Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Window 7 Product Key, Reuse Windows 7 Product key

views

TSJK94
post Apr 15 2016, 12:02 AM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
71 posts

Now i am using windows 7 professional 64 bit with product key for my desktop. is it the product key is able to reuse if i format and reinstall the same windows 7 professional 64bit?
TruboXL
post Apr 15 2016, 01:08 AM

Over 900 useless posts
984 posts

is this product key came preinstalled with your Windows 7 on your computer or you bought this separately?
Kayo
post Apr 15 2016, 02:12 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(JK94 @ Apr 15 2016, 12:02 AM)
Now i am using windows 7 professional 64 bit with product key for my desktop. is it the product key is able to reuse if i format and reinstall the same windows 7 professional 64bit?
yes and even if the product key cannot use, you also can activate your window without it console.gif

This post has been edited by Kayo: Apr 15 2016, 07:15 PM
TSJK94
post Apr 15 2016, 01:07 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(TruboXL @ Apr 15 2016, 01:08 AM)
is this product key came preinstalled with your Windows 7 on your computer or you bought this separately?
the product key is preinstalled with windows 7 professional.
TSJK94
post Apr 15 2016, 01:09 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

I have search Google about this solution. Some people said it can deactivate product key and then activate it back by using command prompt typing a few word. But i don't know the procedure for doing it.

This post has been edited by JK94: Apr 15 2016, 01:10 PM
netmatrix
post Apr 15 2016, 01:52 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(JK94 @ Apr 15 2016, 01:09 PM)
I have search Google about this solution. Some people said it can deactivate product key and then activate it back by using command prompt typing a few word. But i don't know the procedure for doing it.
Yes you can invoke manual deletion of product key and reinsertion manually. Here are some guides.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...61-8ef6a62b9a1d

If you do not have product key number in sticker format, but you confirm it is original, then use some software like Productkey viewer to save the keys first.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Then you can remove the old keys and reenter them later. Useful if you are repairing PC or simply just selling the PC off without original license that the new owner can reinsert later with a new product key.
chickenessence
post May 7 2016, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Apr 15 2016, 01:52 PM)
Yes you can invoke manual deletion of product key and reinsertion manually. Here are some guides.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...61-8ef6a62b9a1d

If you do not have product key number in sticker format, but you confirm it is original, then use some software like Productkey viewer to save the keys first.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Then you can remove the old keys and reenter them later. Useful if you are repairing PC or simply just selling the PC off without original license that the new owner can reinsert later with a new product key.
I am confused with the first link.
However the 2nd link seems useful, but yet to try out.

Actually i am thinking of formatting my window 7. So have the worry like Microsoft Window and Microsoft Office product key are missing and have to use a pirated version.
Or is there any other solution than formatting. I remember i asked some pc / laptop selling shop that the sales person says now they dont do formatting anymore. They simply just use recovery system.
How can that be done?

Thank you.
CyrusWong
post May 7 2016, 03:03 PM

Regular
1,626 posts

can.

just use the offline activation if online activation failed.
netmatrix
post May 7 2016, 04:21 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(chickenessence @ May 7 2016, 03:01 PM)
I am confused with the first link.
However the 2nd link seems useful, but yet to try out.

Actually i am thinking of formatting my window 7. So have the worry like Microsoft Window and Microsoft Office product key are missing and have to use a pirated version.
Or is there any other solution than formatting. I remember i asked some pc / laptop selling shop that the sales person says now they dont do formatting anymore. They simply just use recovery system.
How can that be done?

Thank you.
Product Key viewer will let you view and save windows & office product keys.

Built in recovery is only valid for Windows 8 above. Windows 7 does not have this feature unless its 3rd party installed. For windows 7, you can only download windows ISO then mount to USB drive, format & reinstall windows.
chickenessence
post May 8 2016, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ May 7 2016, 04:21 PM)
Product Key viewer will let you view and save windows & office product keys.

Built in recovery is only valid for Windows 8 above. Windows 7 does not have this feature unless its 3rd party installed. For windows 7, you can only download windows ISO  then mount to USB drive, format & reinstall windows.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
will google more details in this. smile.gif

amitycox
post May 10 2016, 11:25 PM

~PeAcE Of SoUL~
515 posts

QUOTE(JK94 @ Apr 15 2016, 12:02 AM)
Should be no problem if the product key is preinstalled with w7 since you bought it i think...
hmm.gif icon_rolleyes.gif hmm.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:10 PM