Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DIGI OR Celcom?, which one better on LTE or LTE-A???

views

OKLY
post Jun 29 2016, 04:41 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

QUOTE(balak99 @ Jun 29 2016, 04:03 PM)
Thank you for your advise. im thinking about to sign up for this plan before the promotion ends as it do not bound to any contract, i can simply terminate and try other plan right ? so im gonna try for one month. lets see if this plan suit me or not. but 10gb internet quota seems like more than enough for me. i like it  nod.gif
Yes no contract so can always give it a try first especially when the promo is ending.
WongPhan
post Jun 29 2016, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(GreenSleeves @ Jun 27 2016, 11:26 PM)
From what I gather it seems those who are happy with celcom tends to lean towards the rural area coverage argument. Which I guess is definitely a plus point being in a secluded area for some time like work or long kampung breaks. I can attest to this as well as Im currently a celcom prepaid user. We had some amazing race nearby a hill and all the other telcos couldnt get an internet connection and only mine works. I havent experienced digi though I agree with some of the suggestions above to try out a prepaid sim card to get a feel of the telcos. Though Im actually hoping those whove tried it to share their thoughts to save me the trouble as I work in the heart of KL and my place is about 10km to the golden triangle. A little tedious for me to try convince my mum/bro who operates at different areas to give it a try as they'll prefer to hold on to their current number. No reason to go through all the trouble of porting out from postpaid to prepaid just to have a 'feel' of the telcos. But if Im alone I'll definitely give that a try just that when it involves so many people just doesnt seemed practical imo. Just my two cents  icon_rolleyes.gif
My family's experience with Celcom had been hell. Thanks to the female phone vendor who adamantly told me to take up DiGi. Indebted to the girl ever since. Yes, she had been right in forcing me to use DiGi. After my mom and brother's fiascos with Celcom respectively, there was no way for me to not start introducing them to DiGi.

We're a happy DiGi family now.. rclxms.gif
dissy981
post Jun 29 2016, 10:02 PM

7 posts

This link maybe help a bit https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/plans/gold
Dont forget to make comparison smile.gif
verticalar
post Jun 29 2016, 10:52 PM

JackOfallTraders
Store Representative
1,228 posts

depend on where you plan to put your money at...
I see celcom and umobile have a stronger best value for LTE at t he moment..
balak99
post Jun 29 2016, 11:08 PM

6 posts

i see. this forum quite helpful for me to make decision.. sooo many information... but since celcom is currently doing promotion, i should grab an opportunity then. tomorrow is the last day promotion right ?
WongPhan
post Jun 29 2016, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

What promotion is that? I've done my time with the Magic Sim and am now enjoying my freedom. Away from Celcom.
tympg
post Jun 30 2016, 12:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,104 posts

Too many newly registered Xpax troopers infiltrating this Telco Talk forum here.
Raymond T.
post Jun 30 2016, 05:15 AM

Glock 19 Holder
1,147 posts

Currently i'm using 3 telco, so far DiGi for me is the preferred choice. Celcom recently network is weak and speed cannot archive 15Mbps via speedtest with 4G network.
dissy981
post Jun 30 2016, 01:46 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Raymond T. @ Jun 30 2016, 06:15 AM)
Currently i'm using 3 telco, so far DiGi for me is the preferred choice. Celcom recently network is weak and speed cannot archive 15Mbps via speedtest with 4G network.
to me celcom coverage is the best. because it always works well in my living area. i can say in urban area, celcom have no problem in giving best coverage to the user.
tympg
post Jun 30 2016, 02:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,104 posts

QUOTE(dissy981 @ Jun 30 2016, 01:46 PM)
to me celcom coverage is the best. because it always works well in my living area. i can say in urban area, celcom have no problem in giving best coverage to the user.
I find Digi's and Maxis' 4G data much faster than Celcom's. thumbup.gif
http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid
http://www.hotlink.com.my/en/whats-new.html

GreenSleeves
post Jul 3 2016, 07:56 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

digressing a little. What about phone-bundled contract? Which telco seems to offer the better package? Thanks
DCXW
post Jul 4 2016, 12:25 AM

On my way to Se7en stars
520 posts

Celcom connectivity is average only. If both telco have coverage in your area, i suggest digi ? As you can see Digi now so aggressive , both on marketing and expansion. So I think its a better proposition than celcom
alexleow81
post Jul 4 2016, 07:34 AM

Liverpool FC
2,747 posts

QUOTE(DCXW @ Jul 4 2016, 12:25 AM)
Celcom connectivity is average only. If both telco have coverage in your area, i suggest digi ? As you can see Digi now so aggressive , both on marketing and expansion. So I think its a better proposition than celcom
Yes. They do work darn slow. I mean Celcom. Even their upgrading also damn slow and not consistent and keep on postponing. Also the bad thing is, what on earth Celcom runs without the convenience of its customers: NO APP! YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME CELCOM!
GreenSleeves
post Jul 5 2016, 12:35 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(DCXW @ Jul 4 2016, 12:25 AM)
my thoughts exactly
Buffalo Soldier
post Jul 5 2016, 12:38 AM

Casual
438 posts

Tolong lah gi ke Celcom. Jangan masuk DiGi
waisang
post Jul 5 2016, 12:49 AM

On my way
587 posts

Suggest to buy two sim card to test out the quality/expectation by yourselves, it is very subjected the area where you live and work, although they have claimed to be large network coverage but they do have many blind spot we dont know
JohnL77
post Jul 5 2016, 03:00 AM

Regular
1,734 posts

Pek chek...

All the telcos are facing bandwidth bottlenecks now. Celcom charging RM20 for additional 1GB internet with their First Gold plan. Digi reduce their "Unlimited" Midnight Internet quota from 30GB to 10GB.

Bloody fucking hell...
WongPhan
post Jul 5 2016, 09:01 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(Buffalo Soldier @ Jul 5 2016, 12:38 AM)
Tolong lah gi ke Celcom. Jangan masuk DiGi
Whatever for? dry.gif
Speedstar1
post Jul 5 2016, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(alexleow81 @ Jul 4 2016, 07:34 AM)
Yes. They do work darn slow. I mean Celcom. Even their upgrading also damn slow and not consistent and keep on postponing. Also the bad thing is, what on earth Celcom runs without the convenience of its customers: NO APP! YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME CELCOM!
Totally agree with this. Every telco has an app for user's convenience, but celcom insists on us sending messages to get balance updates. What is this, 1999?

Their 4G is the slowest amongst the top 3 telcos.

Digi however can be pretty weak indoors.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:21 PM