Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

evilhomura89
post Apr 11 2019, 09:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

Has always been a lurker in this thread, thanks to everyone for sharing their detailing tips and tricks.
Just thought I should share something in return - for those who stock up their detailing products online, shopee is having a 15% discount code for products under the automotive category
CODE
SHPAUTO15

Save Extra 15% Off For Automotive Category / Use Promo Code In The Shopping Bag To Enjoy An Offer / .Com.My / Valid till 30 Apr 2019, 11.59pm with $30 min spend. Valid for one-time use for products under automotive category only

evilhomura89
post Jun 16 2019, 03:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

Guys, I need some inputs regarding my current paint issue:
Bought a second hand car, it was already coated by previous owner but I'm not sure what kind of coating it is. Water beads and slides off perfectly even after 10 months of ownership, which I'm quite happy. But if looked carefully, I've noticed the coating finishing job is a little shabby. It has some bits of very light brown patches - probably from insufficient buffing during the coating application. Under natural light, its a little hard to see the patches since it is a white car.

Talked to a local detailer regarding the patches, they said those can be fixed easily via 1-step polishing but I'll definitely lose the beading and sheeting ability. What do you guys recommend? Should I keep one eye close on the patches and maintain the water beading/sheeting OR get it polish and do regular waxing maintenance?

This post has been edited by evilhomura89: Jun 16 2019, 03:26 PM
evilhomura89
post Sep 27 2019, 08:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

Given the recent haze, I noticed a layer of dirt formed on the surface of my white car. Using barehands it can be rubbed off but it is not possible to remove it via normal DIY car wash.

Do you guys think it's easier with a pressure jet at those car wash or I'll need to use chemicals to get rid of it?
evilhomura89
post Jul 1 2020, 09:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

Guys, need some advice/opinion here
I came across this car wax ad on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2653080791639768

I was wondering has anyone tried it before?

It's not cheap and it's imported from Taiwan. Nonetheless, the video seems pretty convincing. From the video, it seems the wax are meant to be applied wet and I'm wondering if there are other brands of car wax that are similar to this. Please advise before i waste my money on it.

This post has been edited by evilhomura89: Jul 1 2020, 09:31 PM
evilhomura89
post Jul 2 2020, 01:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jul 2 2020, 08:25 AM)
The beads on the Skoda looks impressive.

Then again, it is paste wax. So results tend to be quite good.

I would say given the convenience and time spent, a spray wax would also give similar results. Don't even need to let it cure and just buff off immediately, like Meg's HCW.

Anyways, how much roughly would the Taiwanese wax cost?

If it's sub RM100, might as well get Soft 99 Paste Wax/Kiwami type.
I saw it was selling for close to RM180 on shopee including shipping - https://shopee.com.my/Lm-Car-Wax-Plus-Car-W...6326.6129031310

evilhomura89
post Jul 2 2020, 01:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jul 2 2020, 01:38 PM)
Wow, quite a price indeed.

I would probably suggest looking at alternatives available here and still have change to spare if based on that pricing.
i still have 1/4 bottle of sonax bsd left
that should do the trick as faster spray wax alternative
evilhomura89
post Jul 2 2020, 02:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jul 2 2020, 01:57 PM)
Wow, another BSD user. That's great.

I still have like > half remaining.

I quite like the thickness of the product though.
do let us know how does the fusso coat spray compares to BSD once you've tried it
evilhomura89
post Oct 31 2021, 07:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

Any Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer (BSD) (287 400) fans here?

Just thought I should share this - I found some "ridiculously cheap" Sonax BSD (~RM50) on Shopee (but they're shipped from Vietnam).
I said "ridiculously cheap" because Sonax BSD is being sold at RM150 in the Malaysian official store.

Are these fake products?
Or are we being ripped off by the local distributor?

I got curious and did a google search to see how much is Sonax BSD in US as a point of reference
US $12.95 (~RM54) - https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-brilliant-shine-detailer.html
RRP US $16.99 (~RM70) - https://www.sonaxusa.com/sonax-quick-detail-spray.html
11 EUR (~RM52) - https://www.amazon.de/-/en/SONAX-287400-XTR...373&sr=8-3&th=1

What do you guys think?
Either way I've placed an order for two Sonax items, both shipped from Vietnam. Will update once received.
evilhomura89
post Nov 2 2021, 02:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

QUOTE(g88 @ Nov 2 2021, 10:47 AM)
can share the link ?
There's quite a few vietnam based seller selling the same stuff at the same price range
Won't be sharing any links as i don't want to be accused of promoting certain seller or what but here's what you can do:

Go to shopee and search for "Sonax Brilliant Shine", filter by shipped from oversea and sort them from low to high
Attached Image

I went to shopee.vn and did a search for "Sonax Brilliant Shine"
Search results returned with the item listed for around 200,000-220,000 vietnamese dong (which is about ~RM40)

I've been observing similar pricing for Sonax's other products as well.

This post has been edited by evilhomura89: Nov 2 2021, 02:23 PM
evilhomura89
post Nov 13 2021, 12:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 13 2021, 05:53 AM)
oh yes if you've seen my previous posts, i'm a huge fan of BSD biggrin.gif

not a fan of their new distributor pricing though, easily 2-3 times from what it used to cost.

Looking forward to your feedback on those Vietnam ones! notworthy.gif
Just received the Sonax Air Aid ytd, the BSD is still otw since I ordered from different store.
Items looks genuine from the outside but the content I'm not sure
Only downside is I didn't get to choose the flavor of the scent - received the ocean fresh scent. Would have preferred to original one tho.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
evilhomura89
post Nov 13 2021, 12:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

QUOTE(Waliuuu @ Nov 5 2021, 04:19 PM)
May I know if you are using rubber or silicone wiper? I had original rubber wiper from factory before, didn't had any judder issue but the coating can't last long enough and wiper itself also didn't last.. Then I switched over to silicone wiper, the coating can last more than a year but wiper judders if the windscreen is not wet enough.. I'm guessing the material and the length matters? If too long the arm cannot provide enough force to press the wiper down, resulting in judder?  hmm.gif
I had the same issue too, initially I thought my windscreen is not clean or the coating from previous owner is wearing out or the wiper blade is too long (too much surface area to cover). I tried polishing the windscreen clean but it doesn't help much. I'm using PIAA Si Tech wiper which works well when new but after a year it started to judder as well. One of the last resort I tried was graphite powder and surprisingly it fixed my problem.

See if you can find any graphite powder
I got mine from taobao, they're dirt cheap, maybe u can find them on shopee. Graphite powder is usually used for lubricating key locks

What I did was, pour some graphite powder onto tissue paper then wipe them on the wiper blades so the blades are coated with a layer of graphite. If u want even better lubrication, with the remnants of graphite on ur tissue paper, wipe your windscreen with it.

That's should eliminate all judders even when windscreen is dry
evilhomura89
post Nov 13 2021, 09:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

QUOTE(Waliuuu @ Nov 13 2021, 12:51 PM)
Woah even PIAA's wiper judder.. I think rubber/ silicone/ hybrid wiper, all still can't resist the almighty UV ray hahaha. 
And thanks for the tips! Will try the graphite powder  icon_idea.gif
But one thing good about silicone wiper is they don't crack or streak easily
But they are "sticky" and prone to juddering on windscreen that are not clean or coated with some repellent
evilhomura89
post Dec 8 2021, 02:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

QUOTE(evilhomura89 @ Nov 2 2021, 02:17 PM)
There's quite a few vietnam based seller selling the same stuff at the same price range
Won't be sharing any links as i don't want to be accused of promoting certain seller or what but here's what you can do:

Go to shopee and search for "Sonax Brilliant Shine", filter by shipped from oversea and sort them from low to high
Attached Image

I went to shopee.vn and did a search for "Sonax Brilliant Shine"
Search results returned with the item listed for around 200,000-220,000 vietnamese dong (which is about ~RM40)

I've been observing similar pricing for Sonax's other products as well.
just thought that i'll give an update here regarding the Sonax BSD

After 1 month, i didn't receive it, the sonax BSD parcel was declared lost by shopee's delivery service provider
Not seller's fault and I got refunded promptly by shopee since it was a lost parcel

Maybe I'll buy again since the other sonax item (Sonax AirAid) i bought from vietnam arrived within 2 weeks and seems to worked fine

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0416sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:03 PM