Kodi Official Discussion Thread V2, Free and Open Source (GPL) Media Center

views

AVFAN
post Feb 18 2019, 01:08 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 18 2019, 12:14 PM)
This be why Russian, Chinese, Swiss, etc servers and "companies" exist.. When there's the will, there's always the way. I haven't felt the need to use RD in a while. But there be other paid premium VOD sources besides private trackers. Tis always going to be a cat and mouse game. No matter the crackdown. Media piracy is like illegal booze, drugs and prostitution. The more the government tries to crack down on em, the stronger they become. My advice to them, is instead of spending and wasting time and valuable resources on crackdowns.. Why doesn't the industry apply that same energy to making media content more open to all. The likes of Netflix, Spotify, Hulu and Apple TV have shown that there is indeed a market for this stuff.. More importantly, people are willing to pay for decent service and support.. We just don't want to be shafted. Tis all.
the cat n mouse game for this will surely go on, no doubt!

i was more interested to know if "4k HDR and surround" streams exist on kodi addons.

u hv personally used or seen such?

i tried a couple of times, such heavy streams... tough, can't get.

heavily ripped 1080p/4k 2.0 audio, yes.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Feb 18 2019, 01:21 PM
xngjn
post Feb 18 2019, 02:49 PM

Regular
1,239 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 18 2019, 10:39 AM)
r u talking about online 4k hdr streams with kodi addons via realdebrid?
really, even if the devices are capable, are such 4k hdr streams easily available and reliable with kodi addons NOW?

even with vpn, realdebrid.

if so, i am surprised... since with the european laws now set to change to punish/fine those who offer pirate, i wud think few dare to continue doing it.

more so for high quality streams since the prosecutors will probably target these in particular.

i may be wrong but wud like to know the current state or affairs.
Yes. I mean 4k realdebrid.
Currently I using amd laptop to stream so far video was ok. But sound after awhile it will out sync. Maybe my PC unable to handle 4k well. Processor jump to 99% after awhile. Because is a old old laptop.
When I watch 12 strong. I can see it was 4k and sound was 7.1 DTS-MA

TSvoncrane
post Feb 18 2019, 04:10 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 18 2019, 01:08 PM)
the cat n mouse game for this will surely go on, no doubt!

i was more interested to know if "4k HDR and surround" streams exist on kodi addons.

u hv personally used or seen such?

i tried a couple of times, such heavy streams... tough, can't get.

heavily ripped 1080p/4k 2.0 audio, yes.
There are UHD HDR + surround sounds streaming available via Kodi addons.. That's why I added the "there be other paid premium VOD sources besides private trackers." part.. I've personally seen such. Easiest, you are already familiar with would be Quasar/Elementum.. Point to the right magnet files and it'll do what its supposed to do.

On another note.. Kodi Leia V18.1 has been released. Can grab from Kodi's website or directly update from the Google Play Store.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Feb 18 2019, 04:12 PM
AVFAN
post Feb 18 2019, 05:39 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(xngjn @ Feb 18 2019, 02:49 PM)
Yes. I mean 4k realdebrid.
Currently I using amd laptop to stream so far video was ok. But sound after awhile it will out sync. Maybe my PC unable to handle 4k well. Processor jump to 99% after awhile. Because is a old old laptop.
When I watch 12 strong. I can see it was 4k and sound was 7.1 DTS-MA
your old laptop likely can't deliver 4k and dtshdma audio, so u cannot be sure.
becos many of these streams are incorrectly labeled - i hv seen many of them.
u got to try on a capable device with a full home theater system to be sure.

i had a couple of years ago, tried many 4k addons (most defunct, dead now) - with mixed results.
the heavily ripped ones (more like 2k or 3k but labeled 4 k), 2.0 audio were fine.
the better ones were buffering, out of sync, stopped, hung...
i stopped trying until recently - the newer addons are much the same, not reliable.

it will be good if u can get hold of a good device and try them.
i don't know how many users here have been successful.

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 18 2019, 04:10 PM)
There are UHD HDR + surround sounds streaming available via Kodi addons.. That's why I added the "there be other paid premium VOD sources besides private trackers." part.. I've personally seen such. Easiest, you are already familiar with would be Quasar/Elementum.. Point to the right magnet files and it'll do what its supposed to do.
On another note.. Kodi Leia V18.1 has been released. Can grab from Kodi's website or directly update from the Google Play Store.
i have tried and not so successful - quasar, elementum or 4k addons.
that's why i ask if u or others have tried and what results.
i hv good connection speed, that's not the problem.
which makes me think it's due to poor servers or much less capable providers doing it now.
use of expensive paid service for vpn or private memberships to get them negate the whole purpose.
for that, i wud rather pay netflix.

again, i am talking about "4k HDR hd audio".
sub 4k, sdr, 2.0 audio is a piece of cake - that's not the 4k i will want to watch! tongue.gif
TSvoncrane
post Feb 18 2019, 09:05 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 18 2019, 05:39 PM)
your old laptop likely can't deliver 4k and dtshdma audio, so u cannot be sure.
becos many of these streams are incorrectly labeled - i hv seen many of them.
u got to try on a capable device with a full home theater system to be sure.

i had a couple of years ago, tried many 4k addons (most defunct, dead now) - with mixed results.
the heavily ripped ones (more like 2k or 3k but labeled 4 k), 2.0 audio were fine.
the better ones were buffering, out of sync, stopped, hung...
i stopped trying until recently - the newer addons are much the same, not reliable.

it will be good if u can get hold of a good device and try them.
i don't know how many users here have been successful.
i have tried and not so successful - quasar, elementum or 4k addons.
that's why i ask if u or others have tried and what results.
i hv good connection speed, that's not the problem.
which makes me think it's due to poor servers or much less capable providers doing it now.
use of expensive paid service for vpn or private memberships to get them negate the whole purpose.
for that, i wud rather pay netflix.

again, i am talking about "4k HDR hd audio".
sub 4k, sdr, 2.0 audio is a piece of cake - that's not the 4k i will want to watch! tongue.gif
I'm talking about the same thing bruh.. Sometimes, I search using Quasar and rxxxg offers 4K selections to play..Alternatively you can use Quasar's web interface to add specific magnet or otherwise links from public trackers..These specific links you already know are 4K.. It'll work fine.. Similarly, get access to private trackers like xxxxxts and similar.. enter their logins in Quasar/Elementum settings.. Then search using the addon.. Disable other providers if they interfere...Of course, must pay attention to your "score" on such sites.. too low and you are seen as a freeloader and kicked off. smile.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Feb 18 2019, 09:06 PM
AVFAN
post Feb 19 2019, 01:37 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 18 2019, 09:05 PM)
I'm talking about the same thing bruh.. Sometimes, I search using Quasar and rxxxg offers 4K selections to play..Alternatively you can use Quasar's web interface to add specific magnet or otherwise links from public trackers..These specific links you already know are 4K.. It'll work fine.. Similarly, get access to private trackers like xxxxxts and similar.. enter their logins in Quasar/Elementum settings.. Then search using the addon.. Disable other providers if they interfere...Of course, must pay attention to your "score" on such sites.. too low and you are seen as a freeloader and kicked off.  smile.gif
Elementum is now the only way to get such on kodi 18.1 since other addons dun work for me.

The smaller files are ok, say up to 20gb. Beyond that, not smooth.

Of course, as the files get older, the seeds n peers reduce very quickly, cant do anymore.

Which is why i use elementum mainly for 1080p tv shows.

The rest, gotta do it the old fashion way.
TSvoncrane
post Feb 19 2019, 06:07 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 19 2019, 01:37 AM)
Elementum is now the only way to get such on kodi 18.1 since other addons dun work for me.

The smaller files are ok, say up to 20gb. Beyond that, not smooth.

Of course, as the files get older, the seeds n peers reduce very quickly, cant do anymore.

Which is why i use elementum mainly for 1080p tv shows.

The rest, gotta do it the old fashion way.
Ah I see.. For the bold part? Really not an issue on private trackers as even years old unpopular files still get good seeders. Cuz many have to use seed boxes with large quotas or run home NAS.. These boxes have high bandwidth and are able to max out one's download speeds. Nevertheless, I understood that you'd rather not pay more for better ehem connects. The "old fashion" way is still best, especially if one still stores anyway.

Now that 18.1 is out.. Maybe I'll give Elementum another chance.. See if it'll work better now. Say, what external storage do you use with your Q10 Pro that's fast enough to simultaneously download and keep playing 20GB files? My previously okay Samsung flash drive is messing up.. So I'm inclined not to use it back again.
AVFAN
post Feb 19 2019, 09:40 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 19 2019, 06:07 AM)
Ah I see.. For the bold part? Really not an issue on private trackers as even years old unpopular files still get good seeders. Cuz many have to use seed boxes with large quotas or run home NAS.. These boxes have high bandwidth and are able to max out one's download speeds. Nevertheless, I understood that you'd rather not pay more for better ehem connects. The "old fashion" way is still best, especially if one still stores anyway.

Now that 18.1 is out.. Maybe I'll give Elementum another chance.. See if it'll work better now. Say, what external storage do you use with your Q10 Pro that's fast enough to simultaneously download and keep playing 20GB files? My previously okay Samsung flash drive is messing up.. So I'm inclined not to use it back again.
the time will come to pay for "auxiliary services" but so far, i have no need.

there is still a problem with Elementum even on 18.1 - the save options dun work.
so, for now, it's just watch and forget, can't save for later.
probably some incompatibility still persisting.
i haven't read any new elementum or quasar version that works the way they should on 18.1.

devices like q10pro with internal sata HDD provides a useful feature for apps/addons like quasar/elementum.
with the path set to it, u have plenty of storage - whatever is available on the drive.
the same can be done with other apps that will save the files.
saves the trouble to plug in portable hdd, set right path everytime.
DL speed is good, no diff compared to using PC or notebook.

GuyM
post Feb 19 2019, 12:09 PM

Regular
1,767 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 19 2019, 09:40 AM)
devices like q10pro with internal sata HDD provides a useful feature for apps/addons like quasar/elementum.
with the path set to it, u have plenty of storage - whatever is available on the drive.
Perhaps there's truth in what Gobind said abt the msians downloading contents.....

Haram sifu! 😆😆😆

This post has been edited by GuyM: Feb 19 2019, 12:10 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
AVFAN
post Feb 19 2019, 05:35 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(GuyM @ Feb 19 2019, 12:09 PM)
relax.

the time will come when nobody will post anything. smile.gif
TSvoncrane
post Feb 19 2019, 09:05 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 19 2019, 09:40 AM)
the time will come to pay for "auxiliary services" but so far, i have no need.

there is still a problem with Elementum even on 18.1 - the save options dun work.
so, for now, it's just watch and forget, can't save for later.
probably some incompatibility still persisting.
i haven't read any new elementum or quasar version that works the way they should on 18.1.

Yeah... Suspected it's be a SATA HDD.. That's plenty fast enough... Now, researching how to setup an inexpensive NAS + seed-box combo.. Most likely will use the RPI3 and a couple large HDDs. Set up RAID.. bla bla.. sigh..

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 19 2019, 05:35 PM)
relax.

the time will come when nobody will post anything. smile.gif
Haha...IMO, the time is already here.. I'm posting less and less new stuffs and given recent announcements.. Have to code my posts even more to avoid "misinterpretations".. whistling.gif
virgoguy
post Feb 20 2019, 12:35 AM

On my way
539 posts

I can't seem to access any kodi addon repository from my kodi 18.1. Anyone can help? It keep prompt me "Could not connect to repository" kodibae or IAC or Maverick TV all the same
TSvoncrane
post Feb 20 2019, 04:00 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(virgoguy @ Feb 20 2019, 12:35 AM)
I can't seem to access any kodi addon repository from my kodi 18.1. Anyone can help? It keep  prompt me "Could not connect to repository" kodibae or IAC  or Maverick TV all the same
Hey, check first if you can connect and browse the official Kodi repo. This will at least rule out an internet or system-ish problem with connecting to repos. If it does connect to the official one and installs addons no issues? Then most likely those failed repos are dead. Need to seek newer ones. Check with the addon dev if they switched.
virgoguy
post Feb 20 2019, 07:39 AM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 20 2019, 04:00 AM)
Hey, check first if you can connect and browse the official Kodi repo. This will at least rule out an internet or system-ish problem with connecting to repos. If it does connect to the official one and installs addons no issues? Then most likely those failed repos are dead. Need to seek newer ones. Check with the addon dev if they switched.
definitely not internet issue. I have no problem to connect to the source and download the zip. Once I try to install from repo it throw me the message "could not connect to the repository"

few post back(like a week ago) I still saw people posting about installing it . Am I so lucky that today I try to install it goes dead? so coincident that all 3 repos not working? rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by virgoguy: Feb 20 2019, 07:40 AM
TSvoncrane
post Feb 20 2019, 11:37 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(virgoguy @ Feb 20 2019, 07:39 AM)
definitely not internet issue. I have no problem to connect to the source and download the zip. Once I try to install from repo it throw me the message "could not connect to the repository"

few post back(like a week ago) I still saw people posting about installing it . Am I so lucky that today I try to install it goes dead? so coincident that all 3 repos not working? rclxub.gif
Mind posting all 3 repo urls here.. I'll check from my end..
xngjn
post Feb 20 2019, 12:44 PM

Regular
1,239 posts

Hi, I got this 2 old tvbox.
Which is better to handle normal Full HD streaming?
MXQ Pro
Mele M9

This 2 box already in store room long time already.
Thank you
virgoguy
post Feb 20 2019, 07:27 PM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 20 2019, 11:37 AM)
Mind posting all 3 repo urls here.. I'll check from my end..
It's working today but I faced another problem dependencies
TSvoncrane
post Feb 20 2019, 10:53 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(xngjn @ Feb 20 2019, 12:44 PM)
Hi, I got this 2 old tvbox.
Which is better to handle normal Full HD streaming?
MXQ Pro
Mele M9

This 2 box already in store room long time already.
Thank you
I changed my mind.. I'd go with neither... If you are looking to purchase. The MXQ has a newer OS version and SoC, but it's 1GB RAM & 8GB ROM in this day and age is...silly.. The MeLe M9 seems to be a much older device..at least since 2013 and it wasn't a great device to begin with.. Pass. So I can't in all honesty recommend one over the other.

QUOTE(virgoguy @ Feb 20 2019, 07:27 PM)
It's working today but I faced another problem dependencies
That can happen too.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Feb 20 2019, 11:01 PM
xngjn
post Feb 21 2019, 05:19 AM

Regular
1,239 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 20 2019, 10:53 PM)
I changed my mind.. I'd go with neither... If you are looking to purchase. The MXQ has a newer OS version and SoC, but it's 1GB RAM & 8GB ROM in this day and age is...silly.. The MeLe M9 seems to be a much older device..at least since 2013 and it wasn't a great device to begin with.. Pass. So I can't in all honesty recommend one over the other.
That can happen too..  smile.gif
Mele M9 had 2GB Ram.
Already bought Minix U9-H. This morning just received. Had install Kodi and PPSSPP on it. When running 4k I can see CPU was working correctly and no more sound out sync.
Currently I had this 2 old box thinking want put at bedroom. Which is better processor and ram? I feel both also like almost same speed.
Thank you.

This post has been edited by xngjn: Feb 21 2019, 06:38 AM
virgoguy
post Feb 21 2019, 09:19 AM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 20 2019, 10:53 PM)

That can happen too..  smile.gif
I manage to go some website download the dependencies. So everything is working now.

This post has been edited by virgoguy: Feb 21 2019, 09:20 AM

302 Pages « < 269 270 271 272 273 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:13 PM