Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Credit Cards Maybankard 2 Gold & Platinum Cards V16, We want 5% cash back - GUARANTEED

views

starry
post Oct 9 2016, 02:12 PM

On my way
510 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 9 2016, 12:52 PM)
It's accepted everywhere but make a habit to call banks before going to overseas. Else, after a few transactions, your card will be temporarily blocked and they have to call you for verification. Wasted more money due to roaming. I had this problem when I was in Japan, forgot to call and after second transaction went through, Maybank already called me.

So, I always encourage people to call before going to overseas. If in Singapore for few days, I won't bother. laugh.gif

To prevent fraud cases, Maybank has blocked online overseas gateway. Anyway, I don't need to call them to unblock for me.
Ooo thanks for the info. I'll be travelling to Japan soon. Will definitely call Maybank before departing.
MilesAndMore
post Oct 9 2016, 06:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 9 2016, 12:52 PM)
It's accepted everywhere but make a habit to call banks before going to overseas. Else, after a few transactions, your card will be temporarily blocked and they have to call you for verification. Wasted more money due to roaming. I had this problem when I was in Japan, forgot to call and after second transaction went through, Maybank already called me.

So, I always encourage people to call before going to overseas. If in Singapore for few days, I won't bother. laugh.gif

To prevent fraud cases, Maybank has blocked online overseas gateway. Anyway, I don't need to call them to unblock for me.
I recently went to Seoul for two weeks and just one day before I left for Seoul, I called all the banks that I have a credit card with like I've always done in the past. But this time the Maybank officer told me that I do not have to call Maybank anymore next time if I want to go overseas as all Maybank credit cards can be used overseas anytime. I do not know how reliable his information is though.

Anyway, I bought two return MAS tickets online last weekend when I was in Seoul and the payment went through just fine and no MSOS was required. However a few days later I tried to reload one of my DiGi prepaid numbers through 11street twice and both were declined. MSOS was required at 11street but even after I had keyed in the PIN sent to me via my mobile phone number both attempts to buy the reload ticket were declined. I ended up using my OCBC Bank credit card for the third attempt and it went through successfully.

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Oct 9 2016, 06:12 PM
fruitie
post Oct 9 2016, 06:19 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,994 posts

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Oct 9 2016, 06:10 PM)
I recently went to Seoul for two weeks and just one day before I left for Seoul, I called all the banks that I have a credit card with like I've always done in the past. But this time the Maybank officer told me that I do not have to call Maybank anymore next time if I want to go overseas as all Maybank credit cards can be used overseas anytime. I do not know how reliable his information is though.

Anyway, I bought two return MAS tickets online last weekend when I was in Seoul and the payment went through just fine and no MSOS was required. However a few days later I tried to reload one of my DiGi prepaid numbers through 11street twice and both were declined. MSOS was required at 11street but even after I had keyed in the PIN sent to me via my mobile phone number both attempts to buy the reload ticket were declined. I ended up using my OCBC Bank credit card for the third attempt and it went through successfully.
I will also try in my next trip to see if the answer is consistent across CS. biggrin.gif
DarReNz
post Oct 10 2016, 11:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,496 posts

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Oct 9 2016, 06:10 PM)

guess Amex payment is still not stable and reliable ... always have intermittent declined issues
TSalexwsk
post Oct 10 2016, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

hye, can I proceed for new thread? Or should I pass the baton to someone else? Thanks.
SubangSales
post Oct 10 2016, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

tnb future payment still cannot boo hoo
cute_boboi
post Oct 10 2016, 03:08 PM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

QUOTE(starry @ Oct 8 2016, 09:32 PM)
I called Maybank before making the transaction but cs informed that I had to make the transaction first. They'd only assist me if transaction failed. So after the transaction was declined, I called them again and was put on hold for 10 minutes and got disconnected after that rclxub.gif
There are difference between:
1) Online transactions with overseas payment gateway.
2) Physically overseas to swipe physically there.

I believe your problem is #1, MBB will require you to swipe, then call CS and they can see the transaction request comes in, then approve it. Then you online transact again with them on the line.
If call disconnect, try again.

If #2, always make it a practise to call MBB when you are at KLIA departure hall to inform the period you will be overseas, which countries, etc. Add a few more days at the end, in case flight delay/natural disaster/etc that you get stuck overseas and need to spend for hotel/food.

edwardccg
post Oct 10 2016, 04:05 PM

Regular
1,311 posts

finally received my pin & pay card for mbb2 and ikhwan.
I can apply for BT offer 12 month via m2u now.
hye
post Oct 10 2016, 04:42 PM

White Tiger
Group Icon
3,267 posts

@alexwsk

You are good to go for a new thread version. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by hye: Oct 10 2016, 04:42 PM
fruitie
post Oct 10 2016, 06:02 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,994 posts

QUOTE(hye @ Oct 10 2016, 04:42 PM)
@alexwsk

CODE
[@alexwsk]

laugh.gif

alexwsk for your information. biggrin.gif
TSalexwsk
post Oct 10 2016, 07:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

QUOTE(hye @ Oct 10 2016, 04:42 PM)
@alexwsk

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 10 2016, 06:02 PM)
CODE
[@alexwsk]

laugh.gif

alexwsk for your information. biggrin.gif
thanks hye and fruitie
tagging me doesn't really work, i subscribed to too many threads, lol
but i do drop by this section almost everyday, provided I'm online

new thread available at https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4078818, please proceed there, thanks again

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:28 PM