Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

acefreakz
post Mar 8 2016, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 8 2016, 11:28 AM)
nah only mods/admins etc can do topic pinning/unpinning.
so no need do anything (just letting you know that you might have seen a report in your topic)

and no worries, it's been replaced with a bike wink.gif
it's been awhile bro! sorry for the loss man. good to hear you're ok! post of pic of the detailed bike plz biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by acefreakz: Mar 8 2016, 11:55 AM
acefreakz
post Mar 8 2016, 11:54 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(douglas_tong @ Mar 8 2016, 11:41 AM)
washing with pressure washer, yay or nay? Been reading a lot of opinion on this.

Even when I practice weekly wash, dirt can be very generous in Malaysia environment, or at least on my car. Been getting wash marrings even with 2 buckets grit guard system. (rinse bucket has 2 grit guards, solution has 1) Even top up my shampoo to make thicker solution and replace wash mitt every now and then
I have seen car come in nice condition with little swirls and marring. After APC washing a panel, the defects shown up like 'wow wtf', there's some serious masking of defects =P Not sure if this is your case, just sharing hahaha xD
acefreakz
post Mar 15 2016, 06:23 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Edlois @ Mar 15 2016, 12:01 AM)
Hi gus/sifus!!! i just wash clay and wax my car the other day, i found out that on my roof and bonnet i saw alot of swirls marks. i was terrifies of polishing my car because:

1. im not a experience detailer, polishing will only create more swirl mark.
2. i dont have any polishing machine.

i know there's some type called polish and some called compound. i know polish is removing a thin layer of dirt/defected clear coat to review the fresh under layer. Do regular polish will affect the clear coat alot ?

im having a 2011 vios E

any suggestions ? advice for any product that affordable lah~ haha College guy here.

currently having a fresh layer of Wax.
get a DA for urself if u really care abt the swirls smile.gif I have been using Shinemate ERO600 for 3 years. It's awesome for light correction. IIRC it's priced around RM600 (Sabah), not sure the current price lol.

user posted image

Then get urself a Meguiar's Ultimate Polish (RM90?, it will last u almost forever lol) as it's a user friendly entry level product imo.

Welcome to the club =P

Do regular polish will affect the clear coat alot ? < no, if u know what ur doing smile.gif
acefreakz
post Mar 16 2016, 05:59 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(antzan @ Mar 16 2016, 04:57 PM)
Dear Sifu,

My kelisa black bonnet, left right fender and roof kena simen dropping from nearby condo construction.

Furthermore the stupid worker try to scrap off the dry simen off makin it worse like wiping flour off your black pants..sad.gif

Any advice on the paint job to be done?
try distilled vinegar.
acefreakz
post Apr 25 2016, 10:06 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(aori67 @ Apr 25 2016, 09:52 AM)
Hi Sifu Sifu sekalian, where can i buy the halogen lamp stand in malaysia?
Halogen one not sure lol. LED one you can try Osren.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0363sec    0.62    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 9th December 2021 - 09:18 AM