Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Questions from a nintendo 3ds noob, mostly about online & diff region models

views

TSFrothBite96
post Apr 16 2016, 04:34 AM, updated 8y ago

8 posts

So me and a couple of my friends are interested in buying the new Nintendo 3ds xl for MonHun Gen, but both of them are situated in Brunei right now. I've read the FAQ but some stuff i'm not too clear on...

1. From what I understand NA and Asian models are practically similar, only they come with different adapters and the Asian model is cheaper. This correct? Why the Asian one cheaper? Which is more widely sold?
2. Will I be able to play with my friends online when they're in Brunei? Has anyone tried this out? Any sort of problems encountered?
3. Also will we be able to play together if we have different models although playing the same version of game? (I.e one has NA model while the other has Asian model both playing NA version of game)

Sorry if some of these are dumb questions, just wanna confirm can actually play with friends before sinking RM1200+ on this...
thanks in advance the help and guidance
Pr1me_Minister
post Apr 16 2016, 07:52 AM

Casual
Group Icon
Staff
314 posts

1. It's cheaper because you. don't have to import all the way from USA. Asian units comes directly from local distributors.

2. Unless either of you or your friend have bad internet connection you should have no problem with online multiplayer.

3. Asian 3DS are basically the same as NA 3DS with different labeling and adapter. It won't affect online multiplayer compatibility whatsoever. I don't remember any region lock for online MP other than Fire Emblem Fates.

1200+ for a 3DS!? How many stuffs are you going to get along with the handheld itself? Or is it a special edition 3DS you're getting? biggrin.gif
TSFrothBite96
post Apr 16 2016, 01:25 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(Pr1me_Minister @ Apr 16 2016, 07:52 AM)
1. It's cheaper because you. don't have to import all the way from USA. Asian units comes directly from local distributors.

2. Unless either of you or your friend have bad internet connection you should have no problem with online multiplayer.

3. Asian 3DS are basically the same as NA 3DS with different labeling and adapter. It won't affect online multiplayer compatibility whatsoever. I don't remember any region lock for online MP other than Fire Emblem Fates.

1200+ for a 3DS!? How many stuffs are you going to get along with the handheld itself? Or is it a special edition 3DS you're getting? biggrin.gif
Thanks for the help! Rm1200+ is just a rough estimate, considering i'd be also be buying a game and an accessory or two. If they'd release a MonHun Gen special edition 3ds then I wouldn't mind bumping my budget up biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:14 PM