Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

V429
post Sep 11 2019, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
284 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Sep 11 2019, 06:45 PM)
is there any harm if scrub or clay it every wash despite the surface is smooth?
I also a bit worried about this so that's why I got a non-scratch scrubbing sponge, so far no problem with once a month scrub using this.

I can't say for sure if use claybar.. Coz I don't clay my windows very often, But maybe you can consider using clay cloth instead. I feel it is less aggressive then clay bar.
dog999
post Sep 11 2019, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

Check out my short video for water beading test just upload today using Osren Luminous Coatz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaPZwm56uO8

This post has been edited by dog999: Sep 11 2019, 07:40 PM
blurcase
post Sep 11 2019, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Sep 11 2019, 05:25 PM)
anyway to reduce or prevent these dotted stains at exterior? washing could remove but somehow it will return the next day, not practical washing a daily driver everyday right hmm.gif
user posted image
Are those spots etched to your windshield already? As far as I know, only etched spots will come back very quickly, when immediately after wash it may look clean but in actual fact its still there.

Try take a damp cloth and wipe over the screen, do u see the spots or is the water on the screen flat?
dog999
post Sep 11 2019, 10:20 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

anyway to reduce or prevent these dotted stains at exterior? washing could remove but somehow it will return the next day, not practical washing a daily driver everyday right hmm.gif
user posted image
Do you park your car outside of your house? Most of my neighbour's cars park outside every morning their windscreen full of moisture and due to haze recently very dirty caused the dotted stains after dried i guess . If u park inside the house usually no moisture during morning .
CheaTeRz
post Sep 11 2019, 10:45 PM

They can't beat me so they call me Cheater. oh silly
1,327 posts

QUOTE(Quartzphene @ Sep 10 2019, 10:51 PM)
Please check what brand coating used by seller and you can always research on Google. It's too good to be true and there is a lot missing like process of detailing the car, no mention of how many hours to wash, polish, coat and coating curing time.
QUOTE(blurcase @ Sep 10 2019, 11:45 PM)
No worries, I believe everyone has their own budget for cars and detailing. The reason I asked is to know better what type of paint and clearcoat was used, then only be able to give a more educated suggestion.

Bro Quartzphene covered quite comprehensively on the type of considerations u will need to think about when it comes to what type of protection u want.

I would like to also propose another consideration before applying any form of protection, which is to get a good quality polish for your car. Personally I do believe a good quality polish can go a long way for most of any cars. Any detailing place that u may want to send your car for coating (if u are considering so) needs to have a high standard of polish quality. Any protection may eventually wear off (even coating), but it is worse when the polishing standard is poor and they applied coating/sealant/wax to cover their poor work.

As from your description, the car is not a daily driver. If it is mainly used for weekends and long distance, I can also suggest purchasing a car cover to cover up your entire car so that it can protect your car from the weather elements during the unused days. Yes, even your car deserve a car cover, not just Ferrari and Rolls Royce.
Great! Thanks for pointing out some great points there. Now I now where to start looking. haha
Especially the car cover parts, it never came across my mind to get one rclxms.gif

At this rate, I'll probably go for polish + waxing rather than the more expensive coating options. thumbup.gif
#Victor
post Sep 11 2019, 11:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,365 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Sep 11 2019, 09:42 PM)
Are those spots etched to your windshield already? As far as I know, only etched spots will come back very quickly, when immediately after wash it may look clean but in actual fact its still there.

Try take a damp cloth and wipe over the screen, do u see the spots or is the water on the screen flat?
not etched into windshield, crystal clear after proper cleaning

QUOTE(dog999 @ Sep 11 2019, 10:20 PM)
Do you park your car outside of your house? Most of my neighbour's cars park outside every morning their windscreen full of moisture and due to haze recently very dirty caused the dotted stains after dried i guess . If u park inside the house usually no moisture during morning .
yes, but others cars park nearby don't have this problem despite sharing the same environment 🤔🤔
blurcase
post Sep 12 2019, 12:09 AM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Sep 11 2019, 11:35 PM)
not etched into windshield, crystal clear after proper cleaning
yes, but others cars park nearby don't have this problem despite sharing the same environment 🤔🤔
When u use your wiper water mist and wiper to wipe, do they go away?
woodentiger86
post Sep 12 2019, 05:57 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

user posted image
Likely apply some form of coating/sealant on your windscreen - doesn't 'eliminate' the spots/stains but makes it easier to wipe away.

Usually I either use something like Rain X/Soft99 Glaco/Meg's Glass Sealant on the windscreens/windows and although the dust/dirt are visible if rain drops dries on the car, I can just wet a MF towel and wipe it off quickly.

I do understand that you mentioned about not practical washing it daily, so I just tend to wash/wipe the windscreens [if dirty] and save the DIY washing for weekends. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by woodentiger86: Sep 12 2019, 05:57 AM
woodentiger86
post Sep 12 2019, 05:58 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(dog999 @ Sep 11 2019, 07:39 PM)
Check out my short video for water beading test just upload today using Osren Luminous Coatz  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaPZwm56uO8
Nice one! Thanks for sharing.
woodentiger86
post Sep 12 2019, 06:01 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Sep 11 2019, 06:42 PM)
I suspect it's due to 'road traffic film' as sometime car cleaning guru mentions. I think normal car shampoo + wash mitt not enough to get rid of it completely and they may seem cleaned after u do usual wash, but I suspect there is a thin layer of oil there that makes it easier to kena watermark again.

So based on above assumption I do a deeper scrub + stronger chemicals.
+1 to the suggestion above.

Clay the area first, then leave the Ultra Glaco/Glass Sealant to cure for 10-15 mins after application - then wipe off with damp towel.

So far works well for me. Water beads off very easily - but yeah, no 100% cure against dust/dried water stains if car is parked outside and car is not driven before the rain drops dry off. biggrin.gif
#Victor
post Sep 12 2019, 11:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,365 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Sep 12 2019, 12:09 AM)
When u use your wiper water mist and wiper to wipe, do they go away?
never using wiper already since the refill peel off and still finding a good refill, moreover with rain repellent wiper is barely needed biggrin.gif

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Sep 12 2019, 05:57 AM)
Likely apply some form of coating/sealant on your windscreen - doesn't 'eliminate' the spots/stains but makes it easier to wipe away.

Usually I either use something like Rain X/Soft99 Glaco/Meg's Glass Sealant on the windscreens/windows and although the dust/dirt are visible if rain drops dries on the car, I can just wet a MF towel and wipe it off quickly.

I do understand that you mentioned about not practical washing it daily, so I just tend to wash/wipe the windscreens [if dirty] and save the DIY washing for weekends. biggrin.gif
seems nothing can be done with environmental phenomena until next wash.
actually washing / wiping solve the problem but not convenient to access washing bay all the time, just feel annoying with the stains when driving where the hard work of cleaning day before been undo. same feeling like downpour next hour after cleaning ur car biggrin.gif
woodentiger86
post Sep 12 2019, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Sep 12 2019, 11:24 AM)
never using wiper already since the refill peel off and still finding a good refill, moreover with rain repellent wiper is barely needed biggrin.gif
seems nothing can be done with environmental phenomena until next wash.
actually washing / wiping solve the problem but not convenient to access washing bay all the time, just feel annoying with the stains when driving where the hard work of cleaning day before been undo. same feeling like downpour next hour after cleaning ur car biggrin.gif
Haha yea, I know what you mean.

Our weather is one of a kind. We just gotta do our best to keep the paintwork and windscreens as clean and protected, regardless via coating/waxing/etc.

One tip I learnt from Osren is to just have some water and towel and moist it and it should do the trick to clean those unsightly stains on the windscreen, especially if you already have some form of coating on it. I have a basket of detailing items in my boot at all times so it's useful when I don't have access to taps as well. biggrin.gif
#Victor
post Sep 13 2019, 12:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,365 posts

user posted image
to add on: this is the exterior look of the stains at rear windscreen
user posted image
dog999
post Sep 13 2019, 09:28 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Sep 13 2019, 12:23 PM)
to add on: this is the exterior look of the stains at rear windscreen
user posted image
I think its time for you to polish the windscreen .
dog999
post Sep 13 2019, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

user posted image

user posted image

New toys for my DA polisher from shopee .No time to use yet
ah_suknat
post Sep 14 2019, 09:25 AM

whoooooooooooooop
4,526 posts

Any recommendations for budget diy coating products?

I cant afford expensive ones, maybe product range around 100+ that is better than nothing
vyruzj
post Sep 14 2019, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

Hi guys,

I have been using Osren HCS for almost 2 months and i notice each time after i used my mf cloth to apply and buff off, the mf cloth no longer can be used again. I mean it does not absorb water anymore and feel like there is a barrier preventing the water to be absorbed by MF. anyone with same experience? i usually top up HCS on my car once every two weeks with dilution ratio of 1:4 (hcs:water) and each time my mf will need to be thrown away... sweat.gif
V429
post Sep 14 2019, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
284 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 14 2019, 11:00 AM)
Hi guys,

I have been using Osren HCS for almost 2 months and i notice each time after i used my mf cloth to apply and buff off, the mf cloth no longer can be used again. I mean it does not absorb water anymore and feel like there is a barrier preventing the water to be absorbed by MF. anyone with same experience? i usually top up HCS on my car once every two weeks with dilution ratio of 1:4 (hcs:water) and each time my mf will need to be thrown away...  sweat.gif
Maybe this is not caused by Osren HCS, might be how you maintain the microfiber towel. Do you wash the towel after use? If yes, do you dry it under the sun or use hot dryer on it? Because that might cause the towel to no longer absorb water easily.

Usually damaged towels such as above still can absorb water when it is entirely wet, just that it's more of a hacky way of using it.
blurcase
post Sep 14 2019, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 14 2019, 11:00 AM)
Hi guys,

I have been using Osren HCS for almost 2 months and i notice each time after i used my mf cloth to apply and buff off, the mf cloth no longer can be used again. I mean it does not absorb water anymore and feel like there is a barrier preventing the water to be absorbed by MF. anyone with same experience? i usually top up HCS on my car once every two weeks with dilution ratio of 1:4 (hcs:water) and each time my mf will need to be thrown away...  sweat.gif
When I used it recently, it didnt happen to me, my towels were fine after machine wash and dry.

What did u do with the towels after apply and buff off?
dog999
post Sep 14 2019, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(ah_suknat @ Sep 14 2019, 09:25 AM)
Any recommendations for budget diy coating products?

I cant afford expensive ones, maybe product range around 100+ that is better than nothing
If you want budget ceramic coating, you can try securetech coating around Rm90 or if you have higher budget go for car pro cquartz lite around Rm250 . If you want hassle free and easy to use product.. Turtle wax seal n shine is very good and can last for months smile.gif

359 Pages « < 354 355 356 357 358 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0413sec    1.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st September 2019 - 12:27 AM