Car Care & Detailing [V2]

Car Care & Detailing [V3]

Car Care & Detailing [V4]

Shine on
TSKrisMas
post Mar 8 2016, 09:57 AM

0 posts

Guides, FAQs, etc.
(Articles/Suggestions with links are most welcome)
TSKrisMas
post Mar 8 2016, 09:58 AM

0 posts

[-Reserved for TT, Gatherings, Events, etc-]
TSKrisMas
post Mar 8 2016, 10:02 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(busta_dude @ Mar 8 2016, 09:58 AM)
FIRSTTTTT....Still looking forward for DG901.
Hopefully tomorrow bro...

@Quazacolt....do your stuff.... sweat.gif sweat.gif

This post has been edited by KrisMas: Mar 8 2016, 10:04 AM
TSKrisMas
post Mar 8 2016, 11:17 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 8 2016, 10:30 AM)
i think you also received report notification and that would be to pin the topic.

thread owners now having a lot of options/notification for thread moderating (to lighten up the moderators' loads wink.gif )
Errr...do I need to do anything?

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Mar 8 2016, 10:31 AM)
basically changing full time to bikes now since i total loss the inspira lol
YOU DID WHAT??!! *sigh* Sorry for your loss...that would be difficult to replace... shocking.gif
TSKrisMas
post Mar 8 2016, 03:23 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(douglas_tong @ Mar 8 2016, 11:41 AM)
washing with pressure washer, yay or nay? Been reading a lot of opinion on this.

Even when I practice weekly wash, dirt can be very generous in Malaysia environment, or at least on my car. Been getting wash marrings even with 2 buckets grit guard system. (rinse bucket has 2 grit guards, solution has 1) Even top up my shampoo to make thicker solution and replace wash mitt every now and then
Pressure washer works wonders on tyres and wheel wells, but on paint, I don't see much of an advantage unless you do lots of 'off-roading'... biggrin.gif

May I suggest you try using more solution rather than thicker/stronger shampoo mix...soak the panel with some of it before washing and use more soapy water on your wash mitt. And since you've already got the washing part well covered, you might want to look into your drying system/method as well. We all know about 'wash-induced' swirls but don't forget about 'drying-induced' swirls....
TSKrisMas
post Mar 9 2016, 08:44 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Mar 8 2016, 06:47 PM)
OMG 'drying-induced' swirls....". What causes it. I use only waffle weave to lightly wipe over the panel as drying aid, will it cause any swirls/scratches?
I've just polish the front panel and use the new pp365, just after 5 or 10 mins after its done, it started to rain. the whole car are wet. So it the pp365 affect gone?  rclxub.gif  as i readed some where it need some curing time
Going OCD, plenty of causes for 'drying-induced' swirls. Dirty towel, *seasoned* towel where the fibres are a little bit hardened/stiff, dust/dirt particles settling on the paint after washing and before drying, drying method, etc...etc. Going even more OCD, once anything touches the paint, there would be chances for swirls/scratches. We can only MINIMIZE them by taking all the necessary steps and care. Rule of thumb is WORK CLEAN and PROPER TECHNIQUES. Make sure the towel is good and clean, and wipe as lightly as possible. Some people I know even use an air blower to blow the water off instead of using a towel..... shocking.gif

Most effective technique would be by 'blotting' instead of 'dragging'/'wiping' - you can use any cloth that can absorb water and don't have to resort to getting those 'specialty' drying cloth. But to tell you the truth, I myself seldom use that technique...too slow...hahahaha.
TSKrisMas
post Mar 11 2016, 03:23 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(bo093 @ Mar 11 2016, 12:40 PM)
Dang, price like that turn off for me.
Wanna learn on rotary seem a bit scary for me though sad.gif
Actually, it's not as scary as people made it sounds like....all you need it just somebody to guide you and a test panel. When I first started, my guide was youtube and my test panel was my in-laws neglected Nissan 120Y.... tongue.gif
TSKrisMas
post Mar 15 2016, 08:35 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Axile @ Mar 14 2016, 11:24 AM)
Dear sifus,

I have cleaned my car > clay > polish.

During the polish process, I used Soft99 Cleaner & Polish (blue tin). I found out that the sponge is dirty with black dirt. My question is, I thought claying process already removed all dirt but why during polishing, I can see my sponge becoming black.  hmm.gif
Claying would 'shear off' contaminant embedded ON TOP OF the surface of the paint. It does not remove contaminant inside the pores of the paint. The sponge is dirty because by polishing, you're removing those contaminant.

QUOTE(mot88 @ Mar 14 2016, 10:01 PM)
Thank you for the tinkle but it has been discussed before and it is Mark 1 (first generation). 

Rupes LHR 15E - 15mm orbit (Mark I) RM 1400 [special offer]
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3334337/+2580
Regardless, the 'Mark I' LHR15E is more than good enough for pro or pro-sumer and RM1400 is a very good price indeed.

QUOTE(Edlois @ Mar 15 2016, 12:01 AM)
Hi gus/sifus!!! i just wash clay and wax my car the other day, i found out that on my roof and bonnet i saw alot of swirls marks. i was terrifies of polishing my car because:

1. im not a experience detailer, polishing will only create more swirl mark.
2. i dont have any polishing machine.

i know there's some type called polish and some called compound. i know polish is removing a thin layer of dirt/defected clear coat to review the fresh under layer. Do regular polish will affect the clear coat alot ?

im having a 2011 vios E

any suggestions ? advice for any product that affordable lah~ haha College guy here.

currently having a fresh layer of Wax.
If you don't know what you're doing, better send it to the pro. But if you can't afford to and still want to do it, go slowly, learn about the steps, products, methods, etc. before you start so that you don't create more harm than good. You can start by learning how to apply a sealant (liquid). Then look for a mild polish and try it out since polishing and applying sealant utilise the same techniqe except for the pressure during 'application'. When you've achieve a satisfactory result with a mild polish then you can start looking into using a compound to remove the rest of the deeper defects.

Good luck.
TSKrisMas
post Mar 15 2016, 10:11 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Yangazhar @ Mar 15 2016, 09:15 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Cannot open....
TSKrisMas
post Mar 24 2016, 08:46 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(antzan @ Mar 23 2016, 11:00 AM)
thanks sifu  thumbsup.gif rclxms.gif ,

What can i get for RM1000 job paint?

what your advice on the paint job?newbie here... hmm.gif  icon_question.gif
For a good quality paint job...for RM1000 you might be able to do a couple of door panels... tongue.gif tongue.gif

I would be very wary if anybody (commercial shops) say they can do one whole car for RM1000...even for re-clear coating only....
TSKrisMas
post Mar 30 2016, 08:34 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(xngjn @ Mar 29 2016, 09:54 PM)
is it ok to clean a waxed car with just plain water without using car shampoo?
Not ok....not recommended... tongue.gif
TSKrisMas
post Aug 13 2018, 02:14 PM

0 posts

Elo everybody...newbie here... wave.gif wave.gif wave.gif
TSKrisMas
post Aug 14 2018, 02:58 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(roxx @ Aug 14 2018, 10:31 AM)
Huyoooooo.. long time didnt see sifu here..  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
Wow...good to see you're still around and this thread is still alive...LONG LIVE DETAILING.... biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0355sec    0.56    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th December 2021 - 02:05 AM