Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Building an eCommerce website

alexyong342
post Feb 3 2018, 06:32 PM

Group: Junior Member

guys what are your thoughts on web hosting locally in malaysia, I useExabytes , anyone with better alternative??
Ckmwpy0370
post Feb 5 2018, 10:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(alexyong342 @ Feb 3 2018, 06:32 PM)
guys what are your thoughts on web hosting locally in malaysia, I useExabytes , anyone with better alternative??
Exabytes is quite established and stable but they r using email communication only for any issue concern

NightHeart
post Feb 5 2018, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!

There’s also Shinjiru & Serverfreak. Exabytes has a poor reputation here, but it’s been a while already so they might have improved.

QUOTE(Ckmwpy0370 @ Feb 5 2018, 10:32 AM)
Exabytes is quite established and stable but they r using  email communication only for any issue concern
I think most company offers email communication as the main source of support. Some offers phone support but the subscription cost higher. So the most important thing is how fast the response is. I’m on Serverfreak & they response in a few hours, including after office hours too. My experience with Exabytes, took them few days to respond.
Ckmwpy0370
post Feb 5 2018, 01:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Feb 5 2018, 11:22 AM)
There’s also Shinjiru & Serverfreak. Exabytes has a poor reputation here, but it’s been a while already so they might have improved.
I think most company offers email communication as the main source of support. Some offers phone support but the subscription cost higher. So the most important thing is how fast the response is. I’m on Serverfreak & they response in a few hours, including after office hours too. My experience with Exabytes, took them few days to respond.
i ve experienced with Exabytes, the responds to my issue was quite responsive and able to solve my issue
although i was really dislike on email support method.

k8houz
post Apr 11 2018, 12:10 PM

Is the location necessary to be exactly in malaysia? Hosting provider in singapore area is still consider around malaysia area since it's located between east and west malaysia if coordinates is so crucial to you. Even exabytes is hosting their entire easystore platform on aws. Is that not enough to tell you which one is better?

Aws is not the only choice of course (it is not cheap for sme), use digitalocean if you're sme. Others are GCP, azure and etc (ask google). My point here is not telling you not to choose any local service provider but to tell you there are simply world best technology companies around us and their products worth every cent you're paying.

This post has been edited by k8houz: Apr 11 2018, 12:34 PM
musicarvind
post Apr 11 2018, 08:44 PM

Group: Newbie

i was wondering if some of you wordpress gurus could recommend me a couple good product display extension without a checkout cart!. we have a furniture retail shop and i would like to display products by different kinds of furniture and the prices.
jordan_rudess
post Apr 14 2018, 02:03 AM

Budget?
Timeframe?
Goals of Site?
Pages Needed?
Maybe they can help you? - https://eulerr.com/project/cat/website/ bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif

This post has been edited by jordan_rudess: Apr 17 2018, 01:04 AM
dvlzplayground
post Apr 16 2018, 01:17 AM

Newbie...like, seriously

QUOTE(musicarvind @ Apr 11 2018, 08:44 PM)
i was wondering if some of you wordpress gurus could recommend me a couple good product display extension without a checkout cart!. we have a furniture retail shop and i would like to display products by different kinds of furniture and the prices.
You can use WooCommerce and just remove the cart function.

Examples:

https://www.cloudways.com/blog/how-to-remov...in-woocommerce/

https://hardikmalaviya.wordpress.com/2015/0...view-only-shop/

There might be better articles around on how to do this. I just wanted to share the possibility.
musicarvind
post Apr 16 2018, 11:43 AM

QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Apr 16 2018, 12:17 AM)
You can use WooCommerce and just remove the cart function.

Examples:

https://www.cloudways.com/blog/how-to-remov...in-woocommerce/

https://hardikmalaviya.wordpress.com/2015/0...view-only-shop/

There might be better articles around on how to do this. I just wanted to share the possibility.
thank you. thats exactly what i did. hehe.
naimibrahim
post Apr 25 2018, 12:27 PM

Better get a webhosting site and install WordPress and woocommerce.

Cheapest hosting+domain that i found is hosting malaya rm75 for both..
MaxyPower
post Apr 25 2018, 07:02 PM

Getting Started

I use Magento platform. I know that Shopify and Magento are in tops. Personally, I had experience with the last one 'cause it completely met my needs. And it has many magento plugins and modules for example review extension or copy category magento extension. They make my store more attractive to the potential customers.

This post has been edited by MaxyPower: Apr 26 2018, 03:25 PM
Selectt
post Jul 15 2018, 10:42 PM

wattttt!!

park
ladycooper
post Jul 16 2018, 08:32 AM

Enthusiast

Hey guys and girls,

Everyone here are talking ecommerce
If you have a nice ecommerce site
feel free to nominate your own ecommerce store to Malaysia Website Awards
Selectt
post Jul 16 2018, 02:51 PM

wattttt!!

QUOTE(leokoo @ Jul 8 2016, 02:44 PM)
Hey NightHeart,

Actually, shifting ecommerce software isn't a good idea. I was like you once, and shifted from Cart66, Prestashop and eventually WooCommerce. In terms of SEO, you lose all backlinks if you don't use the same URL as previously. Even with a 301 redirect, you are bound to lose a certain amount of traffic.

OpenCart on it's on will hardly take any time to manage. But if you do a vanilla OpenCart installation, you get to install pretty much some canggih stuff from places like OpenCartX (http://www.opencartx.com)
bro, why switch so many builder? mind to tell experience?

QUOTE(naimibrahim @ Apr 25 2018, 12:27 PM)
Better get a webhosting site and install WordPress and woocommerce.

Cheapest hosting+domain that i found is hosting malaya rm75 for both..
park
NightHeart
post Jul 16 2018, 05:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Selectt @ Jul 16 2018, 02:51 PM)
bro, why switch so many builder? mind to tell experience?
park
What you're trying to build?

Based on my experience so far, go for web builders if you're planning to keep things simple & small scale in the long run. But if you're very ambitious & planning to have a high traffic & your own personalized website, you'd probably wanna go for Magento instead.
Selectt
post Jul 16 2018, 05:41 PM

wattttt!!

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Jul 16 2018, 05:28 PM)
What you're trying to build?

Based on my experience so far, go for web builders if you're planning to keep things simple & small scale in the long run. But if you're very ambitious & planning to have a high traffic & your own personalized website, you'd probably wanna go for Magento instead.
bro, i m building ecom sites selling specific stuff. i want to have the base that is expandable so i dont need to worry the future. For now will start simple and small until i get traffic. May outsource my site for a small fee depends on the work or i will build it myself. Not afraid to say am a newbie here.

Care to guide and recommend?
NightHeart
post Jul 16 2018, 05:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Selectt @ Jul 16 2018, 05:41 PM)
bro, i m building ecom sites selling specific stuff. i want to have the base that is expandable so i dont need to worry the future. For now will start simple and small until i get traffic. May outsource my site for a small fee depends on the work or i will build it myself. Not afraid to say am a newbie here.

Care to guide and recommend?
When I first opened this thread in 2016, I was absolutely clueless. Now in 2018, 2 years after using a web builder & talking to some people, I'm half clueless still haha. I'm weak in IT related fields, so that's why I didn't learn much. I subscribe to a web builder, got my website up & running, then do offline activities to promote my online shop.

Basically what I've learned so far is, if you're using a web builder, you're riding on the host's system or server. So if you switch, you'll lose all the hardwork you did for SEO & you'll probably gonna lose a lot of data too. So IMO, don't switch unless you're truly pissed at your current provider. Each time you switch, you'll lose a lot. So one should upgrade from web builder to Magento if they intend to bring their website to greater height. So yea, moving to Magento is what I'm planning to achieve eventually. But until then, my current web builder (serverfreak) has been treating me really well.

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0742sec    3.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 02:08 AM