794 Pages « < 310 311 312 313 314 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

blurcase
post Apr 22 2019, 12:10 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Apr 21 2019, 11:38 AM)
Clay, polish and wax.. Await Bead Maker to arrive this week to complete my weekend DIY

Finally removed the water mark on all windscreen with osren crystal cut and seal it with Rain X

Interior also completed incl leather seats with Mothers on all cars

This is possible when you have teenage boys to help out just to save on $1k if send out to shops to do it
Great work! Looks very good! smile.gif
Quazacolt
post Apr 22 2019, 05:13 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

ok in my detailing experiences, Honda paint/clear coat were typically bad/clear coat dangerously thin for most newbie detailers to work on.

but this, a friggin 6k USD upgrade package on the paint... is really an eye opener.
V429
post Apr 22 2019, 08:39 AM

1,002 posts

Clay, polish and wax.. Await Bead Maker to arrive this week to complete my weekend DIY

Finally removed the water mark on all windscreen with osren crystal cut and seal it with Rain X

This is possible when you have teenage boys to help out just to save on $1k if send out to shops to do it
Very nice Bro smile.gif mind if I ask how do you apply rainx?
eikozai
post Apr 22 2019, 07:05 PM

1,115 posts

QUOTE(slk @ Apr 16 2019, 02:35 PM)
well someone bought a gallon of it.......

user posted image
Hi,

Do you throw away the clothes used with Bead Maker after use, or you reuse the cloth?
My question is, what solvent used to clean the clothes after contact with Bead Maker, as there's will be a layer of water repellents on it that hinders from re-using in future.

Please help enlighten, newbie here. Thanks in advance.
Scissorshand
post Apr 22 2019, 11:58 PM

Regular
1,516 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Apr 22 2019, 12:10 AM)
Great work! Looks very good! smile.gif
Its ok la, so long friends and neighbours takes noticed on the shine and gloss i'm happy..

QUOTE(V429 @ Apr 22 2019, 08:39 AM)
Very nice Bro smile.gif mind if I ask how do you apply rainx?
I had polished the windscreen by using 2 small drop of Osren crystal 2.0 cut on the DA machine pad (white lake country pad). Once done, apply RainX on dry cloth, spread over and buff off. Also apply a bit on tissue then onto the wipers..
V429
post Apr 23 2019, 12:21 AM

1,002 posts

I see. Thanks for sharing smile.gif I also apply rainx same way as you do, still I am always curious how other ppl apply rainx. Haha

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Apr 22 2019, 11:58 PM)
I had polished the windscreen by using 2 small drop of Osren crystal 2.0 cut on the DA machine pad (white lake country pad). Once done, apply RainX on dry cloth, spread over and buff off. Also apply a bit on tissue then onto the wipers..
Chiggah
post Apr 23 2019, 05:13 AM

Casual
460 posts

Anyone know what are these and would a claybar remove them? Black streaks/dirt that can’t be removed from wash, nor wax

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Chiggah: Apr 23 2019, 05:42 AM
V429
post Apr 23 2019, 07:20 AM

1,002 posts

QUOTE(Chiggah @ Apr 23 2019, 05:13 AM)
Anyone know what are these and would a claybar remove them? Black streaks/dirt that can’t be removed from wash, nor wax
Couldnt really identify the stains in the picture, but maybe you can try use APC or diluted dish soap with brush.
quackpack
post Apr 23 2019, 09:22 AM

Casual
327 posts

user posted image

user posted image
Did you recently wax your car? Looks didn't buff off properly causing uneven waxed surface that attracted dust.

If it's too much wax, just use degreaser at those spot to buff off the dried wax
Chiggah
post Apr 23 2019, 01:08 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Apr 23 2019, 07:20 AM)
Couldnt really identify the stains in the picture, but maybe you can try use APC or diluted dish soap with brush.
Added two more photos

Don’t have all purpose cleaner. Tried small amount of diluted dish soap with a sponge.

It’s like etched into the clear coat or something.

user posted image
user posted image
Chiggah
post Apr 23 2019, 01:10 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(quackpack @ Apr 23 2019, 09:22 AM)
Did you recently wax your car? Looks didn't buff off properly causing uneven waxed surface that attracted dust.

If it's too much wax, just use degreaser at those spot to buff off the dried wax
Only waxed it like 4 months ago

Noticed this stain for about a month now and it’s stubborn after several washes hence trying harder to get rid of it

Osren suggested a paint cleaner?
blurcase
post Apr 23 2019, 01:29 PM

Casual
418 posts

user posted image

user posted image
My suggestion in tackling these grey stains in the following order:

1) Clay
2) Chemical removers (degreaser)
3) Wax cleaner
4) AIO polish

Each step is slightly more aggressive than the previous step, so do one to the next until u get it off.

I believe Osren made a video regarding stains on white cars. U could try that.
slk
post Apr 23 2019, 01:54 PM

Casual
326 posts

QUOTE(quackpack @ Apr 20 2019, 09:40 AM)
Wow 100 bucks for 500ml? Is it ready to use product or dilutable?
its RTU

rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
slk
post Apr 23 2019, 01:56 PM

Casual
326 posts

QUOTE(eikozai @ Apr 22 2019, 07:05 PM)
Hi,

Do you throw away the clothes used with Bead Maker after use, or you reuse the cloth?
My question is, what solvent used to clean the clothes after contact with Bead Maker, as there's will be a layer of water repellents on it that hinders from re-using in future.

Please help enlighten, newbie here. Thanks in advance.
its a sealant, so it does not harden smile.gif. wash after each use.

user posted image

user posted image
AIO should kaotim. Had the same problem with mine..
Chiggah
post Apr 23 2019, 02:07 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Apr 23 2019, 01:29 PM)
My suggestion in tackling these grey stains in the following order:

1) Clay
2) Chemical removers (degreaser)
3) Wax cleaner
4) AIO polish

Each step is slightly more aggressive than the previous step, so do one to the next until u get it off.

I believe Osren made a video regarding stains on white cars. U could try that.
QUOTE(slk @ Apr 23 2019, 01:56 PM)
Thank you all for the suggestions

Aio meaning all in one cleaner, yes ?

Which product do you suggest?

I have used ScratchX for buffing/removing minor scuff/scratches on my old silver car before, and I liked it as a multipurpose cleaner. Would ScratchX 2.0 work in this case ? It has SMAT abrasives as an ingredient right

Noticed inner part of side mirror also developing some black water mark stains

user posted image

This post has been edited by Chiggah: Apr 23 2019, 02:14 PM
eikozai
post Apr 23 2019, 02:53 PM

1,115 posts

QUOTE(slk @ Apr 23 2019, 01:56 PM)
Thanks for the enlightenment, sifu rclxm9.gif
blurcase
post Apr 23 2019, 11:41 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(Chiggah @ Apr 23 2019, 02:07 PM)
Thank you all for the suggestions

Aio meaning all in one cleaner, yes ?

Which product do you suggest?

I have used ScratchX for buffing/removing minor scuff/scratches on my old silver car before, and I liked it as a multipurpose cleaner. Would ScratchX 2.0 work in this case ? It has SMAT  abrasives as an ingredient right

Noticed inner part of side mirror also developing some black water mark stains

user posted image
Well, based on Meguiars chart, ScratchX ranks between compound and polish. Considering your issue, u may not require such aggressive polish as ScratchX. Most mild polish like wax cleaner or AIO polish/cleaner should work just fine as they rank less aggressive than the standard polish.

Just FYI, the concept of polish is using a “liquid sandpaper” to remove a thin layer of paint. The more aggressive u use, the more paint it removes in one try. We always believe in using the least aggressive method first to preserve as much paint on your car as possible.

Hope this explanation doesnt confuse u.
Chiggah
post Apr 24 2019, 01:00 AM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Apr 23 2019, 11:41 PM)
Well, based on Meguiars chart, ScratchX ranks between compound and polish. Considering your issue, u may not require such aggressive polish as ScratchX. Most mild polish like wax cleaner or AIO polish/cleaner should work just fine as they rank less aggressive than the standard polish.

Just FYI, the concept of polish is using a “liquid sandpaper” to remove a thin layer of paint. The more aggressive u use, the more paint it removes in one try. We always believe in using the least aggressive method first to preserve as much paint on your car as possible.

Thank you !

Will get the Paint Restorer as suggested by Douglas
kskoay
post Apr 24 2019, 07:50 AM

On my way
659 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Apr 23 2019, 11:41 PM)

hi bro, you mean cleaner wax also consider polish (least aggressive)? Will it cause any issue to the car paint if i wax my car every 2 months by using the cleaner wax (Meguiars liquid cleaner wax) or i should change it to ultimate liquid wax? my car still new, less than 2 months....

thank you.
V429
post Apr 24 2019, 08:45 AM

1,002 posts

QUOTE(kskoay @ Apr 24 2019, 07:50 AM)
hi bro, you mean cleaner wax also consider polish (least aggressive)? Will it cause any issue to the car paint if i wax my car every 2 months by using the cleaner wax (Meguiars liquid cleaner wax) or i should change it to ultimate liquid wax? my car still new, less than 2 months....

thank you.
I think wax cleaner and cleaner wax might technically be 2 different thing (do correct me if I am wrong) but if u use cleaner wax, don't think you need to worry. Cleaner wax usually don't have polish/abrasives inside, only have chemical inside that helps clean (and also leave a layer of wax)

Before I use Mother's cleaner wax for few months and no problem at all Bro.

794 Pages « < 310 311 312 313 314 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0239sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:38 AM