Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

marcus_bread
post Dec 19 2018, 03:37 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 19 2018, 03:23 PM)
That depends on what car u drive. If its Asian car (Japan/Korea/Malaysia), u only need to buy the Bosch Clear Advantage. But if your car is Western make (US, Europe), then u require Bosch Aerotwin. The clips are different.
i see that Bosch Clear Advantage is way cheaper, it is not silicone right?

This post has been edited by marcus_bread: Dec 19 2018, 03:39 PM
blurcase
post Dec 19 2018, 04:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(marcus_bread @ Dec 19 2018, 03:37 PM)
i see that Bosch Clear Advantage is way cheaper, it is not silicone right?
It is not silicone. Personally I am not a fan of silicone wipers, and also I find wipers to be wear and tear stuff, so Bosch fits into my budget and needs.
STEALYOURGLORY
post Dec 20 2018, 12:12 PM

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 19 2018, 03:23 PM)
That depends on what car u drive. If its Asian car (Japan/Korea/Malaysia), u only need to buy the Bosch Clear Advantage. But if your car is Western make (US, Europe), then u require Bosch Aerotwin. The clips are different.
A sealant is basically a synthetic protection liquid that provides more protection durability compared to traditional car waxes. A typical car wax may last between 1 week to 2 months, a sealant can last between 1 month to 4 months. Even though the argument could be durability can be subjective depending on how u care for your car, what is commonly agreed is a car sealant is more durable than wax.

https://www.best-auto-detailing-tips.com/ca...nt-sealant.html
https://www.goldeagle.com/tips-tools/what-i...-paint-sealant/

So before u may pop the next question of recommendation, let me just share there are numerous good quality car sealants in the market. The 2 popular ones are Carpro Reload and Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. Feel free to find reviews about them on youtube and compare.
LOL!! Thanks bro rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

SilentForever
post Dec 20 2018, 11:10 PM

Casual

QUOTE(marcus_bread @ Dec 19 2018, 11:30 AM)
anyone can recommend some cheap and reliable silicone wiper brand?
the one i know is bosch aerotwin and PIAA but is kinda expensive at RM100/pair.
so looking out for alternative at lower price.
TQ
Wiperfix? Shopee, lazada, 11street and their own website got sell. It is silicone. Gonna buy one soon for my other car since that one wipes worse than using hand haha. Just make sure u clean windshield good before installing new one. No coating also best.
SilentForever
post Dec 20 2018, 11:17 PM

Casual

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 19 2018, 04:27 PM)
It is not silicone. Personally I am not a fan of silicone wipers, and also I find wipers to be wear and tear stuff, so Bosch fits into my budget and needs.
Any reason as to why? 😀
Idiotking
post Dec 20 2018, 11:46 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(STEALYOURGLORY @ Dec 18 2018, 02:40 PM)
Ok sir. will get a clay bar lubricant too

Any polishing cream brand sir? How about soft 99?

Yes sir. I got watch couple of videos in the YouTube too..

Any suggestion what coat to apply sir? Is Mr.Fix's coat ok?
You can contact sgcb, they seem have ready place for you to do your car and teach you how to do.
blurcase
post Dec 21 2018, 01:29 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SilentForever @ Dec 20 2018, 11:17 PM)
Any reason as to why? 😀
Maybe its a long time ago, but I had used silicone wipers before, and I found that eventually it wears and tears pretty much the same as conventional rubber wipers, with a more expensive price tag because sellers then were cashing in on silicone wipers being "better and longer lasting" than regular wipers. Since after that experience, I decided to stick to Bosch rubber wipers, and just change it every 1-2 years, which is roughly about its lifespan anyways.

I have also shaped my mind to believe that wipers are a wear and tear consumable, not a buy once and forget item, so I prefer not to pay or hunt for expensive silicone wipers just for a slightly longer durability. Besides, companies like Bosch does good research into our tropical climate, and makes their wiper blades last reasonably longer for our hot weather.

If u guys do have a different opinion regarding wipers, please do share, as I have not purchased a silicone wiper for a long long time and dont know what's the price vs durability vs performance on silicone wipers these days.
lkoky
post Dec 21 2018, 07:28 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

interesting new coating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKUhBZ7q7Io
Chiggah
post Dec 21 2018, 08:00 PM

Getting Started

New to this thread. I have been using Meguairs gold class car wash and nxt was while I was residing overseas. Now I’m back in KL open to options since Meguiar is quite expensive here.

Friend suggestion Perma Glass. Can anyone comment about their car wash and wax product? Open to other options too

Car is pearl white in colour if that helps in decision making

This post has been edited by Chiggah: Dec 21 2018, 08:19 PM
legendaryNOKIA
post Dec 22 2018, 07:46 AM

So far using meguairs liquid wax, 5 weeks already and the wax is still there. Not bad
blurcase
post Dec 22 2018, 09:38 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Chiggah @ Dec 21 2018, 08:00 PM)
New to this thread. I have been using Meguairs gold class car wash and nxt was while I was residing overseas. Now I’m back in KL open to options since Meguiar is quite expensive here.

Friend suggestion Perma Glass. Can anyone comment about their car wash and wax product? Open to other options too

Car is pearl white in colour if that helps in decision making
Mmm, I do my wash and wax saperately, and I’m still using Meguiars NXT till today. U could head over to ACE hardware to browse also, they have a decent selection of car care products. Alternatively u could head over to Osren in Kepong to see what they have in store for u.

As u mentioned your car being pearl white, just be aware that with our tropical rains, u could start seeing dirt streaks forming at door handles and other places, which if left long enough may not be able to be washed off with regular car wash alone. For those streaks it may require either a stronger cleaner (Osren in Kepong has a solution) or a cleaner wax to clean them off.
SilentForever
post Dec 22 2018, 08:22 PM

Casual

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 22 2018, 09:38 AM)
Mmm, I do my wash and wax saperately, and I’m still using Meguiars NXT till today. U could head over to ACE hardware to browse also, they have a decent selection of car care products. Alternatively u could head over to Osren in Kepong to see what they have in store for u.

As u mentioned your car being pearl white, just be aware that with our tropical rains, u could start seeing dirt streaks forming at door handles and other places, which if left long enough may not be able to be washed off with regular car wash alone. For those streaks it may require either a stronger cleaner (Osren in Kepong has a solution) or a cleaner wax to clean them off.
What is the difference between NXT and the gold class?
lonelymac
post Dec 22 2018, 09:16 PM

Hi Sifus, I'm new here... Recently bought the fast finish.. and dunno how to start using it.. having a car 10month never wax before.. could anyone suggest a simple guideline how to start and prepare before waxing? Should I only clay cleaning the car? Which Osren claybar suitable to my car age?
blurcase
post Dec 22 2018, 10:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SilentForever @ Dec 22 2018, 08:22 PM)
What is the difference between NXT and the gold class?
As I know NXT is slightly more aggressive as a soap, cleans better than gold class. Having said so doesnt automatically mean NXT is automatically better, as more aggressive also means it will deplete the protection u apply faster. So if u wanna maximize your cleaning, then go for NXT, if u wanna minimize damage to your sealant/wax that u applied previously, then Gold Class.

This is based on my observation based on having used both products before, but no means its a technical fact. If anyone else have better clarity on technical level of these 2 products, please feel free to share.

QUOTE(lonelymac @ Dec 22 2018, 09:16 PM)
Hi Sifus, I'm new here... Recently bought the fast finish.. and dunno how to start using it.. having a car 10month never wax before.. could anyone suggest a simple guideline how to start and prepare before waxing? Should I only clay cleaning the car? Which Osren claybar suitable to my car age?
Start by washing your car clean. After that clay your car.

Age of car is not relevant to choice of claybar. Most important is find a claybar of good quality (not the cheap blue 3M types) and compatible clay lubricant.

Once done then give your car a rinsing again to clean off clay lube residue. Then can apply your Fast Finish based on the instructions given.
lonelymac
post Dec 23 2018, 11:44 AM

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 22 2018, 10:20 PM)
Start by washing your car clean. After that clay your car.

Age of car is not relevant to choice of claybar. Most important is find a claybar of good quality (not the cheap blue 3M types) and compatible clay lubricant.

Once done then give your car a rinsing again to clean off clay lube residue. Then can apply your Fast Finish based on the instructions given.
Thanks for your guidance.. just wash my car and scratch it... OMG... I think my microfibre too thin already... Any good thick microfibre towel? Is there any products can remove the scratches? sad.gif
blurcase
post Dec 23 2018, 12:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lonelymac @ Dec 23 2018, 11:44 AM)
Thanks for your guidance.. just wash my car and scratch it... OMG... I think my microfibre too thin already... Any good thick microfibre towel? Is there any products can remove the scratches? sad.gif
Perhaps u should review your washing method as well as the equipment u use.

Method review:
1) Ideally u should always wash from top to bottom, because bottom of the car is where dirt collects the most and u dont want to pickup dirt from bottom and scrub the top.
2) U should always rinse your wash mitt before moving to next panel/section instead of trying to stretch your mitt's soap. If u willing to do it, use your spray hose and pressure spray off the wash mitt surface before dunking into your soap bucket for more soap. Alternatively, try the 2 bucket method of washing.
3) Never use the same mitt or soap for wheels and car body.
4) For drying, ideally top to bottom approach also should apply.

Equipment review:
1) U should always inspect your microfiber towels before drying car. Sometimes there may be hard contaminants that didnt come off in the last wash. Use your fingernails to pick them off.
2) Separate your wash mitt between car body and wheels.
3) Avoid using sponges as wash mitts, as they tend to create marring that will be visible over time.
4) Avoid using squeegee as a means of drying your car.

For good microfiber towel, u can try contact SGCB or Osren, or alternatively can try Fireball towel. Personally, I would buy a bigger towel from Osren or SGCB, then fold them to give it more thickness.

For removing scratches, u can try getting some recommendations from Osren to start. They have compounds, polishes and pads that can start u off.
lonelymac
post Dec 23 2018, 04:29 PM

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 23 2018, 12:27 PM)
Perhaps u should review your washing method as well as the equipment u use.

Method review:
1) Ideally u should always wash from top to bottom, because bottom of the car is where dirt collects the most and u dont want to pickup dirt from bottom and scrub the top.
2) U should always rinse your wash mitt before moving to next panel/section instead of trying to stretch your mitt's soap. If u willing to do it, use your spray hose and pressure spray off the wash mitt surface before dunking into your soap bucket for more soap. Alternatively, try the 2 bucket method of washing.
3) Never use the same mitt or soap for wheels and car body.
4) For drying, ideally top to bottom approach also should apply.

Equipment review:
1) U should always inspect your microfiber towels before drying car. Sometimes there may be hard contaminants that didnt come off in the last wash. Use your fingernails to pick them off.
2) Separate your wash mitt between car body and wheels.
3) Avoid using sponges as wash mitts, as they tend to create marring that will be visible over time.
4) Avoid using squeegee as a means of drying your car.

For good microfiber towel, u can try contact SGCB or Osren, or alternatively can try Fireball towel. Personally, I would buy a bigger towel from Osren or SGCB, then fold them to give it more thickness.

For removing scratches, u can try getting some recommendations from Osren to start. They have compounds, polishes and pads that can start u off.
Wow .. very informative... Thanks man..
it's my nail causes the scratch... sad.gif Should cut it more short..
Is it we only able to get Osren from their shop at Kepong? Is there any other places like Parkson that I find their products?
blurcase
post Dec 23 2018, 06:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lonelymac @ Dec 23 2018, 04:29 PM)
Wow .. very informative... Thanks man..
it's my nail causes the scratch... sad.gif Should cut it more short..
Is it we only able to get Osren from their shop at Kepong? Is there any other places like Parkson that I find their products?
Ah

Currently Osren only distributes their products to commercial detailers around the country (and overseas I think). However, they do welcome anyone to there HQ in Kepong to purchase direct from them. Alternatively, u can also contact them via their FB page to enquire and also purchase products and arrange shipment.
lonelymac
post Dec 23 2018, 09:37 PM

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 23 2018, 06:26 PM)
Ah

Currently Osren only distributes their products to commercial detailers around the country (and overseas I think). However, they do welcome anyone to there HQ in Kepong to purchase direct from them. Alternatively, u can also contact them via their FB page to enquire and also purchase products and arrange shipment.
Oh. Thanks. Actually I only get to know Osren this brand from this forum. Haha.
celciuz
post Dec 24 2018, 09:21 AM

CY Pixels
Group: Veteran

QUOTE(lonelymac @ Dec 23 2018, 09:37 PM)
Oh. Thanks. Actually I only get to know Osren this brand from this forum. Haha.
Definitely go to Osren once, the staffs there is friendly and helpful laugh.gif

312 Pages « < 268 269 270 271 272 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0885sec    2.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd April 2019 - 06:41 PM