Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Engagement/proposal ring advice, /k/tards please give suggestions Chat

views

lil_piggy2
post Apr 19 2016, 02:30 PM

17 posts

TS... and all you potential grooms... Please do not spend unnecessarily. I find all women have this fake fantasy about their marriage proposal needing to be perfect with the perfect size ring... unless you have been using money to get your girl... I think proposal is the perfect test of whether the girl is right for you on the long term. I am not saying dun indulge... If you have the means for it... by all means go for the expensive rock... but if you are smart, your funds should be placed towards building a future together and not incur so much debt and expenses even before getting married... and when you all get married the debt will put a heavy tol on your relationship. If she is so willing to forego marrying you over a silly rock that does not even hold its value over time.. then it is better to let her go... My 2 cents for all you youngsters... I have gone thru all the hoos-haas of marriage and proposal... and I can say that many people at that point of time cannot think past the wedding event... your real problems starts after saying I do... so best is not add more potential problems till then...
lil_piggy2
post Apr 19 2016, 02:33 PM

17 posts

PS. For my own proposal... I proposed with a RM500 ring... with a diamond so Tiny.. u probably gotta look really close to see it. If she had made a fuss and said no... I would have moved on to the next girl already... fortunately... my wife was still enthusiastic about marrying me (although she was criticised by relatives for accepting such a pathetic ring).. we still married today and have together placed most of our funds on building ourselves.
lil_piggy2
post Apr 19 2016, 03:16 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(bb100 @ Apr 19 2016, 03:08 PM)
When you two look back after a few years of getting married, are you able to happily recall the day which you got down on your knees and pop the 4-word question?

My girlfie's circle of friends more or less have you that kinda mindset.

After a few years of marriage, the wife confessed to my girlfie: How I wished my husband gave me a proper marriage proposal with flowers, a diamond ring and such, like those in fairytales.

Of course lahh she did not tell her husband lohh.

So you see?

Why want your future wife to have that kind of regret in life?
Yes, all girls definitely want their fantasy proposal.. but do it at a cost within your means... I have seen too many unreasonable girlfriends demanding more than what the groom should do... I am not saying to do the same thing as me... I am asking to consider your budget first and work around it only. My example of the Rm500 ring was to show, if the girl loves you enough and shares a common understanding and goal with you enough, the actions and thought is more than enough. Of cos, if you are driving a Porsche and live in big bungalow houses with 6-7 figure salary.. dun go getting a RM500 ring lar... embarrass yourself only...

Another thing... of cos, I did not rely on only a RM500 ring to proposed lar... there was an elaborated effort to surprise her and all, but all within a limited budget. I did not splurge on her and I still do not until today.
lil_piggy2
post Apr 19 2016, 04:02 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(bb100 @ Apr 19 2016, 03:28 PM)
OK let me make one thing clear bro.

She did not demand that I need to have at least how big a diamond to propose or how grand a proposal.

It is all my idea cuz she deserves it after waiting for me for nearly 10 years.

I go for that size and price cuz it's within my budget after considering that we won't be having any wedding reception and photoshoot.

She was the one who suggested that we go for wedding vacation and be our own photographer.
Good for your bro... If she did not demand from you but you are all well and willing while still within your means then it is a perfect fit... smile.gif

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.25    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:38 PM