Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

GuyM
post Jun 6 2021, 11:23 AM

Regular
1,767 posts

QUOTE(faujc99 @ Jun 6 2021, 09:33 AM)
Something new is about to enter our Malaysian market. Heard it's graphene... cant wait!! icon_idea.gif  icon_idea.gif

https://fb.watch/5XTPgwOU4T/
Price sure above $100 for 50ml. Keep us posted once officially available with firesale price
GuyM
post Jun 6 2021, 11:23 AM

Regular
1,767 posts

QUOTE(vincent_on9 @ Jun 5 2021, 04:28 PM)
i bought EXQ water spot and am happy just found out this water mark remover actually works for my car  rclxm9.gif
Pls share the outcome of the results
vincent_on9
post Jun 6 2021, 05:46 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(GuyM @ Jun 6 2021, 11:23 AM)
Pls share the outcome of the results
yes it works
jyane
post Jun 9 2021, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

Hi guys,

I got a question. i brought an mjjc foam cannon pro and my stock arrived. i just realize the foam cannon connector is different from my pressure gun. Is there a lot type of connector? What can i do for now?
woodentiger86
post Jun 11 2021, 04:47 PM

Budding DIY Detailer & Avid Gamer
2,414 posts

Just noticed a very tiny pinhole crack/hole on my Soft 99 Foamer. Wondering if I can fix it with some Flex Tape. Kinda disappointing if the quality of the plastic bottle is that weak even after non usage for almost half a year.

Anyways, it got me toying with the idea of either

1. Getting an IK Foamer

2. Getting a pressure washer with foam cannon accessory instead...

Saw Bosch K4 being sold for almost RM2K at Ace Hardware a few days ago but that one is pretty much out of budget.

Found a few cheaper ones on Shopee too which were like few hundreds [< RM200] and advertised as 1200W [Lutian brand] but again - so cheap also making me wary of them...
sonotme
post Jun 11 2021, 08:53 PM

Regular
1,523 posts

Any recommendation on products to protect wheel rims?
Anyone used soft99 wheel dust blocker?

This post has been edited by sonotme: Jun 11 2021, 09:48 PM
maxxsp
post Jun 12 2021, 12:47 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jun 11 2021, 04:47 PM)
Just noticed a very tiny pinhole crack/hole on my Soft 99 Foamer. Wondering if I can fix it with some Flex Tape. Kinda disappointing if the quality of the plastic bottle is that weak even after non usage for almost half a year.

Anyways, it got me toying with the idea of either

1. Getting an IK Foamer

2. Getting a pressure washer with foam cannon accessory instead...

Saw Bosch K4 being sold for almost RM2K at Ace Hardware a few days ago but that one is pretty much out of budget.

Found a few cheaper ones on Shopee too which were like few hundreds [< RM200] and advertised as 1200W [Lutian brand] but again - so cheap also making me wary of them...
If you don’t already have a pressure washer I’d go for option 2. A pressure washer makes a huge difference to the wash process. There are many decent units available under RM1k. A basic unit I recommend is the karcher k4 basic (around RM800 on Shopee) and add a foam Lance from China. Make sure you order one with the right connector.

If your budget is lower than that maybe you can try the Karcher K2 series. Pricing starts from under RM300 depending on model.

I have the IK foamer and it is good but at RM195 I’d prioritise a pressure washer over the foamer.

I find Ace Hardware is really overpriced nowadays.

This post has been edited by maxxsp: Jun 12 2021, 12:51 AM
sonotme
post Jun 12 2021, 12:49 AM

Regular
1,523 posts

QUOTE(maxxsp @ Jun 12 2021, 12:47 AM)
If you don’t already have a pressure washer I’d go for option 2. A pressure washer makes a huge difference to the wash process. There are many decent units available under RM1k. A basic unit I recommend is the karcher k4 basic (around RM800 on Shopee) and add a foam Lance from China. Make sure you order one with the right connector.

If your budget is lower than that maybe you can try the Karcher K2 series. Pricing starts from under RM300 depending on model.
I find Ace Hardware is really overpriced nowadays.
Any recommendation for cordless pressure washer?
celciuz
post Jun 12 2021, 08:57 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(jyane @ Jun 9 2021, 11:12 AM)
Hi guys,

I got a question. i brought an mjjc foam cannon pro and my stock arrived. i just realize the foam cannon connector is different from my pressure gun. Is there a lot type of connector? What can i do for now?
Order the right attachment from MJJC, the attachment portion is replaceable.
maxxsp
post Jun 12 2021, 10:29 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Jun 12 2021, 12:49 AM)
Sorry bro, no experience with cordless pressure washers…
junclj
post Jun 12 2021, 11:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Jun 3 2021, 12:23 AM)
Layering of wax/sealant without letting the underneath layer cure is wasting, you are just waxing and removing the uncurled layer.
You need at least few hours or if possible 24 hours between coats.
Probably you were misunderstood my car situation. I only wax once my car after I wash my car and I only wash my car every two weeks because I have two new cars. Each week only wash one car. So I can't always wash the same car every week. Let's say this week wax with carnauba wax, then 2 weeks later I wax with ceramic wax. Actually the ceramic wax is not a pure wax, it is a sealant for block water. You will never know how is my car situation but only until to come to my house to see my car. It is definitely looks like just did a professional ceramic coating. The car is very new until like just polished. In fact that, I never polish my car since the first day I took my car from showroom. Even the car get hit by raining, the body just looks like 99% very clean after it dry off in the next day.

This post has been edited by junclj: Jun 12 2021, 11:44 PM
sonotme
post Jun 13 2021, 12:22 AM

Regular
1,523 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Jun 12 2021, 11:40 PM)
Probably you were misunderstood my car situation. I only wax once my car after I wash my car and I only wash my car every two weeks because I have two new cars. Each week only wash one car. So I can't always wash the same car every week. Let's say this week wax with carnauba wax, then 2 weeks later I wax with ceramic wax. Actually the ceramic wax is not a pure wax, it is a sealant for block water. You will never know how is my car situation but only until to come to my house to see my car. It is definitely looks like just did a professional ceramic coating. The car is very new until like just polished. In fact that, I never polish my car since the first day I took my car from showroom. Even the car get hit by raining, the body just looks like 99% very clean after it dry off in the next day.
I just did clay + polish last week for my 6 month old car.
I also wash + wax almost every week like u, but i felt like the paint is not so smooth anymore. I felt maybe in between waxes got contaminants..
But it still beads/shine like new la..
woodentiger86
post Jun 14 2021, 08:36 AM

Budding DIY Detailer & Avid Gamer
2,414 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Jun 13 2021, 12:22 AM)
I also wash + wax almost every week like u, but i felt like the paint is not so smooth anymore. I felt maybe in between waxes got contaminants..
Not so smooth could be normal if car has been exposed to the elements, even if car has been lying unused.

That's where claying comes in to remove these surface contaminants.

Otherwise, for the cars that are even longer left without surface prep, you may use those iron terminator which turns purple when reacts with metal particles etc to agitate these fine dust.

g88
post Jun 19 2021, 10:33 PM

Regular
1,631 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Jun 12 2021, 12:49 AM)
budget and expectation ?
StevenL
post Jun 20 2021, 04:59 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Jun 13 2021, 12:22 AM)
Perhaps if you need to self put on some affordable coating before applying LSP. You feel the diff every time you hand wash... Smooth all the way for months 😝😝😝

Trust me you'll love the buttery smoothness when running your microfiber cloth with soap over the paintwork
celciuz
post Jun 21 2021, 12:45 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(g88 @ Jun 19 2021, 10:33 PM)
budget and expectation ?
Cordless, I can imagine the battery going flat in minutes 🤣
chaurous
post Jun 22 2021, 06:16 PM

10 posts

Hi sifu sifu sekalian,

I’m trying to remove the minor orange peel on my car by myself.

New Mazda 3 about 1 month old
Soul red

I’m contemplating between using Turtle Wax hybrid solutions ceramic polish or Osren Paintwork Polish all in one.

Do you think both of those using hand polish is able to remove the minor orange peel ?

Also open to other suggestion

Thanks

user posted image
more2teayap
post Jun 22 2021, 09:08 PM

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
2,721 posts

QUOTE(chaurous @ Jun 22 2021, 06:16 PM)
Hi sifu sifu sekalian,

I’m trying to remove the minor orange peel on my car by myself.

New Mazda 3  about 1 month old
Soul red

I’m contemplating between using Turtle Wax hybrid solutions ceramic polish or Osren Paintwork Polish all in one.

Do you think both of those using hand polish is able to remove the minor orange peel ?

Also open to other suggestion

Thanks

user posted image
Iinm for orange peel you'll need cutting compound instead of polish as it might be too fine to cut the imperfections of the clear coat faster. Doing it by hand will be a huge effort unless you have the time and patience to do it because after compound it you will need to polish it then apply sealant for protection.

This post has been edited by more2teayap: Jun 22 2021, 09:09 PM
chaurous
post Jun 23 2021, 08:06 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(more2teayap @ Jun 22 2021, 09:08 PM)
Iinm for orange peel you'll need cutting compound instead of polish as it might be too fine to cut the imperfections of the clear coat faster. Doing it by hand will be a huge effort unless you have the time and patience to do it because after compound it you will need to polish it then apply sealant for protection.
Thanks, any recommendation for the cutting compound and sealant ?
more2teayap
post Jun 23 2021, 03:09 PM

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
2,721 posts

QUOTE(chaurous @ Jun 23 2021, 08:06 AM)
Thanks, any recommendation for the cutting compound and sealant ?
I think you can try checking out their perfect fifty compound
https://osren.com/product/professional-seri...l/perfect-fifty

or IGL's F1 compound
https://iglcoatings.com/products/ecoshine-compound-f1

if these compound doesn't work well for you then may need to opt for wet sanding with 3000 grit sandpaper.

Since your car is really new, sure you want to DIY? Soul Red is a really nice and expensive color to respray, why not let the pros properly do the paint correction?

794 Pages « < 714 715 716 717 718 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0224sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:23 PM