dec 15 2016, 02:25 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(peterscm @ Dec 15 2016, 02:07 AM)
Hand carry bag still limit to 7KG?

How about DSLR + Flash?

With other items (like notebook, powerbank) together then may exceed 7kg?

Can DSLR hang at the shoulder and let them just weight the carry in bag?
You are allowed a hand carry 7kg + (hand bag or laptop bag)
TSbillylks
post Apr 13 2017, 02:08 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(GTA5 @ Apr 12 2017, 10:33 PM)
Bro, same thing happen to me now biggrin.gif

So how? Did you manged to print the bag tags at the airport kiosk? Got any extra charges for that?

Thanks!
No extra charges.

You can check in online (and print the boarding pass without bag tags), then go to baggage kiosk to print out the bag tags - you can change the number of bags here.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.54    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:14 AM