Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

woodentiger86
post Today, 04:19 PM

Budding DIY Detailer & Avid Gamer
764 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 24 2020, 03:10 PM)
Yeah, the purpose I want to apply 1:1 because I believe it offers more protection for the trims as my car almost always parked outdoors.

I also tried applying CarPro PERL on exterior plastic, rubber and wheels before, from my observation they did not last long, about a week. I am guessing because this is 'water-based' solution, easier to be washed away by rain compared to some 'oil-based' products out there.
I see. Thanks for sharing bro.

Quite happy with the results of the Soft99 Black Black on my tyres too. Initially was a fan of Meg's Endurance Shine but you're right, it may sling and leave stains on the lower body and in terms of durability - doesn't last that long especially in our weather.
V429
post Today, 04:50 PM

Casual
496 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Feb 24 2020, 04:19 PM)
I see. Thanks for sharing bro.

Quite happy with the results of the Soft99 Black Black on my tyres too. Initially was a fan of Meg's Endurance Shine but you're right, it may sling and leave stains on the lower body and in terms of durability - doesn't last that long especially in our weather.
Oh? I tot Meguiars Endurance Shine lasts longer around 2 weeks? Maybe I am mistaken. On the other hand, how long does Soft99 black back lasts usually?
woodentiger86
post Today, 05:00 PM

764 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 24 2020, 04:50 PM)
Oh? I tot Meguiars Endurance Shine lasts longer around 2 weeks? Maybe I am mistaken. On the other hand, how long does Soft99 black back lasts usually?
Haha, actually out of all the tyre gel/shine/spray I've used, Endurance Shine is the most glossiest, followed by Black Magic [spray type].

But in terms of durability, Soft 99 wins hands down. I usually top up the coat once a week or once every fortnight though.

Based on initial application of Black Black on a bare tyre - the shine won't be so noticeable unless I coat it again after letting it dry off. One good thing is that the surface is extremely dry once the coat hardens. Dust or fine particles may stick on it but easily washed off with water.
V429
post Today, 05:11 PM

Casual
496 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Feb 24 2020, 05:00 PM)
Haha, actually out of all the tyre gel/shine/spray I've used, Endurance Shine is the most glossiest, followed by Black Magic [spray type].

But in terms of durability, Soft 99 wins hands down. I usually top up the coat once a week or once every fortnight though.

Based on initial application of Black Black on a bare tyre - the shine won't be so noticeable unless I coat it again after letting it dry off. One good thing is that the surface is extremely dry once the coat hardens. Dust or fine particles may stick on it but easily washed off with water.
I see.. Interesting. Bought it online? How much did it roughly cost?
woodentiger86
post Today, 05:15 PM

764 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 24 2020, 05:11 PM)
I see.. Interesting. Bought it online? How much did it roughly cost?
Just bought another box this morning, along with the Wak Kilat purchase and some other stuffs in my basket. brows.gif

About RM38 before shipping. Usually I try to opt for the cheapest seller and have seen prices ranging from RM38 to Rm 5X... So far this is the cheapest I've bought.

One bottle usually lasts me about 2-3 months cos I only apply it sparingly on my ride + wifey's.

Only if itchy I will go apply it on my parent's cars but my dad usually applies own tyre gel on weekends so I tend to leave it. Haha.
V429
post Today, 05:26 PM

Casual
496 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Feb 24 2020, 05:15 PM)
Just bought another box this morning, along with the Wak Kilat purchase and some other stuffs in my basket. brows.gif

About RM38 before shipping. Usually I try to opt for the cheapest seller and have seen prices ranging from RM38 to Rm 5X... So far this is the cheapest I've bought.

One bottle usually lasts me about 2-3 months cos I only apply it sparingly on my ride + wifey's.

Only if itchy I will go apply it on my parent's cars but my dad usually applies own tyre gel on weekends so I tend to leave it. Haha.
Not as expensive as I thought. Haha. Thanks for sharing! smile.gif
Fenix98
post Today, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Feb 24 2020, 02:14 PM)
Wow, you guys must have huge parking lots to drag the buckets around. brows.gif

I do agree with your point though, sometimes it's a real hassle to drag the buckets around, especially when I don't have a garden hose at home and I need to keep walking to & from my car to the tap to refill my buckets when I rinse off the washing solutions from my ride. laugh.gif
Awesome bro, do report back your findings....

Been using meguairs ultimate protectant, its creamy mess too apply and get off... Lasts about 2 - 3 months, depending how often it rains... A spray on solution would be less tedious and time and energy consuming.

It lasted 5 months max when parked indoors only

This post has been edited by Fenix98: Today, 05:29 PM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0383sec    5.11    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th February 2020 - 05:33 PM