Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hire Purchase Act, Particular to the 2011 amendment

views

abz
post Jun 30 2016, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

Seems right with the booking fee thing.

When I order my car from mazda, the salesman did not even ask for any deposit, he just request some documents to apply for loan.

foxxy
post Aug 17 2019, 12:05 PM

On my way
646 posts

Hi, Sorry to bump up an old thread. I have some issue here and need some advice.

Event in ascending order.
1.I paid booking fee, then
2.I signed the h/p facility (No chasis number included), then
3.I paid the 10% deposit
4.I paid for the car plate (300+300 runner fee)
5.Now the salesman told me that there's no stock and have to wait. Well, his words are not the same before I signed 1,2,3. Fu*k. I told him that I insist to cancel the order (but did not sign anything pertaining to cancellation of order). I'm ready to forfeit number 4, but not 1 and 3.

Question -

Am I able to get back 100% of item no.3? Spoke to SC. He said company will refund 90% only of item 3 because they already register the car and paid cukai. Not sure what cukai. But since that particular model has no stock, I doubt he can perform any registration under my name.

Appreciate if you can help me out on this. First time buying a car, sudah kena kuat kuat. ranting.gif

This post has been edited by foxxy: Aug 17 2019, 12:11 PM
Ginny88
post Aug 17 2019, 10:01 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

QUOTE(foxxy @ Aug 17 2019, 12:05 PM)
Hi, Sorry to bump up an old thread. I have some issue here and need some advice.

3.I paid the 10% deposit
5.Now the salesman told me that there's no stock and have to wait. Well, his words are not the same before I signed 1,2,3. Fu*k. I told him that I insist to cancel the order (but did not sign anything pertaining to cancellation of order). I'm ready to forfeit number 4, but not 1 and 3.
Question -

Am I able to get back 100% of item no.3? Spoke to SC. He said company will refund 90% only of item 3 because they already register the car and paid cukai. Not sure what cukai. But since that particular model has no stock, I doubt he can perform any registration under my name.
Appreciate if you can help me out on this. First time buying a car, sudah kena kuat kuat.  ranting.gif
The dealer contradicts himself. If there is no stock there is no car to register. If he has already registered the car in your name he will never agree to any refund as the registration cannot be reversed so it is safe to assume that he is lying through his teeth. He has also done something shady by asking for the 10% deposit before a car has been assigned to you.

You are certainly entitled to a refund of all monies paid but getting it from this shady dealer is another matter. You may have little choice but to wait for a car to be available in order not to incur losses. What sort of waiting period are we talking about? Otherwise be prepared for a hard fight to get back your money. You could start by complaining to the HQ of the car make you are buying.

This post has been edited by Ginny88: Aug 17 2019, 10:08 PM
mushigen
post Aug 17 2019, 10:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(foxxy @ Aug 17 2019, 12:05 PM)

3.I paid the 10% deposit
Question -

Appreciate if you can help me out on this. First time buying a car, sudah kena kuat kuat.  ranting.gif
The 10% is down payment, right? It should be paid after the car has arrived, prior to registering at JPJ.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:35 AM