Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

am i misunderstanding? or this is truely robbery?

views

TSjjjeantang
post Apr 12 2016, 03:58 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(dreamthief @ Apr 12 2016, 12:43 PM)
Folks, am i Understanding it wrongly?

Let's not look at "How I subscribe" cause that shows need to turn on data roaming or make a call or SMS.

Look at the FAQs, it's more damning.
ya~
tat's wat i stunning by tis unFRIENDLY THOUGHTFUL SVC...

as long as u bring it to oversea, u'r 1 leg in their trap....
TSjjjeantang
post Apr 12 2016, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(dreamthief @ Apr 12 2016, 02:03 PM)
hmm.gif it's not as sinister as that it seems. Maxis centre is saying, you pay to a max of RM38 a day. But if you just receive one call, roaming fees to receive call is example RM5. You just pay RM5. If you get 8 calls as such, without this MaxisOne world pass, you pay RM40 instead but they throw in this offer, paying RM38 and give some data to use also.

Other benefits, it also prevents people who accidentally turn on data roaming, max they pay also RM38 a day.

Let's see whose on this and is it as per above explanation given.
ya~
max rm38/day compare to rm40/8call is vr thoughtful, if u really talking business @ oversea...

most user if going out for holiday maybe juz use 1 time while touch down to inform family only
but the PASS already being kick-started

if they going there 1 wk leh~? oso kena rm38/day?
and the most ridicules is, no option to stop it until u come back m'sia

nexona88
post Apr 12 2016, 05:14 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,828 posts

juz take the basic phone lor.. make or received calls only
dreamthief
post Apr 12 2016, 05:56 PM

Banned
1,782 posts

QUOTE(jjjeantang @ Apr 12 2016, 04:25 PM)
ya~
max rm38/day compare to rm40/8call is vr thoughtful, if u really talking business @ oversea...

most user if going out for holiday maybe juz use 1 time while touch down to inform family only
but the PASS already being kick-started

if they going there 1 wk leh~? oso kena rm38/day?
and the most ridicules is, no option to stop it until u come back m'sia
No, what it is meant to do is to CAP it to MAX RM38/day so that you won't get a BILL SHOCK. Must look at the current perspective, you will now also incur cost when travelling overseas if you send SMS, it's usually RM0.50 and receive calls, you will get roaming charges. It's just saying if your total cost < RM38, you get charge as per usage. But if you use > RM38, you just get charged RM38.

Sounds plausible explanation when I called Maxis centre, but, what I'm referring to earlier post, the FAQ and site is slightly misleading and confusing. At first read through, it implies otherwise.

I'm sharing what i understand and hear from Maxis centre, hope those under MOP and got charged Maxis OneWorld Pass, which is the reality.
dreamthief
post Apr 12 2016, 05:57 PM

Banned
1,782 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Apr 12 2016, 05:14 PM)
juz take the basic phone lor.. make or received calls only
read the FAQ, even calls also involved, not just data roaming.
cucubud
post Apr 12 2016, 08:18 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(jjjeantang @ Apr 11 2016, 10:48 PM)
nope. according to maxis official website says, once u've activated tis svc as above discussed, u'll not able to stop it & u'll b charged rm38/day @ everyday until u came back m'sia devil.gif

even though u only used once @ touch down for contact ur mama & pull out the sim card after tat & enjoy ur 1 wk holiday @ oversea... bye.gif

and, it's only giv u 500mb/day not 3gb & after finish 500mb u've to top up or totally cut off data.
These charges only applicable to MOP, right?
Iplan and Survemore plan are not included, right?
wil-i-am
post Apr 12 2016, 09:37 PM

10k Club
10,001 posts

Wrong thread

This post has been edited by wil-i-am: Apr 12 2016, 09:38 PM
TSjjjeantang
post Apr 13 2016, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(dreamthief @ Apr 12 2016, 05:56 PM)
No, what it is meant to do is to CAP it to MAX RM38/day so that you won't  get a BILL SHOCK. Must look at the current perspective, you will now also incur cost when travelling overseas if you send SMS, it's usually RM0.50 and receive calls, you will get roaming charges. It's just saying if your total cost < RM38, you get charge as per usage. But if you use > RM38, you just get charged RM38.

Sounds plausible explanation when I called Maxis centre, but, what I'm referring to earlier post, the FAQ and site is slightly misleading and confusing. At first read through, it implies otherwise.

I'm sharing what i understand and hear from Maxis centre, hope those under MOP and got charged Maxis OneWorld Pass, which is the reality.
if tat so, great; bcoz it never mentioned minimum charges after the KICK-START and it makes me sick through thr is no option to stop the svc.

until now yet to see any victim on tis svc so all we talk abt is under discuss lv only,
but celcom seems bites a lot of ppl ald...

http://cforum1.cari.com.my/forum.php?mod=v...ead&tid=3839947

http://cforum1.cari.com.my/forum.php?mod=v...ead&tid=3833279

TSjjjeantang
post Apr 13 2016, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 12 2016, 08:18 PM)
seems so, but i not sure, better ask maxis b4 u go oversea
dreamthief
post Apr 13 2016, 11:55 AM

Banned
1,782 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 12 2016, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE(jjjeantang @ Apr 13 2016, 11:25 AM)
Maxis One World plan it's only for Maxis One Plan. I searched for ivalue/surmore, didn't see it.

QUOTE(jjjeantang @ Apr 13 2016, 11:22 AM)
if tat so, great; bcoz it never mentioned minimum charges after the KICK-START and it makes me sick through thr is no option to stop the svc.

until now yet to see any victim on tis svc so all we talk abt is under discuss lv only,
but celcom seems bites a lot of ppl ald...

http://cforum1.cari.com.my/forum.php?mod=v...ead&tid=3839947

http://cforum1.cari.com.my/forum.php?mod=v...ead&tid=3833279
Understood entirely, I'm just reporting back what explaination from Maxis. Pretty sketchy on the explanation part, Maxis gets an award for being ambiguous.
The part you can't opt out is always a no no.

Anyone with Maxis one plan and got affected by Maxis One World plan, please log a MCMC report on deceptive FAQs. I wish I could, but I'm just on little surfmore.

TSjjjeantang
post Apr 14 2016, 09:55 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

seems there's ald have victim being trapped... shakehead.gif

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3901044
cucubud
post Apr 21 2016, 12:34 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(jjjeantang @ Apr 13 2016, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE(dreamthief @ Apr 13 2016, 11:55 AM)
Maxis One World plan it's only for Maxis One Plan. I searched for ivalue/surmore, didn't see it.
Seems that the RM38/day apply to all Plans. MOP, iValue and Survemore and Hotlink too.
No way out except you put your sim card on a dumb phone which does not have data service.

xzilem
post Apr 21 2016, 12:51 PM

Enthusiast
911 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 21 2016, 12:34 PM)
Seems that the RM38/day apply to all Plans. MOP, iValue and Survemore and Hotlink too.
No way out except you put your sim card on a dumb phone which does not have data service.
How about we delete the apn setting, do the data service still continue?
cucubud
post Apr 21 2016, 01:18 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(xzilem @ Apr 21 2016, 12:51 PM)
How about we delete the apn setting, do the data service still continue?
Not sure your smart phone will trigger it or not.

They said to switch OFF Data Roaming and Cellular Data and don't set the phone to LTE or 3G.
If the smart phone is so smart, it keeps trying to trigger the data service, then if one time successful, you will be charged RM38/day.

Better put the sim card into a dumb phone to avoid the RM38/day Data Roaming.
dreamthief
post Apr 21 2016, 03:41 PM

Banned
1,782 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 21 2016, 12:34 PM)
Where did you see/hear this? The website only showing MaxisOneWorld (RM38/day) for Maxis one plan.

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 21 2016, 01:18 PM)
Not sure your smart phone will trigger it or not.

They said to switch OFF Data Roaming and Cellular Data and don't set the phone to LTE or 3G.
If the smart phone is so smart, it keeps trying to trigger the data service, then if one time successful, you will be charged RM38/day.

Better put the sim card into a dumb phone to avoid the RM38/day Data Roaming.
Not true, it's even calls received/made or sms sent. Disabling the Data roaming doesn't help. That's the old way to avoid roaming charges.

http://www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/servic...g/oneworld.html

How do I subscribe to MaxisONE World pass?

There is no subscription required. When you are abroad with your MaxisONE plan, any calls (received or made), any SMS sent, any data used (via webpages, apps, and all other platforms) will automatically kick start your MaxisONE World pass.

cucubud
post Apr 21 2016, 03:51 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(dreamthief @ Apr 21 2016, 03:41 PM)
Where did you see/hear this? The website only showing MaxisOneWorld (RM38/day) for Maxis one plan.
Not true, it's even calls received/made or sms sent. Disabling the Data roaming doesn't help. That's the old way to avoid roaming charges.

http://www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/servic...g/oneworld.html
Did an online chat with them this morning.
They showed me the link for Roaming charges which is for the MOP.
I told them I am on ivalue plan. They said it applies to all Plans.
I told them I am going oversea for 1 month and I am not going to pay RM38 x30 days while oversea.
Then they told me to disable the Data Roaming and Cellular Data and switch OFF LTE and 3G.

RX-78-2
post Aug 30 2016, 06:57 PM

Enthusiast
790 posts

Damn Maxis!!
I arrived Bangkok and only received a 41sec call, it charge me for RM10!!

I got the 7days SIM only 300 baht!! insert into my Z5P dual sim, and luckily i disable the Maxis SIM during the stay, or else i will be charge RM38 per day which is blood sucking!!

I have been using this Maxis number for more than 16 years, better don't force me to port into other service.
westlife
post Nov 21 2016, 07:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(- JaY - @ Apr 6 2016, 10:48 AM)
As long as data roaming is untick, I don't think maxis is charging rm38. Those sms whenever you're overseas are normal, kinda like SOP for all telco with no charges.
Is it confirmed? because for Celcom even turn off that but if mobile data is not off, there will still be rm38 charge per da, as they partner with other telcos in other countries so even the data roaming off, data can still be used, as somehow they gang up to make it appeared like it is the same Celcom network even u are roaming, as long as u roam to their partner telcos.
- JaY -
post Nov 22 2016, 04:16 PM

t(^.^t)
1,024 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Nov 21 2016, 07:39 PM)
Is it confirmed? because for Celcom even turn off that but if mobile data is not off, there will still be rm38 charge per da, as they partner with other telcos in other countries so even the data roaming off, data can still be used, as somehow they gang up to make it appeared like it is the same Celcom network even u are roaming, as long as u roam to their partner telcos.
if your data roaming is off, there wont be any data transmission. Unless you make calls or receive calls, then yes.
westlife
post Nov 22 2016, 05:13 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(- JaY - @ Nov 22 2016, 04:16 PM)
if your data roaming is off, there wont be any data transmission. Unless you make calls or receive calls, then yes.
what about mobile data option,

there are two options, one is mobile data option, another one is data roaming option (under mobile data option).

if just turn off data roaming option, enough to avoid the cost?

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0223sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:50 PM