Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kodi Official Discussion Thread V2, Free and Open Source (GPL) Media Center

views

AVFAN
post Oct 24 2017, 03:38 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(khairilyazit @ Oct 24 2017, 03:35 PM)
Nope.. only on live youtube streams.. with the youtube addon...
The stream didn't stutter on android..

I'm on digi LTE.. usual speed around 3Mbps to 10Mbps.. maxes out around 50Mbps..
that... need others to comment.

i do not use youtube kodi....
khairilyazit
post Oct 24 2017, 03:49 PM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 24 2017, 03:38 PM)
that... need others to comment.

i do not use youtube kodi....
I'm running LibreELEC if that matters.. 8.1.2 iinm..
TSvoncrane
post Oct 24 2017, 03:51 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(khairilyazit @ Oct 24 2017, 03:49 PM)
I'm running LibreELEC if that matters.. 8.1.2 iinm..
Seems it's OS related then.. Cuz same as you reported.. Just tested multiple live streams and the official YouTube addon doesn't stutter..
khairilyazit
post Oct 24 2017, 04:02 PM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 24 2017, 03:51 PM)
Seems it's OS related then.. Cuz same as you reported.. Just tested multiple live streams and the official YouTube addon doesn't stutter..
U on RPi 2B too?
I suspect its the Graphics/Video unit thats slow..

This post has been edited by khairilyazit: Oct 24 2017, 04:02 PM
TSvoncrane
post Oct 24 2017, 04:08 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(khairilyazit @ Oct 24 2017, 04:02 PM)
U on RPi 2B too?
I suspect its the Graphics/Video unit thats slow..
Nope.. Using Android box.. Sorry didn't specify earlier...
^pomen_GTR^
post Oct 24 2017, 04:13 PM

Regular
1,077 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 24 2017, 01:04 PM)
with that unifi speed, u shud not get buffering in kodi covenant.
the videos in covenant are heavily ripped hd, not big files, like 1-3gb only.
try quasar... that speed u can even stream files up to 12gb.

i suspect u have not turned off hardware acceleration (surface) - find that in kodi settings/video.

what box is that?!
actually mine usually does stutter occasionally...especially in motorsports stream...

and its stated that the source is is slow...(or whatever it was actually)

no way getting around that....for movies usually it plays fine...
AVFAN
post Oct 24 2017, 04:21 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(^pomen_GTR^ @ Oct 24 2017, 04:13 PM)
actually mine usually does stutter occasionally...especially in motorsports stream...

and its stated that the source is is slow...(or whatever it was actually)
no way getting around that....for movies usually it plays fine...
ah... i was referring to covenant on demand videos, 1-3gb.

free live sports streams, esp in hd... kodi or other apps... i said many times already - unreliable. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Oct 24 2017, 04:44 PM
TSvoncrane
post Oct 24 2017, 04:38 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

It's all about the source.. Some acestream links are quite reliable, just have to know where to look... Kodi remains my primary app of choice for 99% content consumption on the box. Currently using a paid ehem service. They've got their own addon that sets up the live pvr addon and EPG, and android app.. Tons of channels from different regions, private servers for VOD content and PPV (live & replays).. All smooth. Before one asks.. Unfortunately, I can't share now as it's on the down low. Google though, you'll probably bump into it. Some who have been following this thread will have an icon_idea.gif
neuromancerx
post Oct 24 2017, 04:45 PM

Enthusiast
863 posts

RPi2 user here. Loaded with OpenELEC, i don't see that issue from my side. Unifi 50Mbps if that matters, and it is connected on wired LAN.
TSvoncrane
post Oct 24 2017, 04:50 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Kodi v17.5 final is released and comes with another bunch of fixes. Update via preferred medium. Fixes done in this release:

*Joysticks: Fix accelerometers preventing screensaver
*More robust way of handling audio output on variety of Android devices
*Fix playback of DVD file over network on Linux
*Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
*Fix up and down buttons on ir remotes with macOS High Sierra
*Added latest apple devices to allow retina support
*Fix not being able to add content manually to videolibrary
*Fix power message handling for CEC
*Fix jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide window

wonger
post Oct 24 2017, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
231 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 24 2017, 12:18 PM)
Firstly, while RAM size is important for Kodi, 8GB is simply way overkill and tells that it's either one of those random bs Android boxes or you actually meant ROM. My device has 2GB RAM and is more than sufficient. Other factors come into play, such as network health, server, device hardware + software combo and if it's Kodi friendly or not.

Try setting up a custom advancedsettings.xml for your Kodi installation. Might help. Read up on it.
QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 24 2017, 01:04 PM)
what box is that?!
Haha sorry. I exaggerate. But point is, the box has more resources available than what Kodi was originally designed for (if I'm not mistaken). I just wanted to make sure my copy of Kodi is utilizing all available resources.

I tried editing the advancedsettings.xml file before but like no difference geh. Oso not sure where to check. Heh. I checked in Kodi settings where it got show system resources. Like no difference. No make sense.

Doesn't matter la. Now box is... dead. It's acting strange. Starts up and all but remote control doesn't work. Changed battery oso no work. And after Kodi starts up, it shows a blank screen on TV. Not even dimmed out. Just blank although TV receiving signal. Will see if I can wipe~

Cheers!
TSvoncrane
post Oct 24 2017, 05:31 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(wonger @ Oct 24 2017, 05:00 PM)
Haha sorry. I exaggerate. But point is, the box has more resources available than what Kodi was originally designed for (if I'm not mistaken). I just wanted to make sure my copy of Kodi is utilizing all available resources.

I tried editing the advancedsettings.xml file before but like no difference geh. Oso not sure where to check. Heh. I checked in Kodi settings where it got show system resources. Like no difference. No make sense.

Doesn't matter la. Now box is... dead. It's acting strange. Starts up and all but remote control doesn't work. Changed battery oso no work. And after Kodi starts up, it shows a blank screen on TV. Not even dimmed out. Just blank although TV receiving signal. Will see if I can wipe~

Cheers!
More resources > not enough resources biggrin.gif

That's why I mentioned that you first read up on it. As each line of code and parameters do specific things in Kodi, some can be noticed immediately and others simply work behind the screen to keep Kodi more optimized for your device than its default settings. For example, "Splash screen upon boot up (true/false) is a change that's easily noticed. Same with the "timecorrection" tag.. On the other hand, others such as the logging option (debugged/normal) occur behind the scenes and keep watch. This is especially helpful in diagnosing issues. Came in handy just a few minutes ago. I updated from V17.4 to V17.5 on Android and Kodi refused to launch properly. it starts and then quits back to the homescreen. Checked the log file and voila, it pointed to an issue with the Addons27.db file. A quick trip with the file manager to delete the file, killed the running Kodi and cleared its cache (just incase, do not clear data else all is lost) via settings and I'm back in business. Always keep a recent "working perfect" backup though.. Just nuke and restore if can't be revived.

Just updated to V17.5? Try the trick above for the Kodi turning blank.. Sorry, can't help with broken hardware.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Oct 24 2017, 11:23 PM
AVFAN
post Oct 24 2017, 05:32 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(wonger @ Oct 24 2017, 05:00 PM)

Cheers!
my experience, advancedsettings.xml is no longer relevant since kodi16, will make no difference.

box... get a better one. cheap boxes are troublesome in more than one way.

i assure u the usual addons like covenant, quasar, icdrama work fine on a decent box.

only free live sports in hd are hard to get.
shinchan^^
post Oct 24 2017, 08:21 PM

K66
All Stars
21,256 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 24 2017, 03:10 PM)
Both repo & addon are fine.. See post #2 on page one for repo zip file. Uninstall or rollback whatever you've done, to avoid conflicts.. Install downloaded zip.
Attached Image
Got this error . Any idea ? I m using mibox
TSvoncrane
post Oct 24 2017, 11:37 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(shinchan^^ @ Oct 24 2017, 08:21 PM)
Attached Image
Got this error . Any idea ? I m using mibox
Did a fresh install to test the zip file from the link and it's bad.. So go about it this way instead. Confirmed, this works.
*Download and install the Colossus repo.
*Install from repo > Video Add-ons > Covenant addon... Wait for install.
*Enjoy!

Link on page one updated. smile.gif
AVFAN
post Oct 25 2017, 01:45 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 24 2017, 05:31 PM)
I updated from V17.4 to V17.5 on Android and Kodi refused to launch properly. it starts and then quits back to the homescreen. Checked the log file and voila, it pointed to an issue with the Addons27.db file. A quick trip with the file manager to delete the file, killed the running Kodi and cleared its cache (just incase, do not clear data else all is lost) via settings and I'm back in business. Always keep a recent "working perfect" backup though.. Just nuke and restore if can't be revived.
just noticed my q10pro auto updated to 17.5 w/o me doing anything.

all is ok.

googling a bit, it looks like the problem u faced happened to a lot of users, various boxes.

lek_e30
post Oct 25 2017, 06:27 AM

Hao hao sit
2,388 posts

Having problem with my kodi, cant load anything on any add ons. I just change my unifi to time fiber, and tested tv box working fine. But after few hours, cant load dy
GuyM
post Oct 25 2017, 07:50 AM

Regular
1,767 posts

QUOTE(lek_e30 @ Oct 25 2017, 06:27 AM)
Having problem with my kodi, cant load anything on any add ons. I just change my unifi to time fiber, and tested tv box working fine. But after few hours, cant load dy
Reset your router, ensure it is setup with Google DNS
GuyM
post Oct 25 2017, 07:51 AM

Regular
1,767 posts

Calling Aznhusband bro, icdrama ain't working this morning... Thanks bro
TSvoncrane
post Oct 25 2017, 08:13 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 25 2017, 01:45 AM)
just noticed my q10pro auto updated to 17.5 w/o me doing anything.

all is ok.

googling a bit, it looks like the problem u faced happened to a lot of users, various boxes.
Yeah, I disabled automatic updates on all apps when possible and on the Play Store, cuz I like to manually initiate an update and watch for changes instead of being surprised and not immediately know that the app was updated. Good thing, the issue was an easy fix. So no biggie. smile.gif

QUOTE(lek_e30 @ Oct 25 2017, 06:27 AM)
Install the official YouTube addon. Use that to test that Kodi is able to connect and stream.

302 Pages « < 213 214 215 216 217 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:06 PM