Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Medical Conditions NEED HELP (SERIOUS INSOMNIA), PLEASE HELP

views

gangnamboleh
post Mar 31 2016, 02:04 PM

25 posts

Piridone works for some people. It is very cheap. Not costly like xanax or other sleeping tablet.
TSchaos95
post Apr 2 2016, 12:21 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(GameFr3ak @ Mar 30 2016, 02:09 AM)
Something to clarify about myself, I work a rotating shift job. People kept saying stuff about biological clock and shit, but it's not really as simple as that. I sometime have this problem despite having a solid 2 weeks of business hours shift.

Now, my issue was a lot more severe back then. Out of an entire week, I might have 5 days with just 3-4 hours of sleep. It became worse when this goes on and on as I said, anxiety kicks in when you're always sleep deprived.

So you need to find out what works for her.

For me, if I work morning shift, I just take a shower when it's time to sleep. I take a melatonin if I have no sign of being sleepy before I take my shower. Usually if I don't fall asleep within 15 minutes, I'm bound to roll around for HOURS. So if I don't fall asleep within 30 minutes, I'll go out and pour myself a shot of whiskey. I'll wake up feeling thirsty but the side effect is better than NO SLEEP.

For night shift, I work from 10pm to 8am. I reach home at 830am. This is very tricky as there's a lot of light exposure causing your mind to be confused. Sometime I'm DEAD tired but I just can't bloody fall asleep. And I got myself very worried about this sleeping problems that I started sweating IN AN AIR CONDITIONED ROOM. So I did a lot of trial and errors and found out that I need to hit the bed as soon as I'm home. Any form of distractions (phone, computer ETC) WILL keep me awake. I hit the bed immediately and I'm usually asleep within 10-15 minutes. If all else fails, whiskey will fix it.

The issue is not totally gone from me as I had a lil bit of problem sleeping today morning after an entire night of working. I really like to lay on the bed and check my phone, so I ended up going for the whiskey route. Though, I woke up a few times within 7 hours of sleep. Quality of sleep is shit but better than no sleep.

I'm not asking your gf to become alcoholic, but alcohol works wonder in this situation. I think she's a bit similar to myself. My mind is very active and I kept thinking about various random things then I became frustrated that I can't fall asleep. Heart rate will elevate, then you started sweating making it near impossible to sleep.

But I did my research on alcohol. It's not really that bad if you just do a shot everyday. You can try finding her a bottle of red/white wine that she like. Red/white wine is actually good for your health if you take moderate amount everyday.

Sorry for the long write up.
So mean there is no root cure for this problem :/ I will try suggest her and see, thank you very much.

QUOTE(cadiators @ Mar 30 2016, 09:34 AM)
I personally face anxiety, worried and unable to sleep. In the end I found out it's due to my weak emotion /mental strength.

For the remedy, I started to think and focus on problem positively. My body and mind managed to relax more which finally induce sleep.

Turning off smartphone and iPad does help.

Hope it helps.
she tried before not working for her.

QUOTE(Trait0r @ Mar 30 2016, 03:57 PM)
Have you tried meditation yet? I find meditation helps alot to ease my stress which was causing some insomnia. Just the other night I woke up and was unable to sleep back, and I meditated 15 minutes and then managed to sleep soundly.

Most of the time the more we think to ourselves that we"need" the sleep and we keep telling ourselves to "Get to sleep!", the more we couldn't sleep. The key is to let go, just letting go will bring so much peace and I am able to have good sleep.
Yeap she did it too, but not sure whether is the way she do it wrong or it wont work on her...

QUOTE(gangnamboleh @ Mar 31 2016, 02:04 PM)
Piridone works for some people. It is very cheap. Not costly like xanax or other sleeping tablet.
Can we get it from normal pharmacy?

ZZR-Pilot
post Apr 2 2016, 12:01 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

There was a point in my life where I found myself wide awake for 3 days at a time, unable to sleep. Then I'd crash for a few hours and the cycle repeated. I was going bonkers due to sleep deprivation. Within those months I lost a lot of weight.

Marijuana and a bong cured my insomnia. Better than Xamax and Remeron the doc gave me. Cheaper too.

Serious.

This post has been edited by ZZR-Pilot: Apr 2 2016, 12:06 PM
SUSTham
post Apr 3 2016, 01:31 PM

Regular
1,576 posts

You could try hypnosis.

There's a hypnotherapist, Hiro Koo, postng here as ''Zeropoint9''.

You could contact him.

Hypnotherapy for sleep disorders.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18797...6055676/related

Hypnotherapy in child psychiatry.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18783...8797562/related

Hypnotherapy in the treatment of chronic combat-related
PTSD patients suffering from insomnia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18569...8797562/related

Hypnotherapy in the psychosomatic approach to illness.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1439055/

Hypnosis in dermatology.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/66645...7021826/related

This post has been edited by Tham: Apr 3 2016, 01:49 PM
mothangel
post Apr 3 2016, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Apr 2 2016, 12:01 PM)
There was a point in my life where I found myself wide awake for 3 days at a time, unable to sleep. Then I'd crash for a few hours and the cycle repeated. I was going bonkers due to sleep deprivation. Within those months I lost a lot of weight.

Marijuana and a bong cured my insomnia. Better than Xamax and Remeron the doc gave me. Cheaper too.

Serious.
Im in this dilemma where i dont want take any benzo or xanax to fuck my body up and go for weed instead.
I feel that I dont have rights to choose my medicine based on some laws that already crumbling and we know is bullshit.
Ive researched benzo withdrawal and its fucked how human can create pills that fuck others up while mother nature gives us almost everything in this earth to solve our problem.
YaHui
post Apr 4 2016, 11:41 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(noircharacter @ Mar 29 2016, 05:30 PM)
Thanks for the info  icon_rolleyes.gif
You're welcome! hope it helps you...sometimes i eat the pills when i can't sleep during my period ...
I overthink too much doh.gif
gangnamboleh
post Apr 7 2016, 11:33 AM

25 posts

QUOTE(chaos95 @ Apr 2 2016, 12:21 AM)
So mean there is no root cure for this problem :/ I will try suggest her and see, thank you very much.
she tried before not working for her.
Yeap she did it too, but not sure whether is the way she do it wrong or it wont work on her...
Can we get it from normal pharmacy?
Guardian Pharmacy.
zeropoint9
post Apr 8 2016, 09:25 PM

Casual
424 posts

Researchers at Harvard University found that hypnotherapy actually promotes faster healing. Many insomniacs have tried this intervention with great success. Under hypnosis, you might work out any personal issues that are robbing you of sleep. A clinical hypnotherapist can also "program" you to sleep. You can look for a licensed clinical hypnotherapist in Malaysia who regulated by MOH-AHPM.

You can consider EEG biofeedback too.
EEG biofeedback therapy is based on the international standardized 10-20 electrode location system. It is essentially a way of teaching you how to self-regulate your own electrical activity in the brain and strengthen your sleep spindle activity indirectly. A powerful tool for helping people fall asleep and stay asleep. People who produce more frequent or greater amounts of sleep spindles than the average person require a higher decibel noise level to be roused out of a sound sleep. As we age, we produce fewer spindles and are more sensitive to noises around us. This can be one of the explanations why older people don't seem to sleep as well.

Drug-free Insomnia Solution

Neuroscientists have identified specific brainwave patterns that relate to specific disorders. Individual who suffer for insomnia is more likely to experience hyper arousal state in the brain. Brain trainer can help correct this problem. Brain trainer (EEG biofeedback) which is a safe, non-invasive, drug free and no side effect technology has been shown to effectively address anxiety symptoms. Brain trainer training teaches you to balance your brain's arousal state. It helps teach you how to calm down your brain during stressful event and night.

Neuro-Hypnotherapy is based on EEG brainwave frequency monitoring. It is non-invasive, painless, and safe with no side effects. All of our mind activity can be measured scientifically by utilizing an EEG biofeedback tool. With the Neuro-Hypnotherapy technology, you can scientifically see yourself going into states of “Alpha", "Theta", and "Delta”, and these three levels can be considered states or depths of sleep. After your therapy session, you will learn how to self-regulate your own brainwave pattern and improving your sleep quality by practicing your personalized self-hypnosis technique.

Brain trainer and Neuro-hypnotherapy together help the individual who suffer for insomnia to calm hyper arousal brainwave activity, fine-tuning the central nervous system and reprogram your subconscious mind to achieve deep sleep and relaxation.

Source:
http://www.newmindcentre.com/2016/01/what-is-insomnia.html
http://www.newmindcentre.com/2016/03/sleep...t-malaysia.html
Jeanette1977 P
post Oct 7 2019, 03:37 PM

Probation
2 posts

The treatment of insomnia depends on its cause and severity. If insomnia results from another disorder, treatment of that disorder may improve sleep. You can find more information about it on https://onlineapotheek.co/slaappillen/. For most people who have insomnia, some simple changes in lifestyle, such as following a regular sleep schedule and avoiding caffeine after lunch time, can improve sleep.

In addition to daytime tiredness or fatigue, chronic insomnia can be associated with a complaint of compromised intellectual function, mood disturbance, or an increase in physical complaints (e. g. , headaches and gastrointestinal problems). Beyond these outcomes, there is now considerable evidence that individuals with chronic insomnia have an increased risk of psychiatric illness (especially major depressive disorder) and substance abuse and there is mounting evidence that insomnia is associated with absenteeism from work, higher health care costs, and reduced quality of life.

Jeanette1977 P
post Jan 6 2020, 08:58 PM

Probation
2 posts

A good night’s sleep is the best way to culminate a stressful and tiring day. Your body needs rest that only a good and sound sleep can provide. But if you are one of those people who have been having difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, then you may consider taking Zolpidem. The drug is easily available and can be safely purchased without prescription. Find out more about it on this site: https://onlineapotheek.co/product/zolpidem-ambien/https://onlineapotheek.co/product/zolpidem-ambien/
ikah
post Jun 23 2020, 09:13 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

maybe i can help u,

i have medicine for insomnia as listed below

1) Stilnox
2) Remeron
3) Diazepam (generic)
4) Dormicum
5) Xanax ( generic)

Kilohertz
post Jul 13 2020, 02:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

QUOTE(GameFr3ak @ Mar 29 2016, 07:30 AM)
I can chime in on this. I personally have this problem for many months. While it's easy to say that we don't have any stress/stressful problems in our life. A lot of these problems are not always obvious to us. For me, it's as simply as worrying about not be able to sleep.

Also, there's no 'normal' insomnia. Not being able to sleep is not normal. Lack of sleep will create a vicious cycle.

Lack of sleep > Stress (worried about not being able to sleep) > Anxiety (became worse) > Lack of sleep

Try to figure out what form of problems that she's going through in her life. If there's REALLY NONE. Then she need to seek specialized doctor. Try find doctors that are specialized in sleep.

Things that worked for me or I tried

1. Vitamin D3
2. Melatonin (though I double the dose and may or may not work sometime)
3. Avoid eating 2-3 hours before bed
4. Shower when it's time to sleep.
5. Dim all lights around her. Especially phones and monitors. If she REALLY need to look at those device. Download Twilight app for her phone and Flux for her computer.
6. Exercise. (Though this technically didn't work for me as I lift weights and weight lifting is a form of stress if rest is insufficient)
7. White noise, it depends from person to person. For me, any form of distraction is not good as I'll be focused on the distraction... wide awake
8. The best solution for me, alcohol. I happened to have a lot of whiskey at my disposal, so I tried. And it works  wonder. Alcohol fogs your mind from all those troubling thoughts. I don't recommend downing a lot, I usually just pour a very small amount + ice and sips slowly.

Also, if her job is quite demanding or relatively busy, have her to take a few days off and go to a place where she can relax.
is there any way to get melatonin in msia?
garricktang
post Nov 16 2020, 04:00 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(chaos95 @ Mar 29 2016, 12:35 AM)
Hi guys, I am asking a question on my girl friend current situation.
So before the detail of the problem, for your information my girl friend having normal insomnia and PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome ).

The problem start on December 2015, she started to unable to sleep for the whole night or sometime just a few hours, and starting we though that it was normal insomnia so dint take it that serious. But soon the problem getting more serious, the situation dragged to around 1/2 weeks and we started to worry about it, by the mean time she also find out that her menstruation was late for a month, so we go seek for help from normal doctor, doctor assume that it might be because of the hormone affect all those problem, and given her the medicine to force the menstruation. Soon after taking the pills, the menstruation settled but the problem of sleeping is still going on for around a month, and because of the sleepless night caused her to have anxiety, so we plan to seek help from psychiatry, what the result we get was only saying that she having too much of pressure on her lifestyle and so on, but actually she had none of those pressure, and the psychiatry gave some medicine that can help to sleep and also control the anxiety but not sleeping pill. With the help of the medicine she managed to get 8 hours of sleeping time, which ease the situation. Sadly the situation dint really going well, as time past the effect of medicine started to be unstable sometime it do function but sometime it does not. Then until now she carry on with the medicine that help to sleep, but due to financial difficulty she had decide to try reduce the amount of medicine at the same time don't wish to be too depend on he medicine and able to recover as normal, so she decide to reduce the amount of medicine time by time, initially was 2 pill reduce to 1 and half of it and the effect still working well as she manage to sleep for 2 to 3 hours wake up little while and manage to sleep back, but as the amount reduced time by time the effect started to be weaken, now she taking 4/5 of the pill and she only manage to sleep for 2 hours and unable to sleep back, while just waking up and lying there until morning.

So this problem was struggling her for 6 months, so I posted here hope that anyone that had experience or solution of it that might help my girl friend on her situation.

Thank you very much
Pill given by the psychiatry:
-Luvox
-Rivotril
-Ketipinor
I think getting active with sports and gym, going for runs, avoiding caffeine, would help a little. It wont cure the insomnia, but it might help. Tire yourself out during the day!
aeonic
post Mar 6 2023, 05:23 PM

15 posts

Hey guys, I had been having sleep problems since 2020 and visited a wellness doctor. She prescribed Melatonin to me and costs RM280 per 60 caps. It really helped me to reset my circadian rhythm and allowed me to sleep at a better timing. Back then during MCO I had anxiety and depression due to the the work load. Bad thoughts starts to come in my mind and I couldn't sleep. I sleep at 5am and wake up at 2pm. I consumed a lot of supper and the worst part is that I kept beating myself up. It was one of my lowest point in my life.

I went to a normal GP and they prescribed sleeping pills but as you know, I didn't want to get addicted to it but I really needed help. After paying RM4k to my wellness doctor for a full check and going in a wellness program, I've never been better. Lost weight and start being consistent with things I do. Really got me out from the dark times.

I owed it to myself and with the support of melatonin, I am able to sleep and with better sleep, I get to regulate my mood.. lower my anxiety and gave me strength to forgive myself and let go of things beyond my control. My thoughts became better and positive as my sleep got better. I know in Malaysia it is legal but regulated however I don't think anyone should suffer insomnia and a bad sleep cycle. It is a supplement and not a drug and not addictive. I just want to share my journey and I hope it helps people who

1. Suffers from insomnia
2. No regular sleep
3. Anxiety
4. Stress
5. Jet Lag

If you have such symptoms, living with it or want to better your life, try to fix your sleep first. You will feel different and that keeps you going. Don't give up on your sleep or yourself. Practice self love and your life will shine. Fix fix fix and sleep well. As I know not everyone can pay a wellness doctor a visit and RM280 is expensive for 60 tabs customized for you but I've found a local site that imports directly from manufacturers. To cut down my costs, I've been using them to get my supplies. Costs me less than RM2 per day to sleep well.

Hope this can help everyone here to sleep better smile.gif

You can get it from https://melatonin.com.my/

Melatonin Malaysia

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:31 PM