Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The very unlucky peugeot user., Pity of him

views

Beach_Boy
post Jul 20 2018, 10:12 PM

:D
8,453 posts

QUOTE(cfa28 @ Jul 19 2018, 01:27 PM)
Speaking to friends who own conti vs japanese.. The feeling you get when you cruise at speeds above 160 km/h or even up to 200 km/h are very different.

Conti give more solid feel and the biggest difference can be felt by just opening and closing the door
uhh, that's no longer the case, japanese are catching up, last time people buy conti for the high speed cruising stability and the 'conti feel' in a corner
give the newer mazda/honda a try, you'll find out that they're not as far behind as you thought it is now (i have a VW and Ford, both are actually rather reliable as none of those left me stranded before apart from a flat battery, they dont show me funny warning signs too laugh.gif )

the only selling point now is the futuristic interior design (think new pugs) that will still lure people over

btw, the new 508 is stunning drool.gif
eunisewong
post Oct 12 2018, 05:59 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(HappyMonday @ Apr 8 2016, 02:21 PM)
You know I second to your frustration.

My car is also a 2010, Peugeot 308. Fell inlove with the design. But of late the appearance of "depollution system faulty" worries me. According to my mechanic, it is the fault of the TURBO and that there is two cost to is. One would cost about rm2k+ and if the whole turbo spoil, it is now at rm7k.

Just two weeks ago, I have to change the aircond compressor which cost me a few thousand.

PEUGEOT, what is wrong with your QC. The car design is lovely but... seriously. What else can we do.
How much exactly to fix the aircond? My pug no aircond currently and needed to replace either cooling-coil or compressor,..estimate damage 3-4k wondering if this price is standard.
Boy96
post Oct 12 2018, 09:41 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

QUOTE(eunisewong @ Oct 12 2018, 05:59 PM)
How much exactly to fix the aircond? My pug no aircond currently and needed to replace either cooling-coil or compressor,..estimate damage 3-4k wondering if this price is standard.
Cooling coil under recall, please visit SC
ciahcra
post Oct 13 2018, 11:36 AM

Always hungry
897 posts

QUOTE(eunisewong @ Oct 12 2018, 05:59 PM)
I fixed it FOC. Go to SC and check if there is recall on your car.
Gyman75 P
post Jun 6 2020, 05:09 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(kurique @ Apr 7 2016, 08:38 PM)
Dear Peugeot & PEUGEOT MALAYSIA ,

I am writing you this to tell how disappointed I am with your car.

I bought a lovely 1.6L Peugeot 308 in 2010 for my mom. It was a very nice and sleek car to drive.

Until the ‘depollution system faulty’ signal appeared for the first time after 6 months of usage. Every time I sent the car for inspection or for servicing, I kept being told that it is normal and not to worry. When I mentioned to the mechanic that the driver was my mother, I was surprised to hear from them “ohh no wonder, this is a turbo car, you can’t drive slow. You have to drive fast so that the carbon didn’t accumulate”. I didn’t buy a car that is intended for the F1 circuit and for daily use with traffics everywhere, how “fast” is possible anyway? Can you please explain or clarify that statement by your mechanic at your authorized Peugeot service centre? Are they trying to tell me that the Peugeot 308 is not suitable to be driven at NORMAL speed?

In 2014, I took it for servicing and repair at the Peugeot centre in Jelutong, Penang as my car was underpowered, I suspected something to do with the engine. When the car was under warranty the service centre keep telling me that everything was fine and there were no faults found with the car or the engine. But right after the warranty expired, they then told me that the turbo valves need to be replaced and it was just going to cost me just over RM2,000. After agreeing to that, there was a whole lot more that the service centre told me to replaced; the pump and then this one leaking, and then that one leaking. After about a week at the service I was told that the TURBO SYSTEM had to be replaced and the total bill was RM12,069!!

To add insult to the injury we were given a discount of RM5.11 as Hari Raya promotion. That is less than 1% discount. I don’t even know such amount for discount existed. And Hari Raya promotion some more? Really that cheapskate?

On top of that disgrace of a “discount”, after servicing my car for 2 weeks, I have to wait for nearly 2 hours before they can release my car, that is after they called to tell me that the car was ready.

Last month, the car suddenly broke down in the middle of the PLUS highway. My mom said she can’t start the engine. We initially thought that it was the battery issue. She called the PLUS helpline and they said it’s nothing to do with the battery. So we towed the car back to Penang, send it to the nearest workshop to check how far it’s true. And they also said the same. Not the battery. So I had it sent to Peugeot Service Centre to check.

Do you know what the first thing they said is? “Yes, its the battery”. I confronted them that it’s not the battery, but they insisted it is and I have to pay RM600 for that. As expected, they called after replacing the battery, telling me that there’s a sound and engine couldn’t start.

Then start again all the game, this one out, that one out, in the end I have to do a MAJOR OVERHAUL again!! My car is just 5 years old. That’s how fragile and terrible your car is. And I had to pay another staggering RM 12,498.87 for this second overhaul.

Last week, as I called the service centre to check on my car, they said the AC is malfunctioning, and I had to replace full set of the cooling coil, and I have to add another RM 4,000. 5 year old car, driven by an aunty to commute to work daily and the furthest it had been is Kuala Lumpur which is very occasional, and HAD NEVER BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT. This is your Peugoet 308. I have a 15 year old Perodua Kelisa bought at much less than half of your Peugoet 308, and it worked wonderfully for the same driver and same style of driving for nearly 15 years!

I have reported about the car long before I face the second overhaul. But nothing was ever done. I reported to the HQ and I get the usual “We will look into it”. I guess you literally only “look” into it, nothing is ever done. 

It is a shame that your car does not live up to its name or reputation. I will never buy a Peugeot again and I will definitely share my story to others who have the intention of purchasing any car from Peugeot. I will do that not as a payback; I will do that because every consumer has the right to know all information to make the right choice. I don’t want others to go through the same thing that I had gone through. Buying your car is definitely the worst choice I had made and I will never repeat that again.  I still have that receipt from Peugeot service centre of my first overhaul with the RM 12, 069 total and RM 5 written on it as “Hari Raya Promo”. That would be a good humour to spread around.

I'm writing this to make sure Peugeot is aware of what is happening on the ground. As any consumer rights to know all information to make a wise choice, the manufacturer too should know how your products are really like, and how terrible your service is.

Thank you.

From FB
Gyman75 P
post Jun 6 2020, 05:18 PM

Probation
2 posts

I have same experiences like you. Very dissapointing. I never miss sending my car to the SC for six years. Lots of problems. Just after six month I bought the car, it brokedown becoz of oil pump failure, then sensor problem, then ac compressor and many more. Things became worst. Engine leaking, turbo problem, abs pump and bla..bla..I feel very scary to ride the car especially travelling hundreds km..

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:29 PM