Look at all my stars!!
3,290 posts

Chemical Guys in Malaysia ๐Ÿ˜‚

blurcase
post Aug 14 2019, 11:59 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Aug 14 2019, 10:46 PM)
Using wax on rim shouldn't have any other side effect as far as I know, maybe sifus here can advise if there are any smile.gif To remove old wax, I would simply use APC / degreaser / diluted dish soap. I suppose you can use cleaner wax as well, but not too sure if it can remove old wax or just add on new layer of wax on top of old wax.

Btw, anyone ever tried applying dressing (something like carpro PERL) by spray bottle in area like wheel Wells? Is it effective?
I applied Carpro PERL on my wheel wells before, it gives back a nice black finish on the arches. However, the applicator or towel u use for the application or buff-off would end up quite dirty. Make sure the applicator u use is not the one u sayang.
V429
post Aug 15 2019, 12:08 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Aug 14 2019, 11:59 PM)
I applied Carpro PERL on my wheel wells before, it gives back a nice black finish on the arches. However, the applicator or towel u use for the application or buff-off would end up quite dirty. Make sure the applicator u use is not the one u sayang.
I see. I presume you didn't take off the wheels to apply? Saw some in YouTube video they just spray the dressing, seems more convenient to apply as you don't need to cloth or applicators (or take off the wheels), but I am not sure how effective spraying dressing is. Hmm..
V429
post Aug 15 2019, 12:10 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Aug 14 2019, 11:17 PM)
Chemical Guys in Malaysia ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nice share. They have quite a nice setup! Also the pump for their 4 litre bottles are sweet! Would be nice to have smile.gif
blurcase
post Aug 15 2019, 12:23 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Aug 15 2019, 12:08 AM)
I see. I presume you didn't take off the wheels to apply? Saw some in YouTube video they just spray the dressing, seems more convenient to apply as you don't need to cloth or applicators (or take off the wheels), but I am not sure how effective spraying dressing is. Hmm..
Nope, too much hassle. Besides, rims tightened by machine often are much tighter than what our hands with wrench can do, so I prefer not to mess with it.
woodentiger86
post Aug 15 2019, 12:58 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Aug 15 2019, 12:23 PM)
Nope, too much hassle. Besides, rims tightened by machine often are much tighter than what our hands with wrench can do, so I prefer not to mess with it.
That will be intense + OCD level of detailing already if remove wheels as well to access the wheel arches.

How nice if able to do so but gotta make do with just finding a brush or application and hoping arms are long and flexible enough to slot in between the tyres and wheel arches to detail. biggrin.gif
blurcase
post Aug 15 2019, 03:51 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Aug 15 2019, 12:58 PM)
That will be intense + OCD level of detailing already if remove wheels as well to access the wheel arches.

How nice if able to do so but gotta make do with just finding a brush or application and hoping arms are long and flexible enough to slot in between the tyres and wheel arches to detail. biggrin.gif
Actually the semi-OCD way is plainly to get a car jack and lift up enough of the car to create more space between the wheels and arches, then most likely any hand or arm can go in to apply the entire arch. Once the tyre is just a little bit off the ground, that is all the space u can get (which is plenty). Not necessary to remove the wheels for it.

Get this is more than enough:
https://shopee.com.my/3-Ton-Portable-Heavy-...3511.2337854775

Get this if u are extra lazy to crank:
https://shopee.com.my/MY-DIY-Emergency-Port...7541.1737624594

Hand to heart, I am the lazy man, and lazy men thinks the most efficient way of doing things, lol. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
celciuz
post Aug 15 2019, 04:08 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
11,231 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Aug 15 2019, 12:10 AM)
Nice share. They have quite a nice setup! Also the pump for their 4 litre bottles are sweet! Would be nice to have smile.gif
Tried to psycho Henry to have this... but tarak yet =/ cry.gif it is indeed really useful... the pump out.
blurcase
post Aug 15 2019, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Aug 15 2019, 04:08 PM)
Tried to psycho Henry to have this... but tarak yet =/  cry.gif  it is indeed really useful... the pump out.
In detailing, its always the shop psycho customer, not the other way round. biggrin.gif
#Victor
post Aug 15 2019, 04:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,290 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Aug 14 2019, 11:59 PM)
does it last long / durable? i'm looking for a long lasting coat one since the rims are yet to install, that would be easier to apply i supposed.

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Aug 15 2019, 12:58 PM)

probably u need arms like this laugh.gif user posted image
woodentiger86
post Aug 15 2019, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Aug 15 2019, 04:24 PM)
In detailing, its always the shop psycho customer, not the other way round. biggrin.gif
Seems like you guys are really loyal Osren visitors! Haha.

Waiting for a trip there one day.

Btw, do they accept credit card if buy on the spot? biggrin.gif
blurcase
post Aug 15 2019, 04:37 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Aug 15 2019, 04:26 PM)
does it last long / durable? i'm looking for a long lasting coat one since the rims are yet to install, that would be easier to apply i supposed.
probably u need arms like this  laugh.gif user posted image
Mmm, if u do a hard degreaser wash on the wheel wells until clean enough to kiss, the the PERL could last a little longer. However, if u wanna spray into the arch just as is without really thorough cleaning, there isnt much durability to speak of. I think have to be realistic in expectations of any protections for wheel arches as alot of road dirt, mud water and grime will just whack off any protection u put on with relative ease.

All is not lost though, the PERL is highly dilutable, so very value for money that u can reapply over and again without feeling wallet pinch. And the blacker look on the arches does help make your rims pop out. smile.gif

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Aug 15 2019, 04:27 PM)

Lol, actually we arent, cuz everytime visit high chance of blowing budget. But we go anyways.

I think they do accept credit card, but normally I pay cash because I dowan blow budget, lol.
#Victor
post Aug 15 2019, 05:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,290 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Aug 15 2019, 04:37 PM)
Mmm, if u do a hard degreaser wash on the wheel wells until clean enough to kiss, the the PERL could last a little longer. However, if u wanna spray into the arch just as is without really thorough cleaning, there isnt much durability to speak of. I think have to be realistic in expectations of any protections for wheel arches as alot of road dirt, mud water and grime will just whack off any protection u put on with relative ease.

All is not lost though, the PERL is highly dilutable, so very value for money that u can reapply over and again without feeling wallet pinch. And the blacker look on the arches does help make your rims pop out. smile.gif
CarPro Perl suitable for painted rims as i read PERL is for plastic and rubber protection?
blurcase
post Aug 15 2019, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Aug 15 2019, 05:00 PM)
CarPro Perl suitable for painted rims as i read PERL is for plastic and rubber protection?
Sorry, think I misread your previous statement. No perl is not meant for painted stuff. For ur rims probably go with any wax or spray sealants that works with painted surfaces. However, just to be mindful also that rims also get alot of grime from road, so thereโ€™s only so much durable that u can put.
90Boyz
post Aug 15 2019, 05:53 PM

UTMB !!
3,340 posts

user posted image
user posted image

Once you in there
You wont empty handed brows.gif
woodentiger86
post Aug 15 2019, 06:32 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(90Boyz @ Aug 15 2019, 05:53 PM)
user posted image
user posted image

Once you in there
You wont empty handed brows.gif
Wah lau, racun super kuat...

Probably will spend banyak if I go there. biggrin.gif
90Boyz
post Aug 15 2019, 06:34 PM

UTMB !!
3,340 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Aug 15 2019, 06:32 PM)
Wah lau, racun super kuat...

Probably will spend banyak if I go there. biggrin.gif
Most important , get what you need and pay off and walk away else the unker will racun you with their DA polisher and so and so and so .. brows.gif
woodentiger86
post Aug 15 2019, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(90Boyz @ Aug 15 2019, 06:34 PM)
Most important , get what you need and pay off and walk away else the unker will racun you with their DA polisher and so and so and so ..  brows.gif
Haha GG lo if like that.

My own Skil polisher gathering dust... Likely get some MFs and products and quickly cabut otherwise racun kuat to splurge. biggrin.gif
celciuz
post Aug 15 2019, 07:15 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
11,231 posts

They do accept CC, without surcharge whistling.gif

Be prepared...
blurcase
post Aug 15 2019, 11:59 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(90Boyz @ Aug 15 2019, 06:34 PM)
Most important , get what you need and pay off and walk away else the unker will racun you with their DA polisher and so and so and so ..  brows.gif
Yes, I tell uncle Heng I using Rupes and he still try pancing me buy his Osren to have variety. Lol.

346 Pages « < 341 342 343 344 345 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0619sec    1.80    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 04:49 AM