Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Will try 2 bucket washes.
douglas_tong
post Mar 15 2019, 09:48 AM

MaddDougg
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(blurcase @ Mar 15 2019, 12:27 AM)
Actually there has been many debates about the logic and practicality of 2 bucket wash methods. The original assumption had always been that doing the 2 bucket with grit guards will minimize the chance of dirt from a different section being dragged on other sections and scratching. However, there is always the probability of some dirt being already trapped on existing wash mitt and did not come off in both buckets and thus continue its ride in the mitt and marring the paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuxWadJygkU

I find for those looking for alternative methods, this is one definitely worth to consider.
Loose dirt will still float on top on the suds.
Squeezing the mitt dry very important step
Water will help to flush it out a bit.
Idea is not to swirl free the washing, but to minimise

V429
post Mar 15 2019, 10:30 AM

Getting Started

Hey guys, just to share, saw Carpro on Shopee offering 20% discounts on some of their products.

Btw, Bro Slk, I remember you mentioned Axia's paint is quite thin. Any advice on how to polish it?
slk
post Mar 15 2019, 10:56 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(V429 @ Mar 15 2019, 10:30 AM)
Hey guys, just to share, saw Carpro on Shopee offering 20% discounts on some of their products.

Btw, Bro Slk, I remember you mentioned Axia's paint is quite thin. Any advice on how to polish it?
i punctured the paint while trying to buff off this :

user posted image

I AIO-ed the car only : https://www.facebook.com/johari.razali.5/me...01464279&type=3
#Victor
post Mar 15 2019, 10:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Hi sifus, what solution could be use to clean double sided tape on car paint. It could be removed by scrubbing using hand but afraid will scratch the paint, what solvent could used without hurting the paint?
slk
post Mar 15 2019, 11:01 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(#Victor @ Mar 15 2019, 10:56 AM)
Hi sifus, what solution could be use to clean double sided tape on car paint. It could be removed by scrubbing using hand but afraid will scratch the paint, what solvent could used without hurting the paint?
soak with WD40
V429
post Mar 15 2019, 11:23 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(slk @ Mar 15 2019, 10:56 AM)

user posted image

I AIO-ed the car only : https://www.facebook.com/johari.razali.5/me...01464279&type=3
I see.. Seems for Axia paint can only AiO and light polish eih? Unless repaint a thicker paint. Hmm.. Thanks for sharing.

Accidentally scratched my Axia's paint while removing bird poop. Seems like there's seed in the poop. Sakit...
blurcase
post Mar 15 2019, 11:25 AM

Getting Started

user posted image

Could it be just specific to the bumper section? I had a similar experience where my wife Altis paint between the metal body panels and bumper panels seem to be abit different and the bumper part is softer, hence harder to finish than the other body panels.

QUOTE(#Victor @ Mar 15 2019, 10:56 AM)
My go to is Zippo lighter fluid. Great for cleaning most light glue marks and whatnots, doesnt require washing after as it evaporates like alcohol.
quackpack
post Mar 15 2019, 12:18 PM

Casual

user posted image

Have you tried carpro essence aio towards those kind of paint? this aio filler is amazing since it is base on sio2
Par@dox
post Mar 15 2019, 12:53 PM

Gantzer

QUOTE(V429 @ Mar 15 2019, 10:30 AM)
I think they sell at the same price on Lazada as well (for some reason, 500ml Reload is cheaper on Lazada at the moment). If same price, I prefer to buy via Lazada because of the hassle free return policy.
slk
post Mar 15 2019, 03:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(V429 @ Mar 15 2019, 11:23 AM)
I see.. Seems for Axia paint can only AiO and light polish eih? Unless repaint a thicker paint. Hmm.. Thanks for sharing.

Accidentally scratched my Axia's paint while removing bird poop. Seems like there's seed in the poop. Sakit...
check with PTG... i cant remember where i store the readings of the paint thickness
slk
post Mar 15 2019, 03:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(blurcase @ Mar 15 2019, 11:25 AM)
Could it be just specific to the bumper section? I had a similar experience where my wife Altis paint between the metal body panels and bumper panels seem to be abit different and the bumper part is softer, hence harder to finish than the other body panels.
My go to is Zippo lighter fluid. Great for cleaning most light glue marks and whatnots, doesnt require washing after as it evaporates like alcohol.
Bumper (plastic) normally heats up faster than metal panels and it cannot dissipate/spread the heat... i've punctured a Saga too due to that 9 years ago biggrin.gif

slk
post Mar 15 2019, 04:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(quackpack @ Mar 15 2019, 12:18 PM)
Have you tried carpro essence aio towards those kind of paint? this aio filler is amazing since it is base on sio2
i dont like them both... especially essence plus... once you AIO a coating, there will be swirls & marrings.
V429
post Mar 16 2019, 09:51 PM

Getting Started

Guys, I need help. Last Sunday, those guys with grass cutting machine cut grass right in front of my car, so front of my car is full of small grass pieces. I unfortunately underestimate them and didn't do anything immediately, so now they are dried on my car paint.

I tried to wash them off today and to my horror they didn't come off even after using wash mitt + car shampoo, turtlewax bug & tar remover (I used this out of desperation) and even medium strength dilution of APC foam.

Any idea how I can safely get rid of dried grass off car paint?
Edit : one forum suggested claybar, I think I probably will have to resort to using this.. Right?

This post has been edited by V429: Mar 16 2019, 10:06 PM
blurcase
post Mar 16 2019, 11:00 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(V429 @ Mar 16 2019, 09:51 PM)
Guys, I need help. Last Sunday, those guys with grass cutting machine cut grass right in front of my car, so front of my car is full of small grass pieces. I unfortunately underestimate them and didn't do anything immediately, so now they are dried on my car paint.

I tried to wash them off today and to my horror they didn't come off even after using wash mitt + car shampoo, turtlewax bug & tar remover (I used this out of desperation) and even medium strength dilution of APC foam.

Edit : one forum suggested claybar, I think I probably will have to resort to using this.. Right?
I have 2-3 more suggestions before going into claying:

1) Zippo lighter fluid / IPA, both solvent thats great when cleaning off glue stains, might help with ur grass
2) WD40, this I have not tried before but bro slk have recommended this a few times on other occassions
3) Sticky tape, stick on and pull off, see if it comes off.

If all these dont work and claying is your only option left, then I suggest doing it with care. Every piece that gets pulled out with claybar will drag onto other parts of the car u clay and potentially scratch. Not to mention also with such chunky pieces loading into your claybar, it may render your claybar eventually useless in the future. I would suggest tearing a small piece out to try it first instead of committing an entire piece in.
V429
post Mar 17 2019, 12:23 AM

Getting Started

Thanks for the quick reply. Diluted IPA & stick tape doesn't work in my case. Don't have zippo lighter fluid and WD40 right now, considering to go buy then tomorrow... Or maybe just straight clay it. Decide tomorrow. Haha

QUOTE(blurcase @ Mar 16 2019, 11:00 PM)

1) Zippo lighter fluid / IPA, both solvent thats great when cleaning off glue stains, might help with ur grass
2) WD40, this I have not tried before but bro slk have recommended this a few times on other occassions

If all these dont work and claying is your only option left, then I suggest doing it with care. Every piece that gets pulled out with claybar will drag onto other parts of the car u clay and potentially scratch. Not to mention also with such chunky pieces loading into your claybar, it may render your claybar eventually useless in the future. I would suggest tearing a small piece out to try it first instead of committing an entire piece in.
#Victor
post Mar 17 2019, 12:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(blurcase @ Mar 16 2019, 11:00 PM)

where can get zippo lighter fluid in physical store or buy it online?
quackpack
post Mar 17 2019, 07:31 AM

Casual

QUOTE(V429 @ Mar 16 2019, 09:51 PM)

Solvent will get it off. I wonder is it cause turtlewax tar remover is not strong enough.Dont go for claying until you tried a stronger solvent, heck even go for petrol if you can't get lighter fluid. Just make sure to quickly rinse it later.
blurcase
post Mar 17 2019, 08:50 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(#Victor @ Mar 17 2019, 12:31 AM)
where can get zippo lighter fluid in physical store or buy it online?
Zippo lighter fluid quite easy to find, many hardware stores and even stationary stores would carry the small cans at minimum.

QUOTE(quackpack @ Mar 17 2019, 07:31 AM)
Solvent will get it off. I wonder is it cause turtlewax tar remover is not strong enough.Dont go for claying until you tried a stronger solvent, heck even go for petrol if you can't get lighter fluid. Just make sure to quickly rinse it later.
Agreed. I believe one of the commonly used fuel for commercial cleaning (even some cheap car washes do it on cars) is using diesel. Alternatively try degreasers, they should lean abit on the alkaline side.
V429
post Mar 17 2019, 09:29 AM

Getting Started

Quick update : zippo lighter fluid doesn't work. Unfortunately I don't have degreaser, only APC. Probably going to resort to claying.

319 Pages « < 292 293 294 295 296 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0812sec    0.93    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2019 - 05:01 AM