Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

794 Pages « < 163 164 165 166 167 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

sunmaster
post Dec 18 2017, 09:21 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(douglas_tong @ Dec 16 2017, 08:56 PM)
Hmm water spots are caused by minerals in water. When water evaporates, they leave behind dirt and deposits. When baked under sun over a period of time, it forms.

Doesn't matter what is applied, your car is prone to get waterspots as long as it is exposed to water and sun with the above condition.

Best to wash frequently.

To treat, perhaps you could try cleaner wax or light polishing approach. To prevent, wash your car more often or at least once a week so the deposits will not bake overtime under the sun

Edit: if you still have coating on your car, try using waterspots removal , the liquid type. Abrading with cleaner wax or polish will abrade your coating away
Any recommended cleaner wax?
sheahann
post Dec 18 2017, 10:11 AM

Crashing like a tidal wave..
2,236 posts

Hi Sifu,

Wondering if EzyTouchUp Paint can work well based on the picture attached ?
I think someone car next to me hit my car door handle

This post has been edited by sheahann: Dec 18 2017, 10:12 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
newbiz2008
post Dec 18 2017, 01:31 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Sifu, Beside meguairs gold class shampoo what other brand comparable to it in terms of.quality and price?
douglas_tong
post Dec 18 2017, 02:26 PM

MaddDougg
1,719 posts

QUOTE(sunmaster @ Dec 18 2017, 09:21 AM)
Any recommended cleaner wax?
Meguiars cleaner wax and osren paint restorer. Mother's is good as well.

More premium go for McKee's. Heard it is good.
Or hd speed
douglas_tong
post Dec 18 2017, 02:29 PM

MaddDougg
1,719 posts

QUOTE(newbiz2008 @ Dec 18 2017, 01:31 PM)
Sifu, Beside meguairs gold class shampoo what other brand comparable to it in terms of.quality and price?
Osren bubble and wax
Optimum car wash

6UE5T
post Dec 18 2017, 05:42 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(vince01 @ Dec 17 2017, 10:12 PM)
Hi everyone,

I have a black colour car. Any idea how to remove swirl marks? Try wax but still cannot remove it.

Thanks
Wax is only for coating and helps water beading but not to remove swirls/scratches. You need to polish it first then once clear then apply wax.

If you're not sure how, then better leave it to the pros by going to a car saloon/detailers. Can try some of the Fave vouchers, some of them provide good value for money. Just pay attention to what is included in the package deal whether it includes claying and polishing then waxing, or just waxing. For your case minimal needs the one that includes polishing (better if also got claying). If you live around Klang Valley or Shah Alam, you can try Haverkamp/Modesta+, they have Fave vouchers for several package deals. There's one that includes claying, polishing, waxing using good stuff like Meguiars plus engine cleaning and nano misting interior, all for only rm69 for weekdays (if weekends top up another rm5 and SUV/MPV top up rm30). I've tried this service twice now and very happy with them. My paint becomes very shinny and as smooth as butter again. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by 6UE5T: Dec 18 2017, 05:43 PM
hjh87
post Dec 18 2017, 10:36 PM

Enthusiast
773 posts

QUOTE(douglas_tong @ Dec 16 2017, 08:56 PM)
Hmm water spots are caused by minerals in water. When water evaporates, they leave behind dirt and deposits. When baked under sun over a period of time, it forms.

Doesn't matter what is applied, your car is prone to get waterspots as long as it is exposed to water and sun with the above condition.

Best to wash frequently.

To treat, perhaps you could try cleaner wax or light polishing approach. To prevent, wash your car more often or at least once a week so the deposits will not bake overtime under the sun

Edit: if you still have coating on your car, try using waterspots removal , the liquid type. Abrading with cleaner wax or polish will abrade your coating away
Hi Douglas, any good recommendation on the liquid type water spot removal beside the Meguiar's.
Gamer
post Dec 19 2017, 12:00 AM

Be Original
3,366 posts

QUOTE(sheahann @ Dec 18 2017, 10:11 AM)
Hi Sifu,

Wondering if EzyTouchUp Paint can work well based on the picture attached ?
I think someone car next to me hit my car door handle
done many times, as soon as the paint or EzyTouchUp paint color are same then is fine, make sure you have tiny nylon paint brush to do the work.

for me, after fill out, i do wet sanding to level the touch up spot.
Gamer
post Dec 19 2017, 12:04 AM

Be Original
3,366 posts

Hi everyone,

I have a black colour car. Any idea how to remove swirl marks? Try wax but still cannot remove it.

Thanks
swirl marks, you need to compound then polish and the last apply the wax, wax only for temporary paint protection.
vince01
post Dec 19 2017, 08:48 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Dec 18 2017, 05:42 PM)
Wax is only for coating and helps water beading but not to remove swirls/scratches. You need to polish it first then once clear then apply wax.

If you're not sure how, then better leave it to the pros by going to a car saloon/detailers. Can try some of the Fave vouchers, some of them provide good value for money. Just pay attention to what is included in the package deal whether it includes claying and polishing then waxing, or just waxing. For your case minimal needs the one that includes polishing (better if also got claying). If you live around Klang Valley or Shah Alam, you can try Haverkamp/Modesta+, they have Fave vouchers for several package deals. There's one that includes claying, polishing, waxing using good stuff like Meguiars plus engine cleaning and nano misting interior, all for only rm69 for weekdays (if weekends top up another rm5 and SUV/MPV top up rm30). I've tried this service twice now and very happy with them. My paint becomes very shinny and as smooth as butter again.  biggrin.gif
Thanks for your comment. I have check on fave on some deals but cannot found the one you recommended. I staying in kota damansara so maybe looking at this area. Perhaps you have any recommendation at this area?.
6UE5T
post Dec 19 2017, 02:42 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(vince01 @ Dec 19 2017, 08:48 AM)
Thanks for your comment. I have check on fave on some deals but cannot found the one you recommended. I staying in kota damansara so maybe looking at this area. Perhaps you have any recommendation at this area?.
Hmm got many in that area but not sure which one to recommend though. I had tried once before using Groupon a saloon in the shop areas around the Strand but forgotten the name, pretty decent also.
douglas_tong
post Dec 19 2017, 08:58 PM

MaddDougg
1,719 posts

QUOTE(hjh87 @ Dec 18 2017, 10:36 PM)
Hi Douglas, any good recommendation on the liquid type water spot removal beside the Meguiar's.
Liquid solution...the ones that I know of is carpro water spots removal, optimum mdr (mineral deposit removal) and osren water stain removal
blurcase
post Dec 19 2017, 10:21 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(philip42 @ Dec 17 2017, 05:34 PM)
Guys how do I remove cigarette burn mark on my car roof? Someone threw a lit cigarette bud on my car and it left a burn mark.
Hmm, from experience, there isnt much u can do with burns. u could try abit of wetsanding, then compound and polish, but I dont think it will completely remove it because burnt paint is technically paint and clearcoat melted. Just my 2 sen.

Hi everyone,

Thanks
For black cars, swirls are the easiest to see and usually the toughest to fully remove. It is not because of the paint quality or anything, it is just that the contrast between your clearcoat and black colour will always make swirls, scratches and even stone chips stand out. Black car's only advantage generally is that it doesnt look as dirty so quickly.

In the opposite side, a white car u will find very hard to see any swirls and fine scratches, but will look dirty very easily and sometimes even turn yellow-ish or off-white colour.

It is almost definite that u will need to go for a polish (and maybe step up to compound before polish). Unfortunately waxing alone wont do much good, because at best u are masking the defect and merely filling up the swirl lines with wax, which once u wash a few rounds, the wax will all go away and swirls come back again.

Just to explain abit more, polishing/compounding is used to shave a super fine layer off your paint. Waxing/Sealant/Coating are merely to add a layer of protection on top of your paint. Swirls are super-fine scratches on your paint that needs to be shaven off.
linkin182
post Dec 20 2017, 09:11 AM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Dec 19 2017, 10:21 PM)
Just to explain abit more, polishing/compounding is used to shave a super fine layer off your paint. Waxing/Sealant/Coating are merely to add a layer of protection on top of your paint. Swirls are super-fine scratches on your paint that needs to be shaven off.
Interesting explanation, can I say "Coating" would last longer in the long run as it seems to act like a clearcoat covering the swirls?
I suppose we can also add wax on-top of the Coating to give it that extra shine?
N33d
post Dec 20 2017, 09:41 AM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(linkin182 @ Dec 20 2017, 09:11 AM)
Interesting explanation, can I say "Coating" would last longer in the long run as it seems to act like a clearcoat covering the swirls?
I suppose we can also add wax on-top of the Coating to give it that extra shine?
if a coating swirls free for a longer period of time compare to raw clearcoat,it not because it cover the swirls, is because some good coating is harder than clearcoat, therefore more resistant to micro-scratching = swirls
if you use a 'coating' that made up the same material as the clearcoat, u will get swirls in no time too
douglas_tong
post Dec 20 2017, 11:40 AM

MaddDougg
1,719 posts

QUOTE(linkin182 @ Dec 20 2017, 09:11 AM)
Coating last longer because it crystalises and hardens.

Not all waxes are recommended. Depending on the solvent it is formulated with. There are many types of solvents and some are known to deteriorate bonds. After all solvents are the one that makes wax malleable and softer for application purposes.

Spray wax usually have weaker solvents, which also explains why many uses spray wax as topper.
SUSadvocado
post Dec 20 2017, 04:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

Anyone tried those touch up paints in supermarket?

I used hobby paint to touch up as it matches the color. However since Hobby paint Clear Coat aren't durable exposed to environment i tried the Clear Coat Autospa selling around rm10.

I find it very difficult to use as after shaking the mixture is still very thick, like glue, and either too thick applied or you try to level it it becomes smudgy like glue drying up (just within few seconds).

End up just looks like i dripped some superglue on the touched up area.
linkin182
post Dec 20 2017, 04:08 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ Dec 20 2017, 04:02 PM)
Anyone tried those touch up paints in supermarket?

I used hobby paint to touch up as it matches the color. However since Hobby paint Clear Coat aren't durable exposed to environment i tried the Clear Coat Autospa selling around rm10.

I find it very difficult to use as after shaking the mixture is still very thick, like glue, and either too thick applied or you try to level it it becomes smudgy like glue drying up (just within few seconds).

End up just looks like i dripped some superglue on the touched up area.
EZY Touchup sells Clear Coat separately.
SUSadvocado
post Dec 20 2017, 04:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(linkin182 @ Dec 20 2017, 04:08 PM)
EZY Touchup sells Clear Coat separately.
well i bought the Autospa clear coat. did not expect it to be so thick. since i did not have a thinner on hand i just did a shabby job.

it's either abit thick like i dropped superglue on it or it looks rough like i just wiped Uhu on it.

and for folks saying Metallic Silver is hard to touch up, it's actually the easiest. because the nature of metallic paint they even out very well and the metallic flakes in the paint makes the difference between the touched up area & nearby less visible. just make sure you thin the paint enough so it settles itself but not too thin.
amirudin920927
post Dec 20 2017, 06:32 PM

///-| Kapten | Amirudin |-\\\
1,431 posts

Hello all sifu.. Wanna ask, currently what are the best polish product in the market?

794 Pages « < 163 164 165 166 167 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:04 PM