Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

174 Pages « < 159 160 161 162 163 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography Canon EOS Family, One Big EOS Family - V59, The White Paladins' Territory!

views

razkal
post Jul 2 2021, 02:07 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(Dark_Angel85 @ Jun 26 2021, 02:43 PM)
Like what Michaelbyz said, the DR specifically is a downgrade from 12 stops to 11 stops. Your second post seems pretty definitive already that since the R is already out of your budget, your only option is the RP if you wanna go the RF mount and buy brand new.

However, even with the supposed downgrade of DR in the RP, it isn't completely out of the question that the camera is an upgrade in many other traits that might matter to you. Even though it's not a very popular opinion, I don't think DR and MP or many other things hyped up sometimes are the be all and end all of camera choice. Things as simple as articulating screens, EVF vs OVR, ergonomics and placement/customizable buttons sometimes matter more in the long run. All about what you want and how much you can tolerate the pros and cons of each camera.

https://cameradecision.com/compare/Canon-EO...vs-Canon-EOS-RP <---- quite comprehensive as far as SPEC comparison is concerned.

+price is still VERY important for most casual shooters. Me included. Good luck in your purchase!
Thank you for your advice. Just bought my EOS RP from lazada. But seems to have some issues with the seller in terms of product packaging
razkal
post Jul 2 2021, 02:11 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(Melvin117 @ May 31 2021, 12:06 PM)
Bought the rp set with adapter ring from kengdim on lazada, arrived and the dial has a big scratch... shocking.gif  shocking.gif  shocking.gif

Talked to the seller and he whatsapped me to send it back to him then to canon for an inspection
It's gonna take few weeks now due to MCO
So he advised me to send back after MCO

I'm not so sure about the Canon policies and will they just push it back to me saying it's my own mistake?
Should I just refund it and order another?

user posted image
I bought body only from same seller on lazada. Item arrived but i noticed the box is for body with kit lens but inside there's only body. The seal seems intact but I'm not sure. Everyrthing was wrapped well for body, battery and charger. I suspect they take out the kit lens and sold them separately. hmm.gif

*Update: Seller claimed only have set with kit lens, so they take out the lens. They guarantee that the body is new. Serial number on the body is same with serial number on the box.

This post has been edited by razkal: Jul 2 2021, 02:38 PM
Michaelbyz23
post Jul 2 2021, 08:59 PM

Sarawak Maju Makmur
4,541 posts

Congrats on your new purchase!
Dark_Angel85
post Jul 2 2021, 09:08 PM

Government Agent
950 posts

QUOTE(razkal @ Jul 2 2021, 02:07 PM)
Thank you for your advice. Just bought my EOS RP from lazada. But seems to have some issues with the seller in terms of product packaging
QUOTE(razkal @ Jul 2 2021, 02:11 PM)
I bought body only from same seller on lazada. Item arrived but i noticed the box is for body with kit lens but inside there's only body. The seal seems intact but I'm not sure. Everyrthing was wrapped well for body, battery and charger. I suspect they take out the kit lens and sold them separately. hmm.gif

*Update: Seller claimed only have set with kit lens, so they take out the lens. They guarantee that the body is new. Serial number on the body is same with serial number on the box.
Though I don't condone this kind of "take out the kit lens and sell it separately", many are doing it and it seems to be somehow standard practice. However, I was also told before that Canon (not sure about other companies, but my Olympus was also similar) does not seal their boxes. Unsealed boxes of any kind of item, well.... you got to take it as it is and trust the seller. Many ways to check when you receive the product like what you did with the serial number, check physical condition, etc. Rest assured, if you bought it new, then the warranty should cover you just in case anything happens.

However, nice purchase and happy lens hunting! rclxms.gif
razkal
post Jul 2 2021, 10:09 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(Michaelbyz23 @ Jul 2 2021, 08:59 PM)
Congrats on your new purchase!
Thank you, I'm very much happy today receiving the camera. The camera seems very light and feel like a miniature full frame in my hand compared to my previous 6d. I think I'll get used to it. Focusing is very much improve. However some sets back with sigma lens keep underexposing 2-3 stop, I think it require firmware update after reading somewhere in dpreview. Also manage to attach old om lens using adapter, focus peaking really helpful and does the job, however not sure how to take photos as fully press Shutter button doe's not work/does not take photo 😅. Here's some photos of the camera attach with lens.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

razkal
post Jul 2 2021, 10:13 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(Dark_Angel85 @ Jul 2 2021, 09:08 PM)
Though I don't condone this kind of "take out the kit lens and sell it separately", many are doing it and it seems to be somehow standard practice. However, I was also told before that Canon (not sure about other companies, but my Olympus was also similar) does not seal their boxes. Unsealed boxes of any kind of item, well.... you got to take it as it is and trust the seller. Many ways to check when you receive the product like what you did with the serial number, check physical condition, etc. Rest assured, if you bought it new, then the warranty should cover you just in case anything happens.

However, nice purchase and happy lens hunting! rclxms.gif
Actually I'm OK as long as the seller is honest but i was not told until received the item. Seller insist item is new just that the kit lens was removed from the box. Not sure how to go about this.
razkal
post Jul 3 2021, 02:47 PM

Casual
397 posts

Finally manage to figure out how to take photos using old olympus manual focus lens. Here’s some mundane photos from home as no chance to test outside MCO.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Michaelbyz23
post Jul 3 2021, 05:59 PM

Sarawak Maju Makmur
4,541 posts

Great lens and photos!
Dark_Angel85
post Jul 4 2021, 12:44 PM

Government Agent
950 posts

QUOTE(razkal @ Jul 2 2021, 10:13 PM)
Actually I'm OK as long as the seller is honest but i was not told until received the item. Seller insist item is new just that the kit lens was removed from the box. Not sure how to go about this.
Yeah, I get what you feel also, cause usually like when buying phones or other electronic devices, I insist on sealed boxes also... But so far so good... Not one lens, camera or flash seems to show any issues and work/quality as expected

QUOTE(razkal @ Jul 3 2021, 02:47 PM)
Finally manage to figure out how to take photos using old olympus manual focus lens. Here’s some mundane photos from home as no chance to test outside MCO.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Fuh bro! Awesome colors! Share your fix also, who knows it might help others? Did you 'unassign' AF on the shutter like how we use BBF methods?

Cheers bro! Snap more and share more!
razkal
post Jul 5 2021, 07:11 AM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(Michaelbyz23 @ Jul 3 2021, 05:59 PM)
Great lens and photos!
Thanks bro.

QUOTE(Dark_Angel85 @ Jul 4 2021, 12:44 PM)
Yeah, I get what you feel also, cause usually like when buying phones or other electronic devices, I insist on sealed boxes also... But so far so good... Not one lens, camera or flash seems to show any issues and work/quality as expected
Fuh bro! Awesome colors! Share your fix also, who knows it might help others? Did you 'unassign' AF on the shutter like how we use BBF methods?

Cheers bro! Snap more and share more!
Nothing fancy. Just set up the camera to shoot without a lens and enable focus peaking from the menu. For manual lenses, I usually use either A or M mode. Fo these two modes I set ISO to auto. Depends on you actually, sometimes I use the histogram function to properly expose as well. The beauty of mirrorless is WYSIWYG. No more guessing. Here's a video to help.

razkal
post Jul 8 2021, 08:12 PM

Casual
397 posts

Happy to report today that my sigma 35mm f1.4 is working flawlessly once I've updated the lens with a newer firmware. No more issues with lens communication errors and erratic exposure behaviour. It also works with in camera lens correction. The AF accuracy was spot on compared to 6D. No more problem with front and back focus.
razkal
post Jul 24 2021, 09:23 AM

Casual
397 posts

The thread seems quiet for a while so I thought probably can share photos with the forummer notworthy.gif as MCO seems on going like forever.

Anyway happy shooting everyone.

user posted image
OM Zuiko 50mm F1.8@1.8

user posted image
EF50mm f1.8II

user posted image
Sigma 35mm f1.4art

This post has been edited by razkal: Jul 28 2021, 03:08 PM
razkal
post Aug 4 2021, 06:21 PM

Casual
397 posts

Does EOS R still consider a good buy in 2021? Or should I go to R6?
pengster
post Aug 4 2021, 07:06 PM

eVoWei™
7,757 posts

QUOTE(razkal @ Aug 4 2021, 06:21 PM)
Does EOS R still consider a good buy in 2021? Or should I go to R6?
I would say if you have the budget to go for the R6, go for it. But it's almost 2x the price of the R so it really depends on your needs. I myself got the R6 because I needed a second body for events (whenever events are allowed again) to pair with my 1DX. For casual shooting probably don't need unless you got the money to spend. laugh.gif
razkal
post Aug 4 2021, 07:15 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(pengster @ Aug 4 2021, 07:06 PM)
I would say if you have the budget to go for the R6, go for it. But it's almost 2x the price of the R so it really depends on your needs. I myself got the R6 because I needed a second body for events (whenever events are allowed again) to pair with my 1DX. For casual shooting probably don't need unless you got the money to spend.  laugh.gif
Haha OK. Thanks mate R6 seems like overkill, another additional RM4K but really attempted with the dynamic range. I'm not that happy with rp shadow recovery seems worse than my previous cam.
pengster
post Aug 4 2021, 07:25 PM

eVoWei™
7,757 posts

QUOTE(razkal @ Aug 4 2021, 07:15 PM)
Haha OK. Thanks mate R6 seems like overkill, another additional RM4K but really attempted with the dynamic range. I'm not that happy with rp shadow recovery seems worse than my previous cam.
Yeah the 6D Mark II sensor wasn't well known for it's DR. I heard the R/5D4's sensor is better but not as good as the R6/R5. But I don't have any experience with the 5D4/R so I can't really comment. I came from a 5D3 and the DR on that is a joke laugh.gif

I would say the R6 is overkill for casual usage but damn that AF and speed is really next level. I could actually use my old EF 50 1.2 for events for the first time laugh.gif
razkal
post Aug 4 2021, 07:34 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(pengster @ Aug 4 2021, 07:25 PM)
Yeah the 6D Mark II sensor wasn't well known for it's DR. I heard the R/5D4's sensor is better but not as good as the R6/R5. But I don't have any experience with the 5D4/R so I can't really comment. I came from a 5D3 and the DR on that is a joke  laugh.gif

I would say the R6 is overkill for casual usage but damn that AF and speed is really next level. I could actually use my old EF 50 1.2 for events for the first time  laugh.gif
I used 6D before and it's shadow recovery is not that bad, but rp however the noise is intolerable and we're talking at the base iso, regret buying the camera. Although all other features is actually a worthy upgrade from the previous cam. I look through nikon underexposed z5 raw files online and it's dynamic range is unbelievable at base ISO. But after reading thoroughly their AF is not as good as canon dual pixel AF. Seems canon still winning on the AF.
pengster
post Aug 4 2021, 08:21 PM

eVoWei™
7,757 posts

QUOTE(razkal @ Aug 4 2021, 07:34 PM)
I used 6D before and it's shadow recovery is not that bad, but rp however the noise is intolerable and we're talking at the base iso, regret buying the camera. Although all other features is actually a worthy upgrade from the previous cam. I look through nikon underexposed z5 raw files online and it's dynamic range is unbelievable at base ISO. But after reading thoroughly their AF is not as good as canon dual pixel AF. Seems canon still winning on the AF.
Yeah but the 6D Mark II's sensor which is the same in the RP isn't as good as the OG 6D in terms of shadow recovery. Many people complained about that when the 6D Mark II came out, including noise performance.

Yeah in terms of DR, Nikon & Sony is still ahead of Canon. Only the R5/R6 have caught up recently. I love the noise performance in my R6 though, but haven't used it enough to judge it's DR performance yet.
razkal
post Aug 4 2021, 09:13 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(pengster @ Aug 4 2021, 08:21 PM)
Yeah but the 6D Mark II's sensor which is the same in the RP isn't as good as the OG 6D in terms of shadow recovery. Many people complained about that when the 6D Mark II came out, including noise performance.

Yeah in terms of DR, Nikon & Sony is still ahead of Canon. Only the R5/R6 have caught up recently. I love the noise performance in my R6 though, but haven't used it enough to judge it's DR performance yet.
R6 sensor is similar to 1dx right? Seems like a flagship sensor should be excellent. From many videos, reviewers mentioned that R6 sensor tends to give warmish colour to skin tone. Is it true? Also many mentioned is it easier adjust colour from R sensor and less editing required for that part.
pengster
post Aug 5 2021, 05:57 PM

eVoWei™
7,757 posts

QUOTE(razkal @ Aug 4 2021, 09:13 PM)
R6 sensor is similar to 1dx right? Seems like a flagship sensor should be excellent. From many videos, reviewers mentioned that R6 sensor tends to give warmish colour to skin tone. Is it true? Also many mentioned is it easier adjust colour from R sensor and less editing required for that part.
Yeah from what I've read it's the same sensor as the 1DX III but with a different AA filter. My 1DX is the original so can't compare directly laugh.gif So far I haven't noticed any difference in skin tones except when using Lightroom as there are no Canon profiles for it. The Adobe profile really changes the tones in a bad way. That's probably why people say it's easier to edit the R photos. But if you use DPP it's fine.

174 Pages « < 159 160 161 162 163 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0295sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:39 PM