Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

derail
post Yesterday, 05:00 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(blurcase @ Jul 16 2019, 05:29 PM)
Well, it doesnt necessarily have to be cheap wax to be your sacrificial layer on top of durable protections. But any form of quality spray wax or sealant should help to be good sacrificial layer against tough protections like Fusso and coatings.
Yes what I meant to say was something relatively cheap since it is going to be a sacrificial barrier and anything too durable like sio sprays or hybrid ceramic spray waxes are going to end up with spotting.

Quartzphene P
post Yesterday, 05:21 PM

Group: Probation

QUOTE(derail @ Jul 17 2019, 05:00 PM)
Yes what I meant to say was something relatively cheap since it is going to be a sacrificial barrier and anything too durable like sio sprays or hybrid ceramic spray waxes are going to end up with spotting.
Does the spotting can be removed during washing?
derail
post Yesterday, 05:39 PM

QUOTE(Quartzphene @ Jul 17 2019, 05:21 PM)
Does the spotting can be removed during washing?
Minor spotting will be removed during regular weekly washings and I generally don't get spotting issues with sealants like fk1000 but those SIO based coatings and Fusso definitely need another layer on top of them.
Quartzphene P
post Yesterday, 06:23 PM

Group: Probation

QUOTE(derail @ Jul 17 2019, 05:39 PM)
Minor spotting will be removed during regular weekly washings and I generally don't get spotting issues with sealants like fk1000 but those SIO based coatings and Fusso definitely need another layer on top of them.
Sio2 based sealant applied on bare paint or sio2 based sealant on ceramic coated paint? Sio2 based sealant cannot be considered as full blown coating as it's a hybrid where little amount of sio2 material mixed with polymer. Observed ceramic based coating gives better dirt repellency compared to polymer based sealant like fusso, sonax PNS. But in our weather which rain is dirty and acidic, carnauba/polymer based attracts more dirt and tend to have more contaminants embedded.
derail
post Yesterday, 08:22 PM

QUOTE(Quartzphene @ Jul 17 2019, 06:23 PM)
Sio2 based sealant applied on bare paint or sio2 based sealant on ceramic coated paint? Sio2 based sealant cannot be considered as full blown coating as it's a hybrid where little amount of sio2 material mixed with polymer. Observed ceramic based coating gives better dirt repellency compared to polymer based sealant like fusso, sonax PNS. But in our weather which rain is dirty and acidic, carnauba/polymer based attracts more dirt and tend to have more contaminants embedded.
I observed more spotting on SiO2 based sealants. And some others have observed more spotting on SiO2 based coatings. The theory sounds very good but observed results are another thing. Maybe some people's driving/parking habits are different which would give rise to different results. In any case, I will work with what I know works in my case.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0741sec    1.86    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 10:40 AM