> Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

shaniandras2787
post Apr 8 2021, 05:03 PM

drugged coordinator
1,824 posts

#throwback

Attached Image

is it only me or does everyone who uses the Soft99 Fusso Wax suffers from this. no matter how much the surface was prepped prior, a "dark" layer will develop on top of it few months into its application. it is not obvious and is not visible until you take a clay bar against it.

because i re-apply the wax every 8 months or so, claying the car becomes a ritual.

what gives?

This post has been edited by shaniandras2787: Apr 8 2021, 05:05 PM
90Boyz
post Apr 8 2021, 06:41 PM

UTMB !!
3,658 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Apr 7 2021, 07:44 PM)
Some spare time after work and after the light drizzle so washed the bonnet and then coat all windscreens and windows with Glaco roll on.

user posted image

Noticed that there's some oil residue when I buffed off though. Probably should have used IPA wipe or clay it before apply the coating for better effect.
I stopped using Glaco and change into TW Clearvue reain repellent .. similar effects with lower price tag . brows.gif
90Boyz
post Apr 8 2021, 06:43 PM

UTMB !!
3,658 posts

QUOTE(CanonLee @ Apr 8 2021, 05:01 PM)
Where to purchase at this low price?
From shopee listed cheapest @ RM182.88
sonotme
post Apr 8 2021, 06:49 PM

Enthusiast
973 posts

QUOTE(FrogBlob @ Apr 8 2021, 04:14 PM)
Hi! I'm new to detailing stuff.
Planning on trying out Glaco products, but on shopee product pages, the instructions says to not apply on wet windshield as it would damage the surface, but what if it rains after applying?
Why will Glaco damage the surface if mix with water?

Also, does it matter if it is applied on my car with tint applied?
Probably coz glaco needs time to cure.
Tint is inside the car, glaco is outside. I dont think it affects
more2teayap
post Apr 8 2021, 07:58 PM

~(-.-~)
2,619 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Apr 8 2021, 02:46 PM)
Haha, yea. Sold off 2 weeks ago with the balance going into the downpayment for the Ativa.

user posted image

It's been a good 2 years although slightly underused and everything was stock, hence possibly the decent price I received. I removed all the stickers except for the boot bar decal though. brows.gif

So new project coming + coupled with the almost daily evening rain - might want to start claying the car by this weekend.

So many racun coating packages on offer on the Ativa FB pages too, like Alva at RM 588 but all this while I've pretty much resisted doing coating...

Not sure if I should take the plunge.

rclxs0.gif

Probably just stick to DIY and save that RMXXX instead.
wanna try soft99 smooth egg platinum coating? brows.gif
more2teayap
post Apr 8 2021, 09:19 PM

~(-.-~)
2,619 posts

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Apr 8 2021, 05:03 PM)
#throwback

Attached Image

is it only me or does everyone who uses the Soft99 Fusso Wax suffers from this. no matter how much the surface was prepped prior, a "dark" layer will develop on top of it few months into its application. it is not obvious and is not visible until you take a clay bar against it.

because i re-apply the wax every 8 months or so, claying the car becomes a ritual.

what gives?
could it be the wax is picking up the residue from the clay and leave it on your surface?
sonotme
post Apr 8 2021, 11:55 PM

Enthusiast
973 posts

QUOTE(more2teayap @ Apr 8 2021, 09:19 PM)
could it be the wax is picking up the residue from the clay and leave it on your surface?
I also think maybe the buffing action makes the contaminants/dirt appear.. probably thats why they say better clay/ipa before putting on new wax?
Quazacolt
post Apr 9 2021, 12:23 AM

Riding couple
4,118 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Apr 8 2021, 01:16 PM)
Meg shopee got sale this 12/4. Maybe got something there that may interest u..
from here:
https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/product...%5B1393%5D=1393
totally no longer have wheel/rim coating products. however i've used:
https://www.meguiars.com.my/index.php?route...&product_id=299
Product Code: G-15009EU
(looks like EU market only? megs USA tarak, only Malaysia/EU)

anyways my experience after finishing a can:
not very different than "SONAX XTREME WHEEL RIM COATING nano pro" (mouthful lol)
durability of the Meguiar's brake dust barrier lasts around:
1-5 months
or
5-10 washes
or
2-3 burning brake sessions
(whichever firsts)
Sonax durability can be shorter or longer, both products durability quite inconsistent and the biggest killer is when i have burning brakes that destroys them in a hurry lol

QUOTE(FrogBlob @ Apr 8 2021, 04:14 PM)
Planning on trying out Glaco products, but on shopee product pages, the instructions says to not apply on wet windshield as it would damage the surface, but what if it rains after applying?
Why will Glaco damage the surface if mix with water?

Also, does it matter if it is applied on my car with tint applied?
i think and assume that it is badly worded "will affect durability/performance of the end results"

tint does not affect at all.

QUOTE(90Boyz @ Apr 8 2021, 04:20 PM)
Soft99 water block wax only able to hold like a week or so then the beads no longer beads off nicely , TW S&S works better than that but hard paste wax hard to buff off  sweat.gif
hard wax? as in their ancient basic rm1x to 20 ish supermarkets widely available hard shell paste wax?
that's not too bad actually... but yeah a lot of residue to buff off so apply it very thinly and don't do an entire car only begin to buff off (a bad habit of mine LOL!)
and... i STILL have the same tub that i bought maybe 10+ years ago LOL

QUOTE(CanonLee @ Apr 8 2021, 05:01 PM)
Where to purchase at this low price?
low?

https://www.turtlewax.com/products/hybrid-s...ex-wax-23-fl-oz
my expectations cry.gif
sonotme
post Apr 9 2021, 03:03 AM

Enthusiast
973 posts

Any recommendation for car dash & glass cleaner/protectant?
I saw turtlewax has this dash & trim..
shaniandras2787
post Apr 9 2021, 09:30 AM

drugged coordinator
1,824 posts

QUOTE(more2teayap @ Apr 8 2021, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE(sonotme @ Apr 8 2021, 11:55 PM)
I also think maybe the buffing action makes the contaminants/dirt appear.. probably thats why they say better clay/ipa before putting on new wax?
Don't think so this is what happened. i prepped the surface (ie: clayed and wiped down with IPA solution) before applying the Fusso Wax and the surface looks white (upper left) after application. The darken layer just magically develops over the course of the months and because it develops gradually, you'll hardly see it until you take a clay bar against it.

Strangely enough, despite the appearance of the "darken film" on top of the surface, it does not affect its hydrophobic properties which means the wax is still intact hmm.gif very strange.
<-- no content -->
harriss
post Apr 9 2021, 11:44 AM

Casual
314 posts

QUOTE(more2teayap @ Apr 8 2021, 07:58 PM)
wanna try soft99 smooth egg platinum coating?  brows.gif
i use soft99 meta cleaner then apply SOFT99 EXTREME GLOSS WAX .

is this the correct proceedur ? unsure.gif

for glass i always use Soft99 glass refresh first and then apply glaco Soft99 Ultra Glaco . works well but not till 12 month as per packaging say la

This post has been edited by harriss: Apr 9 2021, 11:48 AM
90Boyz
post Apr 9 2021, 12:15 PM

UTMB !!
3,658 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 9 2021, 12:23 AM)

hard wax? as in their ancient basic rm1x to 20 ish supermarkets widely available hard shell paste wax?
that's not too bad actually... but yeah a lot of residue to buff off so apply it very thinly and don't do an entire car only begin to buff off (a bad habit of mine LOL!)
and... i STILL have the same tub that i bought maybe 10+ years ago LOL
low?
Turtlewax hard paste easier to buff off if compared to Soft99 Hard paste, even on fusso coat or block water max paste those really require tons of elbow grease to buff it off
i tried even lay it on for less than 3 mins also found it hard to buff off .sweat.gif
woodentiger86
post Apr 9 2021, 02:21 PM

Budding DIY Detailer & Avid Gamer
2,305 posts

QUOTE(90Boyz @ Apr 8 2021, 06:41 PM)
I stopped using Glaco and change into TW Clearvue reain repellent .. similar effects with lower price tag . brows.gif
Wow even cheaper ah? Haha.

I have Meg's Glass Sealant & Carmate too but after one try of the Meg's I somehow prefer the Glaco due to the ease of use.

woodentiger86
post Apr 9 2021, 02:37 PM

2,305 posts

QUOTE(more2teayap @ Apr 8 2021, 07:58 PM)
wanna try soft99 smooth egg platinum coating?  brows.gif
Hmm I did take a look but didn't really pursue.

Are you using it? I still wondering if it's a worthwhile addition since the results does look very similar to spray on products like Seal & Shine or even Meg's HCW.
more2teayap
post Apr 9 2021, 02:48 PM

~(-.-~)
2,619 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Apr 9 2021, 02:37 PM)
Hmm I did take a look but didn't really pursue.

Are you using it? I still wondering if it's a worthwhile addition since the results does look very similar to spray on products like Seal & Shine or even Meg's HCW.
tempted to try but the price tag abit holding me back, waiting for good voucher in lazada/shopee. it should be similar to HCW as it contains SiO2 iirc
woodentiger86
post Apr 9 2021, 02:53 PM

2,305 posts

QUOTE(more2teayap @ Apr 9 2021, 02:48 PM)
tempted to try but the price tag abit holding me back, waiting for good voucher in lazada/shopee. it should be similar to HCW as it contains SiO2 iirc
About RM60-70 plus ah? That might be one of the more pricier Soft 99 products I've bought if not counting the Soft 99 Pump. Haha.

The bottle looks quite small though when I've seen the reviews.

Might just KIV for future reference.
Quazacolt
post Apr 9 2021, 02:55 PM

Riding couple
4,118 posts

QUOTE(harriss @ Apr 9 2021, 11:44 AM)
i use soft99 meta cleaner then apply SOFT99 EXTREME GLOSS WAX .

is this the correct proceedur ?  unsure.gif
A bit waste to layer anything above cleaner wax

So IMHO, not correct

QUOTE(90Boyz @ Apr 9 2021, 12:15 PM)
Turtlewax hard paste easier to buff off if compared to Soft99 Hard paste, even on fusso coat or block water max paste those really require tons of elbow grease to buff it off
i tried even lay it on for less than 3 mins also found it hard to buff off .sweat.gif
Woah harder to buff off than turtle!? :star:

Turtle hard shell paste wax was among my first experience to car wax

Then spoiled by Meguiar ultimate liquid wax, and now DodoJuice (among the easiest boutique paste wax)
harriss
post Apr 9 2021, 02:58 PM

Casual
314 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 9 2021, 02:55 PM)
A bit waste to layer anything above cleaner wax

So IMHO, not correct
Woah harder to buff off than turtle!? :star:

Turtle hard shell paste wax was among my first experience to car wax

Then spoiled by Meguiar ultimate liquid wax, and now DodoJuice (among the easiest boutique paste wax)
user posted image

eh , just this then settle ady ?

when to apply wax?
matrix88
post Apr 9 2021, 03:00 PM

Regular
1,499 posts

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Apr 9 2021, 09:30 AM)
Don't think so this is what happened. i prepped the surface (ie: clayed and wiped down with IPA solution) before applying the Fusso Wax and the surface looks white (upper left) after application. The darken layer just magically develops over the course of the months and because it develops gradually, you'll hardly see it until you take a clay bar against it.

Strangely enough, despite the appearance of the "darken film" on top of the surface, it does not affect its hydrophobic properties which means the wax is still intact hmm.gif very strange.
means the wax is doing it's job, it is also collecting dirt and sticking on to the surface.
sonotme
post Apr 9 2021, 04:25 PM

Enthusiast
973 posts

QUOTE(harriss @ Apr 9 2021, 02:58 PM)
user posted image

eh , just this then settle ady ?
when to apply wax?
I think what quazacolt meant was the cleaner wax already got wax. But of course fusso is better. Probably should clean off the cleaner wax and use paste wax instead. Or use a polisher without wax..
I also have this metaclean, asked here before too. Cleaner wax got its own wax..

696 Pages « < 690 691 692 693 694 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0325sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th April 2021 - 10:01 AM