794 Pages « < 269 270 271 272 273 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

Chiggah
post Dec 24 2018, 08:32 PM

Casual
460 posts

I have never actually heard of Osren. Wouldnt mind visiting their HQ, but Kepong is rather far lol. Any around PJ or Cheras ?

What wash mittens or microfibre clothes do you guys recommend, or any other accessories ? I have the meguiar leather cloth to absorb water. This cloth is amazing. Lasting me for 8 years now http://www.meguiars.com.au/wash-dry/microw...-chamois-large/

- Do not have power tools (buffer). Willing to invest in one, because doing by hand is extremely tough. I have used NXT wax with hand before
- I have a karcher water pressure for cleaning walls. Can invest on a car wash add-on for the karcher water pressure blaster

This post has been edited by Chiggah: Dec 24 2018, 08:37 PM
hnr2802
post Dec 25 2018, 04:53 PM

On my way
627 posts

Hi guys, can recommend good & affordable Detailer who can do polish & waxing at my house? Search but the threads is 4 months old.
slk
post Dec 26 2018, 05:06 PM

Casual
326 posts

QUOTE(hnr2802 @ Dec 25 2018, 04:53 PM)
Hi guys, can recommend good & affordable Detailer who can do polish & waxing at my house? Search but the threads is 4 months old.
why not give the official Meguiar's Malaysia importer a try
user posted image
slk
post Dec 26 2018, 05:09 PM

Casual
326 posts

QUOTE(Chiggah @ Dec 24 2018, 08:32 PM)
I have never actually heard of Osren. Wouldnt mind visiting their HQ, but Kepong is rather far lol. Any around PJ or Cheras ?

What wash mittens or microfibre clothes do you guys recommend, or any other accessories ? I have the meguiar leather cloth to absorb water. This cloth is amazing. Lasting me for 8 years now http://www.meguiars.com.au/wash-dry/microw...-chamois-large/

- Do not have power tools (buffer). Willing to invest in one, because doing by hand is extremely tough. I have used NXT wax with hand before
- I have a karcher water pressure for cleaning walls. Can invest on a car wash add-on for the karcher water pressure blaster
washmitt = lambswool
Drying MFs = Osren's drying MF.

foam lance for pressure washer = MJJC from www.aliexpress.com. dont get the original karcher foam lance because it doesnt foam much
tonYe
post Dec 27 2018, 09:52 PM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

I just went and did coating for my car last week... now came back from trip with a bit of deep scratches here and there. Some even looks done on purpose. Most obvious one being on the bonnet. Any advice on how I should approach on repairing the paint? Self-touchup or go to a workshop?
Chiggah
post Dec 27 2018, 10:35 PM

Casual
460 posts

Where can I get a wash bucket and grit guard for decent price ? Osren one is RM90 for the set
V429
post Dec 27 2018, 10:50 PM

1,002 posts

QUOTE(Chiggah @ Dec 27 2018, 10:35 PM)
Where can I get a wash bucket and grit guard for decent price ? Osren one is RM90 for the set
Wash bucket you can just find those used paint buckets and wash them clean to use. Grit guard I think are designed to fit those buckets as they are standard size at 26cm or something. Then maybe u can just buy grit guard only instead of buy in a set.

If you want alternative for grit guard, I think someone suggested before to buy from Aliexpress seller MJJC. If u don't want to bite the bullet and get grit guard for now, may I suggest you try the 2 bucket method of washing your car, it helps. Just Google it or find on YouTube on this method.
Chiggah
post Dec 27 2018, 10:54 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Dec 27 2018, 10:50 PM)
Wash bucket you can just find those used paint buckets and wash them clean to use. Grit guard I think are designed to fit those buckets as they are standard size at 26cm or something. Then maybe u can just buy grit guard only instead of buy in a set.

If you want alternative for grit guard, I think someone suggested before to buy from Aliexpress seller MJJC. If u don't want to bite the bullet and get grit guard for now, may I suggest you try the 2 bucket method of washing your car, it helps. Just Google it or find on YouTube on this method.
Yeah I am aware of the 2 bucket method, and used before -- without the grit guard.

I was just quite shocked of Osren's Rm90 per bucket + grit. And if I need two of those... I may just get a standard pail/bucket
blurcase
post Dec 28 2018, 12:46 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Dec 27 2018, 09:52 PM)
I just went and did coating for my car last week... now came back from trip with a bit of deep scratches here and there. Some even looks done on purpose. Most obvious one being on the bonnet. Any advice on how I should approach on repairing the paint? Self-touchup or go to a workshop?
If u have scratches after coating then u should go back to the coating shop to repair it. Rightfully they should have removed all defects before coating as that is what u paid for.

QUOTE(Chiggah @ Dec 27 2018, 10:35 PM)
If u search in Lazada, u will find that grit guards come in 2 main sizes, 23cm and 26cm diameter. bring a long 30cm ruler to AEON/AEON Big/Tesco nearest to u, go to their pails section, find measure the base of the pail if the diameter is the same, similar or very close. Those buckets should work just fine also.
tonYe
post Dec 28 2018, 09:10 AM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 28 2018, 12:46 AM)
If u have scratches after coating then u should go back to the coating shop to repair it. Rightfully they should have removed all defects before coating as that is what u paid for.
If u search in Lazada, u will find that grit guards come in 2 main sizes, 23cm and 26cm diameter. bring a long 30cm ruler to AEON/AEON Big/Tesco nearest to u, go to their pails section, find measure the base of the pail if the diameter is the same, similar or very close. Those buckets should work just fine also.
Scratches are considered as defects?
blurcase
post Dec 28 2018, 10:22 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Dec 28 2018, 09:10 AM)
Scratches are considered as defects?
In car detailing terminology, we call scratches, swirls, orange peel, water spots as paint defects because they cannot be washed off and normally need to be polished off. Dirt that can be washed off, iron particles, tar spots, and the rough feeling of a surface prior to claying are called surface contaminants because they can be removed via washing, chemical cleaners and claying.

Sorry for the misunderstanding as the term defects is used abit differently in car detailing. U can consider scratches as man-made defects.
tonYe
post Dec 28 2018, 10:45 AM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 28 2018, 10:22 AM)
In car detailing terminology, we call scratches, swirls, orange peel, water spots as paint defects because they cannot be washed off and normally need to be polished off. Dirt that can be washed off, iron particles, tar spots, and the rough feeling of a surface prior to claying are called surface contaminants because they can be removed via washing, chemical cleaners and claying.

Sorry for the misunderstanding as the term defects is used abit differently in car detailing. U can consider scratches as man-made defects.
Thanks for explaining. Had no idea. Just asked the shop that coated my car and they told me to head over for them to check. Hope they won't rip me off.
khorsengkiat
post Dec 28 2018, 10:55 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(g88 @ May 25 2018, 10:11 AM)
If any of you have chance come across this (video) product, my advice is Wait No More, GO FOR it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_4TIpvl7Wg

Ultra gloss, Super Slick, Durability (under testing now) but after 2 washes (in 2 weeks) with Sonax (hand, foam gun, mixed) still super slick  thumbsup.gif
Can we get it in Malaysia??
blurcase
post Dec 28 2018, 11:11 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Dec 28 2018, 10:45 AM)
Thanks for explaining. Had no idea. Just asked the shop that coated my car and they told me to head over for them to check. Hope they won't rip me off.
Rightfully they shouldnt charge, because they should have removed it before applying coating. However, there is a possible argument that the scratch was done after it left their shop, so guess this is a point of negotiation also.
yelfuzz
post Dec 28 2018, 12:38 PM

38 posts

hi guys, too many posts to read. but a simple question. Im getting my car and want to do coating. Any recomendations for good and also reasonable price or cheap? Cant afford those RM 10k coats.
IMBeta305
post Dec 28 2018, 12:46 PM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Dec 28 2018, 10:45 AM)
where you did your coating and dmg?
tonYe
post Dec 28 2018, 01:17 PM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 28 2018, 11:11 AM)
Rightfully they shouldnt charge, because they should have removed it before applying coating. However, there is a possible argument that the scratch was done after it left their shop, so guess this is a point of negotiation also.
It actually was scratched after coating. They said they don't do touchup for the paint but warranty will cover for the re-coating. Fair enough I think

QUOTE(IMBeta305 @ Dec 28 2018, 12:46 PM)
where you did your coating and dmg?
In Denai Alam, rm499. Saw their ad on FB
swatchguard
post Dec 28 2018, 05:31 PM

11 posts

Hi guys getting a new car soon.

wish to know recommendations for Exterior Coating / film that require minimum maintenance. that can last 3 to 5 years maybe.

Help? thanks.
popmaster22
post Dec 29 2018, 12:19 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(swatchguard @ Dec 28 2018, 05:31 PM)
Hi guys getting a new car soon.

wish to know recommendations for Exterior Coating / film that require minimum maintenance. that can last 3 to 5 years maybe.

Help? thanks.
There are no minimum maintenance in automotive or car detailing industry.... The only things u can maintain ur car exterior on tip top condition is to wash it properly n keep it clean... There are plenty of coating product in the market, of course famous one like ceramic, silica or sealant coating etc.... Depends on the budget u have, u can apply it on which one is more suitable for ur car.
V429
post Dec 29 2018, 11:30 AM

1,002 posts

Just to share my experience, I finally found out why grime trail keep appearing from my car's door handle part, despite my repeated washing with brush.

It's because there is grease applied inside the handle and I usually pull it lightly to wash it with brush, so I suppose grease mixed with soapy water is what caused it to form the grime trail.

Maybe next time I should just wash the outside of the door handle.

user posted image

794 Pages « < 269 270 271 272 273 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0244sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:57 PM