Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

nuttyking91
post Mar 18 2016, 06:49 PM

Enthusiast
956 posts

Hi all sifus. My car have been recently hit with bird poo. I have removed the poo within 24 hrs but due to the extreme hot weather nowadays, there's etch marks on the car's paint. cry.gif I've run my hands through the etching and there's no rough edges or scratches around the area. I have done some research about this and some ppl said using a lubricant with a claybar can help to reduce or remove the etching to a minimum, followed by waxing. Any other suggestions on this issue? notworthy.gif
nuttyking91
post Jan 13 2019, 09:51 PM

Enthusiast
956 posts

QUOTE(douglas_tong @ Jan 7 2019, 10:28 AM)
For those who are considering if they would want to have their cars coated or not.

1) Please forget about the longevity of the coating or so they proclaim.
What you should be seeking for is how well is the after-sales service. If after-sales service is good, your car is in good hands. Ideally, you want to seek for service, not just product feature alone.

2) Understand the coating package. 1 year, 2 years, 5 years or so, prices will vary. Again, ditch the mentality of durability of coating. Basically operators are selling service, and according to your budget or selection,  that's how long your car will be taken care of. Any shine that comes after that is a bonus.

3) Understand the terms and condition of the warranty.
If you pick a 3 years coating package, operator has to honour that 3 years. So please understand what is covered and what is not. If they are selling 3 years warranty but only give 1 year of free "maintenance", basically the package is 1 year, not 3 years. Please and I stress upon this: Ask about if the warranty is on water beading on or the shine & gloss. Most maintenance will involve spraying a layer of sealant. Once sealant wears out, there will no longer be water beading. But gloss is entirely different. (long story short - gloss is also part of the feature of the presence of coating, not just water beading)

4) Understand what you are getting into.
Deciding which service provider means subscribing to their service. It also means entrusting them to take good care of your car for the number of years you are subscribing to. (much like signing up digi plan for 2 years la.)

5) Coated cars are not invincible
As discussed, also prone to waterspots and scratches la. It's not a product whereby after application it will increase your car's armor. It's similar to assigning of a beautician for your car. That doesn't mean you don't have to take good care of your car too. I advise washing it with 2 bucket + grit guard method if you really want to retain that shine. For everything else, go back to your service provider.

Bonus
If you have spare time on hand, DIY! Detailing can be quick and simple. Sometimes, a well taken cared car will outshine a coated car too.
wow wow. well said notworthy.gif

No matter what the coatings claim to do, one has to constantly take care of the care if they want to maintain the level of paint job as new. weekly or bi weekly wash with waxing once a while is a must. Proper washing techniques with clean microfiber cloths is also a must to minimise swirl marks and light scratches. Also take note if you park under a tree (try to minimise that) or parked under a hot sun. notworthy.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0300sec    0.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:17 AM