Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

Axile
post Mar 14 2016, 11:24 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Dear sifus,

I have cleaned my car > clay > polish.

During the polish process, I used Soft99 Cleaner & Polish (blue tin). I found out that the sponge is dirty with black dirt. My question is, I thought claying process already removed all dirt but why during polishing, I can see my sponge becoming black. hmm.gif
Axile
post Mar 14 2016, 11:54 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(lifeless_creature @ Mar 14 2016, 11:30 AM)
bro,
  This is normal, that means the surface is not entirely cleaned during claying, even I clayed my bonet twice, I am still seeing my sponge turned black during cleansing (was using cleanser to remove my old wax/polish).
Thanks for sharing bro. In this case, can I assume I might get slight swirl because I rubbed the sponge on the exterior during polishing process as the surface is not entirely clean? But I dont find any swirl on the roof of the car under bright lights.

Axile
post Mar 21 2016, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Anyone purchase their items from Hypercoat before? Is their price offered cheaper than ACE hardware?
Axile
post Mar 21 2016, 02:04 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(linkin182 @ Mar 21 2016, 01:11 PM)
I've purchased stuff from Meguiarsdirect.com.my before if thats what you're asking?
Never tried Motormad as they have limited selection.
It is cheaper than ACE Hardware if thats what you mean.

Tip - Depending on what you're planning to buy, at times buying from Amazon + shipping is cheaper than both these sites (look out for deals!)
Thanks for your feedback and tip!
Axile
post May 5 2016, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Hi sifus,

I messed up during polishing stage by using Soft99 and the sponge provided in the tin. I polished almost the whole car cry.gif

1) With this kind of result, will it be better for me to send it to professional detailer to help to polish the terrible swirls?

2) Shall never polish with Soft99 again. Or maybe is the sponge issue?

user posted image
Axile
post May 7 2016, 08:22 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(linkin182 @ May 5 2016, 10:55 AM)
Yeah, I think it was mentioned before in past threads that Soft99 (the blue tin I suppose?) is the most abrasive.
If you have a DA Polisher, you can correct this with other milder correctors like Megs SwirlX and/or Ultimate Compound (its still not as abrasive as Soft99).

Swirl X itself however is very mild and may require a few application. You can skip polishing after this if you like as I typically wax my car after this process.

Had a similar results with Soft99 in the past, didn't use it ever since (unless for small correction spots).
Thx for your advice! Meaning after clay you will normally proceed with waxing?
Axile
post Jun 18 2018, 11:53 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Hi sifu, anyone can advise how to fix key scratches? Do I use sand paper then polish and compound?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0301sec    0.54    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:38 PM