1,592 posts

park
Selectt
post Jul 16 2018, 02:51 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(leokoo @ Jul 8 2016, 02:44 PM)
Hey NightHeart,

Actually, shifting ecommerce software isn't a good idea. I was like you once, and shifted from Cart66, Prestashop and eventually WooCommerce. In terms of SEO, you lose all backlinks if you don't use the same URL as previously. Even with a 301 redirect, you are bound to lose a certain amount of traffic.

OpenCart on it's on will hardly take any time to manage. But if you do a vanilla OpenCart installation, you get to install pretty much some canggih stuff from places like OpenCartX (http://www.opencartx.com)
bro, why switch so many builder? mind to tell experience?

QUOTE(naimibrahim @ Apr 25 2018, 12:27 PM)
Better get a webhosting site and install WordPress and woocommerce.

Cheapest hosting+domain that i found is hosting malaya rm75 for both..
park
Selectt
post Jul 16 2018, 05:41 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Jul 16 2018, 05:28 PM)
What you're trying to build?

Based on my experience so far, go for web builders if you're planning to keep things simple & small scale in the long run. But if you're very ambitious & planning to have a high traffic & your own personalized website, you'd probably wanna go for Magento instead.
bro, i m building ecom sites selling specific stuff. i want to have the base that is expandable so i dont need to worry the future. For now will start simple and small until i get traffic. May outsource my site for a small fee depends on the work or i will build it myself. Not afraid to say am a newbie here.

Care to guide and recommend?
Selectt
post Jul 24 2018, 11:37 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Jul 16 2018, 05:51 PM)
When I first opened this thread in 2016, I was absolutely clueless. Now in 2018, 2 years after using a web builder & talking to some people, I'm half clueless still haha. I'm weak in IT related fields, so that's why I didn't learn much. I subscribe to a web builder, got my website up & running, then do offline activities to promote my online shop.

Basically what I've learned so far is, if you're using a web builder, you're riding on the host's system or server. So if you switch, you'll lose all the hardwork you did for SEO & you'll probably gonna lose a lot of data too. So IMO, don't switch unless you're truly pissed at your current provider. Each time you switch, you'll lose a lot. So one should upgrade from web builder to Magento if they intend to bring their website to greater height. So yea, moving to Magento is what I'm planning to achieve eventually. But until then, my current web builder (serverfreak) has been treating me really well.
bro, what ecomm platform and hosting are you using now? i m now researching on malaysian offerings which is making me undecided and confusing since i have no experience in ecomm. is there any ecomm platform is best bang for buck on your recommendation?
Selectt
post Jul 25 2018, 03:09 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Jul 25 2018, 12:23 AM)
I'm using Serverfreak's unicart. Reason why i choose them is because they offer total solution. Good for noobs like me lol. If you go with the likes of Webshaper or Shopify, they only offer web builder. You still need to register your own domain, get your own email etc etc, which I suck at  sweat.gif
bro, i rmb u said moving your ecomm to magento? due to?
Selectt
post Aug 4 2018, 02:59 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Jul 25 2018, 04:32 PM)
Can share more details on what you’re trying to do?

My long run goal is to switch to magneto because it’s 100% yours & you’re free to customize however you want. Plus all your investment on SEO won’t be wasted.
bro, i m also setting online store. I have 2 choices either to choose a complete e-commerce hosting which is 2x more expensive than regular hosting.

serverfreaks has cheap regular hosting which they also support magneto. But main problem, I dont know how to setup magento.
Selectt
post Aug 4 2018, 06:06 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Aug 4 2018, 05:49 PM)
I don't know how to use magento either. So I went with something that I could understand i.e. their unicart system. It's all pre-made templates anyway, just need to upload the product details.
Ya bro, serverfreaks has 3 ecom hosting which has package of rm420/490/590 respectively yearly. If i could setup a simple cart using regular hosting i could save much more. After due consideration, i decided to go for trial regular hosting for around rm150 yearly using opencart. Setup up is one thing, troubleshooting another. Appreciate if any sifu to advise here.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:28 PM