Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

woodentiger86
post Jul 1 2020, 03:51 PM

Budding DIY Detailer & Avid Gamer
2,414 posts

An interesting video.

Anyways, my wife seems pretty much set on getting her car coated.

celciuz
post Jul 1 2020, 03:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jul 1 2020, 03:51 PM)
An interesting video.

Anyways, my wife seems pretty much set on getting her car coated.
Buy CarPro coating lah, 7.7 got discount and DIY.
MazeLoL
post Jul 1 2020, 03:58 PM

Enthusiast
846 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Jul 1 2020, 02:32 PM)
I started out with Osren DAP8 (OEM of Kestrel Das6 Pro) which is a 5" backing plate 8mm throw DA, powerful enough for my usage. The SPTA 5" is a 15mm which is similar to the Osren Hurricane or Rupes LHR15 series. If you looking for 2nd hand, I am planning to let go since I bought a cordless machine to replace my 5" system. This SPTA relatively new to me, I just heard of it recently when I was research on gear action cause SPTA has a GA 3401 copy.

As for why 3" since it can handle whatever the 5" handle, bear in mind with a smaller pad your solution would be less and each coverage area will be limited as the pad is small. And with small pad size, it also cake up much faster than 5", which means 1 panel say the hood maybe with 5" you need buff 4-6 times while the 3' can easily double up to 8-12 times, meaning work in smaller sections. If you put more product and run in bigger area, the dust accumulated in the pad might cause marrings too depending on the paint work condition.

Something big is like LHR21 which is a 6" backing with 21mm throw, that's huge. But 5" 15mm throw is more or less the standard long throw DA.
QUOTE(celciuz @ Jul 1 2020, 03:20 PM)
When I feel like doing a good finish, I use the 3" DA for the edges and curves spots, the rest covered by 5". If not just do with 5" but slow down when going to the edges haha.
Ohh thanks for your explanation bro ! It seem this SPTA 5inch one is still consider good enough for beginner like me right ? 😅 like you said I can always go slow at those edges . Btw can pm me the price for your used 5” da ? 😅

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jul 1 2020, 02:40 PM)
Fuyoh, welcome to the DA club. I guess so long you can justify the layout with the frequency of use. Don't be like me bro - got DA and rotary lying around in storeroom unused for months. brows.gif

Anyways, 3" might be a bit too small... In my opinion la.

I also bought Hurricane DA from Osren and it works quite well especially when I was using it on my car's bonnet area...

The smaller one may be usual for slightly smaller areas like spoilers, boot lids, front bumper areas which aren't really 'flat'
Hahaha , bro I been thinking day and night whether should I invest in one as I looking at those YouTube explanation on why you need a DA as they have demo seeing that you scrub the shit out and you still didn’t get a good finish where DA can just do it so simple and few rounds as the AMMO vid show recently . As I had watched this yesterday night and makes me go for a DA 🤣

https://youtu.be/cr-hx5pGFUM

90Boyz
post Jul 1 2020, 04:00 PM

UTMB !!
3,720 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Jul 1 2020, 03:54 PM)
CarPro CQuartz CQUK 3.0 brows.gif
woodentiger86
post Jul 1 2020, 04:05 PM

2,414 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Jul 1 2020, 03:54 PM)
Haha, not really confident in my ability to coat car without any blemishes.

My own ride has many swirls but not so visible la unless up close.

Mazd'a Soul Red is another level though.

Super eye popping colour... Don't dare to detail it yet asides from giving it normal wash. sweat.gif
woodentiger86
post Jul 1 2020, 04:08 PM

2,414 posts

QUOTE(MazeLoL @ Jul 1 2020, 03:58 PM)
Ohh thanks for your explanation bro ! It seem this SPTA 5inch one is still consider good enough for beginner like me right ? 😅 like you said I can always go slow at those edges . Btw can pm me the price for your used 5” da ? 😅
Hahaha , bro I been thinking day and night whether should I invest in one as I looking at those YouTube explanation on why you need a DA as they have demo seeing that you scrub the shit out and you still didn’t get a good finish where DA can just do it so simple and few rounds as the AMMO vid show recently . As I had watched this yesterday night and makes me go for a DA 🤣

Just go for it bro.

Now just a matter of shortlisting and finding one that suits your budget and needs.

The DA is pretty much easy to use vs rotary and is more user friendly.

Still need to ensure proper surface prep and techniques are used though.

Have fun exploring bro!
MazeLoL
post Jul 1 2020, 06:48 PM

Enthusiast
846 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jul 1 2020, 04:08 PM)
Just go for it bro.

Now just a matter of shortlisting and finding one that suits your budget and needs.

The DA is pretty much easy to use vs rotary and is more user friendly.

Still need to ensure proper surface prep and techniques are used though.

Have fun exploring bro!
Ya bro wanna ask your opinion and others as well , what are the things to look for when sourcing a DA ? It’s the SPTA 5” cordless or with cord is better ?
slk
post Jul 1 2020, 07:39 PM

Casual
326 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jul 1 2020, 04:05 PM)

Mazda's paint is full of bad OP, medium to hard paint hardness and THIN (average around 70 micron! biggrin.gif
slk
post Jul 1 2020, 07:49 PM

Casual
326 posts

do a few panels at one time and not the whole car. take it easy and your own sweet time.. DO NOT RUSH!

A coated car is very easy to wash and dry. You can never win fighting against swirls on a daily driver biggrin.gif I've lower down my expectation and since then detailing is more fun rclxm9.gif

PS: you can dry your car with water with a coated car wink.gif = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x9nWqETfGo
celciuz
post Jul 1 2020, 08:47 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(MazeLoL @ Jul 1 2020, 03:58 PM)

None of us has hands on with the SPTA 5", but I think it should be a nice copy of the Rupes LHR15. I mean it has been around for so long, but careful some DA isn't powerful enough and stalls pretty often eg. the LHR15 mark 1... which eventually Rupes came out with Mark 2 and Mark 3.

Let me decide on the price then drop you PM tongue.gif

So Ammo did this video eh. Last time I watched was Chemical Guys, one was putting shit load of elbow grease and another guy just blaze through with machine and much faster plus nicer outcome.

QUOTE(90Boyz @ Jul 1 2020, 04:00 PM)
CarPro CQuartz CQUK 3.0 brows.gif
drool.gif

Super eye popping colour... Don't dare to detail it yet asides from giving it normal wash.  sweat.gif
Just do it bro! Take your time, its the same as wax.

QUOTE(MazeLoL @ Jul 1 2020, 06:48 PM)
Ya bro wanna ask your opinion and others as well , what are the things to look for when sourcing a DA ? It’s the SPTA 5” cordless or with cord is better ?

Not sure about SPTA cordless, but I'm using cordless 5" now and I'm loving it. #walletkoyak though...
QUOTE(slk @ Jul 1 2020, 07:49 PM)
do a few panels at one time and not the whole car. take it easy and your own sweet time.. DO NOT RUSH!

A coated car is very easy to wash and dry. You can never win fighting against swirls on a daily driver  biggrin.gif I've lower down my expectation and since then detailing is more fun  rclxm9.gif

PS: you can dry your car with water with a coated car wink.gif = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x9nWqETfGo
Yeah for coating I took 3 days to finish my car back then. Detail panel by panel then coat and rest.

Oh yes the swirls... tarak chance lah but if coated ceramic then less swirls definitely tongue.gif. But eh bro if the coating is still there... you need to buff it off... mf+46 can ah? I didn't experience before cause my coating koyak almost completely after 1year ++

This post has been edited by celciuz: Jul 1 2020, 08:48 PM
VeeJay
post Jul 1 2020, 09:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Jul 1 2020, 08:48 AM)
Wow. Nice laptop bro. Haha.

You actually clayed the laptop also prior to detailing it??

laugh.gif

Impressive.
lol...crazy right!
QUOTE(celciuz @ Jul 1 2020, 09:30 AM)
I worked on a few panels to test out my new cordless unit, I can say.... I'm not going back to corded! Only issue I'm having is that unit can't spin wild enough to dry my pads dry.gif

Anybody wanna buy 3" mini rotary and 3" DA and maybe a 5" 8mm DA?  laugh.gif
not bad...not bad at all, with 5000rpm.... thumbup.gif ya, working on panels while moving around, cordless would be idle. Did you buy additional battery pack? How long do does it last?
evilhomura89
post Jul 1 2020, 09:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

Guys, need some advice/opinion here
I came across this car wax ad on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2653080791639768

I was wondering has anyone tried it before?

It's not cheap and it's imported from Taiwan. Nonetheless, the video seems pretty convincing. From the video, it seems the wax are meant to be applied wet and I'm wondering if there are other brands of car wax that are similar to this. Please advise before i waste my money on it.

This post has been edited by evilhomura89: Jul 1 2020, 09:31 PM
celciuz
post Jul 1 2020, 09:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Jul 1 2020, 09:02 PM)
lol...crazy right!
not bad...not bad at all, with 5000rpm.... thumbup.gif ya, working on panels while moving around, cordless would be idle. Did you buy additional battery pack? How long do does it last?
I find holding the battery pack seems easier, and you can hold it perpendicular to your arm instead of the usual parallel. The kit came with 2 battery, I bought 1 more for the lights.

I actually did hood, roof and bonnet with AIO (test run je). battery indicator is 50% (2 bars). But most of the reviews mentioned about 40 minutes continuous, basically 2 batt should be sufficient. Empty battery takes 48 minutes to full.

5000rpm? no no... my machine goes by opm laugh.gif doesn't go wild on air because its a fixed path.
newhouseowner
post Jul 1 2020, 09:40 PM

Casual
379 posts

Super eye popping colour... Don't dare to detail it yet asides from giving it normal wash.  sweat.gif
Trust yourself, go ahead do. The best way to protect is brand new car, easier to maintenance some more.

MazeLoL
post Jul 1 2020, 11:00 PM

Enthusiast
846 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Jul 1 2020, 08:47 PM)

Not sure about SPTA cordless, but I'm using cordless 5" now and I'm loving it. #walletkoyak though.
Bro you using the SPTA 5” cordless ? How is the battery last you ? I’m currently looking at that as well.
celciuz
post Jul 1 2020, 11:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(MazeLoL @ Jul 1 2020, 11:00 PM)
Bro you using the SPTA 5” cordless ? How is the battery last you ? I’m currently looking at that as well.
No bro, I’m using another brand instead. YouTube there’s a review on the SPTA cordless you can refer to. That SPTA looks like a Flex XFE minus some of the ergonomics like the speed selectors etc.
MazeLoL
post Jul 1 2020, 11:15 PM

Enthusiast
846 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Jul 1 2020, 11:04 PM)
No bro, I’m using another brand instead. YouTube there’s a review on the SPTA cordless you can refer to. That SPTA looks like a Flex XFE minus some of the ergonomics like the speed selectors etc.
Ya I came across this vid below :

https://youtu.be/r8Q-M903LCc

Which one are you using bro mind sharing ?😅 Do you guys it’s a great buy for beginner ? Cost like Rm580 which is even cheaper than Osren 3” DA not to said the 6” DA😅

This post has been edited by MazeLoL: Jul 1 2020, 11:18 PM
celciuz
post Jul 1 2020, 11:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(MazeLoL @ Jul 1 2020, 11:15 PM)
Ya I came across this vid below :

https://youtu.be/r8Q-M903LCc

Which one are you using bro mind sharing ?😅 Do you guys it’s a great buy for beginner ? Cost like Rm580 which is even cheaper than Osren 3” DA not to said the 6” DA😅
I bought the XCE 8 125 18.0-EC last month along with a few other stuffs, took a big hit on my piggy bank sweat.gif . So am looking to sell my old tools also now tongue.gif

Spec wise the SPTA should be suitable, its a long throw 15mm DA which is pretty much the same as Osren's Hurricane V2. Only thing if its as powerful or reliable... Osren's DA is proven, a few of us uses it.
MazeLoL
post Jul 2 2020, 07:46 AM

Enthusiast
846 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Jul 1 2020, 11:39 PM)
I bought the XCE 8 125 18.0-EC last month along with a few other stuffs, took a big hit on my piggy bank  sweat.gif . So am looking to sell my old tools also now tongue.gif

Spec wise the SPTA should be suitable, its a long throw 15mm DA which is pretty much the same as Osren's Hurricane V2. Only thing if its as powerful or reliable... Osren's DA is proven, a few of us uses it.
Ohh bro you brought the Flex cordless da , what’s the damage bro ? 😂 it’s okay la good things not cheap, cheap thing not good ya bro. It seem the spec is very similar to the Osren Hurricane V2 but Osren one would have cost double the price tho 😅. Ok it seem I gonna commit into this SPTA 5” and currently it just depends whether I should go corded or cordless .. 🤔
woodentiger86
post Jul 2 2020, 08:23 AM

2,414 posts

QUOTE(newhouseowner @ Jul 1 2020, 09:40 PM)
Trust yourself, go ahead do. The best way to protect is brand new car, easier to maintenance some more.
Thanks for the kind words bro.

Was driving behind my wife's ride this morning and can notice some swirls on the rear bumper...

Amboi.

Car is like a week old only and can see some patches of swirls which I couldn't see when I was giving it a quick wash and dry last weekend.

Probably caused before we collected the car from the showroom... hmm.gif

794 Pages « < 505 506 507 508 509 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1456sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:16 PM