Idiotking
post Nov 20 2018, 07:23 AM

0 posts

Anyone using 3D product??
Idiotking
post Nov 20 2018, 09:19 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(TT22 @ Nov 19 2018, 12:28 PM)
Best recommendation for car wash liquid, tyre and body wax?
You can consider 3D car care product from USA too. Which perform good, point is cheaper than meguiar.
Idiotking
post Nov 22 2018, 11:13 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(douglas_tong @ Nov 22 2018, 03:53 PM)
mind sharing a photo of the scratch from inside-out and from outside the car?

glass is difficult to polish / cut, the 04A is still intended mainly for watermarks remover and not for removing scratches.
Yes, agree.. windscreen not for removing scratches. Even you can remove that scatches, it will make that area deep down and caused the windscreen uneven and the wiper cant wipe the water at that spot.

Idiotking
post Nov 29 2018, 08:43 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(QuickFire @ Nov 28 2018, 09:12 PM)
Hey guys.

I just got my new car a week back, a black Civic. I decided to give it a wash yesterday, using the car shampoo I usually use (not sure what brand) with a 3M cloth. I've been using the cloth for a long time now, not sure where I got it from or whether it was indeed intended for washing a car. My other cars are light in colour and I never really noticed anything amiss. But after this wash, I saw a ton of swirl marks, very apparent at night under street lights.

Is there anything I can do? I'm very new to this game. Is polishing the only way to remove the swirls?

I did try to read through this thread, but it's way too long with so many last versions. I was also considering getting a ceramic coat for the car but after going through the whole coating thread decided against it as most people say it lasts barely a year.

To start, where would you recommend getting the basic stuff for a car wash?

1. Washing mitts/cloth/sponge
2. Shampoo
3. Drying clothe

What are the more reputable detailers around KL? For a car wash, polish, and wax?

What is the opinion on the CARS International for wash, wax, and polish?
Bro, swirl mark build up at new car when doing the PDI(pre delivery inspection) at sales room. They will clean up the car before hand over to u. They will rotary to do a quick buffing and cover it wax,so it look shining when hand over to you. That is normal after few wash then u can see the swirl mark because the shampoo washed away the wax that covered the swirl mark.
There are 2 ways to remove swirl mark if it borthering you. First solution is continue cover it with wax. The second solution is permanent remove it by polishing. So subject to your preferences.

Idiotking
post Nov 29 2018, 10:17 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Nov 29 2018, 06:55 PM)
Mmm, just my 2 sen, the 2 posts replied are all accurate. But I also wish to share my opinion from a different angle. As u mentioned, your other cars are light coloured, so just to let u know, generally white/light coloured cars are good at hiding swirls but bad at hiding dirt or dirtiness. Black/dark coloured cars are bad at hiding swirls (and even water spots) but good at hiding dirt or dirtiness. This is the general conditions that come with car colours.

Think of swirls as scratches on a surface (very very fine ones). U can fill a scratch with with wax to mask it, but eventually when the wax dissipates (through weather and washing), the scratches will come back. U can continue to do this if u like.

Polishing on the other hand, is basically taking a super-duper fine sandpaper and gently shaving off a thin layer of your paint in an effort to level it with the scratch depth so that everything becomes even. If u can visualize this, then u are on the right path.

However, polishing alone may not solve your problem in the long run if your washing and protection regime is poor. When u polish, your paint technically becomes naked. Based on your current method of washing using a cloth as your scrubber/agitator of your wash soap, u will inadvertently scratch your paint again with the dirt that's on the cloth rubbing on the car. That is why from best practice point of view, ppl will recommend a plush wash mitt (preferably microfiber). Typical wash sponge sold in most hardware stores are also no good because it does the same with your cloth.

Protection regime is also very important. Any good wax provides protection from dirt sticking or gripping onto your paint, and easy to wash off with less effort.

So, for wash mitt I would recommend u try finding mr clean miracle wash mitt, for shampoo I think u can find most are pretty okay. For drying cloth, try to find one that is large (60cm x 70cm), thick and absorbent. This reduces the amount of times u have to wring dry the cloth when drying your car.
👍👍👍👍
Idiotking
post Nov 29 2018, 10:17 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Nov 29 2018, 04:36 PM)
I would say Osren products provide best value. Maybe you can pay their HQ (in Kepong) a visit as they have basically all the things you need to keep your car clean (shampoo and all the cloth).

SGCB tools are quite ok as well but I don't think they have car shampoo last time I visited.

Or if u just want to quickly buy off the shelf products you can always visit Ace Hardware tongue.gif
Sgcb now they got car shampoo
Idiotking
post Dec 20 2018, 11:46 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(STEALYOURGLORY @ Dec 18 2018, 02:40 PM)
Ok sir. will get a clay bar lubricant too

Any polishing cream brand sir? How about soft 99?

Yes sir. I got watch couple of videos in the YouTube too..

Any suggestion what coat to apply sir? Is Mr.Fix's coat ok?
You can contact sgcb, they seem have ready place for you to do your car and teach you how to do.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0274sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:44 PM