Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

5SE OR S7 Edge, Dilemma

views

TSasamalikum
post Apr 26 2016, 06:18 PM, updated 8y ago

Regular
1,206 posts

Hi guys, I'm getting myself another line and therefore need an extra phone as well. Am a die hard Apple fan ever since 3GS and Currently using 6S. But I want to give it a try for S7 edge but I'm afraid I will be disappointed as I tried S5 before for two months before getting rid of it for good. Just couldn't handle the lag and slow response. UI doesn't feel as smooth as iOS and the feel is just so toyish.
However s7 edge looks like a total different beast all together and I tried it for a few good minutes on the demo set and quite satisfy with it. I'm worried a prolong usage overtime might prove me wrong.
Both price at over 2500, whilst S7 cost an extra 250, the last time I checked at 11street.
On the other hand 5SE build and performance are second to none, let alone the stable UI. I will not hesitate on 5se if S7 edge is less appealing. Any advice?
geforce88
post Apr 26 2016, 06:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,835 posts

S7 Edge anytime over 5SE in terms of battery life, camera, performance, UI and screen.
GamersFamilia
post Apr 26 2016, 06:22 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

S7
TSasamalikum
post Apr 26 2016, 06:24 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Apr 26 2016, 06:22 PM)
S7
Mind to elaborate further pls
cllee86
post Apr 26 2016, 06:28 PM

On my way
540 posts

QUOTE(asamalikum @ Apr 26 2016, 06:18 PM)
Hi guys, I'm getting myself another line and therefore need an extra phone as well. Am a die hard Apple fan ever since 3GS and Currently using 6S. But I want to give it a try for S7 edge but I'm afraid I will be disappointed as I tried S5 before for two months before getting rid of it for good. Just couldn't handle the lag and slow response. UI doesn't feel as smooth as iOS and the feel is just so toyish.
However s7 edge looks like a total different beast all together and I tried it for a few good minutes on the demo set and quite satisfy with it. I'm worried a prolong usage overtime might prove me wrong.
Both price at over 2500, whilst S7 cost an extra 250, the last time I checked at 11street.
On the other hand 5SE build and performance are second to none, let alone the stable UI. I will not hesitate on 5se if S7 edge is less appealing. Any advice?
Already said you're a die hard Apple fan. I don't understand why are you considering S7.

Quanta
post Apr 26 2016, 06:31 PM

Idiot member
1,398 posts

main kayu tiga this apple die hard
heybai
post Apr 26 2016, 06:32 PM

40 posts

samsung is not the old samsung anymore, but be careful, android is still the old android...(no matter what the fans tell you lol)
FishnChipx
post Apr 26 2016, 06:33 PM

Enthusiast
988 posts

u r not die hard apple fan because you give chance to android !
GamersFamilia
post Apr 26 2016, 06:50 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

fanboy everywhere , lol
TSasamalikum
post Apr 26 2016, 07:02 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

Will appreciate a more constructive comments.
blurkia
post Apr 26 2016, 08:47 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(asamalikum @ Apr 26 2016, 07:02 PM)
Will appreciate a more constructive comments.
well, let me try then.
Anyway, here's my history:
I came from Apple Iphone 4 -> HTC One X -> Samsung S4 -> One Plus One -> Huawei Honor 6 Plus -> ?? (looking at iphone again) blush.gif

First question you need to ask, do you need to operate with one hand? if yes, then se.
Since you're willing to explore Android, then OS shouldn't be an issue. Android today is already quite matured. Die hard fans will keep say Android gives you the flexibility, but when i'd ask them seriosuly, they probably can blurt out one or two reason dry.gif

Anyway, I'd think s7 edge camera performance will be much better ( low light performance ).
And do you need sd card? or perhaps dual sim? then s7 edge

Battery life should be debatable since both are non removable and se review seems to look good in that area too.
Of course s7 edge has things like waterproof and dust proof, bigger screen..

Ultimately, ask yourself. I myself am moved by s7 edge (simply the marketing is also doing a good job, phone design is good, sexy curves, etc..)
, but holding back for iphone 7, i'm coming home to IOS afterall smile.gif

So there you go, my 2 cents.. thanks for reading..
TSasamalikum
post Apr 26 2016, 09:07 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

QUOTE(blurkia @ Apr 26 2016, 08:47 PM)
well, let me try then.
Anyway, here's my history:
I came from Apple Iphone 4 -> HTC One X -> Samsung S4 -> One Plus One -> Huawei Honor 6 Plus ->  ?? (looking at iphone again)  blush.gif

First question you need to ask, do you need to operate with one hand? if yes, then se.
Since you're willing to explore Android, then OS shouldn't be an issue. Android today is already quite matured. Die hard fans will keep say Android gives you the flexibility, but when i'd ask them seriosuly, they probably can blurt out one or two reason  dry.gif

Anyway, I'd think s7 edge camera performance will be much better ( low light performance ).
And do you need sd card? or perhaps dual sim? then s7 edge

Battery life should be debatable since both are non removable and se review seems to look good in that area too.
Of course s7 edge has things like waterproof and dust proof, bigger screen..

Ultimately, ask yourself. I myself am moved by s7 edge (simply the marketing is also doing a good job, phone design is good, sexy curves, etc..)
, but holding back for iphone 7, i'm coming home to IOS afterall  smile.gif

So there you go, my 2 cents.. thanks for reading..
great insight, appreciated it. so you are down to either iphone 7 or S7 right? S7 screen is just stunning. beautiful piece of display, it's difficult to take my eyes off it. and the overall design i would say has greatly improve from the past generations. or maybe i got wear out with the iphone 6&6s design for the past 18 months.
i actually just wanted to try out some funky thing like the edge display. as gimmicky as it sounds, it's still cool biggrin.gif
andrekua2
post Apr 26 2016, 09:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

iOS vs Android...

I can say that if you are using iOS from the beginning, then it would make things simpler. You dont need to pay for the same apps over and over again. Of course the same applied for Android but sometimes they have different version for games due to different soc being used by different manufacturers.

Personally coming from Android, I find iOS take some getting used to. Like when my boss asked to to attach a few pictures to email, I couldn't even find the attach button. Who knows it was hidden inside some of the menu, and I found out that can share>email from gallery. It was much much easier in Android, being able to do it a lot easier.

I loved the games in iOS because they performed better aka better graphic or smoother, most of the time. However I can only accept iPod Touch or iPad because phone wise, I still prefer Samsung for the easier learning curve.
s2000c
post Apr 26 2016, 11:10 PM

Enthusiast
996 posts

try s7 edge no happy change to iphone 7 . play game = ios a bit better , camera = s7 egde a bit better

This post has been edited by s2000c: Apr 26 2016, 11:11 PM
firdausbhari
post Apr 29 2016, 04:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,194 posts

hardware in Samsung is a beast, but TouchWiz is shitty. prefer custom firmware over stock firmware.

ive tried more several android phones...... still prefer iOS.

u wont use the camera everyday right, alot of features in Samsung phone all gimmicks. trust me, u wont use it at all.

need a good camera? just get a dslr or compact lol

This post has been edited by firdausbhari: Apr 29 2016, 04:43 PM
TSasamalikum
post Apr 29 2016, 04:52 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

QUOTE(firdausbhari @ Apr 29 2016, 04:42 PM)
hardware in Samsung is a beast, but TouchWiz is shitty. prefer custom firmware over stock firmware.

ive tried more several android phones...... still prefer iOS.

u wont use the camera everyday right, alot of features in Samsung phone all gimmicks. trust me, u wont use it at all.

need a good camera? just get a dslr or compact lol
So u are sticking with iOS for the time being?
OKLY
post Apr 29 2016, 05:01 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

QUOTE(asamalikum @ Apr 26 2016, 06:18 PM)
If photo quality isn't your main priority, you should give the Huawei (Google) Nexus 6P a try. With TouchWiz, you might experience the similar thing but on the Nexus it is pure Android so its UI will definitely be more responsive than TouchWiz.
firdausbhari
post Apr 29 2016, 05:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,194 posts

QUOTE(asamalikum @ Apr 29 2016, 04:52 PM)
So u are sticking with iOS for the time being?
for now yes..... iOS doesnt need beast specs to make it run faster. its all about software itself.

high end android phones comes with 4gb ram but standby saja dah makan 2gb bangwall.gif

This post has been edited by firdausbhari: Apr 29 2016, 05:24 PM
G-17
post Apr 30 2016, 08:42 PM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

Agree with the last few comments on Samsung's TouchWiz. It's horrible. Personally, I like to call it TouchPiss, because it really feels like you're touching something designed in a toilet. For Android, I usually prefer stock, ie: Nexus devices. Stock Android doesn't feel as bloated, and more importantly, you get quick updates. Obviously, the camera quality for Nexus devices isn't as good as some of the other LG, Sony, Samsung flagships, but the Nexus 6P isn't far behind. Personally speaking, I generally prefer iOS for taking smartphone pictures anyway, mainly because the image editing app selection on iOS is so much better. For more serious photography, I have a dedicated camera.

This post has been edited by G-17: May 2 2016, 10:48 PM
Jason
post May 2 2016, 03:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

You will be using 2 phones? As you already own the iPhone 6S, definitely get the S7 Edge.

The battery on the iPhone 6S is horrid (I had a 6, using a 6S+ now), and the S7 Edge would be better. The SE would be worst. Frankly speaking, as a flagship of Samsung, sure, the OS is different and the Touchwiz suck balls, but from a materials standpoint, build quality, it is good. OS is just different, you either love it or hate it.

I would take the S7 Edge based on the fact that its powerful, battery life is better, built well. And I can have both iOS & Android. I can use the pros & cons of each, neither is perfect. I personally prefer iOS due to the stability. And I can use Android doing this like copying/downloading/attaching files on email.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:02 PM