Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Student Form 5

views

TSxboxrockers
post May 3 2016, 11:27 PM, updated 8y ago

On my way
661 posts

I am form 5 student and i work more into electronics such sensors,power and microcontroller ,Btw because I am alone continuing my destiny or hobby i also want to learn code either c or python because either two supports platform of raspberry pi .Which should i go for Python or C for quickly learn .

Btw now i am a intermediate programmer on arduino IDE . i heard its smtg like c but differ in someways .

ham2dan
post May 3 2016, 11:55 PM

6 posts

with python it is easier to learn programming because it has no complicated syntax but c is usually better for oop(object oriented)

i usually learn new language from this site... he is quite helpful
https://thenewboston.com/

TruboXL
post May 4 2016, 02:10 AM

Over 900 useless posts
984 posts

QUOTE(ham2dan @ May 3 2016, 11:55 PM)
with python it is easier to learn programming because it has no complicated syntax but c is usually better for oop(object oriented)

Nice... rclxms.gif Bookmarked and thanks!

Anyway to TS, yeah you can learn from python though sometimes you may end up forget how to code the other programming language...
LOL I dunno why but I can only learn one and forget the other confused.gif

So learning new things and don't forget to revise back the old language is the advice I can give...
lol4291
post May 4 2016, 02:25 AM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ May 3 2016, 11:27 PM)
I am form 5 student and i work more into electronics such sensors,power and microcontroller ,Btw because I am alone continuing my destiny or hobby i also want to learn code either c or python because either two supports platform of raspberry pi .Which should i go for Python or C for quickly learn .
Btw now i am a intermediate programmer on arduino IDE . i heard its smtg like c but differ in someways .
From what i read online [i've also looked into what programming courses to learn and stuff], between C and python, python is easier to learn and less forgiving compared to C. So, most people recommend that for beginner; unless if what you are supposed to learn is C, then go with C.

On the other hand, i seen people who recommend to go with C, then python because they can be integrated; plus learning C will help you with the correct syntax and stuff. [Like i mention python is more forgiving than C = refers to the syntax and stuff].

To sum up, if you only using python, then python [learning C afterwards can be harder with improper syntax and stuff]. If only C, then C [easier to learn other languages as it incorporates C]. My advise is that if you need both of it, then go C -> Python.

p/s: i'm not a computer programming student or such. Just curious like you as well smile.gif
wKkaY
post May 4 2016, 11:37 AM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
VIP
6,008 posts

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ May 4 2016, 02:27 AM)
If you want to learn quickly and do quickly, learn python.

If you want to develop for yourself a good foundation in computing, especially in your field of interest, learn C. You will definitely wrangle with C code at some point, and knowing how to RTFS, write, and debug C... will be valuable. Because good luck finding a stackoverflow result for your C problem wink.gif
wKkaY
post May 4 2016, 12:03 PM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
VIP
6,008 posts

QUOTE(lol4291 @ May 4 2016, 05:25 AM)
From what i read online [i've also looked into what programming courses to learn and stuff], between C and python, python is easier to learn and less forgiving compared to C. So, most people recommend that for beginner; unless if what you are supposed to learn is C, then go with C.

On the other hand, i seen people who recommend to go with C, then python because they can be integrated; plus learning C will help you with the correct syntax and stuff. [Like i mention python is more forgiving than C = refers to the syntax and stuff].

To sum up, if you only using python, then python [learning C afterwards can be harder with improper syntax and stuff]. If only C, then C [easier to learn other languages as it incorporates C]. My advise is that if you need both of it, then go C -> Python.

p/s: i'm not a computer programming student or such. Just curious like you as well smile.gif
Syntax might be a problem for people completely new to the language. But after you grasp the syntax of the language (say after 1 month), a novice programmer would find that the major difference between getting things done in Python vs in C, are:
1) Python has a richer standard library that accomplishes things in fewer lines than C
2) Mistakes in Python code likely won't trample all over your memory and frustrate your debugging
TSxboxrockers
post May 4 2016, 02:36 PM

On my way
661 posts

Thanks
pandera999
post May 4 2016, 05:44 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

yeee... i learn from there too.... laugh.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:28 AM