Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Home Gym, Wanna start gym at home - starter packs

views

TSkerm
post Apr 26 2016, 06:51 AM, updated 8y ago

14 posts

Hi All

I'm thinking of starting a home gym. What are the essential equipment needed and where to get them?

matdin07
post Apr 26 2016, 07:37 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

kettlebell
Cotton Diesel
post Apr 26 2016, 07:44 AM

Casual
428 posts

same question here. where is the easiest place to buy or order home gym equipment?
Degel
post Apr 26 2016, 04:31 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

As simple as 123

1.Olympic Barbell
2.Weight Plates
3.Squat rack

ah_suknat
post Apr 27 2016, 07:28 AM

whoooooooooooooop
5,170 posts

QUOTE(Degel @ Apr 26 2016, 08:31 AM)
As simple as 123

1.Olympic Barbell
2.Weight Plates
3.Squat rack
4. A bench

DrBarbarian
post Apr 27 2016, 10:02 AM

Darren's Daddy
869 posts

a pull up bar
Vishapnda
post Apr 27 2016, 11:38 PM

29 posts

1) First you need a good compound routine that you gonna do if you want to gain weight.
A very classic and best compound routine works for all and even worked for me to gain weight is:

3 day full body workout consists of bb bench press, bb rows, squat, deadlift, overhead press.

2)Secondly, you need the king of equipment which is power cage or squat rack which is expensive and very hard to buy in malaysia.
There is a cheap one u can find and its rm1300. I know the price cause i went there and asked.

find in this website -> http://www.transmark.com.my/index.php?opti...-ifhc&Itemid=23

I myself have gone through numerous threads and online stores and even made lot of calls but i cant get a good rack unless it is fcking expensive. So i went to metal shop near my house. I made my own design of squat rack and asked him to do. He quoted price below 1k. And the metal i asked to make is fcking thick not the one usually used for gym equipments. You can find my post about it.

You need squat rack for bench press and for squatting. Plus they have safety pins one the side to help you from getting fcked by the weight if you let them down.

3)The next equipment is a bench either flat or adjustable. I recommend getting a adjustable one.

4)You need a barbell and some weights. I recommend you getting olympic types. You can find cheap and good supplier in this thread itself.

5) You need floor padding that u can get from fitness concept to protect your floor in case if your dropped the weights.

On a side note, if you serious about making gains and wants to be a serious lifter you can invest in this. But u are just a guy who lift for pass time then go to gym. This is cause it will take alot place and you need good air ventilation place to make you workout comfortable. Good luck.

Plus i have enquired hammer strength for their power rack and they stated it is rm10k. If you are rich you can get that cause its worth the investment just if you are a serious lifter. smile.gif

knuckles04
post Apr 28 2016, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

Fortunately for you, I work in the distributor of Life Fitness company. I can help quote you, given the budget of course.

TSkerm
post Apr 28 2016, 03:52 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(Vishapnda @ Apr 27 2016, 11:38 PM)
1) First you need a good compound routine that you gonna do if you want to gain weight.
A very classic and  best compound routine works for all and even worked for me  to gain weight is:

3 day full body workout consists of  bb bench press, bb rows, squat, deadlift, overhead press.

2)Secondly, you need the king of equipment which is power cage or squat rack which is expensive and very hard to buy in malaysia.
There is a cheap one u can find and its  rm1300. I know the price cause i went there and asked.

find in this website -> http://www.transmark.com.my/index.php?opti...-ifhc&Itemid=23

I myself have gone through numerous  threads and online stores and even  made  lot of calls but i cant get a good  rack unless it is fcking expensive. So i went to  metal shop near my house. I made my own design of squat rack and asked him to do. He quoted price  below 1k. And the metal i asked to make is fcking thick not the one  usually  used for gym equipments. You can find my post about it.

You need squat rack for bench press and for squatting. Plus  they have safety pins one the side to help you from getting fcked by the weight if you let them down.

3)The next equipment is a bench either flat or adjustable. I recommend getting a adjustable one.

4)You need a barbell  and some weights. I recommend you getting olympic types. You can find cheap and good supplier in this thread itself.

5) You need floor padding that u can get from fitness concept to protect your floor in case if your dropped the weights.

On a side note, if you serious about making gains and wants to be a serious lifter you can invest in this. But u are just a  guy who lift for pass time then go to gym. This is cause it will take alot place and you need good air ventilation place to make you workout comfortable.  Good luck.
Plus i have enquired hammer strength for their power rack and they stated it is rm10k. If you are rich you can get that cause its worth the investment just if you are a serious lifter. smile.gif
Thanks for the feedback thumbsup.gif
my gym membership almost expired. Planning to continue at home but after looking at the equipments price sighhh

thinking of joining the pay-as-you-use gym. any recommendation around KL?

Vishapnda
post Apr 30 2016, 02:30 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(kerm @ Apr 28 2016, 03:52 PM)
Thanks for the feedback  thumbsup.gif
my gym membership almost expired. Planning to continue at home but after looking at the equipments price sighhh

thinking of joining the pay-as-you-use gym. any recommendation around KL?
sorry man im from kedah sad.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.92    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:22 PM