Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

STEALYOURGLORY
post Dec 18 2018, 01:27 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

Hello Guys! Newbie here.. icon_rolleyes.gif

I need some help.. icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

I am having a 8 month old car.. Feel like wanna coat the car because scared the paint will start to fade.. cry.gif

Iam having a plan. whistling.gif whistling.gif

1) Wash the car (Waxco Wash&Wax)
2) Clay bar the car (Soft 99)
3) Polish the car with the machine (Any suggestion for the polish to be used?)
4) Wash the car (Remove the polish residue)
5) Apply the coating ( 1st layer with Mr.Fix coat 2nd layer with any other brand sprayer)
6) Wax the car (Soft 99)

Any Sifu can check whether this are the correct steps? icon_question.gif
Is Waxing in the last part is important? hmm.gif

Hope to get replies from you guys.. thumbsup.gif

Thanks! notworthy.gif

STEALYOURGLORY
post Dec 18 2018, 02:40 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 18 2018, 02:27 PM)
The steps look mostly okay. However, just zooming into some details:

Step 2: U will also need clay lubricant, a budget option is Optimum No-Rinse Wash&Shine.
Step 3: U can try ask Osren or SGCB on machine recommendations as they are based on your budget also. U will also need polishing cream, pads, and microfiber cloths for buffing after each polishing round.
Step 5: Perhaps u should go and watch how ppl do coating at shops first before attempting DIY coating. It is a very tedious process, and wrong technique can result in requiring u to strip the coating and reapply again.
Ok sir. will get a clay bar lubricant too

Any polishing cream brand sir? How about soft 99?

Yes sir. I got watch couple of videos in the YouTube too..

Any suggestion what coat to apply sir? Is Mr.Fix's coat ok?

STEALYOURGLORY
post Dec 18 2018, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(douglas_tong @ Dec 18 2018, 04:34 PM)
Go enter giveaway contest by OSREN la. Announcing soon. But already give teaser lol
My Webpage

Must get OSREN only ah?

How about the machine in the link?
STEALYOURGLORY
post Dec 19 2018, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 18 2018, 09:58 PM)
For polishing cream I generally would recommend Meguiars, mainly because I have most experience with them and know how they work pretty much inside out. However, as Meguiars polishes can be pricey, there are also plenty of other brands that u could consider like Osren, Cartec, Menzerna.

Personally, I would not suggest applying DIY coating unless u are more experienced in car detailing. I wouldnt know if Mr.Fix's coating is good or not, for that u have to read the reviews. But I do know coating application is a tedious and time consuming process, and I would prefer to recommend u to apply something simpler such as paste wax or spray sealant as a starting point. Coating application alone could take hours, and curing also needs at least 24-48 hours. Plenty of microfiber buffing cloths are required, as some of them will eventually be thrown away after the coating residue hardens on the cloth because it cannot wash off.

If u still feel that u want to apply coating, then perhaps make sure u have enough extra applicator pads and microfiber towels first.
Hmmm..Looke like a big risk too.. mega_shok.gif

I waxed my car using turtle wax and it do not last long (2week only) hmm.gif

Spray sealant whats that? can explain abit? icon_question.gif
STEALYOURGLORY
post Dec 20 2018, 12:12 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 19 2018, 03:23 PM)
That depends on what car u drive. If its Asian car (Japan/Korea/Malaysia), u only need to buy the Bosch Clear Advantage. But if your car is Western make (US, Europe), then u require Bosch Aerotwin. The clips are different.
A sealant is basically a synthetic protection liquid that provides more protection durability compared to traditional car waxes. A typical car wax may last between 1 week to 2 months, a sealant can last between 1 month to 4 months. Even though the argument could be durability can be subjective depending on how u care for your car, what is commonly agreed is a car sealant is more durable than wax.

https://www.best-auto-detailing-tips.com/ca...nt-sealant.html
https://www.goldeagle.com/tips-tools/what-i...-paint-sealant/

So before u may pop the next question of recommendation, let me just share there are numerous good quality car sealants in the market. The 2 popular ones are Carpro Reload and Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. Feel free to find reviews about them on youtube and compare.
LOL!! Thanks bro rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

STEALYOURGLORY
post May 4 2022, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(storky20 @ May 4 2022, 11:13 AM)
Anyone has any tips to remove oil/grease on windshield?

Went outstation for 4-5 days and parked outdoors at a relative's place on top of a hill. When I came back I noticed that there was oil/grease on my windshield even after using the demister (in case it's actually condensation).

Used Soft99 Glass Stain Cleaner but didn't really help, as it's still present. A bit hazardous to drive at night now cause most lights have a 'halo' effect on them.

Any advice? Or maybe a car wash place that is able to help?

Thanks bros.
Dishwashing Axion maybe?

STEALYOURGLORY
post May 4 2022, 05:08 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(storky20 @ May 4 2022, 04:56 PM)
Never tried before, effective ke?  hmm.gif
Actually yes. I got tried before. I applied some cheap rain repellent and my wiper started to judger badly.
So i used the Axion paste and removed the repellent and after that it was back to normal already

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0295sec    0.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:40 PM