Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please post GE14 related topics in the following new section ► https://forum.lowyat.net/MalaysiaVotes2018

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Building an eCommerce website

alexyong342
post Feb 3 2018, 06:32 PM

Group: Junior Member

guys what are your thoughts on web hosting locally in malaysia, I useExabytes , anyone with better alternative??
Ckmwpy0370
post Feb 5 2018, 10:32 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(alexyong342 @ Feb 3 2018, 06:32 PM)
guys what are your thoughts on web hosting locally in malaysia, I useExabytes , anyone with better alternative??
Exabytes is quite established and stable but they r using email communication only for any issue concern

NightHeart
post Feb 5 2018, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!

There’s also Shinjiru & Serverfreak. Exabytes has a poor reputation here, but it’s been a while already so they might have improved.

QUOTE(Ckmwpy0370 @ Feb 5 2018, 10:32 AM)
Exabytes is quite established and stable but they r using  email communication only for any issue concern
I think most company offers email communication as the main source of support. Some offers phone support but the subscription cost higher. So the most important thing is how fast the response is. I’m on Serverfreak & they response in a few hours, including after office hours too. My experience with Exabytes, took them few days to respond.
Ckmwpy0370
post Feb 5 2018, 01:59 PM

Regular

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Feb 5 2018, 11:22 AM)
There’s also Shinjiru & Serverfreak. Exabytes has a poor reputation here, but it’s been a while already so they might have improved.
I think most company offers email communication as the main source of support. Some offers phone support but the subscription cost higher. So the most important thing is how fast the response is. I’m on Serverfreak & they response in a few hours, including after office hours too. My experience with Exabytes, took them few days to respond.
i ve experienced with Exabytes, the responds to my issue was quite responsive and able to solve my issue
although i was really dislike on email support method.

OliverTwist
post Apr 1 2018, 11:09 PM

Group: Newbie

If you want to build an eCommerce website, I can recommend to use one of the eCommerce website builders. They are easy-to-use and don't require special coding skills. Also they are created specialy for this purpose, so you will be pleased with the result. Hope it helps!

This post has been edited by OliverTwist: Apr 1 2018, 11:10 PM
k8houz
post Apr 11 2018, 12:10 PM

Group: Junior Member

Is the location necessary to be exactly in malaysia? Hosting provider in singapore area is still consider around malaysia area since it's located between east and west malaysia if coordinates is so crucial to you. Even exabytes is hosting their entire easystore platform on aws. Is that not enough to tell you which one is better?

Aws is not the only choice of course (it is not cheap for sme), use digitalocean if you're sme. Others are GCP, azure and etc (ask google). My point here is not telling you not to choose any local service provider but to tell you there are simply world best technology companies around us and their products worth every cent you're paying.

This post has been edited by k8houz: Apr 11 2018, 12:34 PM
musicarvind
post Apr 11 2018, 08:44 PM

i was wondering if some of you wordpress gurus could recommend me a couple good product display extension without a checkout cart!. we have a furniture retail shop and i would like to display products by different kinds of furniture and the prices.
jordan_rudess
post Apr 14 2018, 02:03 AM

Budget?
Timeframe?
Goals of Site?
Pages Needed?
Maybe they can help you? - https://eulerr.com/project/cat/website/ bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif

This post has been edited by jordan_rudess: Apr 17 2018, 01:04 AM
dvlzplayground
post Apr 16 2018, 01:17 AM

Newbie...like, seriously

QUOTE(musicarvind @ Apr 11 2018, 08:44 PM)
i was wondering if some of you wordpress gurus could recommend me a couple good product display extension without a checkout cart!. we have a furniture retail shop and i would like to display products by different kinds of furniture and the prices.
You can use WooCommerce and just remove the cart function.

Examples:

https://www.cloudways.com/blog/how-to-remov...in-woocommerce/

https://hardikmalaviya.wordpress.com/2015/0...view-only-shop/

There might be better articles around on how to do this. I just wanted to share the possibility.
musicarvind
post Apr 16 2018, 11:43 AM

QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Apr 16 2018, 12:17 AM)
You can use WooCommerce and just remove the cart function.

Examples:

https://www.cloudways.com/blog/how-to-remov...in-woocommerce/

https://hardikmalaviya.wordpress.com/2015/0...view-only-shop/

There might be better articles around on how to do this. I just wanted to share the possibility.
thank you. thats exactly what i did. hehe.

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0668sec    0.83    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd April 2018 - 05:06 AM