Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Campfire Audio Fan Club, User experience come in.

views

SUSkimsim
post Apr 16 2016, 02:11 PM, updated 8y ago

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Welcome to Campfire Audio Fan Club
Jupiter, Lyra, Orion (Added : Andromeda & Nova)
Official website : http://www.campfireaudio.com & http://www.aloaudio.com
Anyway Jupiter soundstage was very impressived.

Introduce next level of Andromeda & Nova
Following the success of the award winning Campfire Audio Jupiter quad balanced armature in ear monitor and the single driver Orion IEM, Campfire Audio is happy to announce the final development and preview pre release of the 2 totally new in ear monitor models at this years Axpona show in Chicago, and then 10 days later at the fujiya avic headphone festival, The Campfire Audio Nova and Campfire Audio Andromeda.

The Nova builds off the Orion model by refining and expanding on the foundation of the Orion. With its dual full range driver complement it delivers a full rich audiophile loving sound that leaves no portion of the frequency response un touched.

The Andromeda is Campfire Audios flag ship product, building upon the successes of Jupiter and further pushing the envelope of possibilities of the Jupiter, the Andromeda takes your listening pleasure to the next level. Enhanced mid rage and refined bass grip makes the Andromeda a truly out of this world listening experience!

Both new models come with custom made PVD silver machined watch screws and 100% CNC billet aluminum shells. The Nova and Andromeda shells now have chemically etched surface treatment then are bright dip anodized, emerald green (Andromeda) and gunmetal grey (Nova).

Both new offerings from Campfire Audio come with Campfire Audio's new litz wire IEM cable. This new IEM cable is a superior grade cable that rivals any "upgrade" IEM cable. Designed for both advanced ergonomics and sonic abilities this new cable delivers unparalleled sound right out of the box.

Andromeda and Nova are proudly built in the great state of Oregon US of A.
Campfire audio Nova $499 and Andromeda $1099

More information will be posted here momentarily, specification, pre sale specials and more

Source
But still not officially announcement yet, should be wait sometimes in S'pore available at Connect-IT.
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

Current line-up
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

SUSkimsim
post Apr 16 2016, 02:36 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Actual look on Jupiter
user posted image

ALO SXC24 indeed
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by kimsim: Apr 17 2016, 09:21 AM
SUSkimsim
post Apr 16 2016, 02:46 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Lol new leather pouch coffee colour, like old school man feel
user posted image

This post has been edited by kimsim: Apr 16 2016, 05:30 PM
SUSkimsim
post Apr 23 2016, 05:38 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

New photo added smile.gif
user posted image
SUSkimsim
post Apr 26 2016, 06:56 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Just arrived in ConnectIT
he he hope they have available for audition unit as well
user posted image
SUSkimsim
post Apr 27 2016, 04:06 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Finally placed my ordered for Andromeda from ConnectIT can't wait it arrive by Coming on May smile.gif

Once it arrive and will update via my Jupiter side by side for comparison smile.gif
SUSkimsim
post May 17 2016, 08:31 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Today have my Jupiter for over a months still with me now.

user posted image

​My source:
Apple iPod touch 6th Gen with iAudioGate.
Listened:
Coldplay Ghost Stories, Ellie Goulding Army, Linying - Alpine,Sticky Leaves

CAMPFIRE JUPITER
Campfire Audio Jupiter.
One of my impression, the tunes like very unique and clean, separate image with upper mids and sweet trebles with extension bass.
Jupiter has a wide sound stage, also do very fine of musics detailed, there was incredible even micro layers of guitar, drum, piano, jazz, rock, female vocals would be do the best presentation.
Jupiter built like a tank of the aluminum housing and well made quality with handcrafted in Portland, Oregon USA.
Comes with leather pouch and 2.5mm Balanced cable for Jupiter only.
Nowadays even China made quality would be selling much higher than these, for me worth this, cause no longer you can have it from the USA earphones and starter price as below $600 SGD.
Such as 4 BAs drivers like Shure SE846 made from China already, if compare to CA IEMs of the built quality, from CAs is the winner, no worried like shell cracked on some portion.
I'll don't think others brand IEMs can do the same thing, once you get the Jupiter for sure would be fall in love with their unique sounds.
​Price : USD $899 Campfire Audio official website or Connect-IT.com.sg

SPECIFICATION
Frequency Response 10Hz-28kHz
Impedance @1K 35 ohm
Sensitivity @ 1K 114dB SPL/mW
Detachable cable for MMCX connector

JUPITER BINDLE WITH
Jupiter comes with extra 2.5mm balanced cable,
also well made leather pouch, i love that, even my wife she didnt knew, cause I've never take out from box.
Comes with 3 pairs of total 9 pieces eartips as well, especially comply foam.

user posted image

user posted image

CABLES AND HOUSING SHELLS DESIGN & IMPROVEMENT
Hopefully Campfire Audio can be resolving the sharper edges of design.
try to do with soften the internal edges of housing, would be solved the problem.
Actually the Tinsal cable come with soften memory wires, if they can do it harder can be resolved that bended shaped of ears to be increased that holding position as well.
​From the cable length was 1.4m long, ins't common cable length, if they can do with standard as 1.2m should be fine to me.

user posted image

user posted image

​IMPROVEMENT FOR ALO AUDIO SXC 24 MMCX CABLE
How to tells that single ended cable can be improve the sounds quality an over the original stock Tinsal cable.
For myself can't really believed that after tried with SXC24 after markets cable can be so much better than stock cable, how does the different, would be the feeling of sparkle and increased colorful of brighter musicals also enhance bass and detailed as well.
Once you get this try, for sure you will love it so much.

SOME COMPARISION
Jupiter to Shure SE846, RHA T20i, UM Merlin, JH Angie
846 has better balanced of overall sounds, but slightly lack of bass, from Jupiter has better detail and bass as well, my answer for only your ears will tells you.
If compare to RHA T20i has impact solid bass, but does not do sweet with mids and treble and less sparkler of T20, If compare with UM Merlin for sure i will pick up from Merlin there is another sound signature, the overall tunes are well bassy punchy for hybrid IEMs, but not WOW me.
JH Angie sound was good, but make do with Amp, my iPhone 6s can't drive up these, plug in Mojo should be fine, but found this lack of bass, can't even have a nice and sweet vocals, but Angie will do like warmer and smooth soundstage, Angie is not my favor too.
How bout the Andromeda? there is come from another planet, but myself quite excited for awaiting on hand.

Have minor input for CA Orion
I have tried with Orion the sound quite awesome, not even a single BA, but that output does not seem lack than 2 to 3 BAs for compare as others IEM, from the Orion do lesser sparkle energy than Jupiter only, but you would realized the sound quite similar to Jupiter.
The housing shell all are same of CAs IEM, maybe just the black colour are the looks slightly smaller than the rest.
​MY CONCLUSION

I was guess most of the sounds are the objective and due to personal reference.
​Jupiter sounds are the superb, nothing to be unsatisfied at all, actually what you needed.
Clean, sweet treble with better mids and fine detailed, all in 1 with 4 BAs drivers, Jupiter can do all.
I love that sound signature from Jupiter, each songs has amount of detailed, to be outcome all my songs are very enjoyabled, like a studio hall.
The overall factor = WOW tongue.gif

Added : CA IEMs not require for any Amp such as powerful amp, from my iPhone 6s, iPod Touch both are works very well performing.

This post has been edited by kimsim: May 24 2016, 03:31 PM
Senrose
post May 17 2016, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

wow it looks extremly good in picture. Is this product available in Malaysia for audition?

This post has been edited by Senrose: May 17 2016, 03:22 PM
SUSkimsim
post May 17 2016, 03:34 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(Senrose @ May 17 2016, 03:22 PM)
wow it looks extremly good in picture. Is this product available in Malaysia for audition?
Can looking for ezekiel_77

He can advice you, where has the offering in m'sia

yang2910
post May 18 2016, 12:47 AM

Audiophilic Member
785 posts

QUOTE(Senrose @ May 17 2016, 03:22 PM)
Yes. It's really a very well built IEM. And it's sound signature also hits my sweet spots. Well tuned. I auditioned Jupiter and Orion at Jaya one Amplified Headphone Store while Lyra at E1 Personal Sg Wang. Can pay them a visit or call them to check if the demo is in the shop or not biggrin.gif
ezekiel_77
post May 18 2016, 02:56 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
848 posts

QUOTE(yang2910 @ May 18 2016, 12:47 AM)
Yes. It's really a very well built IEM. And it's sound signature also hits my sweet spots. Well tuned. I auditioned Jupiter and Orion at Jaya one Amplified Headphone Store while Lyra at E1 Personal Sg Wang. Can pay them a visit or call them to check if the demo is in the shop or not biggrin.gif
No wonder E1 only had Lyra, the other two are hiding elsewhere!
Have you by chance seen/heard the Andromeda anywhere?
Lai lai lai, lelong lelong, I'm selling my Jupiter here.
yang2910
post May 18 2016, 06:56 PM

Audiophilic Member
785 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ May 18 2016, 02:56 PM)
No wonder E1 only had Lyra, the other two are hiding elsewhere!
Have you by chance seen/heard the Andromeda anywhere?
Lai lai lai, lelong lelong, I'm selling my Jupiter here.
Hahaha... Nope. I hope to have a listen to this TOTL too.
Will get ur Jupiter after selling off my modded Ak100. If it's still there. tongue.gif
Problem
post May 19 2016, 11:59 PM

On my way
605 posts

Tried the Andromeda from a fellow friend (Jelt2359 from HF) and to say the least it's not something I expected from it, something about the high frequencies being more pronounced than it should.
SUSkimsim
post May 20 2016, 03:02 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

I hope it be true for andromeda big bro.
Sound change or not much change, so wanna wait till end month from now on.

So far my Jupiter still impressed me now, due to that amount of detailed, also deeply in soundstage.

Especially listening Coldplay ghost stories ablum was prefect man

I am really love it so much smile.gif
E1 - AKG
post May 20 2016, 06:12 AM

Your personal audio store!
6,439 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ May 20 2016, 03:02 AM)
I hope it be true for andromeda big bro.
Sound change or not much change, so wanna wait till end month from now on.

So far my Jupiter still impressed me now, due to that amount of detailed, also deeply in soundstage.

Especially listening Coldplay ghost stories ablum was prefect man

I am really love it so much smile.gif
there is a price revision on the Andromeda ... from SGD1449 to 1599 blush.gif
SUSkimsim
post May 20 2016, 06:40 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ May 20 2016, 06:12 AM)
there is a price revision on the Andromeda ... from SGD1449 to 1599  blush.gif
Yeap, they did, would be after 27th may, cause they still doing offering like a massdrop and limited for xxx.

From the original price $1449 to $1549, just got news by yesterday smile.gif
SUSkimsim
post May 20 2016, 06:06 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ May 20 2016, 06:12 AM)
there is a price revision on the Andromeda ... from SGD1449 to 1599  blush.gif
You meant for this?
https://www.facebook.com/sg.connect.it/post...007440382674193
E1 - AKG
post May 22 2016, 12:24 AM

Your personal audio store!
6,439 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ May 20 2016, 06:06 PM)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.9...55008866&type=3
SUSkimsim
post May 22 2016, 04:25 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ May 22 2016, 12:24 AM)
Wow your place can order it as well smile.gif
That is good..
SUSkimsim
post Jun 17 2016, 10:29 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Here is some of internal message.

I wanted to take a moment to give you a more comprehensive updated of where we are at with our production for Campfire Audio.

Currently it looks like it will be another 4-5 weeks for the Andromeda and a similar 4 weeks for the Nova.

Here are the following reasons for this delay.

1. We have changed the design of the earphone shell to remove the sharp angles of the interior corners and to increase the interior volume of the shell to accommodate faster builds. It will take time to produce these new shells in volume.

2. We have changed the screws that are on the outside of the earphones to a new screw with a bevelled head to avoid any sharp corners or overhang on the new shell design. We expect to see these new screws in about 2 weeks.

3. Potentially we will be changing our anodizing house which will have a different final finish to the earphones, although generally very similar. The potential impact of this is not factored into this production estimate.

4. Due to points 1, 2 and 3 we will need to re-photograph the earphones and re-print the packaging stickers and manuals. This will take about 1 week to produce.

This primarily affects the Andromeda. We will do our best to keep all earphones in a particular shipment consistent.

All of the earphones will have packaging to match the new shells and screws as soon as they are available.

While all of this is not great news for anyone, there are some upsides to these.

1. Faster assembly in the future due to the introduction of the interior boot.

2. Reduced defects and improved serviceability of earphones due to the assembly changes.

3. Improved customer comfort because of reduced shell corners angles.

4. Better lid + body match and tighter part tolerances, ie improved build aesthetic due to new shell design.

I hope this helps you to understand where we are at in this process.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, comments and I will be happy to help.

We will also be doing our best to reduce these timelines however we can.

Thank you for your patience smile.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:49 AM