Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

We're having intermittent DNS issues, that should resolve itself shortly.

282 Pages « < 277 278 279 280 281 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

V429
post Feb 2 2019, 10:46 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Maybe you can try ask him, haha. I am sure he will appreciate if you notice his workmanship. Speaking of which you reminded me I didn't try whether carpro PERL have water beading effect or not. tongue.gif test it next time. Hehe

QUOTE(celciuz @ Feb 2 2019, 09:42 PM)
The rubber beads more than my paint now 😅 that day when I send for painting... he got wash my car, it was done by a detailing shop. I wonder what he spray there... and the tire wall also same beads water like a boss.
blurcase
post Feb 2 2019, 11:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(~C.W.S~ @ Feb 1 2019, 05:00 PM)
Should I apply carpro iron x on my windscreen? Will it remove the windscreen water repellent treatment coating I done before?
Most likely Iron X could degrade your windshield coating to some mild degree. If u are trying to decontaminate your windshield while preserving your windshield coating, perhaps consider light claying instead.

However, if your intention is to strip your windshield coating, then better option is to polish.
~C.W.S~
post Feb 2 2019, 11:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SilentForever @ Feb 2 2019, 08:36 PM)
Use carpro ceriglass to remove all the coating. Claying is also recommended.
Actually is the opposite I'm trying to keep the coating. smile.gif

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 2 2019, 10:41 PM)
I think C.W.S intention is to clean off iron particles from windscreen without removing the windscreen coating is it?
You're right, but I just proceed today without spraying the ironX directly to windscreen.
Kaffatsum
post Feb 4 2019, 03:46 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

What's everyone's favorite car soap? Im just about to finish the 4L bottle of Osren's bubble and wax soap and looking to pick up a new car soap.

I learned I shouldn't buy too much of one product. It'll take me forever to finish and I like trying out new stuff 😅
V429
post Feb 4 2019, 05:29 PM

Getting Started

I use Meguairs NXT car shampoo. A bit expensive but I quite like it, good foam and cleaning ability in my opinion.

QUOTE(Kaffatsum @ Feb 4 2019, 03:46 PM)
What's everyone's favorite car soap? Im just about to finish the 4L bottle of Osren's bubble and wax soap and looking to pick up a new car soap.

I learned I shouldn't buy too much of one product. It'll take me forever to finish and I like trying out new stuff 😅
blurcase
post Feb 4 2019, 08:44 PM

Getting Started

My reply same with bro V429. smile.gif
Zer0pulse
post Feb 5 2019, 12:50 PM

Group: Newbie

been using NXT close to a year now.. i like it. been using Maguires product line quite a lot...
Par@dox
post Feb 9 2019, 01:13 AM

Gantzer

QUOTE(GeekinE90 @ Jun 11 2018, 12:10 PM)
CeramicPro is one of the best coatings in the local market here.  Many coatings which are cheaper are available but CeramicPro is known for it's super hydrophobic qualities that generally outlast others out there.  I have 2 cars done with them, one Gold one Silver package. 

Some observations:
1) The coating DOES wear off overtime.  About 18 months in, with regular care and gentle car wash using good PH balanced car shampoo at least once a week, You will notice scratches (esp near door handles from fingernail impact) and thinning of the coat as well as loss in hydrophobic qualities compared to day 1.  So take all the marketing about 9H hardness with a pinch of salt.

2) Don't bother with the additional "layers" marketed by them.  I found out that their layers does not mean multiple applications. i.e. one layer, cure, then add on top then cure etc.. etc..  They just spray up (considered 1 layer) then spray down (layer 2) total of x amount of times.  Proper CeramicPro applicators overseas will take multi days to apply the multi layer coat, but CeramicPro is done with the car within a day regardless if you take the basic or highest end multi layer option.

3) Interior coating is decent, and last decently.  Glass/windows coat doesn't last due to wiper abrasion etc but that is a given.

4) Not all applicator are equal in CeramicPro.  My Gold package car was not well done compared to my Silver package car.  I even found a spot on the fender which wasn't coated at all (based on water beading, surface feel and self wash observation).  For Gold package with (multilayer) it was unacceptable. They redid that part when I brought it back with the manager apologizing for the worker's oversight.  My other car was done beautifully (Silver package) with nice thick visible layer protection after the coating.  All plastics still remain "black and dark" even after 18 months today and counting...

5) As their warranty covers 5 - 7 years, you will likely send your car back to them to re-coat once its worn after 18 months to 2 years.  While their customer svc is excellent (i.e. no questions asked when you complain), the workmanship is not as good as I expect.  When I sent to re-coat, the car will be done in the open car wash area and not in the more "dust free" indoor AC area.  They prepped the surface to grind down the scratches and remove old coat, but the acidic? solution they used to prep the surface got the chrome trims and grill of the car leaving brown permanent stains. I.e. they don't tape up these areas in a recoat unlike new application.  In my case, they didn't even apply the ceramic coat after the polish and gave the car back to me.  When I felt the surface I knew it wasn't coated, and the manger apologized and then got their worker to spray coat it.  After the respray/recoat, I noted that the coating this time around wasn't of the same quality as the original, and suspect they did a Ceramic Light rather than a ceramic 9H recoat.  However, it's too much hassle to complain etc so I just live with it.

My most recent car, I went with CarPro CQuartz Finest Reserve from Waxson.  My observation:

1) Definitely workmanship is better.  The manager and supervisor are technical people who watch over the coating process (in CeramicPro, the management is .. more customer svc management and all techical and supervisory work is done by lower level workers only).  It was a multi day application as well for CQFR.   
2) Hydrophobic quality of CQFR doesn't match CeramicPro, but gloss is comparable or maybe slightly better.  The good thing about CarPro's program is there is scheduled maintenance factored into the package rather than CeramicPro's model of complain and then do.  I prefer the former than the latter.  Also Carpro maintenance program includes applying CarPro Reload to maintain the coat which I think in the long term, coating will need to be "refreshed" and maintained well. 

Overall, I still believe CeramicPro is one of the best in the market.  Just the quality of work and lack of structured maintenance program is not ideal.    I have friends who tried Gzox, Opticoat and Gtechniq and all coatings WILL wear off within a year or so.  CeramicPro seems most durable so far.. but will need some maintenance and careful dealing with the shop/management there.

Good luck!
Very interesting to hear the feedback from someone that has experienced both Ceramic Pro and CQuartz Finest Reserve.

These happen to be the two coatings that I am considering now.

Between the two, if you were to get another new car coated, would you go back to Ceramic Pro or stick with Finest Reserve?

V429
post Feb 10 2019, 11:54 AM

Getting Started

Noticed today Carpro PERL on tires does still have a bit of water beading / sheeting effect even after 2 weeks. But not so much on external plastic parts.

user posted image
user posted image

Also, noticed my parents' car have the same problem as Victor. There were also some other bugs and flies all died inside. Wonder how they get in? Hmm..

user posted image
clement5949
post Feb 10 2019, 04:41 PM

HerculesMent

Hi all sifu, I had my car for like 1 week old from delivery. May I know, if I want to apply wax myself, do i still need to do polishing? As my housing area, has heavy mist. So early morning, the whole car is wet.

Or i just get those watermark remover and apply wax? Currently I am using the osren wax and it's almost near to finish already. Wondering if I use those spray wax, can it last longer or last the same as the osren wax?

Thanks for in advance for the guide.
blurcase
post Feb 10 2019, 04:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 10 2019, 11:54 AM)
Noticed today Carpro PERL on tires does still have a bit of water beading / sheeting effect even after 2 weeks. But not so much on external plastic parts.

user posted image
user posted image

Also, noticed my parents' car have the same problem as Victor. There were also some other bugs and flies all died inside. Wonder how they get in? Hmm..

user posted image
Perl isnt the most durable of products, but it is very well dilutable, so that still makes it highly value for money. Probably just need to apply more frequently.

As for things going into the lamps, if there is no crack on the exterior, then chances are it may have gone in from the inside somehow.

QUOTE(clement5949 @ Feb 10 2019, 04:41 PM)
Hi all sifu, I had my car for like 1 week old from delivery. May I know, if I want to apply wax myself, do i still need to do polishing? As my housing area, has heavy mist. So early morning, the whole car is wet.

Or i just get those watermark remover and apply wax? Currently I am using the osren wax and it's almost near to finish already. Wondering if I use those spray wax, can it last longer or last the same as the osren wax?

Thanks for in advance for the guide.
Generally paste and liquid wax would be slightly more durable than spray wax. If u intend to migrate to spray wax for ease of application, then u may need to re-apply more frequently.

I used to live in an area where morning mist is a regular thing also. What I do is usually take a pail of water from my house and throw over the car, then go out. The wind speed from driving should push away most of the water.
clement5949
post Feb 10 2019, 05:03 PM

HerculesMent

QUOTE(blurcase @ Feb 10 2019, 04:51 PM)
Perl isnt the most durable of products, but it is very well dilutable, so that still makes it highly value for money. Probably just need to apply more frequently.

As for things going into the lamps, if there is no crack on the exterior, then chances are it may have gone in from the inside somehow.
Generally paste and liquid wax would be slightly more durable than spray wax. If u intend to migrate to spray wax for ease of application, then u may need to re-apply more frequently.

I used to live in an area where morning mist is a regular thing also. What I do is usually take a pail of water from my house and throw over the car, then go out. The wind speed from driving should push away most of the water.
Which means now I just need to apply the wax on the whole car then every morning spray some water on my car can already right? No need to polish for water mark removing?
blurcase
post Feb 10 2019, 07:57 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(clement5949 @ Feb 10 2019, 05:03 PM)
Which means now I just need to apply the wax on the whole car then every morning spray some water on my car can already right? No need to polish for water mark removing?
Mmm, let me clarify. Every morning I used to splash my car with water then drive out to work. If u just spray water and let it idle and dry, then the water will become watermarks instead.

Honestly there is no guarantee that watermarks wont form over time. Some days when the day is extra hot after a short drizzle or rain, watermarks may still form because of it. However, as long as u continue to clean your car regularly and apply protection like wax, then u should be able to remove watermarks easier in the future if the need arises.

Hope this clarifies.

V429
post Feb 10 2019, 11:18 PM

Getting Started

Bro Clement, I think basically if you wash your car regularly (once per week or at least once every 2 weeks) you dont need to worry too much about watermark. Watermark are usually a problem only if water dried on your car and you leave it without washing it off for long period of time and the mineral deposits in the water is baked or etched into car paint / window.

Another thing I would suggest you to do for your new car, is get coating for all your car windows (something like rainx), this in my opinion helps to minimize potential watermark on your window (though it may cause wiper juddering).

QUOTE(clement5949 @ Feb 10 2019, 05:03 PM)
clement5949
post Feb 11 2019, 07:11 AM

HerculesMent

QUOTE(blurcase @ Feb 10 2019, 07:57 PM)
Mmm, let me clarify. Every morning I used to splash my car with water then drive out to work. If u just spray water and let it idle and dry, then the water will become watermarks instead.

Honestly there is no guarantee that watermarks wont form over time. Some days when the day is extra hot after a short drizzle or rain, watermarks may still form because of it. However, as long as u continue to clean your car regularly and apply protection like wax, then u should be able to remove watermarks easier in the future if the need arises.

Hope this clarifies.
Yes, it does.

Thanks smile.gif
clement5949
post Feb 11 2019, 07:13 AM

HerculesMent

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 10 2019, 11:18 PM)
Bro Clement, I think basically if you wash your car regularly (once per week or at least once every 2 weeks) you dont need to worry too much about watermark. Watermark are usually a problem only if water dried on your car and you leave it without washing it off for long period of time and the mineral deposits in the water is baked or etched into car paint / window.

Another thing I would suggest you to do for your new car, is get coating for all your car windows (something like rainx), this in my opinion helps to minimize potential watermark on your window (though it may cause wiper juddering).
I bought the soft 99 glaco. My concern of using that right now, I worry it may make my Windows look oily 😅 because I did on my parents car, they complain now early morning the car windscreen got the mist stain sad.gif
V429
post Feb 11 2019, 08:18 AM

Getting Started

I see, maybe you can consider trying rainx since it's not too expensive I think. I also sometimes get morning mist on windscreen. Couldn't find reason why it happens so I just spray water and activate wiper to get rid of it.

QUOTE(clement5949 @ Feb 11 2019, 07:13 AM)
I bought the soft 99 glaco. My concern of using that right now, I worry it may make my Windows look oily 😅 because I did on my parents car, they complain now early morning the car windscreen got the mist stain sad.gif
clement5949
post Feb 11 2019, 08:31 AM

HerculesMent

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 11 2019, 08:18 AM)
I see, maybe you can consider trying rainx since it's not too expensive I think. I also sometimes get morning mist on windscreen. Couldn't find reason why it happens so I just spray water and activate wiper to get rid of it.
I see, thanks bro smile.gif
Kaffatsum
post Feb 12 2019, 10:46 AM

On my way

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 10 2019, 11:54 AM)

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
Hey bro, I was wondering how you find Carpro PERL in terms of application, durability, and as a protectant?

I'm actually interested in purchasing PERL exactly because of what @blurcase mentioned, in that it can be diluted and is multiuse. Reminds of of ONR because of how versatile it can be.
IMBeta305
post Feb 12 2019, 10:51 AM

Casual

How often do you guys clay and wax your daily drive car?

282 Pages « < 277 278 279 280 281 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0857sec    2.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 01:12 AM