Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

chaics85
post Mar 18 2016, 01:25 PM

On my way
698 posts

hi sifus.. anyone use the meguiars g3200 brilliant solution before?
pic: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zi...p1L._SY355_.jpg

how many times can i wax a sedan (let say god car) with that 6oz ulti. wax?
chaics85
post Sep 20 2016, 11:40 AM

On my way
698 posts

anyone can recommend any wheel cleaner for rim and tyre that are off the selves? or any online site from malaysia only.

no idea how to clean the tyre now. only use water and brush. but it seems like its still very dirty when i apply meguiars tire gel. the pads become so black.. doh.gif
chaics85
post Oct 9 2016, 11:52 AM

On my way
698 posts

What do you guys do after waxing your car. put it under the sun for sunbathe? or ..?

yesterday morning i did a wash with meg. wash & wax, clayed the front end of my car, meg. polish and ULW the front only. finish the whole front end at noon.

in the afternoon, went to work, it started to rain. this morning when i look at the waxed area, it doesnt feel as smooth anymore. did the rain just washed off the wax?
chaics85
post Aug 13 2017, 12:03 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(lkoky @ Aug 8 2017, 05:55 PM)
Osren  Da8 720
Perfect cut 20 (300ml)  32
Nao compound (300ml) 37
5.5" microfiber cutting pad  75
5.5 force disc white    50
IPA 1L  27
Buffing clothes x3  18

Price above excl GST
is the DA good? feels like getting one too. will be first time using machine. or any recommendations from u all?
chaics85
post May 3 2018, 05:06 PM

On my way
698 posts

went to a detailing dealer few weeks back and i ask for a paint correction work on my 3yr old jazz. he told me they will only able to do a 20% correction and their reason is doing a 100% swirl free correction will burn the clear coat of the vehicle and was told it is not recommended to do so.

my question is, is it true that correcting the paint will burn our clear coat or paint? i was actually quite surprise only 20% correction can be done.
chaics85
post May 4 2018, 05:05 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(douglas_tong @ May 3 2018, 05:47 PM)
It depends on how much clear cost you have left or rather how bad the swirls is on your car.

Did he use any tools to inspect on the paint thickness?

Where are you based at? Come Lim peh help you check if you are near subang/pj.
nope. didnt even look at the car. Just quoted me a price and inform they are not able to make it swirl free. just wanna ask, is the Honda taffeta white clear coated? or its a single stage paint?

i'm from sarawak, cant come out lim teh. biggrin.gif

was thinking of correcting it myself. gonna get the Osren DA first and slowly learn on the techniques

chaics85
post Nov 9 2018, 02:15 PM

On my way
698 posts

does car windscreen scratches easily? anything that we can do to minimize it?

recently bought bosch aerotwin wipers for my jazz and did a quick rainx treatment on the windscreen. during raining, both wipers keeps jumping, so i decided to clean it with soft99 glass stain cleaner to clean off all the rainx that i applied and leaves the windscreen naked without any protection.

after few months, i found that my windscreen is full of scratches from the wipers. what did i do wrong? help. TQ.
chaics85
post Feb 15 2020, 10:00 AM

On my way
698 posts

bros. is it ok to remove existing wax with sunlight dish washer? Gonna rewax the whole car.
chaics85
post Feb 15 2020, 05:20 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 15 2020, 10:37 AM)
For me, yes. Some would say use all purpose cleaner for car is more suitable.
QUOTE(teikchuan @ Feb 15 2020, 01:55 PM)
It can , but the cleaning ability is weak , you need to wash twice or more , it may only diminish a wax but it cant really remove COMPLETELY
Becareful dont let it dry on surface or any rubber/trim , it may stain.
thanks guys.

Let say if i dont wanna use dish soap, is it recommended to put another layer of wax on top of the existing wax? my car went for 2 stage polishing last year around August.
chaics85
post Jan 19 2024, 10:20 AM

On my way
698 posts

Guys. Should i get an Osren DA polisher (now got offer with 11 foc items) or get a SPTA DA polisher for a start as a weekend warrior.

Price for SPTA is half of Osren. wonder how well will it be.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0363sec    0.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:33 PM