3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hi-Fi Audiophile Lounge, Audiophile Lounge to chit chat

views

FaezFarhan
post May 2 2016, 08:12 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

Anyone here using the AKG K7XX? Sorry for mentionion a non high-end pair of cans, just wondering what amp are you using/tried it with.. biggrin.gif
FaezFarhan
post May 3 2016, 02:01 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ May 3 2016, 10:31 AM)
pairing it with Liquid Carbon. i'd say these cans need a high powered/current amp to drive them to their potential.
Wow, the Liquid Carbon looks amazing. Sadly I've only just recently found out about it and it's wayyy past my current budget.. Just got the K7XX & TH-X00 together.. If only production will start again soon, I'll definitely grab it.. But that seems impossible..
FaezFarhan
post May 3 2016, 02:39 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ May 3 2016, 02:36 PM)
Complete the Massdrop trifecta. Go Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX. Heard they go great together.
Sure, will wait for another M9XX drop soon. Hopefully there will be another one in around July. But that Liquid Carbon is really, really tempting.
FaezFarhan
post May 3 2016, 05:19 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(jchue73 @ May 3 2016, 04:03 PM)
Whoa... You need to go easy and not sapu every headphone you find without planning for good DAC/Amp that the other important part of the equation.

It's very similar to buying a sports car without budgeting for good tyres or buying a high end DSLR camera body without budgeting for good lens.
Yea I understand.. Haha! Just that the drops were too good to resist.. I already bought the Aune T1se to pair with the red AKG K7XX, the AKG is currently being delivered.. For the Fostex, I have another 3 months to save up for a good amp.. That's why I love reading various comments on amp pairings on forums as I can't try it out anywhere.. Also heard that it's on the easy side to amp, just that it's a bit picky..

I'm just beginning my audiophile journey.. Had the DT880 a few years back then sold it as I didn't have time for it while I was studying.. Now that I'm back at home, I'm starting this journey again.. I only have the ATH-M50 now, with Shure SE215 & ATH-IM50(gonna swap it for the IM70 soon) for travelling from time to time.. Also joined the Hifiman HE350 drop as the price is damn good, I could resell if I don't like it..
FaezFarhan
post May 3 2016, 07:26 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(jchue73 @ May 3 2016, 06:47 PM)
The drops are very tempting but I can safely say that it'll always leave you wanting again. That's the nature of things unfortunately. Good things don't come cheap and cheap things don't come good. Buying and reselling may sound simple and easy but in the audiophile community here, it gets more difficult to peddle your wares. Not only that... There are a lot of low ballers out there trying their luck everytime to take advantage of people. Of course to be fair, there are also scalpers in the mix who jack up prices on unsuspecting newbies. Anyway, just my 5 sen.
I fully understand what you're trying to say.. I know I have to always be aware of that.. But I was talking about the HE350 haha.. I won't sell the K7XX & TH-X00. I will use the K7XX for gaming with a modmic if I don't like the sound.. Do they sell the O2/Odac here in Malaysia?
FaezFarhan
post May 5 2016, 12:16 AM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ May 4 2016, 10:40 PM)
Lol. I am that guy.
Me too unfortunately unsure.gif But what a setup you got there!

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ May 4 2016, 10:43 PM)
Check out the garage sales thread. I think a LYN user called Coconuts assembles them based on the NwAvGuy schemantics.
I was searching for a while then only realizing his name was Coconut-3D hahaha! I've dropped him a pm regarding it. Thanks bro. It should sound similar right?
FaezFarhan
post Jun 1 2016, 04:33 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

Was thinking of getting the Mojo for my TH-X00, K7XX, & HE350 but finally ended up joining the Grace M9XX drop. It'll be ariving early July I guess. The TH-X00 Purpleheart & HE350 will be arriving in September unfortunately.

Right now I'm using the K7XX with the Aune T1se, after changing the stock tube to the Amperex 7308, everything especially the clarity got a lot better, but it's now sometimes a bit bright/harsh. Was thinking of getting the DarkVoice 336se OTL to pair it with the Aune T1se as DAC, but does it make sense? Tube DAC + Tube Amp? Lol
FaezFarhan
post Jun 5 2016, 07:04 AM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Jun 5 2016, 05:28 AM)
Might want to look into streaming options (especially Tidal at Hifi version), not too expensive (30/month), and you get to listen to almost everything English. If you're into other languages primarily might not be the best choice.

What do you normally listen with anyway? Headphones, gear?
I feel like he's posting that mainly to promote the website lol.

Btw guys, how did you learn about frequencies in the first place? Like lower midrange, upper midrange, sub-bass etc.. How to identify them? I'm just starting my audiophile journey and I wanna learn it bits by bits..
FaezFarhan
post Jun 16 2016, 09:31 AM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Jun 14 2016, 10:49 AM)
inb4 butthurt folks dish out the Price/performance bullcrap.
It looks awesome. But in order to add protection you had to sacrifice beauty cry.gif
FaezFarhan
post Jul 1 2016, 11:00 AM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

Finally arrived. And luckily tax was only RM133 rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by FaezFarhan: Jul 1 2016, 11:01 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
FaezFarhan
post Jul 1 2016, 11:41 AM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Jul 1 2016, 11:31 AM)
first impressions?  brows.gif
Only had a glimpse of it so far, and I think it's very musical sounding, fun, sort of. Lovely to my ears. It didn't make my K7XX bright at all, which I thought any SS would. Can't wait for my K7XX Purpleheart, though I'm sad to hear Massdrop is producing another version of the TH-X00's even when the Purplehearts are not even delivered yet. Dark, very exotic wood this time. Lol
FaezFarhan
post Jul 1 2016, 07:18 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Jul 1 2016, 01:10 PM)
not a fan of TH-X00 sound signature, unfortunately. mine has been collecting dust since week1.
I guess you prefer flat, accurate kinda headphones?
FaezFarhan
post Jul 1 2016, 08:07 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(Vape On @ Jul 1 2016, 07:53 PM)
Taxed?

Wow.

How many days it took you?
Yea taxed but luckily only a bit, less than a 10%.

It took 8 days to arrive in Malaysia, but was at the customs for 2 weeks. I couldn't go there so I waited for my friend so he could try & nego a bit.
FaezFarhan
post Jul 1 2016, 11:45 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Jul 1 2016, 10:23 PM)
uneven mids, early roll-off treble
yes. and huge soundstage.
Why did you go for a closed-back headphone if you want a huge soundstage at the first place? Haha. Or even if they claim it to be 'semi-open'..

The HD800 sounds perfect for you I guess..
FaezFarhan
post Jul 2 2016, 04:55 AM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Jul 2 2016, 02:58 AM)
for fun. overall it's pretty alright, but the uneven mids made it unbearable for me. as for the bass port, it does make it semi-open for me. it's leaking sound in and out like my dt880/k7xx. and the whole headphone is heavy af with poor weight distribution.

hd800 not my cuppa tea either. rather go planar/electrostat
Bro try this out. Seems a waste if it's collecting dust

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
FaezFarhan
post Aug 27 2016, 03:32 AM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(youngy @ Aug 17 2016, 09:34 PM)
Oh... Mojo will be able to drive it without problem, right?

Love Mojo combination with HE-400i. Not sure about the sound of AKG K7XX.
Better sound-stage is the only thing I know...  innocent.gif
Yea, HE-400i a class above IMO, except the soundstage.
FaezFarhan
post Sep 5 2016, 05:11 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

What is cheap in Japan? Audio Technica headphones?
FaezFarhan
post Sep 5 2016, 05:18 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Sep 5 2016, 05:14 PM)
Nothing really, just some stuff is hard to find outside. There are the occasional outliers, like the Sony ZX2 Walkman once upon a time, but I believe our currency woes put an end to that...

Now it's mostly about what can't you get outside Japan, for me at least.
I see, my friend's brother is there. So I was thinking maybe I could get a decent headphone on the cheap at a certain outlet, but yeah true though, currency is making things worse.

So what can't you get outside of Japan? Haha
FaezFarhan
post Jul 25 2017, 03:45 AM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Jul 18 2017, 06:16 PM)
I won't say it is an upgrade since they both have different sound signatures, but they complement each other well.

Especially if you like to listen to classical/instrumental/soundtrack/complex types the HD800S does better in separation, imaging, micro details, transparency and  soundstage. HD800S plays those types more effortlessly and the changes in tone during crescendo/accelerando is more noticeable compared to the HD6XX.
Not for the mainstream, I suppose biggrin.gif
FaezFarhan
post Jul 27 2017, 05:54 AM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Jul 25 2017, 08:54 AM)
lol it's more versatile than the vanilla HD800 with its slightly warmer tone so still can la. But if I had a choice to stick with only 1 headphone btw HD6XX and HD800S, I'd go for the 800S. Better treble extension and sub bass makes it a better all rounder for me IMO.
Is it like taking the treble from the HD600 and adding it to the HD650 while at the same time refining the details & resolution?

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0197sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:00 PM