I believe Maxis fiasco is still very arrogant and never learn from the unfair treating lesson in the year of 2016.
Few days ago, I just noticed that Maxis is offering the home broadband promotion 30Mbps with RM139. Any customer signing a contract will entitle the below extra new products and services.
- A free better quality Wifi router (black color) vs the older one is (black & white color)
- A free DECT phone
- Unlimited voice call to ALL fixed and mobile networks
- Unlimited iflix access
- Maxpert consultation
Currently, I need to pay the exact amount every month but then only have the 10Mbps speed with NO extra services and better quality product benefits. Therefore, I did chat with the Maxis Customer Service (CS) to check and confirm whether I am entitled for this promotion, since my home broadband service the contract has yet been ended (had already paid for a year, another one year contract remaining). The CS replied with a positive feedback said "CAN" and advised me to visit any Maxis service centre for the upgrading.
Today, when I reached at the Maxis CS centre to request for the upgrade, I was being told that I can only upgrade to 30Mbps with having only the unlimited voice call and iflix access. I am
- Not allowed to replace a better quality wifi router
- No free DECT phone.
However, the current contract will still need to revise and re-bond for 24 months.
It then immediately popped up in my mind, I feel like again Maxis is shamelessly to discriminate and treat the existing customer unfairly. Maxis is so cunning to practice a double standard for 2 group of users that having similar services.
- The existing end user is not being notified for the upgrade. There is no received of promotion notification, letter, SMS and email to inform the existing end user for the upgrade. Base on each existing end user self awareness to request for the upgrade. If the end user did not aware of this upgrade he/she will have to continue paying more (RM139) with less services (10Mbps speed only) and without having the new hardware product benefits until the end of contract period.
- However, if the existing customer does go for the upgrade, he/she will be treated unfairly versus to the new contract signing user. His/Her upgrade is ONLY entitled for services upgrade, new hardware product benefits are not entitled.
- I then questioned Maxis CS, since the existing customer is ONLY allowed for the services upgrade, then why must to renew the existing contract to another 24 months, indeed Maxis should continue execute the remaining months. I then reemphasized if you are insisted to bond the contract for another 24 months then as a customer we should also entitle the new hardware benefits such as the wifi router and DECT phone. The CS replied “NO” it is only for new contract customer. For the existing customer the only way to entitle the hardware is to terminate the current contract with paying the RM500 penalty and then resigning a new contract. Then I answered to the Maxis CS as I had already paid for a year (RM139 x 12) is more than enough to cover the RM500 and don’t forget you are going to renew the contract again for another 24 months. You know what is the Maxis CS reply? This is our T&C during you signing up the contract…….to me this way of arrogant answering seem like they are licensing gangster to operate the business in Malaysia.
- I then continue question the Maxis CS, since Maxis is offering the exact same services to new and existing customer, why the existing customer is being treated so unfairly? The CS is speechless and can’t answer me directly. After that, the CS just redirected me to approach the marketing team and suggested me to write email Maxis.
From the above incident, I can conclude that Maxis such a big corporation, the CS is so unwell trained and acted unprofessionally, also Maxis marketing strategy has no business etiquette that treating the existing customer no value to them, therefore all of usare being treated unfairly versus to the new customer.
fyi, Maxis Fiber Internet is now package RM119 already.