794 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

bo093
post Mar 11 2016, 12:40 PM

1,157 posts

QUOTE(mot88 @ Mar 9 2016, 10:47 PM)
You can find cheap DA as per my compilation of price list as per link below, as low as RM 480 for 8mm DA. Took a whole month to compile during my free time  biggrin.gif

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3334337/+2580
[go to bottom of page]

There isn't any 'cheap' DA at Jln Pasar, maybe rotary buffer / random orbital. DA usually sold by detailer shop or importer. If you are looking for value for money 21mm orbit (bigger throw), you can pm me.
Dang, price like that turn off for me.
Wanna learn on rotary seem a bit scary for me though sad.gif
TSKrisMas
post Mar 11 2016, 03:23 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(bo093 @ Mar 11 2016, 12:40 PM)
Dang, price like that turn off for me.
Wanna learn on rotary seem a bit scary for me though sad.gif
Actually, it's not as scary as people made it sounds like....all you need it just somebody to guide you and a test panel. When I first started, my guide was youtube and my test panel was my in-laws neglected Nissan 120Y.... tongue.gif
mot88
post Mar 11 2016, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Detailing never been cheap especially now with the drop of RM. biggrin.gif
bo093
post Mar 12 2016, 02:53 AM

1,157 posts

QUOTE(KrisMas @ Mar 11 2016, 03:23 PM)
Actually, it's not as scary as people made it sounds like....all you need it just somebody to guide you and a test panel. When I first started, my guide was youtube and my test panel was my in-laws neglected Nissan 120Y.... tongue.gif
Ahh, right now my plan is to buy Skil brand.
But I haven't made my mind on the compound, which feel like
My test panel is gonna be my car roof, since I park outside and under a tree.
The aim for me is relatively cheap/budget detailing.

QUOTE(mot88 @ Mar 11 2016, 09:43 PM)
Detailing never been cheap especially now with the drop of RM.  biggrin.gif
Is not gonna be cheap cheap. But looking for something relatively cheap. laugh.gif
DA out of my mind, rotary is the next thing i guess.
Edlois
post Mar 12 2016, 03:27 PM

27 posts

Hi guys I been using turtle was super hard shell for a week the finish was quite good. I have one question does it lasting as their advertise on the label ? Any one has use this ? I know others like meguirs is good but it's too pricy for me
xngjn
post Mar 12 2016, 09:21 PM

Regular
1,239 posts

user posted image

This consider wax or polish?
I can used it to clean my watermark at door handle?

Bendan[520]
post Mar 12 2016, 11:09 PM

Nerd
1,019 posts

user posted image

Bought this for cockpit today at jusco for RM18 drool.gif

This post has been edited by Bendan[520]: Mar 12 2016, 11:09 PM
dwRK
post Mar 13 2016, 12:58 PM

the consummate chartist
5,114 posts

Been using Osren's bubble wash for a week now...washing every two days

Nice smell aside...not sure if it is doing it for me...looks like its leaving behind a thin grey film on my wax...needs a QD follow up...

This post has been edited by dwRK: Mar 13 2016, 12:59 PM
douglas_tong
post Mar 13 2016, 04:51 PM

MaddDougg
1,719 posts

QUOTE(Edlois @ Mar 12 2016, 03:27 PM)
Hi guys I been using turtle was super hard shell for a week the finish was quite good. I have one question does it lasting as their advertise on the label ? Any one has use this ? I know others like meguirs is good but it's too pricy for me
i doubt so. most oversea brands base their test with consideration of their weather, not ours. plus, march is going to be the hottest month this year. hot weather = wax diminishes faster

QUOTE(Bendan520 @ Mar 12 2016, 11:09 PM)
user posted image

Bought this for cockpit today at jusco for RM18  drool.gif
PG products are quite a steal. Sometimes if you check 11street (rakuten exited Malaysia) they have better deals and discounts than tesco/aeon.

QUOTE(dwRK @ Mar 13 2016, 12:58 PM)
Been using Osren's bubble wash for a week now...washing every two days

Nice smell aside...not sure if it is doing it for me...looks like its leaving behind a thin grey film on my wax...needs a QD follow up...
I have a bottle of 4 litres too. Unused yet but looking forward to it.
Any pictures of the thin grey film?
Axile
post Mar 14 2016, 11:24 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Dear sifus,

I have cleaned my car > clay > polish.

During the polish process, I used Soft99 Cleaner & Polish (blue tin). I found out that the sponge is dirty with black dirt. My question is, I thought claying process already removed all dirt but why during polishing, I can see my sponge becoming black. hmm.gif
lifeless_creature
post Mar 14 2016, 11:30 AM

The Kid
1,219 posts

QUOTE(Axile @ Mar 14 2016, 11:24 AM)
Dear sifus,

During the polish process, I used Soft99 Cleaner & Polish (blue tin). I found out that the sponge is dirty with black dirt. My question is, I thought claying process already removed all dirt but why during polishing, I can see my sponge becoming black.  hmm.gif
bro,
This is normal, that means the surface is not entirely cleaned during claying, even I clayed my bonet twice, I am still seeing my sponge turned black during cleansing (was using cleanser to remove my old wax/polish).
Axile
post Mar 14 2016, 11:54 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(lifeless_creature @ Mar 14 2016, 11:30 AM)
bro,
  This is normal, that means the surface is not entirely cleaned during claying, even I clayed my bonet twice, I am still seeing my sponge turned black during cleansing (was using cleanser to remove my old wax/polish).
Thanks for sharing bro. In this case, can I assume I might get slight swirl because I rubbed the sponge on the exterior during polishing process as the surface is not entirely clean? But I dont find any swirl on the roof of the car under bright lights.

Whatever111
post Mar 14 2016, 04:14 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

For anyone that is interested in the rupes machine it seems that autocolortech is having a promotion next month. Rm1400 for lhr15es (machine only).
lifeless_creature
post Mar 14 2016, 04:23 PM

The Kid
1,219 posts

QUOTE(Axile @ Mar 14 2016, 11:54 AM)
Thanks for sharing bro. In this case, can I assume I might get slight swirl because I rubbed the sponge on the exterior during polishing process as the surface is not entirely clean? But I dont find any swirl on the roof of the car under bright lights.
yes, you may or may not get swirls by rubbing sponge on your paintwork, in the event that swirls is inflicted on the surface, your polish may have removed it anyway, since you are polishing it..smile.gif

This post has been edited by lifeless_creature: Mar 14 2016, 04:25 PM
mot88
post Mar 14 2016, 10:01 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(Whatever111 @ Mar 14 2016, 04:14 PM)
For anyone that is interested in the rupes machine it seems that autocolortech is having a promotion next month. Rm1400 for lhr15es (machine only).
Thank you for the tinkle but it has been discussed before and it is Mark 1 (first generation).

Rupes LHR 15E - 15mm orbit (Mark I) RM 1400 [special offer]
Edlois
post Mar 15 2016, 12:01 AM

27 posts

Hi gus/sifus!!! i just wash clay and wax my car the other day, i found out that on my roof and bonnet i saw alot of swirls marks. i was terrifies of polishing my car because:

1. im not a experience detailer, polishing will only create more swirl mark.
2. i dont have any polishing machine.

i know there's some type called polish and some called compound. i know polish is removing a thin layer of dirt/defected clear coat to review the fresh under layer. Do regular polish will affect the clear coat alot ?

im having a 2011 vios E

any suggestions ? advice for any product that affordable lah~ haha College guy here.

currently having a fresh layer of Wax.

acefreakz
post Mar 15 2016, 06:23 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Edlois @ Mar 15 2016, 12:01 AM)
Hi gus/sifus!!! i just wash clay and wax my car the other day, i found out that on my roof and bonnet i saw alot of swirls marks. i was terrifies of polishing my car because:

i know there's some type called polish and some called compound. i know polish is removing a thin layer of dirt/defected clear coat to review the fresh under layer. Do regular polish will affect the clear coat alot ?

im having a 2011 vios E

any suggestions ? advice for any product that affordable lah~ haha College guy here.

get a DA for urself if u really care abt the swirls smile.gif I have been using Shinemate ERO600 for 3 years. It's awesome for light correction. IIRC it's priced around RM600 (Sabah), not sure the current price lol.

user posted image

Then get urself a Meguiar's Ultimate Polish (RM90?, it will last u almost forever lol) as it's a user friendly entry level product imo.

Welcome to the club =P

Do regular polish will affect the clear coat alot ? < no, if u know what ur doing smile.gif
TSKrisMas
post Mar 15 2016, 08:35 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Axile @ Mar 14 2016, 11:24 AM)
Dear sifus,

During the polish process, I used Soft99 Cleaner & Polish (blue tin). I found out that the sponge is dirty with black dirt. My question is, I thought claying process already removed all dirt but why during polishing, I can see my sponge becoming black.  hmm.gif
Claying would 'shear off' contaminant embedded ON TOP OF the surface of the paint. It does not remove contaminant inside the pores of the paint. The sponge is dirty because by polishing, you're removing those contaminant.

QUOTE(mot88 @ Mar 14 2016, 10:01 PM)
Thank you for the tinkle but it has been discussed before and it is Mark 1 (first generation). 

Rupes LHR 15E - 15mm orbit (Mark I) RM 1400 [special offer]
Regardless, the 'Mark I' LHR15E is more than good enough for pro or pro-sumer and RM1400 is a very good price indeed.

QUOTE(Edlois @ Mar 15 2016, 12:01 AM)

im having a 2011 vios E

If you don't know what you're doing, better send it to the pro. But if you can't afford to and still want to do it, go slowly, learn about the steps, products, methods, etc. before you start so that you don't create more harm than good. You can start by learning how to apply a sealant (liquid). Then look for a mild polish and try it out since polishing and applying sealant utilise the same techniqe except for the pressure during 'application'. When you've achieve a satisfactory result with a mild polish then you can start looking into using a compound to remove the rest of the deeper defects.

Good luck.
TSKrisMas
post Mar 15 2016, 10:11 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Yangazhar @ Mar 15 2016, 09:15 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Cannot open....
dwRK
post Mar 16 2016, 02:19 PM

the consummate chartist
5,114 posts

Sifus...pls recommend a sealant.

Looking for one that does not attract too much dust, water spots, road grime and road film...makes washing easier...beading and visuals not that important. smile.gif Tq.

794 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.12    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:50 PM