10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

shaniandras2787
post Jul 5 2016, 01:11 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

Just bought a new Tafetta White Accord and was recommended by the sales to do a "coating". Did a search on what "coating" means and understand that it's an additional hard surface to protect the paint and in addition to that, may make the car more aesthetically more appealing because it also makes the car shines?

Google reveals a lot of offerings but unsure which is the best at an affordable price.

Any recommendations?
shaniandras2787
post Aug 22 2016, 09:36 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

Guys, need help =(

My car got stained with those irritating yellow tree sap but all the the, they washed off with ease but this time, i just left a blotch there. I tried to use the Soft 99 cleaner wax and some elbow grease but to no avail.

Attached Image

When I tried to touched it, it sits even with the paint surface but if you shine light at an angle, you can clearly see that it's slightly bulged.

What the hell is this tree sap =(((
shaniandras2787
post Aug 23 2016, 10:42 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(N33d @ Aug 23 2016, 10:28 AM)
clay it, if still cannot then polish, if still cannot then compound, if still cannot then sand laugh.gif
yeah, i read elsewhere and they say clay may do the trick but i think i'm just going to eff it la.... sending my car for coating this weekend so i guess it will be removed during the polishing work.
shaniandras2787
post Sep 7 2016, 04:49 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

anyone heard or use this product before?

http://wanita.cari.com.my/forum.php?mod=vi...ead&tid=1013242

what's this "Ion" coating?
shaniandras2787
post Sep 9 2016, 06:10 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(windskill @ Sep 9 2016, 02:38 PM)
Hmm based on the descriptions, the ion concept is to make the bonding between the paint and wax better.
Heard of this Taihokohzai wax before, but I have never used this before. Probably you can try it out and let us know  biggrin.gif .

If you don't want to take any risk, but you still prefer Japanese wax, you can go for soft99 fusso coat 12 months (年間防水).
I see... i was quite skeptical actually because of the brand. haven't heard of =/

by the way, where can i get this Fusso Coat and at what at price?
shaniandras2787
post Oct 9 2016, 05:16 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

Attached Image

I don't know what happened by "oily stains" appeared after I applied the Soft 99 Fusso Wax (for Dark Colored) cars.

Anyone know why o_O?
shaniandras2787
post Oct 10 2016, 09:09 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ Oct 9 2016, 10:56 PM)
If I'm not mistaken this happen when you apply the wax too thick. It should go away in a day or 2. You might see a white shade later after exposed to heat. Please let me know if white shade happen.

I don't have fusso coat for black car but I do have a generic one which cost only rm10. I believe it works exactly the same like fusso coat for black car.
i see, i see =(

i'm already very light handed already when applying the wax, just a 1/8 of a turn and i applied very light pressure while applying and still this occurred =/

i guess the form applicator that comes with the wax isn't really good -.- i'm going to use the Meguiars applicator for my other parts and see if this problem happens.

thanks for your insight =D i thought for a minute that i "burned" the paint =(

shaniandras2787
post Oct 10 2016, 11:42 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(linkin182 @ Oct 10 2016, 09:40 AM)
You can never burn the paint by hand unless you're sun goku.
Its not about light handed, its the amount of wax you took with the sponge applicator.

A light dab of the sponge/wax is sufficient.
XD "Sun-Goku"

ahh, i already took very little from the can itself. just one-eighth of a turn and I didn't even applied any downward pressure while doing so =/ i "think" i just barely grazed the wax from its can T___T

QUOTE(windskill @ Oct 10 2016, 10:09 AM)
I don't recommend using the sponge that comes with the fusso coat. I feel it's quite rough and not safe to use on paint.
As others have mentioned, the oily stains could be due to thick wax. Or probably you didn't buff-off your wax properly at that spot after wax application?
yeah =/ i feel that the stock applicator has quite a rough texture to the touch but surprisingly, it didn't not leave any swirl or find marring marks on the paint but just to be safe, i'll switch to using the Meguiars applicator pads.

i also thought initially that it was from me not buffing off the wax properly so i tried by applying a thin wax on a small surface area and then immediately wiping it off but the oil stains developed almost immediately -.-
shaniandras2787
post Oct 11 2016, 09:37 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ Oct 10 2016, 06:58 PM)
The next time you top up the wax try to first apply with circular motion with medium pressure follow by horizontal and vertical motion at very light pressure. You should see the wax applied  much more evenly and easier to buff off.  Also avoid doing it when paint is hot.

Anyway,  do you see the a white shade after 24 hours.?
ok, i will keep in mind that =/

hmmm, not sure about the white shade because the car is in my parents home now. it was the car I used previously and now it's given to my parents. i'll check back this weekend =)

i just waxed the bonnet of the car only so i'm going to was the roof this week =)
shaniandras2787
post Apr 18 2017, 03:53 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

I got a question for all the sifus here.

I noticed that my car has these streaks like marks on the door panels, it's not very visible and can only be seen at particular angle.

As far as I know, i didn't leave the car shampoo to dry on them before rinsing away and the car is waxed so water just flow right off =/ i just don't know why they appeared there.

Cannot be removed through eventhough i applied some pressure with my fingers and rubbed on them =/
shaniandras2787
post Apr 18 2017, 04:38 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(g88 @ Apr 18 2017, 04:36 PM)
any photo ? what colour is your car and did you expose it to rain ? what product u applied ?
i'll share a photo later when i go back home.

it's a white colored car and no, i didn't expose it to rain. spent 90% of the time indoors/covered car parks.

i currently use Magic 101's Glo-White shampoo and Soft 99 's 12 Month's fusso wax.
shaniandras2787
post Apr 19 2017, 09:29 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(g88 @ Apr 18 2017, 04:36 PM)
any photo ? what colour is your car and did you expose it to rain ? what product u applied ?
the picture as requested.

Attached Image
shaniandras2787
post Apr 19 2017, 10:30 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(g88 @ Apr 19 2017, 10:15 AM)
The wax is the dirt 'magnet' even it provide very good water sheeting. your 10% somehow created the mark.
QUOTE(g88 @ Apr 19 2017, 10:20 AM)
it doesnt look like dirty film, more like oil stain etc ?
hmm.gif if what you said that waxes are dirt "magnet", does this mean that the "stain" will go away eventually when the wax wears off?

I don't think so it's oil stain though because if it is then smudges will appear if I run my fingers over them but they seemed to be quite embedded and very determine to not go away =/

Initially I thought those were stains left behind by dried up car shampoo but I don't wash my car under direct sunlight and i don't leave them long enough for them to to dry up and plus, if these were stains left behind my dried shampoo, they can also be easily remove on my next wash but somehow, they don't =/

shaniandras2787
post Apr 19 2017, 10:31 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(knwong @ Apr 19 2017, 10:24 AM)
I saw video in my FB that there's new washing type call steam car wash, basically using only steam.

First time I know of it, anyone know whether is it a gimmick or real deal?
I don't trust all these "new age" car wash method. It just doesn't sound right especially those "waterless car wash" laugh.gif it literally means "scratch your car".
shaniandras2787
post Apr 19 2017, 10:47 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(knwong @ Apr 19 2017, 10:35 AM)
In the video I saw got steam come out.
do you mind sharing the video here?

by the way, the first step before washing your car is to rinse and spray off all those loose particles on the car which may cause scratching and if this "steam car wash" doesn't have that as the first step then I think i'll be the one steaming looking at the end result of the car wash.

then again, what's the benefit of this?

I mean for iron, the steam enables the clothes to be pressed down to achieve a flat neat surface and for most applications, steams are used to somewhat "disinfect" but to a car o_O?
shaniandras2787
post Apr 19 2017, 10:50 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(gfwong @ Apr 19 2017, 10:45 AM)
Reputable rinseless wash like Optimum No Rinse wash works quite well without scratching the surfaces.
So do reputable waterless washes from Meguiar's, Ultima, Optimum.
I've tested all of them with no problem though on moderately dirty surface.

But there is nothing wrong sticking with the old 2 bucket wash method, as long as you feel comfortable and enjoy doing it. Those are the safest method.  smile.gif
:haha: maybe i'm very "uncle" but I just can't bring myself to trust all these "new age" washing method.

I just cannot brain how can a car paint not scratch if there are loose particles (ie. loose sands) on it and when you literally just wipe it over (no matter with what liquid) it will not graze against the paint =/

Unless the solution applied can dissolve these particulars prior to the wipe then yeah T___T
shaniandras2787
post Apr 19 2017, 11:10 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(windskill @ Apr 19 2017, 10:56 AM)
I saw your photo and it has something to do with Soft99 12 Month Fusso Coat + 10% outdoor parking. I believe during your 10% outdoor time, you exposed to rain and sun repeatedly and that's why you have those dark stains which are not removable through normal car wash. Correct?

I realized Soft99 12 Month Fusso Coat has this issue. So, the best way to remove the dark stain is to use the existing wax to perform cleaning (which I don't really suggest this way) or to use wax cleaner (eg: meta-clean, etc.) to remove the embedded stains. Try it smile.gif
Not really, in the 10%, 1 time out of 10 that my car get hits by the rain. I tend not to drive out during the rain and these are not dark stains (which you normally see on white cars after rain. These stains are faint and create a blurry appearance on the surface, almost like the aftermath after you have applied Soft 99 Cleaner & Polish.

Plus, it's only on one side of the car and is not found anywhere else so if it is condition/weather triggered, by right these faint stains will be found all over the car right =/ which is why I don't think it's the Fusso coat that's causing the problem. My entire hood is laced with Fusso coat and is clear and the hood is the largest surface of the car which gets hit by sun and rain =(

However, I will try to use a wax cleaner to see if the stains can be removed =/ any recommended product?

shaniandras2787
post Apr 19 2017, 12:13 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(g88 @ Apr 19 2017, 11:48 AM)
PTTE - the chemical properties of fusso coat is not easy or cannot be 'melted' off/easily = good bonding hence it will take long time for it to wear off (good side is LONGER durability)..so pros and cons its there.

If you mentioned smudges appear = highly possible the surface wasn't proper prepare (clean) or the product not being apply/buff off well...

is your paintwork original ?
if the stains will go away together with the wax then at least i know it's not something permanent =/

the paintwork is original, Tafetta White and I applied the Fusso Coat few weeks after I got the car so chances are, the paint is still quite "clean", i did a thorough claying though before applying too.

initially, i also thought that it could be from improper buffing off the wax but it appears unlikely because the "smudges" are in streaks rather than patches. Fusso Coat is in paste form :T____T:

#atwitsends
shaniandras2787
post Apr 19 2017, 12:16 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(g88 @ Apr 19 2017, 11:54 AM)
its not an 'issue' for Fussocoat but its CHARACTERISTIC of product. I am sure most of you experience your hand become STICKY after apply the product thru the applicator = very bonding to paintwork BUT downside its become MAGNET to dust and dirt even it still bead well after x months....so all product has pros and cons....

Yes you need cleaner wax to move the STAIN (partially remove the product)....UNLESS you have coating then polisher with HAND will not able to remove the coating....thats the PROS of it.
Nope, no coating on the car.

Any mild cleaner wax that won't hurt the paintwork to recommend?

I think i'm going to try removing it and see whether it works or not then after that reapply the fusso coat again.
shaniandras2787
post Nov 22 2017, 04:16 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

Guys, need help identifying what is this "spot" that appeared out of nowhere on my leather steering.

Attached Image

It wasn't there yesterday afternoon and today morning but just "miraculously" appeared just a while ago.

It's not dirt and even if i tried to wipe it away with water and applied slightly pressure on it, it just won't go away. I don't know but it looks like "peeling" or deterioration.

Anyone seen this before?

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0372sec    0.28    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:35 AM