4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hi-Fi Audiophile Lounge, Audiophile Lounge to chit chat

views

G_KeN
post May 6 2016, 02:49 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ May 4 2016, 10:40 PM)
Lol. I am that guy.
re-sell back the hd800 to me la ahahaha
G_KeN
post May 9 2016, 02:06 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

Bought a new hd650 sennheiser for usd325, rm1.3k++ paypal total. Ordered on last sunday, sent on monday, arrived at kl on wednesday, arrived in kuching on friday.

Kena tahan kastam, but the total tax charges is only rm113 lol. was expecting in the region of rm300-400 but oh well, tongue.gif

ahhh... really miss the sound of hd650. its just a damn good all rounder.

This post has been edited by G_KeN: May 9 2016, 03:10 PM
G_KeN
post May 9 2016, 05:51 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(big1 @ May 9 2016, 04:18 PM)
when was it?
last week
G_KeN
post May 9 2016, 06:55 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ May 9 2016, 06:00 PM)
Driven with your Accurate Audio setup?
yeap. now burning in the headphones laugh.gif
G_KeN
post May 9 2016, 09:52 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(hairuLeZ @ May 9 2016, 07:17 PM)
She just arrived today biggrin.gif  Waiting for my ak and onkyo.

[attachmentid=6601945]
hnngghh
G_KeN
post May 10 2016, 01:10 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(yang2910 @ May 10 2016, 04:05 AM)
You would need another Symphonica CableĀ   cool2.gif
haha thats true. will be lurking for a 2nd hand unit tongue.gif

or maybe i'll go for balanced setup instead. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by G_KeN: May 10 2016, 01:40 PM
G_KeN
post May 10 2016, 01:40 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

user posted image

https://www.facebook.com/suncyclemalaysia/p...8121060/?type=3

thought that maybe some of u guys r interested in reviewing the products.

ayy lmao forgot to crop my fb avatar.

This post has been edited by G_KeN: May 10 2016, 01:41 PM
G_KeN
post May 11 2016, 02:19 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(batmang @ May 11 2016, 01:21 PM)
I recall that last time you had a hd800.

How do you find this hd800 vs hd650?
hd800 is definitely a big step up, in almost every aspects. that being said, hd800 is analytical, bright sounding headphones. if ur source material is crap, ur headphones probably sound like crap as well lol.

not to mention, hd800 is a very picky headphones when it comes to amp/dac synergy. not every high end amps matches well with hd800 (and high end amps r a must lol). most of the owners would recommend tube amps to 'mask' the analytical sound signature to make it more musical n provide the (IMO) necessary warmth.

hd650 is a great all rounder. warm sounding, highly musical, slighly rolled off highs (which is a plus for me since my ears r very sensitive to sparkly -> ear piercing highs), although slightly muffled sounding due to the infamous sennheiser veil, but other than that, a very enjoyable pair of headphones to listen with. much more forgiving than hd800. scales very well as u upgrade ur amp/dac.
G_KeN
post May 11 2016, 03:45 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(jchue73 @ May 11 2016, 03:10 PM)
Currently my favourite headphone. My setup is just with a lowly Liquid Carbon amp in balanced mode. Still hunting for a good DAC.  rclxub.gif 
Nice.  rclxms.gif Are you planning to drive it directly from an AK and Onkyo? Don't think it will be sufficient without an external amp.
Actually, I'm quite interested in just the EGD as a DAC to pair it balanced to my Liquid Carbon and see how it sounds...
Sounds like the HD800S would be to your liking then...  brows.gif
haha that price tho. might be lil too much to justify the usd1500 jump from a hd650, but thats my opinion-lah. hd800 is the better value, if u can get it cheap 2nd hand brows.gif base on what ive read so far, hd800s to hd800 is like the hd650 is to hd600. slightly tweaked to make them sound warmer, but the overall sound signature is still the same.
G_KeN
post Aug 26 2016, 01:19 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

user posted image

user posted image
huehuehue
G_KeN
post Aug 26 2016, 11:51 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Aug 26 2016, 06:13 PM)
The so-called killer value IEMs? I know they're big in South Asia, didn't think they had a following here
someone in garage sales organized a bulk buy, so i joined in just for the lulz lol since its only rm30+ including poslaju postage

QUOTE(penmarker @ Aug 26 2016, 08:36 PM)
Unfortunately my ear shape doesn't let me wear earbuds. Only in ears.
yea, its size of the earbuds r rather big just like the old earbuds.

SQ wise, its pretty good, but dont expect it to fight those rm300+ IEM lol.
G_KeN
post Nov 3 2016, 02:07 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

dat moment when u realize that Fostex THX-00 can be driven extremely fine with crappy onboard laptop soundcard, and in some ways better than pairing with chord mojo LMAO. less details, looser bass but ultimately less peaky in the highs/treble region which makes thx00 a tad more enjoyable to listen to in longer sessions.

guess im gonna keep thx00 for a while now. lol. might want to change dat earcup to something like E-MU ebony.
G_KeN
post Nov 11 2016, 10:21 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(penmarker @ Nov 11 2016, 03:22 PM)
Got people try to sell the THX00 for profit.
> me selling the thx00 at rm1k
> no PM coming in

feelsbadman.jpg sad.gif
G_KeN
post Nov 29 2016, 06:37 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(Silverfire @ Nov 29 2016, 01:23 PM)
I actually found the HD650 to be too warm and muffled. Didn't like it at all. I heard the newer productions of the HD700 fixed the piercing trebles. Can't be entirely sure as demo units are all from 2 years ago. I'm running my setup through Xonar STX II with Burson V5 opamp, so overall its a pretty smooth listening experience.

Australia local selling price for HD700 is same as Massdrop innocent.gif
how's R70x in comparison with the HD650? most of the comments i read stated that they r pretty similar sounding, R70x slightly more neutral but both have rolled off highs.
G_KeN
post Jan 11 2017, 08:39 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

i was charged rm1xx for the tax+handling fee when i bought my Senn HD650 few months back. Basically i was only charged 6% gst for the tax.
G_KeN
post Feb 4 2017, 12:47 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

Starting to fall in love with the Fostex THX-00 again.

Transitioning from the very laid back Sennheiser HD650, I used to loathe the aggressive THX-00. Initially i thought it was too v-shape for my taste with very sharp,intolerable highs in almost every songs or music played thru them. Back then i paired it with Violectric stack combo (clone). Sold it off n repurchased another set of HD650.
user posted image
THX-00 with violectric stack clones

Then i repurchased the thx-00 again (mainly due to the wooden aesthetics to match my desktop setup laugh.gif), gave it a 2nd chance n paired it with Chord Mojo. After a few days, i began to adapt to the sound signature of the thx-00. Sounds way better than the violectric combination. Everything feels tighter, bass slams pretty deep, the highs r extended but not as ear-piercing as before. HOWEVER i still encountered sibilance in some tracks which was a deal breaker for me.
user posted image
combo of thx-00 with chord mojo. Great sound, but unfortunately the sibilance still exist in some tracks

So instead of selling the thx-00 again, i sold the chord mojo off. While funding for the other stuffs on my WTB list, i plugged the thx-00 straight to my laptop without external amp/dac and surprisingly the Thx-00 still retain i would say 80% of the sound quality in comparison with plugging them into chord mojo, and I did not encounter any sibilance at all in tracks i used to encounter them with the chord mojo.
user posted image
thx-00 plugged in straight to my laptop

So I did a lil bit of research and bought a cheap used iFi iDSD Nano. And yes, what a purchase it was! This little gem has an amazing synergy with the THX-00. Sure, the chord mojo still sounds tighter and better overall (albeit slightly, due to the inferior amp section), but at just a fraction of the cost of chord mojo, and most importantly without any sibilance while still retaining the extended highs, i personally believe that ifi idsd nano is a great buy for the thx-00. I believe the Burr Brown dac implementation inside the nano (smooth, musical, with a touch of warmth) is perfect for THX-00.
user posted image

picture of iFi nano idsd, taken from the web, to show the size comparison with an iphone

great budget pairing with the THX-00. Prefer it slightly more than the chord mojo due to no sibilance in the highs

Probably gonna buy a set of iFi micro iCan SE to improve the amp section of the excellent sounding ifi idsd nano.

Already bought a pair of Dekoni lambskin earpads for the THX-00. For the stock earpads, comfort wise, it is decent if u manage to get used to its shape. I know some people hate the stock earpads. But based on the feedback online, dekoni lambskin is the comfiest.

itchy to buy EMU Ebony earcup for the THX-00 brows.gif
user posted image

This post has been edited by G_KeN: Feb 4 2017, 01:00 PM
G_KeN
post Feb 4 2017, 09:12 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Feb 4 2017, 08:51 PM)
Aren't those things over priced? How much does it go for now?

And the Dekoni are comfy indeed, using it for my modded TH-900, it's like a better stock earpad.
Yea kinda overpriced. Sgd150 for non EMU customers. But man that wood. Buying it probably just for the aesthetic alone lol. Read some feedback stating that the emu ebony does help a bit to smoothen the peaky highs n small boost in bass. Just a bit.

This post has been edited by G_KeN: Feb 4 2017, 09:15 PM
G_KeN
post Feb 16 2017, 12:42 AM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

just got my hands on the Sennheiser HD600 for the first time and holy molly, it is in my opinion, one of the best sounding headphones to my ears.

Sure, it will not going to win any awards in terms of technicality against the likes of HD800 and other high end headphones of todays, but from my personal experience, none of these thousand dollars headphones can replicate the musicality of the HD600 (and the HD650). Cant believe HD600 was actually launched in the year 1997, n thats like 2 decades ago lol, and still can stand tall against modern high end headphones.

I used to own my lil bro's HD650. As far as I could tell, HD600 and HD650 are more similar to each other than they r different.
The only noticeable parts r that HD600 has better n more extended highs (without being bright) but rolled off bass (mid bass thump not so apparent, but the bass is still there, pretty adequate for all genres of music). They are neutral (but not flat neutral like the competing cans from Beyerdynamic or Shure) with a touch of warmth, making it pretty musical and natural sounding.

HD650 has rolled off highs (which gives it the perceived lack of clarity/muddiness, also known as the infamous Sennheiser Veil) but with deeper bass. Suitable for modern pop songs that emphasizes on the bass. Warmer sound signature with slightly sweeter mids for vocal songs.

Also, I can easily drive HD600 with my iFi iDSD Nano (great dac but not so powerful amp) with ease and in fact, I can report that both of them have great synergy together. You definitely gonna need a better amp for the HD650 or else the sound will be muddy due to the veil.

Depending on your taste of music, I can see why some would prefer one than the other. Tyll of innerfidelity for example prefer HD600 more than HD650. I personally dont think HD650 warrant an extra USD100 in price tag as I feel that both of them are almost equal sounding with subtle difference.

Overall I would say that both the HD600 and the HD650 r a true pair of classic headphones that can stand the test of time. Definitely worth the buy especially at their current discounted prices as they are punching above their weight (and prices).

This post has been edited by G_KeN: Feb 16 2017, 01:34 AM
G_KeN
post Feb 16 2017, 01:33 AM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(Silverfire @ Feb 16 2017, 01:06 AM)
The HD650 is also 300ohms.
Ah i see. I got confused with beyer dt880's impedance for a moment.

But yea, hd650 requires much more powerful amp to shake off the veil
G_KeN
post Feb 16 2017, 08:13 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

QUOTE(CAL V @ Feb 16 2017, 05:24 PM)
Bought the DAP from taobao, the seller was kind enough to provide free SF express shipping within China. I used the forwarder method which is what I usually use and even paid "sensitive fees" because it have a battery in it. The tracking showed nothing wrong.

I was eager to pick up the item so I called poslaju that I wanted to self collect on Saturday morning. Went to PPL Bangi, they told me the item is still in the big basket and asked me if I can wait for 30 minutes to search for it, I went there solely to collect the item so I waited. When I got the item, the parcel felt extremely light and somewhat flat which surprised me ( I had a DX50 in the past so I know roughly how heavy it should be) with those clear box tape resealed the item, I thought that's nothing wrong because I had a DHL shipment with the same treatment due to custom inspection. *the whole parcel weighed only 180g in the end instead of 500g on the consignment note

Went into my car just outside the post office, when I unbox it, the SF express packaging was opened and sealed back with clear box tape too, but the SF box inside isn't. It was opened at a badly manner, slightly torn box and all I got was some bubble wrap. (Well, the feeling of paying 1k for some bubble wrap is not fun at all). I panicked a little texted some friends for help, went back into the post office counter to ask the worker there, they guided me to fill in the PP1 complaint form and that's it.  cry.gif

Called the forwarding company to complain, they told me to give them relevant details and rest is up to poslaju. And till now it is not sorted yet.

I called poslaju to ask for progress yesterday bcoz the parcel actually had more updates with the tracking and it says ready to be collected at PPL Shah Alam, the cs told me something sketchy coz the recipient name of the item in their system actually changed to someone else's name and the address is some random condo with the same postcode, she was quite surprised too.  hmm.gif

No idea what's going on there and I don't want to jump to conclusion and accuse who stole it. Pretty much eliminate the seller from suspect because the the box was taped nicely and he have tons of good feedback. Could be anyone from the forwarding company staff, customs staff or even the poslaju staff. I just believe in karma.

In this whole event I also learned that it's partially my fault to not top up and let the seller insure the item and ship with SF to msia. And the under declare part, no matter how expensive the item is, end of the day the forwarding company will only compensate 600rmb according to their policy. But if I declared more, poslaju can compensate me full amt? Idk, I just know that I won't be able to afford any audio gears any soon.  sad.gif
u can only claim full amount if u have the item insured even if its poslaju fault. If it is not insured, maximum compensation is around rm100 if im not mistaken.

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0787sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:45 PM