Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My Loft - Reno Journal, The Story Begins.

views

TSXccess
post Nov 24 2020, 01:29 AM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(nanopico @ Apr 3 2017, 06:07 PM)
Hi Xcess, is your track light still working well after 2 years? The track itself you bought from taobao or China? I assume the regular contactor should know how to install the track light?
Pardon this dated reply. The track lights that I'm using, all still working, in total all 16 of them. Still going strong.
TSXccess
post Nov 24 2020, 01:36 AM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(irontroll @ Apr 10 2019, 05:39 PM)
Hi xccess, what is ur dining table dimension? looks huge
Pls forgive me for my late response. The table is 7ft by 34 inches (close to 4 ft), height is 30 inches.
tky1993
post May 22 2021, 10:21 AM

On my way
544 posts

The T bar you custom made yourself?
TSXccess
post May 22 2021, 02:17 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(tky1993 @ May 22 2021, 10:21 AM)
The T bar you custom made yourself?
Yes, custom done by contractor. I'm using it as pull up bar.
Pugface
post Nov 7 2021, 03:08 AM

On my way
515 posts

Hi bro Xccess sorry to revived ur old thread.

Ive been doing alot of research on getting cement/concrete wall.

Suzuka to pioneer process to tiles, you name it. However, what i was so happy to discover is ur method of removing paint to expose the concrete slabs.

I cant wait for my developer to complete the rectification so i can check of behind my paint, is it indeed concrete slab panels too.

Just wondering, i noticed you find out out good old scrapping method. Does that mean your contractor find a corner and started scrapping to check? Any advice how to find that out with minimum scrapping bcos just in case its not, i can minimize the damage haha.

Any chance they used chemical to help with the process?

Tq in advance. Ur info and journey has been most helpful!
ceo684
post Nov 7 2021, 01:58 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(Pugface @ Nov 7 2021, 03:08 AM)

Suzuka to pioneer process to tiles, you name it. However, what i was so happy to discover is ur method of removing paint to expose the concrete slabs.

I cant wait for my developer to complete the rectification so i can check of behind my paint, is it indeed concrete slab panels too.

Just wondering, i noticed you find out out good old scrapping method. Does that mean your contractor find a corner and started scrapping to check? Any advice how to find that out with minimum scrapping bcos just in case its not, i can minimize the damage haha.

Usually for new project you can tell from the skeleton pics during construction phase if your walls are poured concrete..and dev will mention in plans that is a structural wall cannot hack off.

Interior non load bearing walls some will use big size AAC lightweight concrete blocks. These are roughly the size of two car batteries. Save on labour since assembling 100 blocks is faster than laying 600 small bricks roughly the size of a phone box.
TSXccess
post Nov 7 2021, 04:17 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(Pugface @ Nov 7 2021, 03:08 AM)

Hi, you can get your contractor to remove the paint and skim coat to reveal if it's concrete slab. Just start at small portion of the wall. If he don't understand, u can show him my photo.

For removal, they have to chip away manually. Can't use chemical. Do note, cement concrete will gives off cement dust thus u need to seal it with waterproofing. I have 3 coats of waterproofing (susu).

Pugface
post Nov 7 2021, 09:22 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Nov 7 2021, 01:58 PM)
Usually for new project you can tell from the skeleton pics during construction phase if your walls are poured concrete..and dev will mention in plans that is a structural wall cannot hack off.

Interior non load bearing walls some will use big size AAC lightweight concrete blocks. These are roughly the size of two car batteries. Save on labour since assembling 100 blocks is faster than laying 600 small bricks roughly the size of a phone box.
Haha unfortunately for my case, i bought an unsold unit. Its already completed 1 year by the time i discovered it. But thanks for the very useful info!

QUOTE(Xccess @ Nov 7 2021, 04:17 PM)
Hi, you can get your contractor to remove the paint and skim coat to reveal if it's concrete slab. Just start at small portion of the wall. If he don't understand, u can show him my photo.

For removal, they have to chip away manually. Can't use chemical. Do note, cement concrete will gives off cement dust thus u need to seal it with waterproofing. I have 3 coats of waterproofing (susu).
Yup i scrolled through all ur threads to learnt that. Thank you so much!
Reaso. Why i ask what method ur contractor uses bcos i tot manual labour, i might wanna kaki lai. Save up abit and spend on other things for the house. Not sure if too ambitious haha
KLKN_Views
post Nov 10 2021, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

this is a damn good idea. i was thinking of getting cement link paint. but it cost a bomb. i shall consider this. rclxms.gif thanks of the tips sifuu.

Pugface
post Nov 11 2021, 10:54 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(KLKN_Views @ Nov 10 2021, 01:54 PM)
this is a damn good idea. i was thinking of getting cement link paint. but it cost a bomb. i shall consider this.  rclxms.gif thanks of the tips sifuu.
Ya man the cost is seriously no joke.
I will give the wall a scrapping of paint and coat by myself to try see is it concrete. If no then GG haha
Pugface
post Nov 11 2021, 11:02 PM

On my way
515 posts

Boss the susu is like these kah

https://shopee.com.my/product/253449597/794...93-1636642914.9
TSXccess
post Jan 7 2022, 01:06 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(Pugface @ Nov 11 2021, 11:02 PM)
Hi Sorry, pardon my late reply due to renovation & biz of my F&B outlet. As the reno took place several years ago, I can't really tell if this is the right product but I think it's similar to what you had posted. If there's any doubt, you can check with your contractor.

14 Pages « < 12 13 14Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:05 PM