794 Pages « < 773 774 775 776 777 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

Leo the Lion
post Feb 9 2023, 04:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,346 posts

QUOTE(Joshlee9939 @ Feb 9 2023, 05:22 PM)
Hi, i did my PPF at Rhinepro Bangsar few months back, their price is reasonable and suprisingly the workmanship over there is not too bad, can give it a try. Look for the PIC Kelvin (012-9570900). He's very responsive and friendly.
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2023/02/09/EzEycc.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2023/02/09/EzEycc.md.jpg </a>
Thanks!

Has anyone used or surveyed Revivify PPF and Raytech PPF?
Joshlee9939 P
post Feb 9 2023, 04:34 PM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(Leo the Lion @ Feb 9 2023, 04:30 PM)
Thanks!

Has anyone used or surveyed Revivify PPF and Raytech PPF?
Revivify uses "liquid PPF", which i think it only works like coating, not reliable haha
Leo the Lion
post Feb 9 2023, 04:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,346 posts

QUOTE(Joshlee9939 @ Feb 9 2023, 05:34 PM)
Revivify uses "liquid PPF", which i think it only works like coating, not reliable haha
Damn… and I thought its good. They quoted cheaper than Magnus, differences about 1.4k
Leo the Lion
post Feb 9 2023, 06:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,346 posts

Question, do coating first or PPF first?
dog999
post Feb 9 2023, 08:29 PM

Casual
330 posts

QUOTE(Leo the Lion @ Feb 9 2023, 06:52 PM)
Question, do coating first or PPF first?
paint correction/ coating first only ppf . Example a diamond need perfect cut/polish only can reflect nicely . After polish/paint correction only ppf then ur car will be more shinier . Never apply ppf on paint with micro scratches/dull paint . All factory new car also have alot swirl / micro scratches that require polishing/paint correction .

PPF also have 2 kind of material , Self healing( more exp) / none self healing .
2 kind of workmanship Handcut (cheaper) / Laser pre cut according car model .

Just careful cheap taiwan/China ppf ....after years will crack upon peeling . And during removal will damage ur car Clear Coat .
ZZR-Pilot
post Feb 14 2023, 10:58 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(dog999 @ Feb 9 2023, 09:29 PM)

Just careful cheap taiwan/China ppf ....after years will crack upon peeling . And during removal will damage ur car Clear Coat .
They call these TPH, which is based on PVC. Deswai. The real PPF material is TPU.

BlueHeng
post Feb 16 2023, 06:06 PM

1,601 posts

QUOTE(dog999 @ Feb 9 2023, 08:29 PM)
paint correction/ coating first only ppf . Example a diamond need perfect cut/polish only can reflect nicely . After polish/paint correction only ppf then ur car will be more shinier . Never apply ppf on paint with micro scratches/dull paint . All factory new car also have alot swirl / micro scratches that require polishing/paint correction . 

PPF also have 2 kind of material , Self healing( more exp) / none self healing  .
2 kind of workmanship Handcut (cheaper) / Laser pre cut according car model .

First step is always paint correction but I think you got the ppf/coating the other way round. You should be putting on your PPF first (scratch / chip protection) and then your coating on top of the PPF (additional gloss / slickness / easier to clean). But not all coatings are compatible with PPF.
Colinlim75
post Feb 20 2023, 04:51 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

Hi,

Need advise for tyre wet n shine look should I go for armor or soft99 or any other product.

Thanks in advance..
dudester
post Feb 20 2023, 05:01 PM

Enthusiast
811 posts

QUOTE(Colinlim75 @ Feb 20 2023, 04:51 PM)
Hi,

Need advise for tyre wet n shine look should I go for armor or soft99 or any other product.

Thanks in advance..
Try Meguires. Soft 99 dont last as long.
Colinlim75
post Feb 22 2023, 10:48 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

Guys,

after washing the car, and wax the car with Meguiar's cleaner wax...
1) can I top up with soft99 luxury gloss
2) Or layer with soft99 fusso? can wax mixed with polimer...

Thank you.
ZzZzz...
post Feb 27 2023, 10:35 AM

Art of Sleeping
1,773 posts

Hi guys,

my stupid itchy finger go touch touch at the window trim, at first i thought is fingerprint,
then after car wash, i found that i have scratched it sad.gif

imma surprise the trim part is so fragile

any cheap and easy DIY solution?
user posted image
sonotme
post Feb 27 2023, 04:15 PM

Regular
1,523 posts

QUOTE(ZzZzz... @ Feb 27 2023, 10:35 AM)
Hi guys,

my stupid itchy finger go touch touch at the window trim, at first i thought is fingerprint,

user posted image
I suggest sending to the professionals if you have the budget. Piano black trims are easily scratched and DIY might make it worse, as you have proven it. Just apply a sealant to cover it/make it less obvious..
sonotme
post Mar 2 2023, 06:01 AM

Regular
1,523 posts

Any handheld detailing light recommended?
Waliuuu
post Mar 2 2023, 01:50 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Mar 2 2023, 06:01 AM)
Any handheld detailing light recommended?
Can try this SGCB's.. Able to adjust colour temperature and brightness up to 400 lumens :
taobao link

This post has been edited by Waliuuu: Mar 2 2023, 01:51 PM
m_man
post Mar 3 2023, 12:39 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

Hi guys,

user posted image
Just polish lightly with some mild polish or cleaner wax. Tread carefully and you'll be fine.
m_man
post Mar 3 2023, 12:45 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(Colinlim75 @ Feb 22 2023, 10:48 PM)
Guys,

after washing the car, and wax the car with Meguiar's cleaner wax...
1) can I top up with soft99 luxury gloss
2) Or layer with soft99 fusso? can wax mixed with polimer...

Thank you.
Fusso has high solvent content, so it will definitely strip whatever wax/sealant applied. So I would personally stick with Luxury gloss or any other spray protection.

It's generally not a good idea to mix organic waxes with polymer.

Hope this helps.
shaniandras2787
post Mar 7 2023, 06:04 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

Hi guys,

user posted image
is the trim made from plastic or the same material as the body panels?

if it's the same as the body panels then you can get rid of the scuff marks with some light polishing but if it was made from plastic (usually very soft plastics) then polishing will very likely introduce more scuff marks on the surface (more harm than good).

there's a simple and hassle free fix for you, go get it wrapped up. it won't cost you a lot for that small part.

ZzZzz...
post Mar 8 2023, 07:31 AM

Art of Sleeping
1,773 posts

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Mar 7 2023, 06:04 PM)
is the trim made from plastic or the same material as the body panels?

if it's the same as the body panels then you can get rid of the scuff marks with some light polishing but if it was made from plastic (usually very soft plastics) then polishing will very likely introduce more scuff marks on the surface (more harm than good).

there's a simple and hassle free fix for you, go get it wrapped up. it won't cost you a lot for that small part.
not sure is it plastic, maybe just something chrome on it
shaniandras2787
post Mar 8 2023, 09:26 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(ZzZzz... @ Mar 8 2023, 07:31 AM)
not sure is it plastic, maybe just something chrome on it
then it is very likely made from a plastic mold (and a very soft one). i also assume that the chrome application (if applied) is also very thinly done.

you can try to buff it off but from the picture you shared, i still think it's a little bit too "deep" to fix it by polishing.
msa9696
post Mar 15 2023, 12:21 AM

Regular
1,582 posts

Ceramic Pro KL - Think twice

I can't help it but to post my experience here on Ceramic Pro KL. Initially I thought to just post it on Google Review but after the obvious manipulation of reviews I got to share it here.

There was a few unpleasant experience I encountered there:-

1) Was told that hydrophobic effect can only last a few weeks, and it's common due to various factors, and it's not under warranty. To get back the effect, need to send in for maintenance at RM 150 per session. However, upon checking the after care warranty online, it's mentioned that hydrophobic is under warranty, FOC.

2) As I was quite curious at how they do the coating, so I stood there watching how they do it, but was told that I cannot be there. I've no issue with this, respect that, I just told him I just wanted to watch a while, but I was told that I cannot be there, so I left. However, saw another 2 customers went in later, and one of the PIC was chit chatting with them there for quite some time, probably the customers know him, so it was allowed.

3) This is what I'm most dissastified about, it's a grey area, and contentious one but I thought they could do better. When my car was ready, it was raining, so I was a little concerned and asked if it's ok to still drive. I was told it was perfectly fine, so I drove back. Along the way, really heavy rain, splashes all over my car, then I got really worried. When I went back home, I feedback to them, and was told that they used Short Wave IR which will cure the coating immediately. I then started Google a lot on the curing time, this is what I found:-

a) I can say 99% online sources mentioned that post curing time is important, normally at least 24 hours to 3 weeks (3 weeks being no IR curing used). Ceramic Pro website dare not to publish the curing time, if they're so confident, just publish it. US website did publish it at 2-3 weeks.

b) Curing time during coating and post curing duration are entirely different. Quick curing time with IR treatment during coating doesn't mean a fast/ immediate post curing time.

c) General recommendation is still to allow some post curing time, preferably at least 24 hours

d) I asked Nanoshine directly, and they replied that Ceramic Pro MY is experience in using the short wave IR, but they didn't want to answer my question if they confirm that there will be no impact at all for immediate exposure after coating. They just mentioned MY weather justify using short wave IR treatment. So again, no one dares to publish written confirmation on immediate curing time.

e) For the fun of it, I attached some responses from ChatGPT too.

I then just found out from some colleagues and friends that their agents from Ceramic Pro advised them to keep the cars for 2 days, so that it allows more time for curing.

My conclusion-

a) I read lots from this forum, thanks to all who shared and also read online, actually quite a few customers who mentioned that there are some spots on their cars which were not coated. However, they were all satisfied because upon returning their car to Ceramic Pro again, Ceramic Pro will apologise and do the necessary coating on the parts left out. While I certainly agree that Ceramic Pro has good customer service in general, that doesn't make their workmanship perfect. How many of us actually test out the coating (by pouring water? I not sure how to check), so for those who don't test it, they will never know if there are any issues with the coating.

b) As with any businesses, the objective is to maximise profit, so for sure, keeping the car in the shop longer (ie >1 day) means less capacity and loss of revenue. Hence, Ceramic Pro got to adopt new technology, ie Short Wave IR to expedite curing time, while surprisingly, not many countries use this. However, if this method is so effective, I would like to challenge them to make an official post in their Q&A section, to claim the immediate curing and exposure to extreme weather without deteriorating the results of the coating (which their USA website proudly shared the curing time for US customers)

c) Ceramic Pro has many excellent (5 star) reviews on Google, and I've no doubt that there are many satisfied customers. However, it's questionable that their number of comments didn't really increase lately, until I posted a negative review, suddenly 7 x 5 star reviews appeared within a day. In fact, 3 new reviews were from new reviewer (1 and only review on Ceramic Pro), all 3 were posted during the same hour, and Ceramic Pro replied to all 3 during the same hour too. I've posted a screen cap here too so everyone can judge if all reviews are genuine or not.

d) On a fair note, they did offer a reinspection, but I declined, as I've lost trust in them, and I don't expect them to recoat by admitting that their claim earlier is false.

Hello Ceramic Pro, you need 4 x 5 star reviews to average a 1 x 1 star review to get an average of 4, but I know you've deep pocket to spend on advertising.

I believe some here might disagree with my opinion on the curing time, fine with that, but what prompted me to write this review is mainly because of the many suspicious new reviewer just right after my low rating post on Google. I couldn't post long review on Google as somehow Google blocked me from my genuine review, so I can only share it here.

So my advice to all, if you really want to consider them, do your research, and read all the 5 star reviews with a pinch of salt.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

794 Pages « < 773 774 775 776 777 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0230sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:35 AM