388 Pages « < 322 323 324 325 326 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

lkoky
post Jun 9 2019, 05:41 PM

Enthusiast
725 posts

has anyone tried Turtle Wax Ice Seal n Shine? Is suppose to be under $10 product... but so far in Msia it is selling at >RM100

miyakochan89
post Jun 9 2019, 10:42 PM

Zzzz...
2,578 posts

Hey all. I'm looking for professional interior car cleaning services. Anywhere to recommend? Around PJ area.
#Victor
post Jun 9 2019, 10:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,539 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jun 9 2019, 10:42 PM)
Hey all. I'm looking for professional interior car cleaning services. Anywhere to recommend? Around PJ area.
Waxson Car Care
33-1, Jalan PJU 1/3g
Sunway Mas Commercial Center
47301 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Waxson+Ca...d97777caa038ea2
munsies
post Jun 12 2019, 01:36 AM

25 posts

is it worth coating a new car? or just send for car wash every now and then?
kskoay
post Jun 12 2019, 07:33 AM

On my way
505 posts

QUOTE(munsies @ Jun 12 2019, 01:36 AM)
for me i will rather save the money...I'm doing myself for the rest

1.) weekly wash + spray wax
2.) monthly liquid wax

with above method, im managed to kept my car in clean and shining condition biggrin.gif
FirstOne
post Jun 12 2019, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

Yeah why not, for the price below 1k coating nowadays (since most people are throwing price to survive), save the hassle to polish & wax every now and then. Just wash your car frequently for the maximum shine
aPiT_OxyMoxy
post Jun 12 2019, 02:29 PM

Casual
415 posts

QUOTE(kskoay @ Jun 12 2019, 08:33 AM)
for me i will rather save the money...I'm doing myself for the rest

1.) weekly wash + spray wax
2.) monthly liquid wax

with above method, im managed to kept my car in clean and shining condition  biggrin.gif
maintain sendiri ke hantar kedai bang, share sikit mcm best jer. Biasa weekly wash jer
DaBai89
post Jun 12 2019, 02:43 PM

6 posts

I have done a glass coat from sierraglow Penang one year ago.
Normal SG6, no blue flame

From the limited experience what I felt about coating

1. U need to maintain more /wash more if coated
Bcoz coating tends to attract water marks (beading effect)
So at the end of the day u might be washing more than those uncoated vehicle

2. Super easy to perform car wash
Usually all u need is a pH neutral shampoo and suitable mitt

3. Have to learn to dry ur vehicle with the correct tool and method
Bcoz u will end up with swirl marks if u don't dry ur car carefully
Choose at least 350gsm microfiber towels or even better a blower
(Minimize touching on the paint)

4. Coating maintenance could be a pain. Some glass coat will fade quite fast (few months) due to Malaysia weather.
I'm glad that sierraglow provide 5 years free touch up
*P/s: I'm not advertising for Sierra but I think their after sales services are not bad (at least the Penang branch is)

So in short:
If u like to detail ur car / rajin to clean ur car then coat for the gloss wet look and ease of cleaning

Just my 2 cents, don't bash me LOL. smile.gif
blurcase
post Jun 12 2019, 05:31 PM

Casual
358 posts

I think it depends on how u define worth. As bro FirstOne mentioned, many coating services are cheaper now, so there is more value for money.

However, as bro DaBai89 mentioned, there is an increased risk of water spotting, so u will need to clean your car even more regularly to prevent or at least reduce the chances of that happening.

Personally I have my car which is not coated, and my wife's car was previously coated. As I am not as diligent in cleaning cars as I used to be, my wife's car coating eventually had alot of water spots, made even more obvious because the car is black in colour. My car on the other hand doesnt catch much water spotting. Eventually I had to polish off all the coating on my wife's car (which was a pain in the ass), and now after 4-6 months of just using spray sealant, no water spots came back, and surprisingly the car doesnt get as dirty.

Also, having the coating doesnt prevent another 2 main issues, which is paint chips due to fast driving, and also swirls. Yes, fine swirls and scratches can also happen, but instead of it happening on your paint clearcoat, it happens on your coating instead.

After having tried coating before a few years ago, I am now on the camp of no coating required. I feel that it is generally better to get a very good quality polish, then just apply sealant or wax once in a while.

Anyways, this is just my 2 sen. If u are keen to explore the world of sealants and waxes instead, there is plenty to be found these days. Easy to DIY apply for anyone.

kskoay
post Jun 12 2019, 06:41 PM

On my way
505 posts

QUOTE(aPiT_OxyMoxy @ Jun 12 2019, 02:29 PM)
maintain sendiri ke hantar kedai bang, share sikit mcm best jer. Biasa weekly wash jer
Maintain sendiri biggrin.gif
FirstOne
post Jun 12 2019, 10:05 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Jun 12 2019, 05:31 PM)
I think it depends on how u define worth. As bro FirstOne mentioned, many coating services are cheaper now, so there is more value for money.

However, as bro DaBai89 mentioned, there is an increased risk of water spotting, so u will need to clean your car even more regularly to prevent or at least reduce the chances of that happening.

Personally I have my car which is not coated, and my wife's car was previously coated. As I am not as diligent in cleaning cars as I used to be, my wife's car coating eventually had alot of water spots, made even more obvious because the car is black in colour. My car on the other hand doesnt catch much water spotting. Eventually I had to polish off all the coating on my wife's car (which was a pain in the ass), and now after 4-6 months of just using spray sealant, no water spots came back, and surprisingly the car doesnt get as dirty.

Also, having the coating doesnt prevent another 2 main issues, which is paint chips due to fast driving, and also swirls. Yes, fine swirls and scratches can also happen, but instead of it happening on your paint clearcoat, it happens on your coating instead.

After having tried coating before a few years ago, I am now on the camp of no coating required. I feel that it is generally better to get a very good quality polish, then just apply sealant or wax once in a while.

Anyways, this is just my 2 sen. If u are keen to explore the world of sealants and waxes instead, there is plenty to be found these days. Easy to DIY apply for anyone.
Actually the water spot can be avoid if you use silica spray as sealent frequently. Idea of coating is that it act as a sacrifice layers to polish off in the future in case swirls, bird shit or whatever drop on top of the coating. Wax and sealant really need to rajin apply in our country lol
blurcase
post Jun 12 2019, 11:19 PM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(FirstOne @ Jun 12 2019, 10:05 PM)
Actually the water spot can be avoid if you use silica spray as sealent frequently. Idea of coating is that it act as a sacrifice layers to polish off in the future in case swirls, bird shit or whatever drop on top of the coating. Wax and sealant really need to rajin apply in our country lol
I think that's the point of the coating issue, that despite the marketing gimmick that has been played by most of the shop detailers, in reality coating requires more care, not less care. If a car owner is really rajin enough to regularly wash and seal/wax their car, then coating becomes less beneficial as a result. Good washing techniques, regular seal/wax regimes can prevent the swirls, bird poop etching and other forms of droppings from damaging the paintwork.

Besides, from my personal experience in detailing, the scare of too much polishing will strip your entire clearcoat eventually is pretty much a scare tactic more than anything else. While it is entirely possible for such things to happen, if u only polish once per 1 or more years, chances are u probably would have sold that car before the clearcoat wears out.

Anyways, its just my 2 sen.
aPiT_OxyMoxy
post Jun 13 2019, 02:03 PM

Casual
415 posts

QUOTE(kskoay @ Jun 12 2019, 07:41 PM)
Maintain sendiri  biggrin.gif
Pakai wax ape tu, ce cite ce cite brows.gif
kskoay
post Jun 13 2019, 02:44 PM

On my way
505 posts

QUOTE(aPiT_OxyMoxy @ Jun 13 2019, 02:03 PM)
Pakai wax ape tu, ce cite ce citeĀ  brows.gif
I'm meguiars fans, fully meguiars product biggrin.gif

1.) Wash: ultimate wash and wax
2.) Interior cleaner: quik interior detailer
3) Leather care: ultimate leather balm, Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
4.) Glass care: Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner
5.) Tyre shine: Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel
6.) Spray wax: ultimate quik wax
7.) Liquid wax: cleaner wax, ultimate liquid wax
8.) Scratch removal: ScratchX 2.0
9.) Other cleaner: Heavy Duty Multi-Purpose Cleaner

This post has been edited by kskoay: Jun 13 2019, 02:47 PM
aPiT_OxyMoxy
post Jun 13 2019, 02:51 PM

Casual
415 posts

QUOTE(kskoay @ Jun 13 2019, 03:44 PM)

3) Leather care: ultimate leather balm, Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
Thanks for sharing bro icon_idea.gif
Par@dox
post Jun 13 2019, 03:36 PM

Gantzer
1,149 posts

QUOTE(FirstOne @ Jun 12 2019, 10:05 PM)
Wax / sealant does not adhere well to coatings.. and would diminish faster on a coated vehicle than one which is not coated.

V429
post Jun 13 2019, 04:32 PM

Casual
323 posts

QUOTE(kskoay @ Jun 13 2019, 02:44 PM)

Impressive, and this list not even including tools, cloth & equipment yet tongue.gif
Quartzphene
post Jun 13 2019, 05:12 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(Par@dox @ Jun 13 2019, 03:36 PM)
Wax / sealant does not adhere well to coatings.. and would diminish faster on a coated vehicle than one which is not coated.
The carnauba or polymer based wax/sealant will mask the coating behavior unless coating based topper is used. No doubt coating have better self cleaning properties. How's ceramic pro coating going? Any self maintenance?
Par@dox
post Jun 13 2019, 08:40 PM

Gantzer
1,149 posts

QUOTE(Quartzphene @ Jun 13 2019, 05:12 PM)
The carnauba or polymer based wax/sealant will mask the coating behavior unless coating based topper is used. No doubt coating have better self cleaning properties. How's ceramic pro coating going? Any self maintenance?
Actually, even a ceramic coating based topper would mask the original coating characteristics. I had applied CarPro Reload and noticed that it resulted in the coating not being as hydrophobic (although it still is hydrophobic). Also, it didn't last all that long. I estimate it lasted about 2 weeks tops if the car was parked under the elements.

As for the Ceramic Pro coating, it's still hydrophobic and easy to clean, but a pain in a butt to maintain is you want to avoid water marks. Every time it gets wet from rain, have to wipe it down (which usually involves washing the car if it's dusty), else there will be water marks all over the following day. If not left for very long (say a day or two), can wash off with shampoo but if left on for a few days, chances are.. will have to use more abrasive means like diluted vinegar or a water spot remover like CarPro Spotless to remove.
Quartzphene
post Jun 13 2019, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(Par@dox @ Jun 13 2019, 08:40 PM)
Actually, even a ceramic coating based topper would mask the original coating characteristics. I had applied CarPro Reload and noticed that it resulted in the coating not being as hydrophobic (although it still is hydrophobic). Also, it didn't last all that long. I estimate it lasted about 2 weeks tops if the car was parked under the elements.

As for the Ceramic Pro coating, it's still hydrophobic and easy to clean, but a pain in a butt to maintain is you want to avoid water marks. Every time it gets wet from rain, have to wipe it down (which usually involves washing the car if it's dusty), else there will be water marks all over the following day. If not left for very long (say a day or two), can wash off with shampoo but if left on for a few days, chances are.. will have to use more abrasive means like diluted vinegar or a water spot remover like CarPro Spotless to remove.
Yup... carpro reload has its own hydrophobic behavior, but at least it's sio2 based and developed to maintain cquartz coating. What shampoo are u using? As shampoo can have residue which mask and clog the coating. I've tried many shampoo but carpro reset is the one which cleans and does not mask the coating or topper u applied. Anyhow, it's the experimentation and experience of using which product which produces results and ease of keeping the car paint clean, less prone to contaminate and glossy. Take note vinegar and carpro spotless is acid based.

388 Pages « < 322 323 324 325 326 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0461sec    1.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 12:17 AM